Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
If him coming here helps Madrid land Mbappe and then Barca lands Dembele or Dybala, that's even more reason to stay away.

Not a change, Madrid value both players over Bale. If Bale wasn't the third most expensive player of all time, they'd start over him.

So its an idication that we should stay away from disaster.

All this chatter about Madrid having a verbal agreement with Mbappe, and Zidane wanting one of the BBC to leave first, is a trap. Bale has not played well, and may still be ways away from fully recovering, if at all.

Let them get Mbappe first (they're going to have to put the pedal to the metal before Barca beats them to him), and use their desperation as leverage. I wouldn't mind buying him, but not at the price Real alleges his worth to be at.

Otherwise, let them eat those horrible wages, and go for somebody else that may fill in Bale's potential impact, just as good as he would.

Real must think we are mugs if we pay anything more than £40m for a crock!

He's already turned us down about 5 times and is turning into an absolute crock. No thanks.

If him coming here helps Madrid land Mbappe and then Barca lands Dembele or Dybala, that's even more reason to stay away.
If we dont sign him chelsea might, We need to do whats best for us and not think too much about what other clubs are doing. If we get him we instantly add a world class player and raise our team to a level above instantly. I hope we get him. I dont care about the money as its better to sign bale than that money lying in the bank or worse in glazers pocket.

How the mighty has fallen. This time last year after the Euros people on here would have sucked off a hundred randy baboons to get Bale.

Spurs should exercise their first option. They need a player in that position and they haven't spent anything this summer.

Could push them to the title.

Yep, can just imagine them matching, or bettering his wages. Not.

I wouldn't pay more than £65m for him. He might be world class but his injury record is scary. Also, he doesn't look like he fancies United. I saw an interview conducted five days after we signed Lukaku and in it he says he learnt about the signing that morning. Like REALLY??

We should only sign him if he is prepared to play left wing as I'd take him over Perisic all day if for a reasonable £50-60m. As we're probably about to pay £40m on Perisic anyway.

If we dont sign him chelsea might, We need to do whats best for us and not think too much about what other clubs are doing. If we get him we instantly add a world class player and raise our team to a level above instantly. I hope we get him. I dont care about the money as its better to sign bale than that money lying in the bank or worse in glazers pocket.

I think what he meant was that we should consider signing Mbappe and Dembele first before settling for Bale. Bale's on the decline anyways. And his injury prone nature isn't helping his case either.

I think what he meant was that we should consider signing Mbappe and Dembele first before settling for Bale. Bale's on the decline anyways. And his injury prone nature isn't helping his case either.
There is a reason we arent in for Mbappe and that is we dont think he wants to come to us. Under mourinho we have made sure the players we go for are more than willing to come to us.He dreams of Madrid and playing with cristiano and that is where we see him playing soon.
The reason we are so willing to go for bale is, if he comes to the prem we will be his number one option and we know that. I think it couldvery possibly be the reason we have cooled interest in perisic(available at 48 million). We will see how this pans out before making the next move.

His wages are the problem, not the transfer fee. It would be an absolutely massive financial commitment from the club.

So would Neymar; and Mourinho seemed to think that was okay. I'm sure we would manage the £350 a week minus Zlatan.

But he just comes off as a knob. He had his chance to be a United legend similar to Giggs but chose a club that doesn't give too hoots about you.

How much is he on ? 400k/Week after tax?

~£350k after tax, until 2022 I think.

So would Neymar; and Mourinho seemed to think that was okay. I'm sure we would manage the £350 a week minus Zlatan.

Neymar is a) a better player, b) 3 years younger, c) a bigger star, d) not a crock.

We could manage it, but it would be a massive risk given Bale's injury record.

~£350k after tax, until 2022 I think.

Neymar is a) a better player, b) 3 years younger, c) a bigger star, d) not a crock.

We could manage it, but it would be a massive risk given Bale's injury record.

I know he is but Bale isn't costing £200m. I still think he's worth the risk he has proved he can lift an average side

What is his most common injury? If muscle related, perhaps he needs to chill on the weights. Looks like he bulked up when he arrived at RM. Probably trying to be like CR.

He played on the left at Spurs but switched to the right at RM due to CR right?
My Doctor friend suggested weights are good for injuries and they were advised for me as part of physio. Maybe he does a lot of sprinting or something?

There is a reason we arent in for Mbappe and that is we dont think he wants to come to us. Under mourinho we have made sure the players we go for are more than willing to come to us.He dreams of Madrid and playing with cristiano and that is where we see him playing soon.
The reason we are so willing to go for bale is, if he comes to the prem we will be his number one option and we know that. I think it couldvery possibly be the reason we have cooled interest in perisic(available at 48 million). We will see how this pans out before making the next move.

Agreed, why else would we have cooled our interest in perisic (who Jose considers the last piece of the puzzle) when we could have him for 10m more?

I get the impression that Real Madrid is quite eager to get rid of Gareth Bale. Its almost like they are desperate, but trying to play it cool (but with little success). I think they will but bigger and bigger pressure on him the following month.

Its never a good sign when a club wants to get rid of a player. Ferguson tried doing us one last favour with Rooney, and what a favour it would have been.

That being said, it could make it possible to get quite a good deal. Loan with option to buy for instance (ref James to Bayern).

Agreed, why else would we have cooled our interest in perisic (who Jose considers the last piece of the puzzle) when we could have him for 10m more?
If we manage to get him for 50-60m I would say he is a good buy,more then that will have to tell Perez to feck off.

Why not the right?

Just the way Mourinho usually sets up i.e one winger that can tuck in and play centrally like Mata and Mkhitaryan off the right wing and then one out and out winger/attacker on the other. How he did with Di Maria and Ronaldo at Real or Willian and Hazard at Chelsea.

Right side would be better no doubt for Bale but then Jose would probably still want a left winger?

Just the way Mourinho usually sets up i.e one winger that can tuck in and play centrally like Mata and Mkhitaryan off the right wing and then one out and out winger/attacker on the other. How he did with Di Maria and Ronaldo at Real or Willian and Hazard at Chelsea.

Right side would be better no doubt for Bale but then Jose would probably still want a left winger?

I dont know, Bale has always looked better coming off the left or even centrally.
Hes never had the same impact as a RW/RF imo.

I can understand that some of you have concerns about his injury record. But this is a gamble we have to take if the opportunity arises. I reckon he would be immense for us, and short term being very important of getting us back at the top again. He is a wonderful player, that would light up Old Trafford.
So would Sanchez or Griezmann. I know neither of those options are coming but if all three were available, Bale would be my last choice due to his injury record and RM's valuation of him. This is like us going for Neymar the past two seasons. He doesn't want to come to us, end of story. We'd have to throw massive wages at him to convince him otherwise and then it becomes an issue of value, again, due to his injury. In a fantasy world, I'd have him here in an instant, but you can't expect him to all of a sudden be fit if he hasn't managed to be fit the past 4 seasons. It's a huge gamble I don't think we're in a position to take.

I don't care about the wages or money it would take to get him here, I just think we can do better given the cirumstances.
My Doctor friend suggested weights are good for injuries and they were advised for me as part of physio. Maybe he does a lot of sprinting or something?

I've always understood excessive weight training contracts muscle fibers. Training has to be balanced between weights and speed training. The likes of Bale and Ronaldo are obviously being watched closely by their sports physicians so I'm not saying they're doing it wrong but it makes sense to me that bulking up will have a negative affect on someone who wants speed and agility in a sport like football as apposed to someone who wants power for something like hitting a baseball.

Don't care about his injuries.

He's top quality and a game changer. I'd love him here.

Don't care about his injuries.

He's top quality and a game changer. I'd love him here.

Change a lot of games from the medical room can he ? The guy is past his best and a crock how can you not care about an injury prone players injuries ?

People need to stop loving in the past with certain players ..players like Bale who relied mostly on pace are not so keen it once they near thirty and have been injury prone

Spend a fortune on Bale and you won't get the Bale Spurs had in his last couple of seasons or Real had his first season there

You will get a player like Rooney his last three seasons with us instead

Would be a shellshocking decision to sign bale.

You'll care when he is injurred can't play and is costing us alot of money
Unless you're the type of fan who loses sleep over your clubs transfer fees and salaries, it's surely better to have him than not. Even if he does continue his track record of injuries, I'd prefer him over Perisic.

Status
Not open for further replies.