Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a good place personally. I don't get the sense anyone in Madrid is going to see him as any kind of club legend or give a rats ass if he leaves.

I understand the perspective. But he is written into their club lore already - he scored the go ahead goal for La Décima. Granted that match outcome became a moot point after Ramos scored.

I guess for me he is one of a batch of players that are a dominant European Madrid for the first time in almost 20 years.

Being a part of that team is certainly a more noteworthy career than being with Spurs and maybe winning the league the year Leicester won. Spurs are not a global brand in the way Madrid is.

Another post earlier also mentions his Wales career being significant more than his time with Spurs. I agree there too

Completely agree. He has no historical relationship with the club; wasn't signed by current manager; he's not Spainish or French; commercially worth nowt and can't imagine there's many kids around the world with Bale on their back; doesn't play for a high profile international team and spends half his time injured. Arguable there's a Spanish lad called Isco that might not cost as much but already proved contributes more to the Real team.

Whether he is the right or wrong signing for us, his profile here would different in every single way.

Despite what you'd think upon reading a lot of comments here, if he signed, there would be an absolute frenzy of excitement. The match going fans would be all over it, and BALE 7 or whatever, would be everywhere.
He wouldn't be seen as very much a step down from their top boy, he'd come in as top dog alongside Pogba.

Despite what you'd think upon reading a lot of comments here, if he signed, there would be an absolute frenzy of excitement. The match going fans would be all over it, and BALE 7 or whatever, would be everywhere.
He wouldn't be seen as very much a step down from their top boy, he'd come in as top dog alongside Pogba.
But it can soon turn into ugly mess with him being ill motivated being forced out of his preferred club, and of course injuries. Big hope can easily turned into bigger disappointment. So the gamble has to be careful assessed. The latest data is that Bale is finding it tougher to shake off his injuries & he has less impact in an improved Madrid team.

Bale when fit is world class and can compare to messi and ronaldo, neymar and griezmann are nowhere near to him.He is actually Ronaldo clone, who actually plays with left and is slightly better at dribbling.But he is a gamble, as he has become injury prone and is great risk buying him, considering the money that should be spent on him.When fit, I can't imagine myself picking other player before him.
While I certainly believe Bale is under-rated a bit, he's not on the level of Messi and Ronaldo. Those two are freaks, and we probably won't see anyone else reach those levels for a long time.

A fit Bale is (was?) up there with Neymar as the best of the rest though. The big question is whether he can get over these injury issues, and whether the injuries he has had have already taken away from his game. There were moments in the pre-season match against us where he didn't seem to have that same blinding speed that he used to, but that easily may have just been because it was the first game and he wasn't properly fit yet.

His speed levels etc would have to thoroughly tested in any medical before any new club agrees to his fee. If he's fit and can sustain it, hes a genuine world class game changer. I've heard people say he was rushed back too quickly last time by real. Maybe just needed a rest to recuperate fully. If the club after his medical are happy then it's a no brainer. Would also take pressure of the likes of lukaku also. We need goals from multiple sources and that's something he'd give us

I feel a bit sad for Bale. This last injury has been terrible for him.
For his moral and for the opinion that fans have about him.
I think the Guardian wrote that the club told him that Mbappé is not coming this year.
Bale with more malice,upset for the critics,with pressure for his place could be a beast,if he could stay at least 3 or 4 months without injuries.
Unfortunately every time that he sprints or shot I think that he will break again.
He has been good for Madrid and doesn't deserve an ugly exit but on the other hand his situation with injuries and with top player condition(to be in the line up,massive wages,etc) is not sustainable for too long.

I feel a bit sad for Bale. This last injury has been terrible for him.
For his moral and for the opinion that fans have about him.
I think the Guardian wrote that the club told him that Mbappé is not coming this year.
Bale with more malice,upset for the critics,with pressure for his place could be a beast,if he could stay at least 3 or 4 months without injuries.
Unfortunately every time that he sprints or shot I think that he will break again.
He has been good for Madrid and doesn't deserve an ugly exit but on the other hand his situation with injuries and with top player condition(to be in the line up,massive wages,etc) is not sustainable for too long.
Pretty much sums it up

Also kinda funny that his greatest moment for us came in one of his absolute worst games for us(Lisbon)

Pretty much sums it up

Also kinda funny that his greatest moment for us came in one of his absolute worst games for us(Lisbon)
Maybe it's silly but I always felt that some players bring luck to the teams and Bale was one of them :D
We enjoyed a 85% version of Bale.I would have liked to see him playing more on the left or the middle.

Maybe it's silly but I always felt that some players bring luck to the teams and Bale was one of them :D
We enjoyed a 85% version of Bale.I would have liked to see him playing more on the left or the middle.
We already saw him in his best position(free role, mostly down the middle). It's where he plays whenever Cristiano is out. And most of those times he was a barbarian :drool::drool::drool:

Ando :(

Who is Ando?
Our former wonder kid player, Anderson. Even under Moyes, before he was sent on loan, we didn't do too bad. Dropped off the cliff since he was moved on in term of luck. SAF must have known something here...

Apparantely he has told Modric that he is "ready" to move to Utd. If he joins us, I have no doubt that he would elevate us and we would win the title.

I personally thought Ramsay was better than him in the euros.

Ramsey was fecking immense in the Euros. I remember us being linked with him the same summer and if it was that version of Ramsey we could have got it would have been brilliant.

Both quoting Don Balon.

Ahh ffs, I saw this and got excited until I saw the source.

I'm pretty sure they can't afford to buy him without selling.
They've got half of the money they need from the Morata sale, but seeing as what Monaco would want for him, they'd have to raise another €80m - €100m. Plus, without selling, where exactly would they fit Mbappe in?
but will Bale want to leave? not so sure

Well without Cristiano playing tomorrow then Bale surely will play.

He won't be cup tied if he plays that tomorrow though will he?

We are linked to Bale like every day of the year?

Yeah. I didn't think there was anything to it because of how we are always linked to him every summer. Just like with the Ronaldo return that never happens. Mourinho talking about signing him is another thing altogether though.

Of courseee we would be the only team stupid enough to get rinsed for an injury crock. Well played Jose, genius. @Rado_N, what was it that you were saying about us not being stupid enough to buy Bale given his injury record?
Maybe Jose wants to make sure Real plays an unfit Bale.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2277105.html

Can a player play in UEFA competition for more than one club in the same season?

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, excluding UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. However, a player can play for one club in the first, second and third qualifying round, and/or the play-offs, of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, and then represent another club from the group stage of either competition.

He should be, hence the implication from a Jose that if they play him tomorrow, it means they want him to stay because they can't sell him to a top club if he's cup tied for the champions league.

EDIT: post above says he won't be. Maybe Jose meant that they wouldn't risk him picking up an injury if they want to sell him? God knows.

We don't need Bale and Bale wants to be at Madrid where he can be injured and still be able to collect Champions League medals.

Yes but usually from the Star/Express... Big for Jose to be so open and honest about a player, normally he keeps his mouth shut until the player is signed

Sounds like typical Jose mind games for the Super Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.