Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing this new injury, I think it isn't worth it. Seems like unable to shake off his injuries & on top of not motivated to move away from Madrid.

We'd be utter fools to go anywhere near this guy. A total waste of money. That injury prone body is never going to get better.

We should just wait to see if Madrid get Mbappe and then have Real approach us to sell. Need to have the upper hand in negotiations so we dont get fleeced on the fee.

How much of a good investment this is really depends on the fee imo, if we get him for a decent price then hes worth the risk.

If they want rid they should be prepared to take a hit on the fee.
Injured again and managed 17 starts last sesson. That's gonna have to be one heck of a hit for anyone to make an offer. Right now i'd rather us sign perisic for 45m than real offering is bale at the same price as he's just not going to give you the number of games

Will Barca go for Mbappe? If they do, I can see Madrid moving in as they wouldnt want to lose him to Barca. Fingers crossed?

He's very injury prone for a player who relies on his pace to be successful. Imagine a slower and less agile Bale, not the same dynamic player at all. It's a definite risk for sure.
That's my worry. Not just that a loss of pace is a potential for the future, but that it might have already happened. In the match against us the other day there were a few times where Fosu-Mensah went past him easily. Obviously TFM is incredibly fast in his own right, but Bale didn't even look close.

Has anyone watched their other matches? It could easily have just been a couple of individual moments, or the fact that it was his first pre-season match, which caused him to be sluggish against us. After a couple of matches he might easily be back to his usual self.

Mbappe has told Monaco he wants to leave.

Paris united say he would move to PSG but Monaco dont want to sell to them. Think Madrid too will come in for him soon. I think Bale might become a saga soon.

With that injury record it's not worth it to take a huge risk on Bale with his astronomical wages. We've already had our share of high wage/injury prone players not producing the goods: Scweini, Rooney, Owen Hargreaves. Let's not resolve Madrid's problem.

Have to agree with this. He looks a complete crock now. Going down this path again will show that we have the complete inability to learn from our past mistakes.

Madric reject who doesn't want to be here? Check
Player with a history of injuries? Check
Ridiculous wage demands that will mean he's impossible to shift? Check

It's a no from me David.

Mbappe has told Monaco he wants to leave.

Paris united say he would move to PSG but Monaco dont want to sell to them. Think Madrid too will come in for him soon. I think Bale might become a saga soon.

PSG still in for him? After Neymar. No way.

Barca to enter the Mbappe race, Perez to flip a lid and United to low ball for Bale as Real scramble in a panic to raise funds to head off Barcas bid for Mbappe.

PSG get Neyamr. We get Bale on the cheap, or we sign Perisic. Real get Mbappe. Barca get Couts and its all still possible

Limitless

Starting to think I don't want us to go anywhere near Bale. One thing we don't need is more injury-prone players!

That being said, on his day is probably the 2nd best left-footed player in the world and we need a LW/AML!

Starting to think I don't want us to go anywhere near Bale. One thing we don't need is more injury-prone players!

That being said, on his day is probably the 2nd best left-footed player in the world and we need a LW/AML!

What use is that when he will never be on his day ? Surely by now even the guys biggest fans must see how pointless it is to even think about going for him

This is not a guy that's getting better and will provide you three good years at least .

He is injury prone past his best lost his pace and has NEVER shown any interest in playing for us .

Yes, Rooney. Not injury prone, but certainly lacking fitness, and not justifying his high wages. :eek:
Maybe in his later years, but he's been an important player year in year out and in case you didn't notice he's our all time top goalscorer. He's not comparable to Schweinsteiger or Hargreaves.

Stupid question here :

If he is as injury prone as everyone says, could we not get him on the cheap considering Madrid want a new toy?

Stupid question here :

If he is as injury prone as everyone says, could we not get him on the cheap considering Madrid want a new toy?

Not a stupid question but unfortunately not, Madrid would just downplay his injuries and look for as maximum a fee as possible.

There is no possibility of a cheap Bale as his wages are astronomical.

Over a four year contract, his wages would be around £120m.

He could very easily drop off big time with these injuries and also a dip in pace and power as he ages.

Absolutely ridiculous to even think jose would go after bale. 100%sure this is a no deal.

Depends on how keen they are to sell and how many clubs could buy.

We could, City and Chelsea could as well as Bayern and Milan. Not sure about Juves funds.

But looking at how they tried to fleece us for Morata who they clearly don't value at all, I can imagine they would be looking for a fee in the region of £80 Million plus at least for Bale considering he is favoured by Perez and is quite useful from a marketing point of view. Theres also the fact he is pretty damn good when fit as well. :(

Let's make him our Robben, signed from Madrid fairly cheap because of injuries. We'd have a world class winger when healthy and when not, we have decent enough alternatives.

I'd definitely expect more production from 25 Bale starts and 30 starts for Mata/Martial/Rashford/Mkhitaryan/Lingard than I would 40 Perisic starts and 15 from that group.

Let's make him our Robben, signed from Madrid fairly cheap because of injuries. We'd have a world class winger when healthy and when not, we have decent enough alternatives.

I'd definitely expect more production from 25 Bale starts and 30 starts for Mata/Martial/Rashford/Mkhitaryan/Lingard than I would 40 Perisic starts and 15 from that group.

Not a bad idea, but not what you expect from a player with 600k per week wages.

Why will Madrid sell cheap?
Besides, can we also have his wages paid per appearance??

If Jose is in any way interested in signing Perisic then the only real reason for me why it hasn't happened is he is waiting on the Bale situation.

He's way overpriced but I don't believe £45-50m is completely outrageous for Perisic with the money being thrown around in this window. If Jose definitively wanted him I believe he would have been signed weeks ago.

I would rather we bought an injury prone Bale who could give us 15-20 excellent - outstanding performances next season than Perisic who would give us 30-35 average-good performances and maybe a couple of excellent ones.

Define cheap? Bale is going to be 80m in this market surely, I would guess more tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.