Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also never heard of him being interested in United, and if he grudgingly is banished from his beloved Madrid, how motivated would he be elsewhere ... Didn't Jose say he only wants players who are keen to play for us? Well, Bale isn't one.

Agreed on this.
Also, when he was joining Madrid, I remember him saying that it was his dream to play for Madrid.
At the time, MUFC were also interested in buying him, but when Madrid come calling and he made his choice.

Graham Hunter is saying if Mbappe goes to Real we'll be offered Bale, Benzema doesn't go as he does so much work for Ronaldo and Ronaldo doesn't get dropped for anyone so I can see truth in what Hunter is saying.

Graham Hunter is saying if Mbappe goes to Real we'll be offered Bale, Benzema doesn't go as he does so much work for Ronaldo and Ronaldo doesn't get dropped for anyone so I can see truth in what Hunter is saying.
Hunter can feck off. I'm still hurting from Thiago.

Bale looking pedestrian at best, invisible at worst, in the Clasico Amistoso. A fraction of the talent we know and hold dear. Asensio, by comparison, is taking him to the woodshed.

He's rarely hit the heights of his last season at Spurs. Some combination of injuries, and being built up as the next Cristiano Ronaldo has prevented him from becoming a truly game changing star. He's still very good, but the kind of performance we're seeing today is not a rare occurrence in league play, and you don't spunk 100 million plus on someone like that.

I remember he was complimentary towards Di Maria when we were linked to him a couple of seasons ago.

Well it's sorted then. Bale will be a success here. :)

I wouldn't pay €40m for the Bale we saw today. It's clear though he is most likely going to be treated like shit by Madrid and chucked out. Thought I heard announcer say he was favoring leg. Is he still not fit or was this something that popped up during the game?

Bale will most likely keep our medical team occupied.

He probably will but I'd still buy him. It's not my money in the first place and secondly, I don't know any other player that would suit us better. Dembele et al don't seem like Jose type players. Wenger will never sell his best player to Jose. I know it happened it with Ashley Cole but at the time their relationship wasn't as strained as it is now imo.

I wouldn't pay €40m for the Bale we saw today. It's clear though he is most likely going to be treated like shit by Madrid and chucked out. Thought I heard announcer say he was favoring leg. Is he still not fit or was this something that popped up during the game?

Well his performance could be down to his morale being down in the gutter. Considering recent events. He looked very good against United for first half hour.

Well his performance could be down to his morale being down in the gutter. Considering recent events. He looked very good against United for first half hour.
Still, I'd rather we signed Sanchez. He's less injury prone and we would not have to deal with RM. Would be cheaper too which makes it easier to get the deal done.

Still, I'd rather we signed Sanchez. He's less injury prone and we would not have to deal with RM. Would be cheaper too which makes it easier to get the deal done.

I agree on everything except it being easier to do the deal. First, Sanchez doesn't seem to want to go to United, or at least we've heard nothing of the sort. Secondly, if we come in - so will Man City. I think Arsenal and Wenger will not want to deal with United and Jose. So this deal, to me, seems extremely unlikely.

Who knows, maybe we enquired about Sanchez but got told to feck ourselves with our Europa League trophy.

I agree on everything except it being easier to do the deal. First, Sanchez doesn't seem to want to go to United, or at least we've heard nothing of the sort. Secondly, if we come in - so will Man City. I think Arsenal and Wenger will not want to deal with United and Jose. So this deal, to me, seems extremely unlikely.

Who knows, maybe we enquired about Sanchez but got told to feck ourselves with our Europa League trophy.
Same can be said for Bale. This smells like ADM all over again. Player being pushed out for new toy and will be sold to a club that can afford to pay fee plus meet player demands. Bale had an opportunity to sign for United but chose RM. trying to sign him from RM will also weaken our stance with DDG. I stand firm on my opinion they are not finished pursuing DDG. Maybe for this year but come next, it will start up again. Next year being a WC year, I could see RM going all in for DDG. I'm not opposed to losing DDG, for the right fee of course. Back to Bale, RM may want to eccellerate any deal for DDG if we sign him now.

With Arsenal, I don't think decision is with Wenger. We offer to meet their valuation, the owners will sell.

Same can be said for Bale. This smells like ADM all over again. Player being pushed out for new toy and will be sold to a club that can afford to pay fee plus meet player demands. Bale had an opportunity to sign for United but chose RM. trying to sign him from RM will also weaken our stance with DDG. I stand firm on my opinion they are not finished pursuing DDG. Maybe for this year but come next, it will start up again. Next year being a WC year, I could see RM going all in for DDG. I'm not opposed to losing DDG, for the right fee of course. Back to Bale, RM may want to eccellerate any deal for DDG if we sign him now.

With Arsenal, I don't think decision is with Wenger. We offer to meet their valuation, the owners will sell.

We won't pay the wages City and PSG are apparently promising Sanchez. Not even close. We have no hope of signing him. I doubt we have any hope of signing Bale either though. :(

He probably will but I'd still buy him. It's not my money in the first place and secondly, I don't know any other player that would suit us better. Dembele et al don't seem like Jose type players. Wenger will never sell his best player to Jose. I know it happened it with Ashley Cole but at the time their relationship wasn't as strained as it is now imo.
That's my fear though, that the fact that he's so suited to us will blind the club to how dire his injury record is. Strikes me as very similar to City's Gundogan blunder; absolutely perfect for them but spends half the season on the treatment table and thus fails to provide exactly what he was signed for. Also every injury Bale gets will slowly chip away at his physicality; Bale is exactly the kind of player that will get worse with age, not better.

Except Di Maria had massive settling issues as well, and at the time we bought him clearly wanted PSG.

If Bale came here, he'd be used to this league, and would recognise it's not Madrid yes, but we'd be a good option

He hasn't refused to play winger(in fact, he did, a lot, over the last 3 seasons), he just realises he's much better in a free role and wants to play more down the middle. His performances in the role(whenever cristiano was out) confirm that Bale is wasted as a winger, or even as a wide forward when he's not given freedom to roam

Ok. My bad.

I thought that too but wasn't Thiago lined up but Giggs advised against it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01zd7w3
Oh come on, that is absolute horseshit. :lol:

Giggs at the time was a player coach, he wouldn't have had any influence on transfers imo. But for the sake of this lets say he did, do you not think the question of Thiago would have come up before a deal had been agreed and all that was left was a medical and signing of contract?

feck it, I will proceed to buy a player, then in the final stages of the deal I will ask people what they think. One negative answer and I will pull the plug. I won't bother asking this question first before we start any negotiations, because I want to waste everyone's time at the club, especially those involved in getting the deal to the final stages.

Oh come on, that is absolute horseshit. :lol:

Giggs at the time was a player coach, he wouldn't have had any influence on transfers imo. But for the sake of this lets say he did, do you not think the question of Thiago would have come up before a deal had been agreed and all that was left was a medical and signing of contract?

feck it, I will proceed to buy a player, then in the final stages of the deal I will ask people what they think. One negative answer and I will pull the plug. I won't bother asking this question first before we start any negotiations, because I want to waste everyone's time at the club, especially those involved in getting the deal to the final stages.

Considering the shambles of a transition from Sir Alex/David Gill to Moyes/Woodward (first summer version) it wouldn't remotely surprise me to find that the groundskeeper at Carrington was asked for an input on transfers that summer.

Considering the shambles of a transition from Sir Alex/David Gill to Moyes/Woodward (first summer version) it wouldn't remotely surprise me to find that the groundskeeper at Carrington was asked for an input on transfers that summer.
So you believe that is exactly what happened? :lol:

Moyes went all the way with a transfer, had one negative comment in the final stages (a comment he could have got before they started proceedings) and pulled the plug? Seems really legit mate I must say. As much as we all love to slate Moyes, I doubt he is this stupid.

So you believe that is exactly what happened? :lol:

Moyes went all the way with a transfer, had one negative comment in the final stages (a comment he could have got before they started proceedings) and pulled the plug? Seems really legit mate I must say. As much as we all love to slate Moyes, I doubt he is this stupid.

Exactly? No. Some version of it? Probably.

As for Moyes being that stupid, again nothing about that time period would surprise me.

Exactly? No. Some version of it? Probably.

As for Moyes being that stupid, again nothing about that time period would surprise me.
Thiago chose Munich & Pep, plain and simple. Anything else on this coming from our side is our usual face saving bullshit. Lets not forget that Moyes signed Fellaini that window, a player giggs must have though was United quality eh?

Pep only came in when he heard Utd were stalling and unsure.
They made contact late in the window if you remember

Moyes was unsure about Thiago. He wanted Fabregas.

Thiago chose Munich & Pep, plain and simple. Anything else on this coming from our side is our usual face saving bullshit. Lets not forget that Moyes signed Fellaini that window, a player giggs must have though was United quality eh?

Whichever version is true (if at all) saying that Giggs didn't think Thiago wasn't United quality or that Moyes was dithering because he wanted Fabregas instead isn't face saving from our point of view it just highlights how wrong we were in not completing the deal for Thiago when he was there for the taking.

I wouldn't be suprised if by the end of the year Real really regret not shifting Bale.

Mega wages he is on and he is always crocked which is only likely to get worse with age.

Status
Not open for further replies.