Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Mourinho mistakenly think that the Super Cup will cup tie players for CL? Otherwise I'm not sure why him playing in that game would mean anything either way necessarily

Or does he mean if they want him to go they will not pick him to a) emphasise the point and b) avoid a transfer-ending injury?

Think people are missing the quote 'he wants to stay', clearly something is going on, and he is applying some pressure to Bale, i.e. Do you want to join us...

Very interesting.

He'll be in Real's plans until they sign Mbappe and that doesn't seem to be moving very quickly. Even if they sign him I reckon Bale will want to stay and fight for his place so this is absolutely miles away from happening.

Ahh Jose is just thinking of us and wants us to have something kill the evening chatting about.

At the very least that is something concrete linking us to him. Doesnt really get more legit than that, until now its been lots of pretty unreliable rumor tabloids.

Still dont think he wants to join us but again, a very solid bit of news that indicates without a shadow of a doubt that we are in for him and its up to him now as to what happens. If he signs for us then this would be a great window for strengthening in positions we need to. We need a left winger and whatever people say about his injury or his fee, from a Manager's point of view there is a position we need to strengthen in and there arent many better than this man.

I wonder if this is all mind games from Mourinho. I mean he has literally said it many times that he doesn't like talking about players from other clubs as it's disrespectful and he's just done exactly that. I wonder if he's heard that Madrid want to sell, so Mourinho has said what he has in order for Madrid to not play Bale and perhaps improve our chances tomorrow? Idk, I'm just speculating.

I'd love him here, worth the gamble despite the injuries in my opinion. We are currently missing a number 7 and I think he's good enough to fill it.

My one reservation is we must NOT include DDG in any deal for him. If they want De Gea out of the deal I'd rather we didn't sign him at all.

A bit like the Moyes and Fabregas connection this. Player has never spoken in admiration of our club afaik. Yet we persist :confused:

At the very least that is something concrete linking us to him. Doesnt really get more legit than that, until now its been lots of pretty unreliable rumor tabloids.

Still dont think he wants to join us but again, a very solid bit of news that indicates without a shadow of a doubt that we are in for him and its up to him now as to what happens. If he signs for us then this would be a great window for strengthening in positions we need to. We need a left winger and whatever people say about his injury or his fee, from a Manager's point of view there is a position we need to strengthen in and there arent many better than this man.
For a start he didn't play his best football for even spurs on the left wing, apart from that inter hat trick. I can't even remember the last time he played well regularly as a left winger.

Despite what you'd think upon reading a lot of comments here, if he signed, there would be an absolute frenzy of excitement. The match going fans would be all over it, and BALE 7 or whatever, would be everywhere.
He wouldn't be seen as very much a step down from their top boy, he'd come in as top dog alongside Pogba.

Not idea what you have read but I've not suggesting anything other than I'd like him here....

Well that's interesting. Either it's mind games or he's trying to put pressure on Real and Bale in particular.

From the Beeb. Very interesting.

Some interesting quotes from Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho on Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale, who has long been linked with a move to Old Trafford.

Mourinho said: "Well if Bale is playing tomorrow, no I wouldn't think of that, it would be because he's in the coach's plans and the club's plans because he also has that motivation to continue at Real Madrid. So I haven't even thought about the possibility.

"If he is not in the club's plans, that with the arrival of another player would mean he was on his way out. I will try to be waiting for him on the other side and fight with other coaches that would want him on their team. But if he plays tomorrow that is the best confirmation that he is still wanted by the team."

Bale has travelled with Real's squad to Skopje for the Uefa Super Cup final against United tomorrow but has struggled with an ankle injury in pre-season.

That translation is a little bit inaccurate, I think.

He isn't that direct.

I'd be fine with spunking £100m+ on him, if it wasn't for his constant niggly injuries that seem to keep him out of contention for several games at a time.

People moaned about Perisic saying he's average and not good enough, now we're linked with a world beater people don't want him either :wenger:

He'd be our best attacker and by some distance, we should be trying to get him signed even if there is a 1% chance. Van Persie was an even bigger crock and was able to get around his injury problems and went 2 and a half years without one, with proper conditioning he should only be missing matches like any other player in the squad.

I'd be fine with spunking £100m+ on him, if it wasn't for his constant niggly injuries that seem to keep him out of contention for several games at a time.
You're not concerned that £100m would be poor value for a 28 year old who relies in pace and power? Someone pulling in absolutely massive wages even. If we have him at his peak for 3 years that's at least £50m for each season.

People moaned about Perisic saying he's average and not good enough, now we're linked with a world beater people don't want him either :wenger:

Can't please some people. No doubt if we signed Ronaldo/Messi some people would have issues with it.

You're not concerned that £100m would be poor value for a 28 year old who relies in pace and power? Someone pulling in absolutely massive wages even. If we have him at his peak for 3 years that's at least £50m for each season.
Why would he be? It's not our money.

It was inevitable that the papers would create a transfer story in order to fill ink during the buildup to this match.

I'm just glad it is Gareth Bale they are talking about instead of De Gea.

He'd be our best attacker and by some distance, we should be trying to get him signed even if there is a 1% chance. Van Persie was an even bigger crock and was able to get around his injury problems and went 2 and a half years without one, with proper conditioning he should only be missing matches like any other player in the squad.

We paid around £25m for RVP. Bigger gamble with Bale. I agree, he's world class, but only when he plays. I'd like to see us seek a loan with option to buy but I doubt RM will go for that with Bale.

It was inevitable that the papers would create a transfer story in order to fill ink during the buildup to this match.

I'm just glad it is Gareth Bale they are talking about instead of De Gea.

?

Mourinho has talked about Bale. He could (as he has done) just say, he will be impossible to sign.

People moaned about Perisic saying he's average and not good enough, now we're linked with a world beater people don't want him either
People who don't want him are saying so because he is injured way too often and not because he is not good enough for Man Utd.
And RvP comparisons are unfair. We didn't buy RvP when he was inflating Arsenal's hospital bills. We bought him after he had one of the best season of his life at Arsenal.
Bale is coming from 2 years of frequent injuries.

This despite Bale saying that La Liga was easier than PL as they had to only work hard for 45 minutes in a normal match and it was only the big clashes that were too intense where they needed full 90 minutes of hard effort.

Of courseee we would be the only team stupid enough to get rinsed for an injury crock. Well played Jose, genius. @Rado_N, what was it that you were saying about us not being stupid enough to buy Bale given his injury record?

When did I say that?

I definitely think it'd be stupid, I don't remember saying United wouldn't be stupid enough to do it.

We paid £40m for a 29 year old Matic. Money clearly isn't that much of a concern for us. Neymar has also just gone for £200m. And as the other poster said, it's not my money. £100m is about right for an injury-free Bale.

Like I said, I'd be more than happy if we signed him if it wasn't the fear and dread of him turning out to be another Hargreaves. Because of that, I think we might be better of holding off.

It's almost like he's trying kill it dead by saying if he plays tomorrow it shows Real want him. Of course he'll play tomorrow.

Just a shame TFM won't be there to shut him down again.

If it was the CL final yes, but for the Super Cup? I doubt it.

He has gone from being impossible to get, to this, something happening I think...

I think Jose enjoys stirring the pot. I don't believe it means he gives great emphasis to the Super Cup.

Without having seen the interview I'm going to guess he was asked about signing Bale and he couldn't help but pour a little petrol in the fire.

I do believe he is interested in signing Bale by the way, so I don't think he's talking complete bollox. But I don't think it's something that is actually being worked on or anything. He just took the opportunity to upset Bale and Madrid before the game.

Just a personal opinion ofc, I know feck all like everyone else in here.

Strange thing to say Jose, do you know something we don't mate? Plenty of reasons why he wouldn't play that wouldn't suggest he's leaving? Something is weird about that. I think the young lad from France is coming, it's Jose way of saying if Bale isn't in their plans, he'll be in ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.