Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm not dissing it but he will probably cost 5 times the amount of RVP so I guess it comes down to is it worth it for that price. My answer is yes it is by the way as IMO the first title we win (in under the next 3 seasons) after Fergie is priceless.

I fully agree with you. Winning the league again would make it worth it. Putting us in a position where we can challenge for the league would be worth the risk.

His stats in 2015/2016 are better than in 2014/2015 despite playing 1710 minutes less. Some decline.

Plus 9 goals and 5 assists in 27 games isn't actually that bad given the disruption of injury and being in and out of the starting lineup impacting form.

I am sure that saved 40 million will look real nice to you when one of our rivals win the league. Maybe then you will be banging your keyboard of how united needed another signing.

The biggest question would be having Bale fit. 70-90m is a huge risk and also the wages we would have him on. It would be similar to the case of Schweinsteger. Bale would be a good acquisition but personally, I would rather get Dembele especially since Bale's pace has diminished over time and he wouldn't be used as a winger. His best position would be behind the striker and I would rather have Mhiki play there.

The Star (oh so well respected) and the Express (even better, not) have put two and two together and come up with a bag of onions: we are going to get Bale! As if Madrid can't afford Mpabbe without selling anyone. When will this one just go away?
I'm pretty sure they can't afford to buy him without selling.
They've got half of the money they need from the Morata sale, but seeing as what Monaco would want for him, they'd have to raise another €80m - €100m. Plus, without selling, where exactly would they fit Mbappe in?

The biggest question would be having Bale fit. 70-90m is a huge risk and also the wages we would have him on. It would be similar to the case of Schweinsteger. Bale would be a good acquisition but personally, I would rather get Dembele especially since Bale's pace has diminished over time and he wouldn't be used as a winger. His best position would be behind the striker and I would rather have Mhiki play there.

I think quite a lot of us would prefer Dembele but he doesnt wish to move at this moment (and has stated his preference for Barca) plus BVB doesnt want to sell him

Do you think he's a no 10?

I think he's best in a relatively free role behind/alongside a mobile centre forward - so either a #10 or a SS. This is where he's played his best football for Spurs, Wales and Madrid. It would appear that Bale himself agrees with this assessment, as seen above. You find this notion "laughable"; would you care to explain why?

I'm pretty sure they can't afford to buy him without selling.
They've got half of the money they need from the Morata sale, but seeing as what Monaco would want for him, they'd have to raise another €80m - €100m. Plus, without selling, where exactly would they fit Mbappe in?
Are Real Madrid in some sort of financial trouble that I don't know of? Why couldn't they raise €100m? We spent more than that this summer without selling anyone; we have a comparable wage bill and similar revenue to Madrid.

We are crying out for a player like Bale. Explosive and can score. I'd prefer him on the wing but he himself prefers the centre. Either way, If we can sign him then please do.

Why would you think that? They posted record revenues and sold Danilo and Morata this summer.

Yeah don't think Madrid need to sell as much as is being made out either.

Not from a need money to buy point of view but I reckon being able to take Bales wages off the books would be a bonus if Mbappe comes in. Can't imagine Mbappe will be paid as much as Bale either so say if you combine Morata and Danilos wages you cover Mbappes (ish) and then Bales wages are off the books as well.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Bale won't ever join Liverpool mate
Based on what? I can't see there being much teams who actually want him considering his price tag will be incredible, and his injury record over the past 2 seasons does not look good. Liverpool may be one of the few teams in England who can still afford his wage and transfer price, who will genuinely want him, Chelsea also though.

Based on what? I can't see there being much teams who actually want him considering his price tag will be incredible, and his injury record over the past 2 seasons does not look good. Liverpool may be one of the few teams in England who can still afford his wage and transfer price, who will genuinely want him, Chelsea also though.
If he makes any noise about moving from Madrid, there are many teams ahead of Pool atm.

I wouldn't describe the position he played for Spurs as No 10. Yes he has a free role but he started as an outside left in most games. Yes for Wales he plays where he wants.
What? I'm pretty sure AVB put him right behind the striker.

Why do people think that Madrid need to sell Bale to get Mbappe? They got rid of Morata, Danilo, Pepe(wages) and James(wages). And it's not like they are a poor team financially. Besides, selling Bale too on top of Morata would be very risky for them. If Mbappe settles well, I can see them selling him next season.

Also spending anything above £70m for him would be very risky. He's a game changer for sure, but his persistent injury problems are a concern, especially for someone who relies an awful lot on pace and physicality. I'd rather try getting Sanchez, the guy is desperate to win the league.

Like who?
I'm assuming he'd want a return to England (an assumption which has no basis apart from him being british).
You think United and Chelsea are gonna just sit out of this? We wont care about his injury record IF he is available. Hell I think even Spurs will be ahead of Liverpool.

Why do people think that Madrid need to sell Bale to get Mbappe?.

It's more "good business" than any kind of necessity, if they are gonna spend 130m on Mbappe then Bale is gonna be left out in the cold this season, and the fans are turning on him already. Never is there a better time to cash in on Bale and recoup a large part of the potential Mbappe fee.

Plus 9 goals and 5 assists in 27 games isn't actually that bad given the disruption of injury and being in and out of the starting lineup impacting form.

You are right. It's not that bad. It's "okay".
But when you are paying £100M or whatever sum of money we are talking about, "okay" isn't good enough.
You can pay £50M for a player who will be "okay".
For £100M, we need Galactico levels of performance - a game changer. Something that none of our current set of players bring.

The main problem for me, is that Bale is perennially either injured or coming back from injury.

To be fair to him he had a choice between a Real Madrid with world class players and a world class manager....and a decent but limited United side who had just lost a legendary manager and replaced him with David Moyes.

Not a good stick to beat him with really.

Ok but can you justify paying £90-100 million on a injury prone forward? He's the second coming of Darren Anderton. Don't want that near our club.

I'd love to have him at United, he's exactly the type of player we need - a game changer.
The pace argument is ever so strong here on the caf and with Bale many seem to think that he "relies" on it to succeed which is just pure BS imo. He uses his speed very well but he definitely doesn't rely on it. Even if he loses 10-15% of his pace tomorrow he would still be our best attacking player and probably still not any slower than your average PL attacker anyway.

What I got from this thread is the realisation how amazing it was that we got someone of Van Persie's quality for 20-odd million. That's like the modern version of Cantona for £1.3 million. Unreal signing.

That was before the TV deal. 20 Million was a big sum compared to revenues back then.

I think he's best in a relatively free role behind/alongside a mobile centre forward - so either a #10 or a SS. This is where he's played his best football for Spurs, Wales and Madrid. It would appear that Bale himself agrees with this assessment, as seen above. You find this notion "laughable"; would you care to explain why?

He's an outside left and I agree has performed well in a free role. He's not a no 10.

Very relatable as we all know you can change the human parts that show wear and tear.
I'm currently going through my 3rd dick. Overmasterbation you see.

No but when BMW parts wear off they can become really expensive (cost more than a car sometimes) so essentially the same. When my Bimmer works it is a glorious car to drive - full of pace and control but when it's down I keep wondering why I didn't just get a used corolla.

Used BMW = Bale
Used Corolla = Perisic.

Couldn't care less about his injury issues or the fees involved. For however many games he is fit and on the pitch, he is instantly our best attacking player. Why any fan worries about the financial 'value' of a transfer is beyond me. He's far less of a risky transfer than a Morata or an Mbappe.

Nah I'm not angry at all. I just don't believe Bale should have the honour to wear the red shirt. He had his chance to come here and his injury record makes him a huge gamble. The quotes around £90 million are ridiculous.

That I understand, but to say Madrid don't give a feck is nonsense. Perez invested everything and then some in Bale project.

It's more "good business" than any kind of necessity, if they are gonna spend 130m on Mbappe then Bale is gonna be left out in the cold this season, and the fans are turning on him already. Never is there a better time to cash in on Bale and recoup a large part of the potential Mbappe fee.
But don't you think they are already short on options having sold Morata and James? They will certainly aim to retain that CL and the league title. They'll need a lot of depth everywhere. And nobody can guarantee that Mbappe will hit the ground running. Bale also seems to be happy there, so it's not like the Morata situation where the player wanted to leave.

But having said that, yeah, this is the year they can expect to get the maximum amount of money for him. But with Barca having lost their star player (after Messi), this would be the best time for them to dominate for a couple of years.

If you bought Bale, he would almost certainly play the same role that Hazard, Cristiano, and Eto'o have played for him in the past - technically a wide forward but with few defensive responsibilities and a relatively free role when in possession.

I think £100m on top of the £150m we've already spent would phase the owners, yes.
Hmm potentially but I'd be surprised if exceptions wouldn't be made for a player of Bales calibre. I don't expect we will require as many players next summer so we could sign maybe Griezman +1 at an outlay of 100-150 million. £400 million over two summers seems achievable while massively improving the team

Why do people want Bale? Yes he was an incredible football player a few seasons ago but the guy just can't stay fit. If we spend £100m on a guy who only played less than a third of Madrid's games last season due to injury then we're out of our minds.

Why do people want Bale? Yes he was an incredible football player a few seasons ago but the guy just can't stay fit. If we spend £100m on a guy who only played less than a third of Madrid's games last season due to injury then we're out of our minds.

When fit still an incredible player. You only need like 4-5 good games to go very far in competitions like the CL

He fits the profile of the type of player we need to win the league, someone like him could be the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle.
When fit, he is one of the best in the world.... the real issues are his fitness and willingness to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.