Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale will not push to leave Madrid. Even if they buy Mbopp I reckon Bale will be ok with subbing on next season.
If he spends next season as a sub only then i can see him wanting to move.
He's got to watch out though. He's 28 if he stays until he is near 29 the CAF wont want him.

Maybe jose was sending a message during that press conference? 'there is no indication from the player'. If at all there is a genuine interest then that's certainly a hint from jose that we want those players who are willing to join us not ala ADM

People saying he is injured, well he got a kick and hence dint train as a precaution. I do agree its a risk. If we are to buy one attacker from Madrid this summer then we should be buying Asensio(apart from ronaldo). I rate bale but he is very very risky right now.

They wouldn't sell us Arsenio though. Whether we like to admit it or not, we're not quite the draw that Real are, so they'll only sell us players they don't want & their players will only elect to leave if they're clearly not wanted. Similarly players from 3rd party clubs will generally not come to us if Real or Barca are a genuine possibilty for them, which is why city can wave all the cash they like at Mbappe to no avail, and why all those posters saying lets bid for Dembele instead of Bale are missing the point. Bale is realistic because he's past his best and crocked, Dembele isn't realistic even if Jose would want him (which I'm inclined to think he wouldn't).

Ok some quick stats courtesy of ESPN back in April. If we sign him looks like we'd be lucky to see him play half the season. :nervous:

2016-17
Number of injuries: 3
Games played/missed: 24/27

2015-16
Number of injuries: 6
Games played/missed: 29/23

2014-15
Number of injuries: 2
Games played/missed: 46/12

2013-14
Games played/missed: 40/17

What is his most common injury? If muscle related, perhaps he needs to chill on the weights. Looks like he bulked up when he arrived at RM. Probably trying to be like CR.

He played on the left at Spurs but switched to the right at RM due to CR right?

Jose seemed to be sending a message to a potential transfer, when he spoke about how Matic wanted to come here.

What is his most common injury? If muscle related, perhaps he needs to chill on the weights. Looks like he bulked up when he arrived at RM. Probably trying to be like CR.

He prefers to be played centrally as with Wales.

With no Griezman, that's pretty realistic if he were to join us.

I don't think Bale has any particular affinity towards our club, whereas he seems to genuinely enjoy playing for Madrid. Unless he is forced out then I don't see him leaving Madrid of his own accord as he will instead try to fight for his place in the team. Being honest, from his perspective it's a big step down from Madrid to Manchester as they've won 3 CL's in 4 years, whilst we're still some way off.

One of those rumors that just won't die will it? I'm still very intrigued by it and would love to see what he could do for us. Yes, the injuries are a concern but look at what a chance of training regimen did for a guy like RvP. It is pretty clear he ll never come out of Ronnie's shadow at this pt so if I was him I'd make that one final switch to another top club now and hopefully be the experienced guy who helps lift a young United team back it's glory days. I doubt Madrid will ever look at him as a true legend there - here he could cement a legacy for himself in one or two short seasons.

I don't think Bale has any particular affinity towards our club, whereas he seems to genuinely enjoy playing for Madrid. Unless he is forced out then I don't see him leaving Madrid of his own accord as he will instead try to fight for his place in the team. Being honest, from his perspective it's a big step down from Madrid to Manchester as they've won 3 CL's in 4 years, whilst we're still some way off.
If you fancy a lady but she don't fancy you, do you keep on trying or do you hook up with the lady that will put out?

Calf, especially left calf i believe. Yesm he played left ar spurs, was probably better there. Not sure thats relevent to a recjrring injury though.

Way too injury prone for Jose. Our manager is infamous for being obsessed with players that stay fit and not injured.

Ok some quick stats courtesy of ESPN back in April. If we sign him looks like we'd be lucky to see him play half the season. :nervous:

2016-17
Number of injuries: 3
Games played/missed: 24/27

2015-16
Games played/missed: 29/23

2014-15
Number of injuries: 2
Games played/missed: 46/12

2013-14
Games played/missed: 40/17

With that injury record it's not worth it to take a huge risk on Bale with his astronomical wages. We've already had our share of high wage/injury prone players not producing the goods: Scweini, Rooney, Owen Hargreaves. Let's not resolve Madrid's problem.

Stay away from Bale and his cankles. Insane amount of money thrown out the window.

Looking at that injury list... Yeah no thanks. Real can continue paying him 600k a week for the next 5 years. We shouldn't do them any favours by taking him off their hands.

stay away, too risky.
why we wouldnt try for Dembele is beyond me! And this obsession that he is not a mourinho player is ridiculous, he plays football ffs.

He's very injury prone for a player who relies on his pace to be successful. Imagine a slower and less agile Bale, not the same dynamic player at all. It's a definite risk for sure.

Definitely too bulky, he didn't have many injuries in Spurs if I remember, then he become super bulky at Real and he just keep getting injured, a lot of footballer have too big of muscles and it end up injuring them

Well he is biased Barca fan :smirk:

Don't worry, he's just as critical of Barca's players. He was constantly criticising Neymar and this was well before Neymar was linked with PSG. He wanted Barca to sell him. Looks like he's getting his wish. Let's see how that turns out :smirk:

I'd still be very happy to take Bale for around £60-70m. Didn't think it was unknown that he's injury prone so why is everyone suddenly against it? The point is that when he's fit he's world class. Even half a season with us (and he'll probably play more than that) would make a huge difference to our team. Remember we'll likely have Ibra coming back in December too. Who knows what the situation will be with Griezmann; a Jan move might not even be impossible. If it is impossible, the move will still likely happen next summer.

If you fancy a lady but she don't fancy you, do you keep on trying or do you hook up with the lady that will put out?

A lady that is in a relationship and appears to be happy. The only chance we have is if the partner breaks up with her! Our home wrecking tactics have failed...

In all seriousness this'll probably be an opportunistic transfer, not unlike the Di Maria situation.

RvP was labelled a crock and he won us the league... I just can't see him asking to leave Madrid personally.

RvP was labelled a crock and he won us the league... I just can't see him asking to leave Madrid personally.
RvP was coming from the best season of his life at Arsenal.
Bale is probably coming off from the worst 2 seasons of his life.

No comparison at all.

With that injury record it's not worth it to take a huge risk on Bale with his astronomical wages. We've already had our share of high wage/injury prone players not producing the goods: Scweini, Rooney, Owen Hargreaves. Let's not resolve Madrid's problem.
Rooney? :lol:

True.

Although to be fair, RVP barely missed any games during the 2011-2012 season. Bale's past 2 seasons have been mired with injuries.

RvP was coming from the best season of his life at Arsenal.
Bale is probably coming off from the worst 2 seasons of his life.

No comparison at all.

True enough...
Just stating shortly that if we do sign him (which, I don't see happening anyway) and we do get him firing to the standards he can play at when fit he might be the catalyst we need.. A game changer so to speak..

Our wing play was hit and miss all season, but his injury record is a bit meh, but so was RvPs but the comparison is on their day they can be world class and we've lacked a world class wide man for years. Even though he plays centrally for Wales if he was to sign he'd be played on the wing here for sure.

I still think that it´s a very complicated signing, since it depends on different factors:
- The arrival of Mbappé
- United and Madrid finally closing a signing
-Bale accepting to leave Madrid and as @Kapardin wrote, not doing a James (stay another year and realize later that his effort was futile)

But on the other hand...Bale has a problem with Asensio. Every time he plays he offers something very good. Soon his presence on the bench will not be justifiable, and at that point fans, club and press will fully support Asensio(and Isco) for that place in the line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.