Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have been all for a Bale move in 2014 but no any more. He has many injuries issues at the moment. I'd drop a big offer for Ousmane Dembele. Him on the Right wing would take us to another level.

His injuries are a problem but that's just likely to make him cost £90m as opposed to £180m.

At Real Madrid he's probably always run into the ground to accommodate Ronaldo and Benzema's defensive laziness, at Manchester United we could probably protect him from that somewhat.

His injuries are a problem but that's just likely to make him cost £90m as opposed to £180m.

At Real Madrid he's probably always run into the ground to accommodate Ronaldo and Benzema's defensive laziness, at Manchester United we could probably protect him from that somewhat.

There's one of the BBC who accommodates the other two's laziness. It's not Bale.

Last edited:
Just reading "No hunger in Paradise" by Michael Calvin, it mentions Bale and the fact he only just managed to secure a Scholarship at Southampton by one vote, amazing to think if he didn't get that little bit of luck, he'd now be tweaking his hamstring plumbing in someone's washing machine.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore
Personally I think Martial looks pretty good on our left wing if Jose can persuade him to play there

I am all for this. Don't think that he is a top 10 player, but I think that he is still a world class player, and in this market when you cannot buy even unknown kids like Keita for 80m, and Mbappe costs 180m or so after 6 months of football, 100m for Bale would be a good transfer IMO.

Let's hope it happens.

Whatever it is in the Madrid waters, they need to keep it going. What just happened to Barcelona and Neymar would never be allowed to happen in Madrid. Especially with Perez in charge.

Bale would rather live in uncertainty about his role in the team than move here to be the star man.

Whatever it is in the Madrid waters, they need to keep it going. What just happened to Barcelona and Neymar would never be allowed to happen in Madrid. Especially with Perez in charge.

Bale would rather live in uncertainty about his role in the team than move here to be the star man.

I agree...I get the sense Bale has no wish to move here and would prefer to ride the bench in Madrid for a season and see what happens.
Maybe one season of that would force him to consider his options but I think he stays put for now.

I agree...I get the sense Bale has no wish to move here and would prefer to ride the bench in Madrid for a season and see what happens.
Maybe one season of that would force him to consider his options but I think he stays put for now.
I'm pretty sure that is what Bale is looking to do.

It just comes entirely down to how much Zidane and Real Madrid actually want him out. If they really push him out or tell him he's significantly down the pecking order and won't get many opportunities at all, then it'll happen this season. Whereas if they are ultimately happy to have him as a squad player then he'll stay for the one season and see what happens.

It just comes entirely down to how much Zidane and Real Madrid actually want him out. If they really push him out or tell him he's significantly down the pecking order and won't get many opportunities at all, then it'll happen this season. Whereas if they are ultimately happy to have him as a squad player then he'll stay for the one season and see what happens.

If he rides the bench for a season they risk his value depreciating, now is the most money they'd get for him IMO
That might force their hand into telling them he is no longer wanted there.... aka the Di Maria treatment.

I believe we'll get him. Deadline day.

I get the sense that it'll go down to the wire as well.

Once Real get Mbappe, he will be told he is surplus to requirements and he'll have to decide if he wants to play elsewhere or ride the Madrid bench.

But who will lose out on playing minutes? If Mourinho is planning on playing 433 with a Pogba-Herrera-Matic midfield there's only room for 3 forwards. Lukaku is a nailed on starter.

Since when we sell players to get fee from them. Mata is a vital player going nowhere.

Oh I don't know. Di Maria, Scheiderlin, Depay over the last few years.

Did you read part of the post that says "if Bale comes here"? If not, then obviously Mata would stay. If he comes one of our other #10s would have to go simply because they wouldn't get enough playtime. And my bet would be on Mata. Same if Griezmann came next year.

Oh I don't know. Di Maria, Scheiderlin, Depay over the last few years.

Did you read part of the post that says "if Bale comes here"? If not, then obviously Mata would stay. If he comes one of our other #10s would have to go simply because they wouldn't get enough playtime. And my bet would be on Mata. Same if Griezmann came next year.

I agree, Mata would suffer most in terms of playing time lost if Bale came here.

No one, not even Madrid, would be happy to have a squad player on 600k pw. After a season on the bench his value will decline even more so. If they decide he is nothing but a squad player they will push very hard for him to move on. Then it'll be up to Bale to decide whether he wants to dig his heels in or move somewhere else.

Better to wait for Madrid to get Mbappe first then go for Bale
I get the sense that it'll go down to the wire as well.

Once Real get Mbappe, he will be told he is surplus to requirements and he'll have to decide if he wants to play elsewhere or ride the Madrid bench.

Exactly. Bale is 28 and we should not be breaking our transfer record for him but if can stay injury free he could propel us into winning the league. Patience will be key with this one, let Madrid get Mbappe and have them push out Bale.

Better to wait for Madrid to get Mbappe first then go for Bale

Exactly. Bale is 28 and we should not be breaking our transfer record for him but if can stay injury free he could propel us into winning the league. Patience will be key with this one, let Madrid get Mbappe and have them push out Bale.

Thats exactly what Ed and co are doing, which is the right approach.
Sucks to be perisic though.

This is going to be a tricky one to judge.
We can't expect Inter and Perisic just to sit there waiting for us to fancy completing that, and we can't really judge how the Mbappe/Bale saga is going to play out.

I think the Bale injury/decline talk is overblown, and he'd be one of my top 5 or so choices for a fantasy signing.
But we haven't done a deal with Madrid for ages, and we've seen this last couple of years how tough it is.
Plus the way Bale's agent dismissed any chance of a link with us, as if we were the fattest ugliest girl at the dance.

Oh yeah, and Tottenham have first option (chuckles)

If Madrid decide to sell him, it will be a straight fight between us and Chelsea. Chelsea seem to have a better relationship with Madrid so they will more keen to push him there. I'm not sure if Bale will pick us over Chelsea. He has never really shown any interest in joining us.

I believe we'll get him. Deadline day.
I don't know if we'll get him or not. But IF we did, I highly doubt it would be deadline day.

Isn't Madrid's apparent desire to sell him based off wanting to use the money on Mbappe? In that case surely they'd need/want to sell Bale first?

If Madrid decide to sell him, it will be a straight fight between us and Chelsea. Chelsea seem to have a better relationship with Madrid so they will more keen to push him there. I'm not sure if Bale will pick us over Chelsea. He has never really shown any interest in joining us.

I am not sure conte wants him.

It's pretty much now or never and even now is not ideal with concerns over his fitness. He's won everything in Spain and you'd think he might want to come back with the aim of winning in England, if he loves Madrid so much he can move black there when he retires.

Exactly.

If they want to sell him, now is the time.

If he has an injury laden or underwhelming season, bearing his wages in mind it would be hard for them to shift him next summer.

Think he'll be available, but if Duncan Castles is to believed, then we're gonna stay clear of this potential transfer.

Anytime I have managed to catch Bale fit enough to play for Real, it is not him running into the ground.

Spurs should exercise their first option. They need a player in that position and they haven't spent anything this summer.

Could push them to the title.

This is simmering ATM. In the next week or two, it will blow up. I can see someone considered trustworthy reporting it soon

Of course, Jamie Jackson will briefly log into his Twitter just to pour his stale piss on it like always.

Status
Not open for further replies.