Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we are again with posters going on about transfer fee's. For the record, I think the people that don't want Bale, full stop, are nuts considering how badly we need, not only a game changer, but somebody who can put a fecking cross in for starters.

He can't do that when he hardly plays and he was a gamechanger he is certainly not anymore

Here we are again with posters going on about transfer fee's. For the record, I think the people that don't want Bale, full stop, are nuts considering how badly we need, not only a game changer, but somebody who can put a fecking cross in for starters.

Tbf it's not really the transfer fee that's the issue here but rather the transfer fee + the fact that he's got weaker hamstrings than Stephen Hawking.

Sorry, too 2012 for me.

Injury prone and super expensive.

dd-composite-bale.jpg

His stats in 2015/2016 are better than in 2014/2015 despite playing 1710 minutes less. Some decline.

The Star (oh so well respected) and the Express (even better, not) have put two and two together and come up with a bag of onions: we are going to get Bale! As if Madrid can't afford Mpabbe without selling anyone. When will this one just go away?

The Star (oh so well respected) and the Express have put two and two together and come up with a bag of onions: we are going to get Bale! When will this one just go away?

Bale actually makes sense though.

Even if he has a few injuries, would you not rather have him start 20 games a season instead of Lingard?

Even if he has a few injuries, would you not rather have him start 20 games a season instead of Lingard?
I'd rather have me than Lingaard - and let's just say my 40th birthday was a long, long time ago! But to be honest I am aBale fan

Bale plays RW for Real and #10 for Wales. He wants to play off the striker as a free role #10, he's been pretty vocal about it. He's not gonna come here to play LW like he last did in a Spurs shirt. He doesn't want to come here AND he doesn't want to play LW.

So talking about his crosses is a bit "out there". That's not been his game for near on 5 years. He's not a Perisic alternative.

Bale plays RW for Real and #10 for Wales. He wants to play off the striker as a free role #10, he's been pretty vocal about it. He's not gonna come here to play LW like he last did in a Spurs shirt. He doesn't want to come here AND he doesn't want to play LW.

So talking about his crosses is a bit "out there". That's not been his game for near on 5 years. He's not a Perisic alternative.

Exactly. Bale would be as a no.10/SS - a position we're well stocked in with Martial, Rashford, Micky, Mata and Lingard.

Buying him over someone else and him being injured all the time and not helping us, instead of buying the other said player. Not because of the price tag.

The thing is though, I'm worried about Bale too but let's be objective about this.

When you have a medical with a player, they look at everything, including past injuries, they know the risks with a player. They also test for them.

This clip shows a bit about medicals:

United would know the risk before they sign him.

You'll get players who they sign thinking "ok we know you have a knee problem, and we can see it on scans too", so maybe the coaching team thinks... maybe we can give this player a different routine each training session to alleviate/mitigate that risk.

Is the injury related to Bale "bulking up" to be stronger, and his joints are under a lot of stress? maybe the coaching staff will make him lose a few KG, maybe they'll introduce more strength and balancing oriented training, plus slightly more rest between sessions to give his body more risk.

Maybe his diet will be changed slightly to help too.

He's a risk, but there'll be some pattern of WHY he's getting injured too.

If Barca get Coutinho for £100m then won't that put Liverpool in a position to go for Bale?
They clearly have the cash considering the offers that are being reported for Van Dijk and Keita.

Robin Van Persie says hello.

Hey I'm not dissing it but he will probably cost 5 times the amount of RVP so I guess it comes down to is it worth it for that price. My answer is yes it is by the way as IMO the first title we win (in under the next 3 seasons) after Fergie is priceless.

If Barca get Coutinho for £100m then won't that put Liverpool in a position to go for Bale?
They clearly have the cash considering the offers that are being reported for Van Dijk and Keita.
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Bale won't ever join Liverpool mate

Before RVP joined us he played nearly everything (not just games, minutes) he could for Arsenal, amounting to 4100 minutes. Bayol didn't manage even half of that last season, ditto the season before. Then RVP managed to play nearly the same amount of time for us but the season later, the Moyes season, he only managed 2000 minutes and, iirc, even though his goals per minute didn't differ much in the SAF's last season and the Moyes season, most people regard him as a flop from that season, probably given that he managed to play only half amount the time he did before.

It would be pretty much the same with Bale. People can delude themselves saying that 'if he played even in 20 games he would still win us blablabla' but that would be simply a shit business for us. Now mind you that I didn't even mention any financially-related negatives such as huge fee and enormous wages. It's purely his fitness doubts we're talking here.

Van Persie who was fully fit and at the peak of his powers for a good 20 months before he joined United? Also Van Persie who spent his last 2 seasons injured all the time anyway?

Buying him over someone else and him being injured all the time and not helping us, instead of buying the other said player. Not because of the price tag.
Paying an extortionate amount of money for someone who has been underwhelming for the last 4 years is a big risk. He has missed way too many games to justify the financial out lay on him. And if he comes here and fails, it's gonna cost us dear in future transfer windows.

Rather go all out for Ousmane Dembele who is more exciting to watch and will cost less over the duration of his contract.

if Bale doesnt want to come to OT then he sure as feck isnt going to want to play at Liverpool, that is just a massive step down in every department

People talking about Bale being a risk, whilst offering up Perisic or nobody as an alternative must be crazy. Gareth Bale. I'd have him at United in a heartbeat, he is the exact type of top grade player who we lack when trying to finish off teams who are trying to defend against us and also being a genuine goal threat against bigger sides. Each of the top sides has a game changer amongst them, not necessarily a striker but a lethal winger who regularly impacts. Arsenal: Sanchez, Chelsea: Hazard, City: Take your pick, Liverpool: Coutinho. If Bale is interested, it's really a no brainer, turns us into genuine title contenders instantly.

Yeah nevermind that he always says he's fecking happy at Madrid and wishes not to go, if he goes it's only because Flo wants a new toy and Bale would only come here for the same reason Angel 'Rat' di Maria.

People talking about Bale being a risk, whilst offering up Perisic or nobody as an alternative must be crazy. Gareth Bale. I'd have him at United in a heartbeat, he is the exact type of top grade player who we lack when trying to finish off teams who are trying to defend against us and also being a genuine goal threat against bigger sides. Each of the top sides has a game changer amongst them, not necessarily a striker but a lethal winger who regularly impacts. Arsenal: Sanchez, Chelsea: Hazard, City: Take your pick, Liverpool: Coutinho. If Bale is interested, it's really a no brainer, turns us into genuine title contenders instantly.

Yeah nevermind that he always says he's fecking happy at Madrid and wishes not to go, if he goes it's only because Flo wants a new toy and Bale would only come here for the same reason Angel 'Rat' di Maria.

As risky as it will be, Id take the risk and I suspect Ed would as well... Bale is the gamechanger who could lead us to the title. We just dont have a player like him in the squad at the moment.

I cant see him being a little bitch like Di Maria, hes played in the EPL before.

As risky as it will be, Id take the risk and I suspect Ed would as well... Bale is the gamechanger who could lead us to the title. We just dont have a player like him in the squad at the moment

United will also resign Ibrahimovic in the January window I feel if he's fit enough, Ibra would say yes to win the English title too.

Both could potentially catalyse a title happening.

What I got from this thread is the realisation how amazing it was that we got someone of Van Persie's quality for 20-odd million. That's like the modern version of Cantona for £1.3 million. Unreal signing.

United will also resign Ibrahimovic in the January window I feel if he's fit enough, Ibra would say yes to win the English title too.

How does Lukaku and Ibra fit in the same side? They are both #9's
We need a wide forward/winger type

How does Lukaku and Ibra fit in the same side? They are both #9's
We need a wide forward/winger type

I just see it happening in January, especially if United are still in the CL, I think Ibrahimovic is a good option to turn to.

Scenarios such as late in a game if you are losing and if Ibrahimovic was playing one tournament, the prospect of having Fellaini, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic, Matic, Bailly, Pogba all in the box... versus a more "technical" side that's shorter in height in the CL is a big thing, set pieces from corners would result in a lot of goals.

You also have Pogba pushing higher up with Matic sat back in general play, Mkhitaryan and Rashford running off players, and Bale would inject a lot of pace too into the squad... I think it would be a title winning side.

You also have a winning mentality in the dressing room and belief with Ibrahimovic, he could easily become part of the coaching staff at some point too he's the king of player you want around. I really see Ibra resigning in January, maybe I'm wrong.

Bale having mulled it over a bit would be a good signing, the coaching staff just needs to have specific plans in place for his injury past though.

The idea that Bale is a No 10 is laughable

Somebody better tell Bale that, he seems to think otherwise:

"It's my best position." That is Gareth Bale's assessment of his ability in a central attacking midfield role, having played as a number 10 during pre-season for Real Madrid.

"When I played for Tottenham, I felt I played my best football there and, when I play for Wales, I play there and play my best football. For me, that's my position and it's where I want to play", argues Bale.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...is-gareth-bales-best-position-for-real-madrid

"It's obviously nice to be playing in my preferred position where I was playing at Tottenham and where I do for Wales," Bale told BT Sport.

"It's nice to be involved a bit more in the game rather than being stuck out wide for most of it. Last season I got a bit frustrated out on the wing where I wasn't getting the ball that much."

"I feel like when I get on the ball I can create and i can cause damage to the other team."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...sition-grew-frustrated-stuck-wing-season.html

Article tracking his evolution into a central attacking player:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-made-him-real-madrids-most-complete-forward

They will also have the money to go for Griezmann and Dembele. It doesnt mean WC players wanna move there. When was the last time they won A trophy?

if Bale doesnt want to come to OT then he sure as feck isnt going to want to play at Liverpool, that is just a massive step down in every department

Money talks and if Real make it clear he's not wanted why not Liverpool? It seems obvious he'd choose United over any other English club, but them we are on a United forum...
Point is that he's unlikely to be stuck with only one option and neither are Real so the idea we can get a cut price deal or some sort of appearance-linked caveats on the fee is unrealistic.

The Star (oh so well respected) and the Express (even better, not) have put two and two together and come up with a bag of onions: we are going to get Bale! As if Madrid can't afford Mpabbe without selling anyone. When will this one just go away?

I'm not sure Madrid can afford Mbappe without selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.