Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key for Bale is if he stays fit or not. If he succeeds in staying fit he'll be easily our best player. It seems his problems last season is he was too rush to return from the injury which result in it getting aggravated.

Obviously not a 100m player anymore but I'll take him for 70-80. Madrid may just want to sell him fast to free space for Mbappe and I think they learnt their lesson from Morata deal so if they really, really have the idea for selling him then they will accept the nearest reasonable price I reckon.

I'm coming back around to the idea, IF Bale is willing to move to United. Don't want another Di Maria situation.
We can afford a luxury player and could use another game changer.

I think heavy players with a lot of pace lose it in their late twenties to injury and muscle change. He's at his peak now and buying him would be a mistake.

There it is in black and white and bold for you. You quoted his league figures and talked about Real Madrid playing 60+ a season.
You had 3 replies since then which you are blatently ignoring and reverting back to the original post which was already explained to you by me.

Bale has played 150 games for Real in the last 4 years. Perisic has played 118 in the same time period.
To which i replied
Get the feck outa here with them numbers. Choosing all Bales games and trimming Perisic's? Yea right!

My stats.... I chose league games mainly as its directly comparable. But lets expand seeing as thats where your headding with it.

..........13/14..... 14/15...... 15/16..... 16/17
Bale:...P 44/60; P 48/59; P 31/52; P 27/60 = 150/231, 65%
Perisic:P 38/39; P 38/52; P 41/44; P 42/46 = 159/181, 87.8%

"How d'ya like dem apples" Still not bad for only the half price, ya gotta admit!
And now for the second time... I initally chose league games only, where Bale has played 100 and Perisic played 70 for wolfsberg and 70 for Inter. Which is a fact! and its also a fact that Real would play 60 games a season. But an inaccurate comparison. Because its 4 seasons vs 4.5 seasons. Which is why i drew up the table.

I've already acknowledged I got Perisic's numbers wrong. You didn't choose league games mainly. You chose league games for Bale and all comps for Perisic. You even referenced all competitions in the comparison.
Your arguement here is based on bale playing 4 seasons but yet only accounting for 3 with Perisic or me not judging them the by the same games or time frame. And the table proves I clearly didn't.

SO I dont know what point you're trying to make.

If you need links for even further proof, they can be provided

You had 3 replies since then which you are blatently ignoring and reverting back to the original post which was already explained to you by me.

To which i replied
And now for the second time... I initally chose league games only, where Bale has played 100 and Perisic played 70 for wolfsberg and 70 for Inter. Which is a fact! and its also a fact that Real would play 60 games a season. But an inaccurate comparison. Because its 4 seasons vs 4.5 seasons. Which is why i drew up the table.

Your arguement here is based on bale playing 4 seasons but yet only accounting for 3 with Perisic or me not judging them the by the same games or time frame. And the table proves I clearly didn't.

SO I dont know what point you're trying to make.

If you need links for even further proof, they can be provided
Jesus Christ. The initial point you made included league figures but failed to mention that's all you were using despite talking about Real Madrid playing 60+ games a season. You even specifically mention how it makes Perisic's figures more impressive. I don't know how many times that has to be pointed out for you to understand the point. I'm guessing it will be an impossible task so I'll give up now.

And once again I will state that I acknowledged I'd got Perisic's figures wrong initially before you'd even replied to me. And it is not a fact that Perisic has played 140 league games in the last 4 seasons. It is 129 so you may want to check your facts again.

In short you posted deliberately misleading information by posting just League figures while referencing the difference in the number of games available in all competitions and not pointing out you were only using League figure. There is no correlation between league appearance and how many other games they could have played. You also added a little on to the figures for Perisic. And it's quite clearly written in black and white.

Last edited:
He fits the profile of the type of player we need to win the league, someone like him could be the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle.
When fit, he is one of the best in the world.... the real issues are his fitness and willingness to come here.

When fit still an incredible player. You only need like 4-5 good games to go very far in competitions like the CL

Agree that when fit he would be just what we need. But I just can't see him staying fit for enough games to help us in a meaningful way. If we're gonna pump another £100m on a player (which frankly I don't see us doing this summer) I would much rather go for someone who can actually play 40+ games for us. Bale would probably give us half of that, if that.

If we look at his stats from last season, how many minutes he actually played, it roughly comes out to 21 games. That's 21 games out of a 60 game season. While if we're lucky if most of those games came in the Champions League, they're not enough to help us mount a serious title challenge.

I have mixed feelings about this deal if it happens.

On one hand, he would easily add quality to our team. When fit Bale is one of the best on the planet and commercially would suit Uniteds brand.

Then on the other hand, he spends half his time in the injury room and we would be paying maybe £100+ for someone we cant guarantee will last a full season.

If we can get him for a good price (£75-£85m) then take the risk, if Madrid demand £100+ then save the money and go for someone like Dembele

On one hand, he would easily add quality to our team. When fit Bale is one of the best on the planet and commercially would suit Uniteds brand.

Then on the other hand, he spends half his time in the injury room and we would be paying maybe £100+ for someone we cant guarantee will last a full season.

If we can get him for a good price (£75-£85m) then take the risk, if Madrid demand £100+ then save the money and go for someone like Dembele

What worries me is that even though RM seems glad to get rid Bale doesn't seem interested in the slightest.

We really don't need an injury prone player on extortionate wages who doesn't even want to be here.

What worries me is that even though RM seems glad to get rid Bale doesn't seem interested in the slightest.

We really don't need an injury prone player on extortionate wages who doesn't even want to be here.

This. I honestly would be very wary of signing Bale.

If we have to spend cash, I would go all out for Dembele rather than Bale. They should cost roughly the same anyway.

He is 28 already with his injury record getting worse and worse. And as others pointed out he wants to stay in Madrid...

Yeah true, but if Madrid make it clear to him he isnt wanted and isnt in the managers plans then I cant see him wanting to be on the sidelines all season. He will want regular football and United can give him that.

But like you said, £100m+ for a player who doesnt want to be here isnt ideal.

So, to summarise, we're after a player like Bale but not Bale?

With Dembele to Barca, Neymar to PSG, Mbappe to Real and Bale to United would be a bit of a mental summer in the transfer merry-go-round.

You know, Bayern could kinda do with a winger and has a good relationship with Real. I would take him in a heartbeat.

Would you like for Bayern to buy him outright for the price RM most likely will demand? They won't accept another loan with option deal for someone as injury prone as Bale.

He would be a giant gamble for any club.

The pace argument is ever so strong here on the caf and with Bale many seem to think that he "relies" on it to succeed which is just pure BS imo. He uses his speed very well but he definitely doesn't rely on it. Even if he loses 10-15% of his pace tomorrow he would still be our best attacking player and probably still not any slower than your average PL attacker anyway.

I agree with all points you made.
But you have not addressed his injury problems. He doesn't play many games.

I've noticed a lot of people on here comparing Bale to Di Maria in regard to him not wanting to leave RM so we will get the same commitment from him. Di Maria didn't like the culture and lifestyle and possibly the regular demands of the PL. Bale obviously knows the culture and the PL. He's proved what he can do in this league. He may not want to leave RM but if he is made to feel that his time is up then he will likely come back to the PL where his stock is the highest. If he signed for us I would have no doubt that he would give 100% unlike Di Maria. His injury record recently is no doubt a huge issue but he would not turn up for a fat pay cheque and not give his all like Di Maria did.

Would be a great LB option if he manages to stay fit.

Might be wishful thinking but bale is being used as a speed merchant on the RW for Madrid & I believe this is what is making him pick up injuries.
Centrally for Wales; he is as good or arguably better playing to his strengths; which is actually being a strong player with speed at his disposal.

If he was to come here; it doesn't make an ounce of sense to me to play him on the RW with forwards like lukaku & Martial - they kind of counter each other.

You play bale behind Lukaku & martial behind Rashford - we actually have a strike force that can demolish the PL and the CL. I genuinely think bale in the centre will ease his injuries.

This whole thread sounds like once you get one injury your career is over.

Did anyone watch him at the Euros?

I must be a biased Welshman but he's going to come good for whoever he plays for.

Perisic has played 140 league games in the last 4 seasons. It is 129 so you may want to check your facts again.
Naa you are at it again.

Nobody said he played 140 league in 4 seasons. I said he played 70 for both Inter and Wolfsberg. Read it again. I also added that it wasn't a fair comparison, I actually never said a time. And while it drew the same conclusion people questioned its credentials. So I drew up a more accurate table. Thats all nothing more

In short you posted deliberately misleading information by posting just League figures while referencing the difference in the number of games available in all competitions and not pointing out you were only using League figure. There is no correlation between league appearance and how many other games they could have played. You also added a little on to the figures for Perisic. And it's quite clearly written in black and white.
Ah you've lost it mate.

You were done two messages ago and you keep coming back with some other random nonsense because you can’t or won’t accept it.

Somehow now the amount of league games has no correlation to total games played that season??? Really? Despite making up by far the largest portion of the games available. You think it has no connection at all? Not even in the slightest? Well Ok so.

Maybe it was the time when I was deliberately misleadingly informing you? Maybe that was when I "added a little to Perisic figures"...

But that’s a bold claim and ima need you to back that up!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gareth_Bale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Perišić

I don’t need reams, just where you think i dreamed up these extra "figures"?
And finally, you seem a little irritated not sure why, it’s supposed to be fun this, but you know, "when the fun stops, stop!"

Guys, your all talking about a hypothetical situation with no truth to it. There is no links apart from some vague connection between Madrid and the possibility they are interested in Mbappe and the subsequent making way of bale. It's just a fabricated story that you have all made up.

No doubt it would be a great signing but mourinho dismissed it in a similar light to ronaldo and no credible source has reported it.

Come on guys, let this one go. No need for more heart ache!

It's perisic or know one.

Naa you are at it again.

Nobody said he played 140 league in 4 seasons. I said he played 70 for both Inter and Wolfsberg. Read it again. I also added that it wasn't a fair comparison, I actually never said a time. And while it drew the same conclusion people questioned its credentials. So I drew up a more accurate table. Thats all nothing more

Ah you've lost it mate.

You were done two messages ago and you keep coming back with some other random nonsense because you can’t or won’t accept it.

Somehow now the amount of league games has no correlation to total games played that season??? Really? Despite making up by far the largest portion of the games available. You think it has no connection at all? Not even in the slightest? Well Ok so.

Maybe it was the time when I was deliberately misleadingly informing you? Maybe that was when I "added a little to Perisic figures"...

And finally, you seem a little irritated not sure why, it’s supposed to be fun this, but you know, "when the fun stops, stop!"
I wouldn't waste your time with that one buddy...

Still, what difference are those 15-25m in todays football?

I think quite a lot of us would prefer Dembele but he doesnt wish to move at this moment (and has stated his preference for Barca) plus BVB doesnt want to sell him

Practically every player finds Madrid and Barca more appealing but we've got to try and convince some of the best players to come here. I mean Pogba's first choice could possibly have been Madrid or Barca but neither chose to match the transfer fees that we were willing to pay. However, we brought him back. Secondly, we've got a young french speaking contingent at OT with Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Bailly and we've got a very healthy and joking sort of spirit within the team. He's young and would fit in right away. And we've been crying for a winger looking at Perisic, Bale when we could go for someone who will break records. It would be absolutely foolish if we didn't try to get him.

If you're spending a fortune on a player it can't be one who has a questionable injury record. If things went bad he'd be taking up huge wages and would be difficult to move on.

Bale would be a no brainer if not for the injuries. Seems he hasn't played more than 30 fixtures in over 2 years.

Naa you are at it again.

Ah you've lost it mate.

He hasn't played 140 games in the same period Bale has been at Madrid. That's indisputable fact.

You're too stupid to debate with. The point is mentioning other competitions has no correlation to league appearances. Have a good evening.

Rumour is they would sell him only with De Gea going the other way. Sorry, but no thank you. Bale is injury prone as it is and seeing De Gea go the other way isn't worth it to me. He'll be needed more than ever this season. Has to be other wingers available, Dembele as one I see on here. I like the idea of playing a winger on one flank and more of a central player cutting in on the other

Based on what? I can't see there being much teams who actually want him considering his price tag will be incredible, and his injury record over the past 2 seasons does not look good. Liverpool may be one of the few teams in England who can still afford his wage and transfer price, who will genuinely want him, Chelsea also though.
there are about 4 teams in the premier league alone that have more of a chance of signing Bale then Liverpool. And then there are other European giants that are bigger then pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.