Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perisic will not be responsible for 20 extra point imo. 20 eatra than Bale? Do you actually mean that?
Yea I do

Do you really expect a guy who doesn't play as often to help earn more points than a guy who plays week in week out?

Yea I do

Do you really expect a guy who doesn't play as often to help earn more points than a guy who plays week in week out?
So let me get this right? You said Bale would be responsible for 12 points, and perisic an extra 20 points. So Perisic alone will be responsible for 32 points a season? Who did PSG just buy for 222m? :lol: Seems like they got the wrong player.

If we end up with Bale as some sort of Woody trophy buy it will really take the gloss of a successful transfer period.

it's a high risk strategy to buy Bale and Madrid will ensure we gain no value. A loan deal I could stomach but I would prefer us to go for a high risk strategy involving a young player rather than another Falcao type situation.

You saying a winger who can beat a man to create enough space to try and pick out Lukaku in the box couldnt give us 7 assists which might give us 20/21 points?
I'm not saying that mate, no. I'm saying Perisic wouldn't be responsible for 20 extra points a season than Bale.

You saying a winger who can beat a man to create enough space to try and pick out Lukaku in the box couldnt give us 7 assists which might give us 20/21 points?
You have also got to count those assist as winning goals. A lot of of those goals might be in a game where we score a few.

Have you watched us lately?

I watch us every match, but I'm really not sure what that has got to do with my actual point that Perisic won't be responsible for 20 more points a season than Bale. Do you?

I watch us every match, but I'm really not sure what that has got to do with my actual point that Perisic won't be responsible for 20 more points a season than Bale. Do you?
It was the idea that we score more than one goal in a match that I was asking about not the points difference between Bale and Perisic and it was meant as a joke. Sorry that wasn't more obvious.
I don't think that perisic will get us more points after all over the past 4 seasons Perisic has scored 39 goals while Bale has scored 67. That extra 28 goals might gain us a few points.

I'm not saying that mate, no. I'm saying Perisic wouldn't be responsible for 20 extra points a season than Bale.

Points are earned by better tactics too not necesarily by better players. We need to create more space in the final Third and we'l get more goals. Our defense and midfeild is strong enough not to give away chances and conceed very few goals and chances which showed in 25 unbeaten games and only ended when we rested players for uel game.

Hope the club use some common sense and look the other way.

No need to worry, José and the club already have.

Common sense just isn't so common for some anymore :nervous:

I'd ride our luck with Bale's injury problems over Perisic without a second thought. One is an exceptional player and a game winner, the other one is... Ivan Perisic :wenger:

Except this is a made up scenario by you and not the fact of the matter. It's you either use the Griezmann money on Griezmann or someone else. Using it on Bale would be completely idiotic. Griezmann is 2 years younger, the better player, in better form, on the rise, and a top10 player something which Bale no longer is and in all likelihood will never be again.

You and others say Bale over Perisic as if both will cost the same amount which is absolutely just not the case lol. If that's the case I prefer Dembele over Perisic, getter' done Woody! ...too many trigger happy fans who think United can sign everyone and anyone. Not to sound like a dick but there's this thing called a budget..

Yeah that was my point, Bale is still top 10 footballers easily and people are against us signing him despite him being world class it's really weird, that team looks so much better with bale in it, right now i don't think we will win the league but I think we definitely could win the league if that was our starting 11

:wenger: :lol::lol:

Bale has played 150 games for Real in the last 4 years. Perisic has played 118 in the same time period.
Get the feck outa here with them numbers. Choosing all Bales games and trimming Perisic's? Yea right!

My stats.... I chose league games mainly as its directly comparable. But lets expand seeing as thats where your headding with it.

..........13/14..... 14/15...... 15/16..... 16/17
Bale: P 44/60; P 48/59; P 31/52; P 27/60 = 150/231, 65%
Perisic:P 38/39; P 38/52; P 41/44; P 42/46 = 159/181, 87.8%

"How d'ya like dem apples" Still not bad for only the half price, ya gotta admit!

Last edited:
he's lost that pace now?

He's still got pace but not the same as a few years ago. He relies more heavily on his physical attributes than Rooney and I expect to see a similar decline when they fade.

It all depends on what price we're talking about tbh. If you could get him for 70/80m then i'd be happy enough to get a couple of quality seasons from him but in the current market that seems unlikely.

So let me get this right? You said Bale would be responsible for 12 points, and perisic an extra 20 points. So Perisic alone will be responsible for 32 points a season? Who did PSG just buy for 222m? :lol: Seems like they got the wrong player.
NO i said this...
Because bale may get you an extra 12 points in his 25 games.

Perisic will probably get you 20 extra playing most the season for only half the price.
Thats my words, if you want to jumble them up to try sound funny or intelligent, knock yourself out mate, i'll lose no sleep.

Way I see it is why pay twice the price for someone only to play half the season?

Bale played 100 games for Real thats 25 a season for 4 seasons. In a team hitting 60+ games a season mostly.

Perisic in that time has played 35 a season in teams that do not play as many games, i suppose its fair to say an, everton type - cl quallifier, level sides. Who also missed over two months with a knee injury. Not constant niggles.

But he hasn't, he's played in 161 games for Real Madrid, which means he played more games per season (marginally, and over the previous 4 seasons or so) than Perisic did.

In fact Bale has only one season for Real Madrid where he played in less than 30 matches, which admittedly was last season, but that was 27, the season before he played 31.

I'll give you, that Bale had more chances to play given the relative teams, but it doesn't change the fact that Bale has played at least as much football as Perisic over the last 4 years, and contributed (in terms of goals at least) considerably more in that period.

Last edited:
He would have to sign for us against his will, He's extremely injury prone, would break our transfer record despite being 28 and he will blow our wage structure wide open. Not interested unless Real Madrid offers him for 60m or less.

Is Bale really this underrated on the caf? Or is it the classic case of 'Everyone we buy is shit' ?

I can only imagine the meltdown if he goes to Chelsea - He'll be viewed as world class again.... :wenger:

fecking Perisic over Bale.... :lol: - When we were first linked to Perisic, there was outrage then as well.

I'm split on him. I think he's a matchwinner and could lead us to possible titles for the next 4ish years. His injury record is scary though. He's the last possible "superstar" that may be on the market for us, so I'd rather sign him than not. Plus it's not like we're in a state where we're relying on him to be competitive. I think our squad (if we can get a LB/Shaw doesn't suck or get injured again when he returns) is pretty good.

He would have to sign for us against his will, He's extremely injury prone, would break our transfer record despite being 28 and he will blow our wage structure wide open. Not interested unless Real Madrid offers him for 60m or less.
Wage structure? We don't have a wage structure. We were paying Rooney like 3x his actual worth.

Genuine question, were all those games missed due to his injuries, or did he miss some because Real Madrid have one of the best squads in the world?

Certainly not denying he missed a chunk to injury, but how often was he available and not used due to other options?
He's their second highest paid player, when he's fit he's in the squad.

In terms of ability theres no comparison between a fit Bale and Perisic there just isnt. One of them is used to be in the top 10 players in the world the other is barely in the top 10 players in Seria A.

Problem with Bale is purely his price and injury record with emphasis on the price for me.

He's their second highest paid player, when he's fit he's in the squad.

Is that actually true though?

In those first couple of seasons I'd have accepted that as fact, but the rise of Isco, Benzema etc could say otherwise.

Rather than a throw away cliché about wages guaranteeing game time, does anyone actually know that he played whenever available, or was he dropped occasionally due to the plethora of stars Real Madrid have (the CL final comes to mind, was fit, didn't play)?

This reminds me a lot of when I was in the market for a used BMW.

I got the BMW... no regrets so far...

Very relatable as we all know you can change the human parts that show wear and tear.
I'm currently going through my 3rd dick. Overmasterbation you see.

No need to worry, José and the club already have.

Common sense just isn't so common for some anymore :nervous:

Except this is a made up scenario by you and not the fact of the matter. It's you either use the Griezmann money on Griezmann or someone else. Using it on Bale would be completely idiotic. Griezmann is 2 years younger, the better player, in better form, on the rise, and a top10 player something which Bale no longer is and in all likelihood will never be again.

You and others say Bale over Perisic as if both will cost the same amount which is absolutely just not the case lol. If that's the case I prefer Dembele over Perisic, getter' done Woody! ...too many trigger happy fans who think United can sign everyone and anyone. Not to sound like a dick but there's this thing called a budget..

:wenger: :lol::lol:
We could easily sign bale now and griezman next summer, why limit it to one when we can afford both

There is a reason we arent in for Mbappe and that is we dont think he wants to come to us. Under mourinho we have made sure the players we go for are more than willing to come to us.He dreams of Madrid and playing with cristiano and that is where we see him playing soon.
The reason we are so willing to go for bale is, if he comes to the prem we will be his number one option and we know that. I think it couldvery possibly be the reason we have cooled interest in perisic(available at 48 million). We will see how this pans out before making the next move.

Paying 70-90m for a 28 year old injury prone player is not a risk worth taking. Madrid are trying to get rid of him while Bale doesn't want to leave. For 50m, perhaps I could digest that deal.

Is Bale really this underrated on the caf? Or is it the classic case of 'Everyone we buy is shit' ?

I can only imagine the meltdown if he goes to Chelsea - He'll be viewed as world class again.... :wenger:

fecking Perisic over Bale.... :lol: - When we were first linked to Perisic, there was outrage then as well.
This. Please tell me that people don't really favour signing Perisic over Bale! The former says "let's try and get top four" while the latter says "sod it, let's go for the title". Sure, Perisic might be a less risky, cheaper signing but it's not your money, surely as fans you want to be watching the sensational Bale rather than a workman like Perisic? I don't get it.

This. Please tell me that people don't really favour signing Perisic over Bale! The former says "let's try and get top four" while the latter says "sod it, let's go for the title". Sure, Perisic might be a less risky, cheaper signing but it's not your money, surely as fans you want to be watching the sensational Bale rather than a workman like Perisic? I don't get it.

Neither of them. We should be going for Dembele instead whose destined to be a superstar.

No one's doubting his quality, it's the injury history that's raising questions for some.

Do not want the chimp after he turned us down before and obviously only ever wanted madrid. He would see us as a step down.

As far as I can see here we have a forum where Fellaini is seen as the ideal squad player plan b and all round wonderful professional by many yet Gareth Bale who will provide width pace a wonderful left foot and a bit of world class ability is derided.

If we can keep him fit and yes it is a big if, this signing is a no brainer and will start to reverse the mediocrity of the woodward era. Signing a perisic will for me just continue the mediocrity in line with retaining the Fellainis of this world.

Do not want the chimp after he turned us down before and obviously only ever wanted madrid. He would see us as a step down.
Saves us money from not needing an eye check up in the medical then. Working fine. :p

Well the caf comprises of many people with different views. Some prefer Bale over Perisic, some prefer Perisic and some keep explaining that they are different players (Bale a #10/SS.. maybe a RW while Perisic is a LW) and if we're gonna go after a #10/SS might as well go for Griezmann when he becomes available for 100m again.

As for the Caf's reaction if Chelsea signed him, it's highly irrelevant. Football forums always react with dismay when opponents sign high profile players. Yet as the case of Torres and Schevchenko has proven, it doesn't matter one jot.

This place is hilarious at times - the guy's gonna add to us or Chelsea and the money is irrelevant in this crazy market so just pay it and be done.

If we have to watch him and Hazard ripping it up in West London next season knowing we could have got him …

Status
Not open for further replies.