Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he really injured again or privately have we told Madrid not to play him against us whilst we sort out this transfer business :p

He played the 2nd last night vs the MLS all stars, his first preference will always be to stay at madrid

I remember sitting at my old computer desk in my young care free days, watching videos of that Southampton kid who was only 16 and taking free kicks for Southampton, fully expecting him to become a United player alongside Ronaldo & Rooney.

The injuries suck. My my young self is still waiting for his expectation to be fulfilled
Yes. He's always seemed to belong at OT in a weird way. I'd love to have him here.

We certainly need someone like him. You don't win league titles with attackers like Lingard and Rashford. We need a game changer and Bale is the best realistic option really.

We have mkh and lukaku and martial and rashford is growing.

We can win it reguardless.

My thoughts exactly.
Maybe he got more injuries in Spain cause of the climate...
I chose to believe that, and that the Manchester weather will do him good.
And red will suit him nicely.
Just hope he cuts his hair, and stop the silly Justin Bieber wannabe heart celebration.
The biting Manc rain would just ruin his bun, and cause even worse injuries.

Well aware of his injury problems but the fact is our attack could do with a major boost (or a game changer as another thread put it) and there aren't many others available atm. I'd probably risk it.

That's being greedy. 200m on 27 and 28 year olds
Would love for United to be greedy again, really. Too long United decided to settled with average players. I am not saying United should go for the Galactico policy, but in order to be an elite team again, United should be associated with elite players too. Ones that are known to perform at the highest level, plus having such players in the squad would definitely increase the moral and confidence of the team, and the younger ones have somebody to look up to and learn from.

Especially the likes of Martial and Rashford, and even Lukaku could learn from players like Bale and Griezmann. Will it happen or not, that's another story. I would love to have such players again at United though.

I admire your wild optimism, however extreme it is.

We have the best defense and midfeild in the league and we conceed very few chances too we can turn draws into wins with better balance.

Seems like the situation is that Madrid need to sell to get Mbappe and have deemed Bale as expendable. Bale himself has no intention of leaving.

Di Maria was a similar situation, although I think Bale would settle a lot better in Manchester than him, obviously.
And Ozil, and Sanchez. He'll be fine wherever he goes.

Would love to see us sign him. Question marks on his fitness, but I'll always happily take a risk on someone like him. If the risk pays off, Bale and Lukaku smashing defences is stuff of dreams for me.

For under 60m yes, but Madrid want the money they paid for him back. Stay away and get someone else. He looked shit so far in pre season, tired and slow. We will have another Rooney in a few years, his body cant take it anymore

For under 60m yes, but Madrid want the money they paid for him back. Stay away and get someone else. He looked shit so far in pre season, tired and slow

Last night vs the MLS all stars he hit the post but looked cumbersome and didnt have the acceleration he used to.
Madrid would be doing great business to flog him to us for 100m (cant see him going for anything less than that) and use that money to fund Mbappe

It's a big risk for the money involved, not to mention he doesn't want to be here. We are the make do team if he's cast out by Real. His injury record is horrific. People go on about Neymar being to expensive but he's better value than Bale, you can't argue it. Bale on his day is amazing, unfortunately he's injured to much. He's 28 now, can people genuinely see his injuries and performances getting better in the next three seasons. Unless it was for around 65-70m it's not worth the risk. Considering how Morata negotiations went I wouldn't be optimistic.

Would love for United to be greedy again, really. Too long United decided to settled with average players. I am not saying United should go for the Galactico policy, but in order to be an elite team again, United should be associated with elite players too. Ones that are known to perform at the highest level, plus having such players in the squad would definitely increase the moral and confidence of the team, and the younger ones have somebody to look up to and learn from.

Especially the likes of Martial and Rashford, and even Lukaku could learn from players like Bale and Griezmann. Will it happen or not, that's another story. I would love to have such players again at United though.

Bale is declining , such an investment should be in up comming talents.

Seems like they're trying to push Bale out. Not exactly a great sign is it?

Knowing Woodward he will want this, and I'm sure Mourinho will too.

He must go public and make it clear that he'd be happy to join us. Otherwise forget it.

Bale is declining , such an investment should be in up comming talents.
You are probably right. I do prefer someone like Dembele too, but he would be another young potential instead of 'ready-made' players, in which United have in Rashford and Martial.

I am not sure Jose would take him over Perisic for that money, but we need a winger. I am sure Woody wants it, number 7 and 10 still free, Bale as the British poster boy would make him happy

Madrid will never go for that, and why would they?
If we dont buy him Im sure Chelsea will.

If they don't go for it... oh well?

It's too high a price to pay for someone who's likely to get a few injuries in the season and deteriorate rapidly, since his speed is a big part of his game.

I'd favour a HEAVILY incentivised deal if we are to pay 100m. Like 50m guaranteed, 50m if he completes x amount of appearances or whatever. Such is his fitness record.

Of all the 'gamechangers' he wouldn't necessarily be my choice, as I don't see him as a player with real wizardry who can dribble well enough in close quarters - but for a short spell, he'd beat the crap out of teams if he stays fit. We can then sell him to Swansea or whatever when they are rich enough to pay £40m for him in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.