Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have Bale here, but if the rumour is to be believed that one of the BBC needs to be sold before getting anyone like Mbappe in, I think United should not get into the trap of doing so. United should try to get players such as Dembele first, while the big Spanish two fight it off for Mbappe.

Bale is a proven big game player and contributor to goals, but his injury concern really worries me though. I think it is time for United to buy young talents again instead of "outcasts". Then again, players such as Dembele may say au revoir in few years time when the big two come calling. :p:nono:

The Bale ship sailed once he went Madrid I think. Getting him at 24 would have been amazing but now he's closer to 30 you have to wonder how much mileage a player like him has left when his main attribute is his pace coupled with his injury record its just too much of a gamble and we could be left with a crocked 100 million pound investment with no resale value once he hits 30.

I personally would love him here, though I don't disagree entirely with what you are saying - there is a risk involved, but if it paid off we would win the league. Maybe Falcao has scarred the powers that be...

Reading your statement though, you can see why PSG went all in for Neymar, still very surprised / disappointed we seemingly didn't get involved, especially when it became clear he wanted out and wasn't the olde contract extension trick.

Oh agreed. I didn't put it that way because the Griez fans on here seem to think he is a saint for doing what he is doing. He isn't, he shafted us, and will end up at Barcelona, Real or who knows, PSG.

If he really wanted to be here, he would have signed months ago.
Yep I don't see Griezmann here, he will go to Barca as I am sure he has said that he is proud of being a basque(by proxy, something to do with Starting his career at Sociedad?). He has played the shite out of us, he is one of those never happening signings we get once in a while. I imagine he will go to Barca and then every year will come out saying he would like a move to United, then he will get a nice big upgraded contract.

Do you think that Real Madrid might be that eager to sell Bale now that they'd be willing to negotiate on a price? Now they know Barca have the money to buy Mbappe, they can't mess around demanding stupid fees and holding out until they get it can they? My guess is they'd be in a race against time to get the money together, unless Mbappe has told them he definitely wants Madrid and will wait for them?

If Madrid want to sell for circa. £65 million, then I'll be all for it. Sure he's had some 'mares with injuries - but him in our team automatically makes us favourites.

For all the talk of pacey wingers losing it as they get older or injured, look at Craig Bellamy. He had a load of muscle injuries, came out the other end just fine. He wasn't a great player, but he was fast. If Bale is available, we shouldn't write him off assuming he's guarunteed to never be quick again!

Yep I don't see Griezmann here, he will go to Barca as I am sure he has said that he is proud of being a basque(by proxy, something to do with Starting his career at Sociedad?). He has played the shite out of us, he is one of those never happening signings we get once in a while. I imagine he will go to Barca and then every year will come out saying he would like a move to United, then he will get a nice big upgraded contract.

Why, what's the connection with Basque and Barcelona?

Bale played 100 games for Real thats 25 a season for 4 seasons. In a team hitting 60+ games a season mostly.

Perisic in that time has played 35 a season in teams that do not play as many games, i suppose its fair to say an, everton type - cl quallifier, level sides. Who also missed over two months with a knee injury. Not constant niggles.

Nope

You can keep repeating the same lie over and over it wont make it true.

Go check it your self.... the numbers are correct, accurate and available for all to read.
There it is in black and white and bold for you. You quoted his league figures and talked about Real Madrid playing 60+ a season.

For all the talk of pacey wingers losing it as they get older or injured, look at Craig Bellamy. He had a load of muscle injuries, came out the other end just fine. He wasn't a great player, but he was fast. If Bale is available, we shouldn't write him off assuming he's guarunteed to never be quick again!
Look also at Ronaldo, a player that Bale is similar to

Bale played 100 games for Real thats 25 a season for 4 seasons. In a team hitting 60+ games a season mostly.

Perisic in that time has played 35 a season in teams that do not play as many games, i suppose its fair to say an, everton type - cl quallifier, level sides. Who also missed over two months with a knee injury. Not constant niggles.
Wow we are comparing Bale and Perisic now? fecking hell. Here is the difference - Bale is capable of winning those 25 games he plays on HIS own, every single time while Perisic wont be able to win 5 games on his own. Thats the difference between a WC player and a fecking squad player.

With his injury record I think United could afford to plunk £30m and pay him £150k/wk for 3 years. If he stayed injury free, award the player with a bonus or something.

You asked.

Thanks, I'm just trying to gauge what people think he's worth, given his various issues.

Bellamy, Giggs, Robben. I'd take a risk on Bale.

The number of games he is capable of playing in has reduced year on year, plus his output is reducing year on year for assists, take on, goals scored per 90, etc.

Wow we are comparing Bale and Perisic now? fecking hell. Here is the difference - Bale is capable of winning those 25 games he plays on HIS own, every single time while Perisic wont be able to win 5 games on his own. Thats the difference between a WC player and a fecking squad player.

Agreed, I think we have a great squad but to win the league we are missing one player and Bale fits the profile of the type of player that we need.
Its a huge risk but perhaps one that the richest club in the world should be taking.

A fit Bale will propel us to the top of the league and far into the Champions league as well.

Agreed, I think we have a great squad but to win the league we are missing one player and Bale fits the profile of the type of player that we need.
Its a huge risk but perhaps one that the richest club in the world should be taking.

A fit Bale will propel us to the top of the league and far into the Champions league as well.
The question is maybe if we get bale, does that mean no LWB/LW/LB, if so then we are going to be playing Darmian as a WB, which noone seems to think is a good idea. We already have players who should be good enough as a second striker.

Ill be happy if we get him cheap, if we end up spending 100m on Bale it would be a travesty.

There's a distinct lack of Youtube comps in this thread, I've just watched last seasons and the guy's a beast.

If he came and had the same injury record as his last 3 at Real would you still take him IF he guaranteed a title in the next 3 years but the other two years would result in relatively poor returns for us due to him missing large portions of the season through injury.

Not to play the what if game but I think it could be a genuine possibility of what could happen if he signs.

The number of games he is capable of playing in has reduced year on year, plus his output is reducing year on year for assists, take on, goals scored per 90, etc.

No point using logic on Bale the ppl wanting him are blind to any logic and cling to look how he played four five years ago that's what we would get more from him .

It's a strange delusion I cant understand when its clear that that Bale is gone... buying Bale now would be the same as buying Rooney at 28 and look at his last three seasons with us

Bale would not come to play WB, if we buy him it has to be as a 10
Arguably he is much better off of the wing and if Jose allows him freedom and the team to be aggressive he'd effectively spend more time as a LW than LB especially with how hard the team was pressing against Sampdoria and hunting the ball to win it back quicker other than Joses usual tactics of waiting for it to come to him.

Also everyone surely remembers Bale was a LB right? This would be the 3rd time united have tried to sign him under 3 different managers.

Even from pre-season you can tell we aren't going to score enough goals to win the league. Bale, if there's a chance of getting him, would change that. I can't think of anyone else that's available who would have the same effect. You can't rely on Perisic constantly trying to get to the byline and putting crosses in, it's too easy to defend.

The question is maybe if we get bale, does that mean no LWB/LW/LB, if so then we are going to be playing Darmian as a WB, which noone seems to think is a good idea. We already have players who should be good enough as a second striker.

Ill be happy if we get him cheap, if we end up spending 100m on Bale it would be a travesty.

With Shaws injuries, LB has always been a concern of mine because we seem to have no backup LB and the left side of our attack never seems to live up to its potential. If he manages to stay injury free, it would be huge for us, either way we really should be looking into a backup LB, regardless of the Bale situation.

I dont think Madrid will sell Bale for anything less than they bought him for, especially in this market.

We have to take the risk because our attack is basically the same as last year, I know Matic there should free up Pogba and Herrera but even with their added output we need more goals to win the league.

One thing about injury prone players is that they can be incredibly frustrating. You know our team would be better with them but they are just going to be missing or lacking fitness for crunch games. Reliability over ability for me.

I find it hard to believe and team is going to shell out 90m plus for bale.

Madrid won't sell for less than what they paid but his injury record is poor and he isn't even fit now. Just seems too big a risk especially as his pace and power is so vital to his game.

There's a distinct lack of Youtube comps in this thread, I've just watched last seasons and the guy's a beast.
He is a beast with world class players around him in every position. There is no way to know whether Bale will live up to the hype at United under Jose with our current squad. An argument can be made that he was playing very well for an average Spurs before he went to RM but we're very much a side in transition and rebuilding. Yes we need to target top players if we're going to get back to the top but there is a much greater risk with Bale and his injury record. Plus, I get the impression he really doesn't want to move from RM and is being forced out.

The more the summer goes on I am more in favour of this. If he stays fit he gives us a fear factor that we currently lack, especially against bottom half teams. I am not concerned by lack of a push for a move by the player, it's understandable to want to be part of a push for three in a row champions leagues. His tune will change if they put him up for sale.

If he came and had the same injury record as his last 3 at Real would you still take him IF he guaranteed a title in the next 3 years but the other two years would result in relatively poor returns for us due to him missing large portions of the season through injury.

Not to play the what if game but I think it could be a genuine possibility of what could happen if he signs.

Robin Van Persie says hello.

Owen Hargreaves is a classic example, Luke Shaw had barely ever been useful to us, same as Jones + Bastian was a wreck by the time we signed him up.

If we're spending 50m+ and paying a 300k+ salary then we should make sure that we're getting a top top player who would available for most of our games.

Fair enough Hargreaves had a few issues with Bayern. Shaw wasn't injury prone before we got him and Shweinsteiger was priced in line with his decrepit state. But in general, I agree with you it would be a massive gamble. If it paid off, it could mean winning the title this year though.

Sorry, too 2012 for me.

Injury prone and super expensive.

dd-composite-bale.jpg

Robin Van Persie says hello.

He had a great last season for Arsenal before we signed him tho, before that his injury record wasnt great.
Bale has been on a steady decline at Madrid, having said that Id still take the chance on him

i can quite confidently say, there is no way we will pay Madrid £90m for Bale. He just simply isn't the player that Madrid bought. So if the price tag is the main thing people are put off by him, think they just need to relax.

When it comes to United, the media will always love to put an extra £10m on. Look at our last signing, they were trying to say Matic was £50m. Turned out to be significantly less. Even Lukaku they were saying was near £95m.

So if your basing your opinion of Bale due to the prices the media are quoting...take that quote and reduce it by £15m - £20m.

Fair enough Hargreaves had a few issues with Bayern. Shaw wasn't injury prone before we got him and Shweinsteiger was priced in line with his decrepit state. But in general, I agree with you it would be a massive gamble. If it paid off, it could mean winning the title this year though.

I haven't closed the door completely to Bale. A 2 year loan deal (10m a pop per season) with a right to buy fee of 40m + us paying his salary would make him a relatively 'safe' bet to take. I doubt Real would accept that though.

Here we are again with posters going on about transfer fee's. For the record, I think the people that don't want Bale, full stop, are nuts considering how badly we need, not only a game changer, but somebody who can put a fecking cross in for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.