Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little piece in Marca today saying that stats wise he's proved to be a poor buy. If Marca doesn't want you at RM, you're in trouble.

Little piece in Marca today saying that stats wise he's proved to be a poor buy. If Marca doesn't want you at RM, you're in trouble.

Media witch hunt has started. Bale better hurry if he wants to come to us, as I can't see Mourinho waiting for too long, especially with Perisic waiting in the wings.

Bale will not push to leave Madrid. Even if they buy Mbopp I reckon Bale will be ok with subbing on next season.
If he spends next season as a sub only then i can see him wanting to move.

Just wait for the booing and the white flags when the Madrid fans realise Gareth staying is preventing Real from buying the latest shiny new toy in Mbappe.

If we got Bale where would we play him? He has said he prefers to play behind the striker in a free role as he does with Wales. But that role doesn't exist in the rumoured 3-5-2 Mourinho is tinkering with. Could try this:

Lukaku
Martial - Mkhitaryan - Bale
Matić - Pogba
LB - CB - Bailly - Valencia
De Gea
We could play him wide right to cut in but does Bale track back much? I would imagine he doesn't need to for Real Madrid but Mourinho demands it.

I also wonder if signing Bale would hamper our Griezmann plans for January or the Summer? At least there are more concrete rumours surrounding our interest in Griezmann than with Bale. We couldn't play Griezmann wide so he has to go into AM role. I'm obviously getting ahead of myself but something like:

Lukaku
Bale - Griezmann - Mkhitaryan
Matić - Pogba
LB - CB - Bailly - Valencia
De Gea
That would be amazing but it probably doesn't matter since I don't think Bale wants out of Real Madrid. I think i'll try to build this on Career mode in FIFA though.

Probably Bale would play in the front two with Lukaku as SS (in 352). Otherwise in other games, he would start from the right in the usual 433 or 4231. I guess it depends on the other acquisition besides Bale (if true of course).

Probably Bale would play in the front two with Lukaku as SS. Otherwise in other games, he would start from the right in the usual 433 or 4231. I guess it depends on the other acquisition besides Bale (if true of course).

He'd probably be used the same way Griezmann would have so yes. Easily would make us title favourites. He seems like a stubborn cnut though, so can't see him wanting to leave.

Pilib has been on tour with united(not along with) and he obviously had that Lukaku interview before any journo. He seems to be very well connected and has been right all summer. I think United have gone dry on perisic as they know the money it will take to get him and know they can do a deal quickly and will move for him after observing what happens with bale.

Needs to be this summer, for his price tag and injury record it becomes more of a risk every year.

I doubt he'll ever truly be embraced at Madrid. On the other hand, he would be welcomed with open arms at the "family club" of Man Utd. Would make sense for him to leave now.

Needs to be this summer, for his price tag and injury record it becomes more of a risk every year.

From Reals point of view too though, another injured season barely playing and a year older means they can't be asking for 100+m

Defo think he is the most expendable attacker there, asensio has come in and looks a fresh exciting talent also to add to his problems, as has been said if we are to move for him it has to be this Summer, he is getting on but Jose wants an experienced player in that position hence the pursuit of perisic, however bale would be the safer option given his PL experience and knowledge of the culture, would still be that question mark over perisic.

Bale is injured again.Whats the point in signing a player and then the player stay on the sidelines,its pointless..

It could potentially be the riskiest transfer in the history of football transfers given the cost and his injury record.

Matic took so long because we were waiting on Dier, maybe Perisic is taking so long because we're waiting on Bale.

He's the blockbuster signing Woodward craves, and I can't imagine Mourinho not wanting him, but I cannot see Madrid letting him go.

(Please quote this post on Aug 31st when Jim White jizzes to oblivion because we've deadlined Bale)

Just curious, how much do we think we'd pay for him ? With his injuries, age and form, don't think we should go beyond what we paid for Lukaku

If what PB is saying is true then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

"Ask to leave and we will move for you"

What?

Why don't we just fecking do it anyway? Madrid are looking to sell. So apart from getting a price down by a million or two - it won't make a difference. Besides, if he does say he wants to leave - he'll likely lose his bonus, which we will have to pay for, anyway. Makes feck all sense to me. But hey ho.

Just curious, how much do we think we'd pay for him ? With his injuries, age and form, don't think we should go beyond what we paid for Lukaku

In this market the price would be around €100m I reckon
Its so much money for a player with such a terrible injury record and who doesnt really want to play for us.

I much rather we bid the €100m for Dembele

It's not exactly an ideal signing because of his injury issues but when you are starting Lingard and Rashford frequently you have to try and do something to upgrade the attack so why not really.

Because we'd likely still be starting Rashford and Lingard frequently with Bale in the treatment room. His injury record has got worse year by year.

Heart says he's proper United player and we could easily get him. Head says we'd be looking at £120m for the fee and contract. I don't think it's realistic.

What?

Why don't we just fecking do it anyway? Madrid are looking to sell. So apart from getting a price down by a million or two - it won't make a difference. Besides, if he does say he wants to leave - he'll likely lose his bonus, which we will have to pay for, anyway. Makes feck all sense to me. But hey ho.

Only thing that I can think of is Bale has publicly stated he doesn't want to leave Madrid + Jose stated he only wants players that want to play for us.
No need to force a transfer if the player's heart isn't in it. Or even if it's just keeping up appearances etc. Does nothing for Bale's image or Uniteds we are getting what appears to be Madrid's sloppy seconds.
So in a nutshell...it could all be posturing... :rolleyes:

Only thing that I can think of is Bale has publicly stated he doesn't want to leave Madrid + Jose stated he only wants players that want to play for us.
No need to force a transfer if the player's heart isn't in it. Or even if it's just keeping up appearances etc. Does nothing for Bale's image or Uniteds we are getting what appears to be Madrid's sloppy seconds.

Yeah I get what you're saying but it's all pretty pointless isn't it? If Madrid don't want him and we do, we will end up with him anyway.

Yeah I get what you're saying but it's all pretty pointless isn't it? If Madrid don't want him and we do, we will end up with him anyway.

A couple of the more reliable journalists have said that United only want players who really want to make the move. It makes sense really. I'd only want players that really want to join our club. Team morale is important too. AdM was talented as feck, but didn't seem too bothered about joining.

I also don't think Mourinho mentioning that Matic "really really wants to join" was an accident. Mourinho is clever and tends to have a plan behind his words.

Yeah I agree. Times ticking and somethings got to give. Either Bale's got to accept Madrid has found a better toy or all parties need to move on. Bale gets stuck on the bench, United sign another winger or something like that.

Haven't been following Bale's career since he left for Spain. Is he really that much of a crock or is it one of those internet exaggeration things that get out of hand?
( ie.. Lukaku's first touch thread for instance )

Just naturally curious.

Jose needs to get Dembele. The guy does not believe in passing backwards unless absolutely needed. It's not just his speed but his agility. He can running at defenders at high speed, he can stop and change directions leaving the defenders in a knot. He can cross the ball with both feet efficiently and equally good with both feet when it comes to takes shots as well. If Barca lose Neymar to PSG this summer, I'm pretty sure they will go for Dembele. We need to act now and get him. Come on. We need a talisman and game changer and Dembele on his own could do that. He's an attacking machine that does not resort to passing sideways or backwards unless absolutely needed. Dembele on the right and Martial on the left, that would easily make us title contenders. The guy has goals in him as well.

In this market the price would be around €100m I reckon
Its so much money for a player with such a terrible injury record and who doesnt really want to play for us.

I much rather we bid the €100m for Dembele

Agreed. IF Dembele is available, I'm confident we'll be in for him. Bale at 100m is not worth it IMO

His ankles and calf muscles are banjaxed! Wont ever hit those heights before his move to Madrid. Move on elsewhere we've enough bodies to be warming the bench as it is.

Yeah I agree. Times ticking and somethings got to give. Either Bale's got to accept Madrid has found a better toy or all parties need to move on. Bale gets stuck on the bench, United sign another winger or something like that.

Haven't been following Bale's career since he left for Spain. Is he really that much of a crock or is it one of those internet exaggeration things that get out of hand?
( ie.. Lukaku's first touch thread for instance )

Just naturally curious.
A couple of the more reliable journalists have said that United only want players who really want to make the move. It makes sense really. I'd only want players that really want to join our club. Team morale is important too. AdM was talented as feck, but didn't seem too bothered about joining.

I also don't think Mourinho mentioning that Matic "really really wants to join" was an accident. Mourinho is clever and tends to have a plan behind his words.

Yeah very good points. Anyway all will be revealed shortly.

What?

We won't invest time in something unless we are going to get him. If he asks to leave Madrid have to let him go and deal gets done. With no public declaration it could be Ramos all over again.

Ok some quick stats courtesy of ESPN back in April. If we sign him looks like we'd be lucky to see him play half the season. :nervous:

2016-17
Number of injuries: 3
Games played/missed: 24/27

2015-16
Number of injuries: 6
Games played/missed: 29/23

2014-15
Number of injuries: 2
Games played/missed: 46/12

2013-14
Number of injuries: 6
Games played/missed: 40/17

People saying he is injured, well he got a kick and hence dint train as a precaution. I do agree its a risk. If we are to buy one attacker from Madrid this summer then we should be buying Asensio(apart from ronaldo). I rate bale but he is very very risky right now.

Injured in training earlier today. I seriously hope we see sense and stay away from Bale. It's a pity but injuries have really taken a toll on him it seems.

The continual Bale rumouring is all a bit like Ronaldo-lite isn't it!
Just when we thought we were getting to the end of the road with the Ronaldo links, we'll now have Bale links for the next few years.

For those saying he needs to "publically push for the move", when do top players ever publically push for moves?!
As it stands, he's a key starter, they don't look that close to getting Mbappe, so why on earth would he even think about a move now?!

The continual Bale rumouring is all a bit like Ronaldo-lite isn't it!
Just when we thought we were getting to the end of the road with the Ronaldo links, we'll now have Bale links for the next few years.

For those saying he needs to "publically push for the move", when do top players ever publically push for moves?!
As it stands, he's a key starter, they don't look that close to getting Mbappe, so why on earth would he even think about a move now?!
His value will drop considerably after this season. He's on huge wages and has been pretty underwhelming for the financial outlay it took to get him there 4yrs ago. His injury record alone is very worrying and I think Madrid will try and dump him elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.