Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see this happening myself and hope it doesn't. We should think back to Di Maria and Falcao both brilliant player on their day,you could say unstoppable.

But one didn't want to come and the other was injury prone, and look how that turned out.

Bale doesn't want to come and is injury prone so i see no sense in signing him.

Against the defensive teams when we are playing the 3-5-2 that we've been trialling, Bale in the place of Mhki as the attacker playing off of Lukaku would be difficult for teams to keep out.

--------------Lukaku-----------
---------Bale--------------------
----------------------------------
-----Pogba-------(Herrera)-----
(Darmian)--Matic------Valencia
---(Blind)-(Smalling)--Bailly---
------------de Gea--------------

In a free role -he can play as a wide man, a number 10 or forward with another central striker effectively- and this theoretically would suit a partnership with Lukaku perfectly. Against teams that sit deep we would have a long range goal threat and a decent enough crosser, a physical outlet against the high press and a counter attacking threat as well if the opponents are going all out attack. Obviously the questions with him are related to his fitness and physical wellness, as well as a serious downturn in his productivity- otherwise there is no way Madrid would sell him- even for a new toy.

It doesn't matter where RM play him - he's comfortable playing anywhere across the attacking positions, even up front.

He can even play left back. I'm not sure he'd oblige if you ask him though. He's been pretty vocal about being a 10.

He's already not keen to leave Madrid and has a contract until 2021. Chances of him wanting to come here to play as a left winger must be very very low.

In fairness to Bale, he's played in 146 games in 4 seasons. That is over 36 games a season since moving to Real Madrid.

For comparison Perisic had played in 161 in 4 1/2 seasons (more of those being as a sub), that is a little less than 36 a season
Bale played 100 games for Real thats 25 a season for 4 seasons. In a team hitting 60+ games a season mostly.

Perisic in that time has played 35 a season in teams that do not play as many games, i suppose its fair to say an, everton type - cl quallifier, level sides. Who also missed over two months with a knee injury. Not constant niggles.

Bale played 100 games for Real thats 25 a season for 4 seasons. In a team hitting 60+ games a season mostly.

Perisic in that time has played 35 a season in teams that do not play as many games, i suppose its fair to say an, everton type - cl quallifier, level sides. Who also missed over two months with a knee injury. Not constant niggles.
Yeah but, one is Bale and the other is Perisic. Why are we even comparing the two players?

Some injuries here and there might help us keep more players happy with playing time. Depending on the price Bale could be used in key games to get us over the line. He's done that for Madrid against Atletico and City in the Champions League.

Problem might be that United don't have the best reputation for staying injury free in general. I fear he could get worse under us.

He's not really a left winger is he, I mean he can play the role but what Jose asked Martial to do last season, sticking wide left for 90% of the time would be a waste of Bales talent.
Ironically he'd enjoy the freedom Mourinho gives our right side much more.

Anyway, i've said this 20x already but his injury record is very concerning.
I know we're all desperate for a top attacker to elevate our game but we still need to be smart about how we go about it.

Everytime I've sat down to watch Madrid the past two years, it's been either Bales not played due to injury or he's just come back.
Need to properly balance the potential negatives of what we could be getting for the money and not just jump at the chance; 'Cos we're desperate.

Martial on left and Bale on the right with Valencia and Shaw overlap, would sh** up defences all over Europe.

Hope the club use some common sense and look the other way.

Wasn't Ryan Giggs written off/in decline at one point for us due to injuries? Granted, Giggs was probably more adaptable/talented in aspects than Bale. Also didnt Robben have injury problems at some point? He overcame them and still remained quality and fast.

Bale shouldn't turn into a Rooney imo, he is seemingly dedicated to his fitness and physique, despite injuries, if/when he recovers, he still is/should be a quality player to have, even if his pace decreases.

I can take or leave Bale, just not happy with the possible fee and wage for the uncertainty, but there is uncertainty involved with every transfer.

Last edited:
Yeah but, one is Bale and the other is Perisic. Why are we even comparing the two players?
Because bale may get you an extra 12 points in his 25 games.

Perisic will probably get you 20 extra playing most the season for only half the price.

Martial on left and Bale on the right with Valencia and Shaw overlap, would sh** up defences all over Europe.

You've even got a Shaw on form there, as well as Bale. That was an optimism switch from a half full glass to "I got an Olympic sized swimming pool in the back, whatchya gonna do about it".

What on earth does that have to do with Bale?
People overhyped RVP's injury record aswell and the signing worked out brilliantly for us. How does Bale go from "unsellable" to "injury prone crock" in the space of one injury?

Typical media over exaggerating everything. Sturridge is injury prone. Bale... not so much.

Says who? RVP was barely ever injured with us.

Did Van Persie just play the one year here? because his other 2 had him playing 21 and 27 PL games.
Also, Van Persie had just completed a season at Arsenal as an ever present, showing he could handle that many games, Bales the exact opposite currently coming off 2 seasons of injury after injury with no end in sight.

Last edited:
I'd ride our luck with Bale's injury problems over Perisic without a second thought. One is an exceptional player and a game winner, the other one is... Ivan Perisic :wenger:

People overhyped RVP's injury record aswell and the signing worked out brilliantly for us. How does Bale go from "unsellable" to "injury prone crock" in the space of one injury?

Typical media over exaggerating everything. Sturridge is injury prone. Bale... not so much.
You made this exact same point a few days ago, had a bunch of people reply pointing out his actual injury record, went silent and now come back repeating the same guff.

What are you looking for exactly?

Bale has missed 50% of Madrid's games over the last two seasons, but we should spend more than we've ever spent on a player to bring him here. Genius.

Because bale may get you an extra 12 points in his 25 games.

Perisic will probably get you 20 extra playing most the season for only half the price.
Perisic will not be responsible for 20 extra point imo. 20 eatra than Bale? Do you actually mean that?

You made this exact same point a few days ago, had a bunch of people reply pointing out his actual injury record, went silent and now come back repeating the same guff.

What are you looking for exactly?

Bale has missed 50% of Madrid's games over the last two seasons, but we should spend more than we've ever spent on a player to bring him here. Genius.

See you in a few days @Jaybomb

Bale has played 150 games for Real in the last 4 years. Perisic has played 118 in the same time period.

Bale's ability was always going to go off a cliff once he lost his explosive pace. He's turning a corner and we should stay away.

I think he gets rushed back too soon at Madrid. He clearly wasn't fit for Classico and still played (if memory serves correctly). If managed well, I think he can still be a great signing for us. Not that it's really going to happen ofcourse.

Buy bale and perisic

The former plays behind lukaku and the latter plays wide left. Simples
Valencia and perisic wing backs with bale behind lukaku would make a lot of sense. Surely we cant buy both without selling first though which for us always seems to take forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.