Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the spirit

:lol: I'm usually an optimist.. but, we would have signed Peresic by now but we must be wasting time chasing Bale, which in terms of quality I understand.. But when his agent and himself both say, they don't see him leaving Madrid. The only way he's going to leave is if Madrid sell to fund Mbappe and then it would mean having a player here not really wanting to be here again... Or we end up signing Peresic for 50 mil when desperate but Inter's chairman says that's broken down now too.. so we could be left without a winger this season, when I feel a winger is what we really need more than a DM.

Last edited:
So how well do you think he would do if we signed him and he started next season as our most attacking wing forward?

16 goals 14 assists would be my benchmark.

Bale isn't going to leave Madrid... unless they force him out to fund the Mbappe deal... We're going to waste this window chasing him when we do actually need a winger and probably end up not getting one in the end this season.

They've already funded the Mbappe transfer with Danilo and Morata. And since when did Madrid become a poor club? Since when do they need to balance the books as if they were beggers on the street? They've been top 2 richest clubs in the last 10 years.

They've already funded the Mbappe transfer with Danilo and Morata. And since when did Madrid become a poor club? Since when do they need to balance the books as if they were beggers on the street? They've been top 2 richest clubs in the last 10 years.

Point.. but, Madrid do actually have a net debt of around 250million half of what ours is but still debt.. FFP, etc... but I did forget about players they've sold already when typing that. I don't think Bale will join United but could understand if Madrid do decide to cash in considering his injuries over recent seasons and the fact he'd still command a decent sale fee.

Point.. but, Madrid do actually have a net debt of around 250million half of what ours is but still debt.. FFP, etc... but I did forget about players they've sold already when typing that. I don't think Bale will join United but could understand if Madrid do decide to cash in considering his injuries over recent seasons and the fact he'd still command a decent sale fee.

I think people are missing the point here, on why Bale may leave. It's nothing to do with him wanting to go, nothing to do with Madrid needing the money to fund Mbappe, probably nothing to even do with his injuries (he's been a good luck charm since he's been there. Look at how many CL' they've won in that period), it's about making room for Mbappe.

When Bale was missing last season, a lot of times due to injury, it was Isco who predominantly took his place. He played great. Back up was Asensio, who was also good. So, there are two players ready and waiting to take over Bale. Madrid would get the same, if not more, for what they paid for Bale. Makes sense.

Why will they not sell Benzema? He's their only recognised striker. So even if Mbappe did come in, they would still need a back up, especially as Morata has gone.

Hopefully, the situation all clarified! :)

not true...

From the general assembly of real madrid, held by the board in October 2016:

"It was unveiled that the clubs current net debt is a negative 13 million euros which means Los Blancos are owed more money than they owe.

The gross debt as of July 30, 2016 is listed at 235m euros; consisting of 82m owed to banking entities and 153m in investments in players and facilities.

On the other hand, there is 211m stored at the treasurers office plus an extra 59m pending on player sales."

We have no fear of FFP at all.

I think people are missing the point here, on why Bale may leave. It's nothing to do with him wanting to go, nothing to do with Madrid needing the money to fund Mbappe, probably nothing to even do with his injuries (he's been a good luck charm since he's been there. Look at how many CL' they've won in that period), it's about making room for Mbappe.

When Bale was missing last season, a lot of times due to injury, it was Isco who predominantly took his place. He played great. Back up was Asensio, who was also good. So, there are two players ready and waiting to take over Bale. Madrid would get the same, if not more, for what they paid for Bale. Makes sense.

Why will they not sell Benzema? He's their only recognised striker. So even if Mbappe did come in, they would still need a back up, especially as Morata has gone.

Hopefully, the situation all clarified! :)
Yeah, exactly. Mbappe wouldn't come if there is no room up front at RM. They definitely need to get one of BBC out and Bale is the best candidate at the moment.

not true...

"It was unveiled that the clubs current net debt is a negative 13 million euros which means Los Blancos are owed more money than they owe.

The gross debt as of July 30, 2016 is listed at 235m euros; consisting of 82m owed to banking entities and 153m in investments in players and facilities.

On the other hand, there is 211m stored at the treasurers office plus an extra 59m pending on player sales."

I think you're mixing up net debt with gross debt, but the point is correct. We have no problem financially or with FFP and we probably don't need to sell anyone to fund a deal for Mbappé. It's a problem of overbooking, not money

Why are people calling Bale a mercenary?! That word has lost all meaning on here now. Is it because he likes to get money? Or because he plays for Madrid?
Leaving Spurs for Madrid is THE classic mercenary move.

Can fully see this happening. Madrid want Mbappe and he's only moving if one of BBC gets sold. Ronnie is going nowhere and Benzema is a Zidane favourite.

Bale will be forced out and it'll be us that picks him up due to Woodwards insistence in big names

I think you're mixing up net debt with gross debt, but the point is correct. We have no problem financially or with FFP and we probably don't need to sell anyone to fund a deal for Mbappé. It's a problem of overbooking, not money

From the finacial report released by Real Madrid, so no I'm not.

I'd rather we didn't, in a long-term perspective. We'd have a Rooneyesque situtation in a year or two, but even more expensive. I know we need serious help in attack, but I'm not sold on this one ... Would prefer if RM are stuck with him :devil:

I think he'll stay at Madrid, I just don't see us signing him. At 28 with his Injuries, I'm not sure. Especially given he'll cost anywhere between £80-100m. I'd rather we try for Griezmann next summer.

Who's really going to spend big money on Benzema though? No top tier club will want him.

Really? He has held down the strikers position for longer than most strikers ever have done at Madrid. Personally even though he has done that he isnt quite the player I thought he would become, but he is certainly a very very good one and still one of the top strikers in Europe.

Seeing fees spent on Morata and Lukaku already for example, why do you not think Benzema would bring in a good fee, even at 29. If at 28 Matic and Perisic are being touted at 40/50m, what would that make Benzema worth?

Really? He has held down the strikers position for longer than most strikers ever have done at Madrid. Personally even though he has done that he isnt quite the player I thought he would become, but he is certainly a very very good one and still one of the top strikers in Europe.

Seeing fees spent on Morata and Lukaku already for example, why do you not think Benzema would bring in a good fee, even at 29. If at 28 Matic and Perisic are being touted at 40/50m, what would that make Benzema worth?

40/50m if your stupid. He's 29 years old Morata and Lukaku's price is on potential. Aubameyang is a year younger and offers more goals but yet the football world was not willing to spend the money quoted for him so I don't get why Benzema becomes worth that.

Does anyone else find themself on the fence about this one? Just can't make up my mind at all. Hmmm....
Although most authorities agree that it isn’t currently part of the repertoire of accepted reflexive pronouns, themself is by no means a rarity in today’s English. There are 532 examples of this word on the Oxford English Corpus (OEC): it’s found in all types of writing, from media reports and blogs to academic texts.

I don't think he is world class. And no, we don't know what will happen but he has had injury problems and will cost a bomb. I've never been a fan of Bale and rather we look elsewhere and/or go back for Griezmann next year.

I can understand not wanting him due to the fee or his age, or even his injury record, but he is undoubtedly world class.

It's wouldn't turn us in to CL contenders. But I would turn us in to title contenders.

I think we'd both agree that the main issue for United last season was putting the ball in the back of the net, signing Lukaku has helped rectify the problem somewhat but not entirely. The signing of Bale would literally transform us from a competitive premier league team to CL contenders instantly.

Think of the possibilities. Bale, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Miki and Ibra in a front 3 of varying combinations would be, in my opinion anyway, the best forward line we have had since the late 90's. We have everything we could possibly need, a fantastic mix of experience and youth, pace and power, creativity and guile, the list is endless.

If his injury issues are deemed to be not too concerning (massive IF admittedly), then I'd be all over this.

He's always seemed like a typical United player to me.

Does anyone else find themself on the fence about this one? Just can't make up my mind at all. Hmmm....
Although most authorities agree that it isn’t currently part of the repertoire of accepted reflexive pronouns, themself is by no means a rarity in today’s English. There are 532 examples of this word on the Oxford English Corpus (OEC): it’s found in all types of writing, from media reports and blogs to academic texts.

Wanted to see white text. :)

not true...

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/clubs-with-the-most-debt/

Let's quote the article.
"$250 million approx (Madrid has more debt than just $250m. But non of their net debt falls into FIFA fair-play regulations.)"

So it would be interesting to dig into their financial statements to understand what is that net debt that doesn't fall into FIFA fair-play regulations...

Edit: apparently, the 2 Spanish clubs are not ran in the same way as United is.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-Barca-and-Real-Madrid-survive-with-over-half-a-billion-in-debt

But I'd be interested to know how the person responding found out about the debts as the link he provided is not really working.

He said:
"More in particular, Real Madrid owes around 750MM and FC Barcelona 530MM".

Last edited:
Be it bale, Neymar, a. Sanchez, Vidal, o. Dembele or someone else for that matter - we always see "he doesn't want to come" thing. Are we a second tier team or what? It is Manchester United, not some lowly club, why on earth a player "100% doesn't want to come"?

If you are a Madrid player getting reasonable amount of game time, there is no way that that player would want to leave...for any team.
Then there was Morata, who did actually want out because he was sick and tired of being on the bench.
I can't think of any other players who willingly left or wanted to leave Madrid.

The other thing is that each of their players who are in their first team are superior to our players, in every position, Pogba and DDG excepted.
So, in a way, compared to Madrid, we are definitely at least a tier below. After all, we are a 6th place team in the EPL. I know it sucks...but that's what we are. Sorry man.

Yes what a punishment for Real, to have too many world class attacking talents.

It would most likely mean they can't sign Mbappe then if reports are true, so yes, it would be a punishment.

I've also never heard of him being interested in United, and if he grudgingly is banished from his beloved Madrid, how motivated would he be elsewhere ... Didn't Jose say he only wants players who are keen to play for us? Well, Bale isn't one.

It's wouldn't turn us in to CL contenders. But I would turn us in to title contenders.

Agreed, but it would depend on the number of games he actually plays.
The only problem I have with him is that he doesn't play enough games.
Whenever I see Madrid, Bale is either injured or returning from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.