Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're the type of fan who loses sleep over your clubs transfer fees and salaries, it's surely better to have him than not. Even if he does continue his track record of injuries, I'd prefer him over Perisic.

That makes 0 sense. If he continues his current injury record he would not be fit for more than half our games. Not only should you prefer Perisic over that, you should even prefer signing no one over that.

Last thing we want is another Rooney situation where a high profile, high salary player is on the sidelines every week with the reporters asking the same questions about him over and over.

Unless you're the type of fan who loses sleep over your clubs transfer fees and salaries, it's surely better to have him than not. Even if he does continue his track record of injuries, I'd prefer him over Perisic.

I prefer a player on the pitch over one on the bench.

You'll care when he is injurred can't play and is costing us alot of money

You will get a player like Rooney his last three seasons with us instead

I couldn't careless about paying him money when injured he could also score some vital goals when he does play for us, Bale still outscored everyone in our team last season bar Ibra despite playing half the games of most our attackers.

I couldn't careless about paying him money when injured he could also score some vital goals when he does play for us, Bale still outscored everyone in our team last season bar Ibra despite playing half the games of most our attackers.

Griezman> bale. And we should spend on him next summer or even next window.

I see a lot of fuss from Spain with the desire to offload Bale but nothing from United outside of the Perisic talk going quiet. Moreover, Jose seemed to dismiss any possibility pretty explicitly himself. So is there something new?

Any deal would have to be heavy on the add ons.

Something like £50m up front, and then £20-30m add ons relating to number of appearances over the next 3 seasons.

Any deal would have to be heavy on the add ons.

Something like £50m up front, and then £20-30m add ons relating to number of appearances over the next 3 seasons.

That's a sensible suggestion. Not sure if Real Madrid would go for it, but it's worth a shot.

I see a lot of fuss from Spain with the desire to offload Bale but nothing from United outside of the Perisic talk going quiet. Moreover, Jose seemed to dismiss any possibility pretty explicitly himself. So is there something new?

Every deal we've done this summer as been done in quiet, Lindelof despite heavy links in January came a bit out of the blue, Lukaku was a done deal to Chelsea until it wasn't and the links to Matic had gone quiet until he was suddenly having a medical. We could just as easy be finalising Perisic to sorting a deal for Bale to doing sweet FA, no one knows

I wouldn't want him off of some pretty common sense things:

1. Any fee paid to purchase Bale means Madrid will flip directly to get Mbappe or someone of those likes.

2. Bale is injury prone and 28. Much rather we just get Griezmann once January/Summer hits. Much greater form, 2 years younger + far more reliable in terms of availability.

3. RM always take the piss out of us anyways. Even if let's say we were honestly pursuing Bale, they'd make it anything but easy on us and have us pay some ridiculous fee around the £100M ballpark. They can frack right off with that as Bale is arguably worth £50 realistically all things considered. Much rather we have nothing to do with this and they get another club to buy him at a much more down to earth cost, similar to what happened with Morata due to us double whammying them and Chelsea :lol:

That's a sensible suggestion. Not sure if Real Madrid would go for it, but it's worth a shot.

Do people forget this easily how RM operate with United when it comes to buying their players? Lol. Anything but sensible.

...Not interested 1 bit just off the fact RM will play hardball and take the piss.

From October 2013 Bale didn't miss a single Wales game up until recently when he got a suspension to miss the Serbia game 2 months ago. He plays every Wales game likes it's a world cup final and that has got to take it's toll with all the games he has played for Madrid at the same time also. People talk about how many games he has missed for Real but he is an ever present for Wales and that has probably pissed Madrid and Perez off a little.

Could be that he is pushing himself too hard at Madrid with the added pressure that comes with playing there leading to niggles and injuries. At Utd it's possible he could be a little more relaxed and clever about how he prepares and trains. He was never injured at Spurs but very possibly Ed and the Glazers see Bale as being too expensive considering his injury record and being 28.

Don't care about his injuries.

He's top quality and a game changer. I'd love him here.

Me neither, exactly the same was said about RVP, and we know how that turned out. Always makes me laugh when i hear those constantly moaning for higher quality players, yet when we do get linked with them, they still manage to find something negative to whine about. Zlatan was another, too old, too slow, hampering the progress of youngsters etc. How many of those doubters would still be against signing him for another year i wonder?

I don't think some people stop to consider what effect having a player like that has on the minds of the opposition. Our current forward line of Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, obviously has huge potential, but they lack experience. Yet,, should we add Bale to that mix (and hopefully Zlatan too at some point) and those attacking options are now just scaring the shit out of anybody's defence. I don't care who they are, any team would fear the physical power, blistering pace, and just the general goal threat and match winning capacity within those 5.

--------------Matic------------

-----Pogba---------Herrera-----

-Rashford/Mki-----------------Martial/Bale--

----------------Lukaku/Zlatan-----------

Bale to United in 3 2
Me neither, exactly the same was said about RVP, and we know how that turned out. Always makes me laugh when i hear those constantly moaning for higher quality players, yet when we do get linked with them, they still manage to find something negative to whine about. Zlatan was another, too old, too slow, hampering the progress of youngsters etc. How many of those doubters would still be against signing him for another year i wonder?

I don't think some people stop to consider what effect having a player like that has on the minds of the opposition. Our current forward line of Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, obviously has huge potential, but they lack experience. Yet,, should we add Bale to that mix (and hopefully Zlatan too at some point) and those attacking options are now just scaring the shit out of anybody's defence. I don't care who they are, any team would fear the physical power, blistering pace, and just the general goal threat and match winning capacity within those 5.

That looks pretty damn good

We should go all out for him.

Footballs gone mad and I think there's a realistic chance we could get him. Plus he could play in his favoured left sided position for us. He's more effective on that side.

RVP and Ibra were both class and exceptions. Bale is not the same case as them, he's deteriorating pretty alarmingly.

Higher quality players? Griezmann is of higher quality, the more sensible of the 2, and a top10 player in the world - something which Bale is no longer and won't ever be again barring a miracle ...no one is against higher quality players; it'd just be plain stupid for United to choose Bale over Griezmann at this point in time.

Don't feckin sign this crock for 100 million. 60-70 million is worth a gamble. Dont want to help scummy real madrid either.

Shall we have a 'Would you Sign Bale' poll?

...or Bale vs Perisic poll?

Shall we have a 'Would you Sign Bale' poll?

...or Bale vs Perisic poll?
The poll would be pretty pointless without the specifics of the deal wouldn't it? Many people would give Bale a go for 40m for example but we don't know what RMs asking price would be. It could be 140 instead of 40 making the risk obscene.

Aye let's persist with Jesse Lingard again

100 million to have Bale break down 3 times a season and miss half the season. We have to question how much the injuries are affecting him as a player as well. He could be done in 2 years.

I think his point is we may have to persist with Jesse even if we sign him. You know, crock?

Exactly.

I always thought Bale was a RW or best through the middle. Does he play from the left now?

Yeah that was my point, Bale is still top 10 footballers easily and people are against us signing him despite him being world class it's really weird, that team looks so much better with bale in it, right now i don't think we will win the league but I think we definitely could win the league if that was our starting 11

We should go all out for him.

Footballs gone mad and I think there's a realistic chance we could get him. Plus he could play in his favoured left sided position for us. He's more effective on that side.
Yea let's spend £100m on a player who will only play half our games.

It doesn't matter where RM play him - he's comfortable playing anywhere across the attacking positions, even up front.

I could see Bale playing that floater role with the licence to roam from the RW.

Why am I dragging myself into this?:lol:

I think that if we did sign him that a large portion of the fee would be add-ons based on the number of games he plays for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.