Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many players do they need to sell ffs? They made about 100m for Morata and Danilo and James' wage is off the books with a decent future fee nailed on too.

Losing Bale, James and Morata in one window doesn't sound like great business but feck em.

If Madrid want rid, they need to agree to pay a part of his wages. They fecked up, we shouldn't step in to take over the headache.

Lukaku will score around the same amount as Zlatan, if we are to win the league we need more goals.

Mkh Mata rashford martial pogba are enough to support the goal tally.

More space will arrive with better balance and transition.

How many players do they need to sell ffs? They made about 100m for Morata and Danilo and James' wage is off the books with a decent future fee nailed on too.

Losing Bale, James and Morata in one window doesn't sound like great business but feck em.
I think it is more to do with Mbappe wanting playing time.

I can understand that some of you have concerns about his injury record. But this is a gamble we have to take if the opportunity arises. I reckon he would be immense for us, and short term being very important of getting us back at the top again. He is a wonderful player, that would light up Old Trafford.

Why would Zidane want one of them to leave first? Surely the more options he has the better? Sounds like 'the board' want one sold first to help pay for Mbappe and are spinning it to the media that it's the manager to force Bale out of the club

10m loan fee and then a buy option for 60m. We are not Bayern though

Considering we'd have to pay something in the region of 80m-100m to sign him on 4-5 year deal, I doubt Real would accept anything less than 20m as a loan fee. James' loan was 15m for comparison.

I would deem that a reasonable risk. If he does hit form and stay injury free he could deliver the title. 20m loan + 65m option with maybe some difficult to achieve extras would sound about right.

Problem is I don't think Real would be up for that. They probably need the total fee to fund the Mbappe purchase and they'll want to be sure they don't have to pick up Bale's salary tab again. Imagine if Bale comes here and spends most time in the physio room then returns back to Real. They will suddenly be saddled with a 600k pw salary again that they'll need to offload, only now there'll be even less takers. Something that wasn't a concern with James' loan, because it was a 2 year loan and his salary was much lower to Bale's.

58m for Morata
25m for Danilo

So quite a bit shy of 100m, true they've saved on wages though

I can understand that some of you have concerns about his injury record. But this is a gamble we have to take if the opportunity arises. I reckon he would be immense for us, and short term being very important of getting us back at the top again. He is a wonderful player, that would light up Old Trafford.

What's your veiws on rues in that case?

Considering his salary, decline and injury record this would be a huge risk. No youngster either, and he do not appear motivated for a move at all.

We should try to get a similar deal as FC Bayern did for James. Two year loan with option for buying at a fixed fee.

Losing Bale, James and Morata and having Assensio, Isco and Mbappe take those slots looks like great business to me.
Their B squad is very promising as well.

Why would Zidane want one of them to leave first? Surely the more options he has the better? Sounds like 'the board' want one sold first to help pay for Mbappe and are spinning it to the media that it's the manager to force Bale out of the club
It was reported a while back Mbappe wont sign for Real Madrid unless he has a starting spot, he wont sit on the bench and i imagine neither will bale.

So would Sanchez or Griezmann. I know neither of those options are coming but if all three were available, Bale would be my last choice due to his injury record and RM's valuation of him. This is like us going for Neymar the past two seasons. He doesn't want to come to us, end of story. We'd have to throw massive wages at him to convince him otherwise and then it becomes an issue of value, again, due to his injury. In a fantasy world, I'd have him here in an instant, but you can't expect him to all of a sudden be fit if he hasn't managed to be fit the past 4 seasons. It's a huge gamble I don't think we're in a position to take.

I don't care about the wages or money it would take to get him here, I just think we can do better given the circumstances. That's all.

It was reported a while back Mbappe wont sign for Real Madrid unless he has a starting spot, he wont sit on the bench and i imagine neither will bale.

I still don't see where Zidane fits into that unless he really doesn't want the selection headache

58m for Morata
25m for Danilo

So quite a bit shy of 100m, true they've saved on wages though

Depends what currency you quoting. Plus they made 15m euros from James loan fee according to reports, which you left out. So it's slightly below £100m but slightly above €100m.

Would prefer Dembele at the touted prices, but we do need a LB/LWB, so Bale it is :)

Us cooling on Peresic around the same time this is heating up has got to be a sign something is going on internally. Wouldnt be stunned in this happened. Reckon its the best deal for both parties.

I still don't see where Zidane fits into that unless he really doesn't want the selection headache
If Madrid don't move for Mbappe this season he goes elsewhere possibly even Barca that will not sit well with the fans and Perez will probably spontaniously combust.

So one of them has to go and despite Benzema being the oldest he is often injury free unlike Bale who has misses 48 games in the last 3 seasons.

If they sell him now they can recoup the money they paid for him and get there man they also have Ascensio as a back up option already.

Considering his salary, decline and injury record this would be a huge risk. No youngster either, and he do not appear motivated for a move at all.

We should try to get a similar deal as FC Bayern did for James. Two year loan with option for buying at a fixed fee.

That would be very good deal.

I know people are concerned about his injuries & rightly so, however, I believe Jose is planning to play him where Mikhi played against Sampdoria. So if he does, I believe he could avoid a lot of injuries he picks up, playing on the wings.

Now, I have no facts and figures about the following statement...but I believe you pick up more injuries playing on the wings. Also, people talking about him declining physically, again, if he was to play just off top, I think it would demand less off of him physically.

Now, I'm just waiting for a barage of stats & fugures about how I'm wrong about all the above, however, that's just my view of playing the game for 20+ years, at a decent standards.

I would rather use the money being quoted for Bale to buy Dembele instead. It's been reported that Arsenal have had their bid for him rejected. Jose please get him. He's better than any winger out there at present.

Hope this happens :drool:

The major obstacle is Bale doesn't really want to leave them unless he's being told to do so which is probably what is happening right now. Not sure why a British would feel so attached playing for an overseas club albeit a great one who wins trophies consistently. But he could come home and do the same with United

would spell the end for Martial imo, cant see him losing his squad no. two years in a row.

Not so sure. Would Perisic arrival end Martial too?

Depends on the formation we plan to play. In a 3-5-2 Bale would play the #10 better than Mata or Mkhi. Martial still very likely to play upfront next to lukaku in such a formation. But Bale can probably play next to Lukaku too if none of Martial/Rashford is available or they simply need resting.

I reckon Bale coming would likely end Mata instead. Bale might be a very different player but he can play all the positions Mata plays better than him. RW, LW, #10, SS... Plus Mata's on his final year at age 29. It'd be the last chance to get a decent fee out of him and also balance the salary book a bit, since he must be on quite a bit.

Not so sure. Would Perisic arrival end Martial too?

Depends on the formation we plan to play. In a 3-5-2 Bale would play the #10 better than Mata or Mkhi. Martial still very likely to play upfront next to lukaku in such a formation. But Bale can probably play next to Lukaku too if none of Martial/Rashford is available or they simply need resting.

I reckon Bale coming would likely end Mata instead. Bale might be a very different player but he can play all the positions Mata plays better than him. RW, LW, #10, SS... Plus Mata's on his final year at age 29. It'd be the last chance to get a decent fee out of him and also balance the salary book a bit, since he must be on quite a bit.

Since when we sell players to get fee from them. Mata is a vital player going nowhere.

If it's true Madrid want to sell him then I can see us signing him. I mean why spend £48m on Perisic when we could get Bale for a little more.

It's pretty much now or never and even now is not ideal with concerns over his fitness. He's won everything in Spain and you'd think he might want to come back with the aim of winning in England, if he loves Madrid so much he can move black there when he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.