Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent saying he doesn't want to leave isn't the same as it's not going to happen. If Real push him out they have to pay up his 'loyalty' bonuses etc. If deal doesn't happen then he saves face with the fans.

Tbh, I thought his agent's words were quite rude. I'd be over the moon if this happened, just can't see him leaving this summer. He will stay and fight and then do a James Rodriguez next season when he realises its' futile.

When you measure his time at Madrid against the expectation when they signed him, it's been unsuccessful. Hopefully this comes as a massive reality check to the guy.

Personally i hope we stay well away.
It definitely hasn't. He's scored over 1 in every 2 games, scored in cup finals and won absolutely everything. It hasn't been a success compared to somebody like Ronaldo but to call it unsuccessful is ridiculous.

When you measure his time at Madrid against the expectation when they signed him, it's been unsuccessful. Hopefully this comes as a massive reality check to the guy.

really, maybe in that he's been injured, but performance wise, he's on a goal per 2 games playing from the wing. If a striker has that record that's impressive, never mind a winger.

When he has played he's been mostly brilliant. He's a fantastic player.

So does anyone really not want Bale at United? Yes he's had some injuries (but that's what medicals are for) but his stats are phenomenal and age wise he's coming into his peak.

He's won just about everything in the game, has bags of experience and is proven on the biggest stage both club and international level.

He would absolutely tear up the PL and lift our attack to a whole new level. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their head a wobble.

So does anyone really not want Bale at United? Yes he's had some injuries (but that's what medicals are for) but his stats are phenomenal and age wise he's coming into his peak.

He's won just about everything in the game, has bags of experience and is proven on the biggest stage both club and international level.

He would absolutely tear up the PL and lift our attack to a whole new level. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their head a wobble.

I want him here but it seems he is desperate to stay at Real. His agent confirmed it.

Why we shouldn't sign him:
1. He doesn't want to move.
2. He is injury prone.
3. He will cost a lot.
4. He will keep Jones happy in the hospital.

Why we should:
1. He will sell a lot of shirts.
2. He will solve left wing problem.
3. A proper set piece taker.
4. To take piss out of Spurs fans.
5. Get a proper heir for the no.7 jersey.

Neymar wants to leave to become the best in the world.
Bale is happy to be benched in a CL final in Cardiff

Neymar wants to leave to become the best in the world.
Bale is happy to be benched in a CL final in Cardiff

Well to that I can say:

1) Neymar wants to become the best in the world by joining a league which that title won't ever be given to him
2) Bale was just on his way back from injury

@Pexbo
Nothing he has said or done since the final has indicated his unhappiness about the situation.
Didnt Berbatov leave because he was dropped v Barca?
No global star who wants to become the worlds best would ever accept what happened.

@Pexbo
Nothing he has said or done since the final has indicated his unhappiness about the situation.
Didnt Berbatov leave because he was dropped v Barca?
No global star who wants to become the worlds best would ever accept what happened.

So because he was professional about it and didn't kick up a fuss he was happy with it? It would make him a better person if he now threw his toys out the pram and demanded a move away from a club that just won back to back CLs?

Get a grip.

I actually think there's a decent chance of this happening. The Spanish press are rounding on him, we desperately need a winger/2nd forward. The only sticking point will be the price as he's obviously not worth as much as Madrid will be asking. It might take all summer but I reckon we've got a chance.

I actually think there's a decent chance of this happening. The Spanish press are rounding on him, we desperately need a winger/2nd forward. The only sticking point will be the price as he's obviously not worth as much as Madrid will be asking. It might take all summer but I reckon we've got a chance.
Nah. I think it's a nothing story. Easy link as United have been in for Bale previously and Bale isn't a guaranteed starter for Madrid. Also things are very quiet on the United front so the press need something to focus on. But if you actually look deeper Bale seems very happy at Madrid. I think it's a completely made up story.

Nah. I think it's a nothing story. Easy link as United have been in for Bale previously and Bale isn't a guaranteed starter for Madrid. Also things are very quiet on the United front so the press need something to focus on. But if you actually look deeper Bale seems very happy at Madrid. I think it's a completely made up story.

Well it's not made up that the Spanish press are rounding on him, is it? That's the only thing I'm basing this on. Makes me think Madrid want to cash-in.

The optimistic point of view would be he wants a pay off so is keeping quiet.

So because he was professional about it and didn't kick up a fuss he was happy with it? It would make him a better person if he now threw his toys out the pram and demanded a move away from a club that just won back to back CLs?

Get a grip.
It tells me he's happy to just be part of the squad. It tells me he has no desire to reach up and become the main man of an elite club.
Not only was he dropped, he's apparently the sacrificial lamb to raise funds for Mbappe if they can sort out a deal with Monaco.
But still he's happy, no intention of leaving, not even listening to offers.
He doesn't have to leave and its good for him to love life at Madrid, just don't tell me he has any desire or hunger to rise above from where he is right now.
The club that signs Neymar gets a hungry player willing to take risks to prove to the world he's a worthy rival to Messi etc. Bale is comfortable at a club that has told him he's Ronaldo's heir when he retires. There's a massive difference there.

It tells me he's happy to just be part of the squad. It tells me he has no desire to reach up and become the main man of an elite club.
Not only was he dropped, he's apparently the sacrificial lamb to raise funds for Mbappe if they can sort out a deal with Monaco.
He doesn't have to leave and its good for him to love life at Madrid, just don't tell me he has any desire or hunger to rise above from where he is right now.
The club that signs Neymar gets a hungry player willing to take risks to prove to the world he's a worthy rival to Messi etc. Bale is comfortable at a club that has told him he's Ronaldo's heir when he retires. There's a massive difference there.
yeah what a waster

Neymar is clearly better than Bale, so comparing the two is moronic to me in the first place. But no, Neymar is moving for money and to party (to me). He'll be able to live his rockstar lifestyle easier in Paris than the expectations that come at Barcelona. Bale may value winning more than some superfluous identity of being a club's "main man".

Dont want an injury plagued mercenary. He's turned us down twice already, he clearly isn't interested in coming here. Coming to us would be a drop down in his eyes. I want a player with a fire and determination in them, a drive to make this club the best. He would just be turning out for 90 minutes each game, and if he loses? Oh well big deal. I would be underwhelmed.

Dont want an injury plagued mercenary. He's turned us down twice already, he clearly isn't interested in coming here. Coming to us would be a drop down in his eyes. I want a player with a fire and determination in them, a drive to make this club the best. He would just be turning out for 90 minutes each game, and if he loses? Oh well big deal. I would be underwhelmed.
ADM all over again. Question is, if he came, what club would he feck off to the next year?

Personally with Ronaldo as more of a striker I would think if one Real player goes it would be Benzema anyway not Bale?

Personally with Ronaldo as more of a striker I would think if one Real player goes it would be Benzema anyway not Bale?

Who's really going to spend big money on Benzema though? No top tier club will want him.

There's isn't really a realistic chance of him coming but if there is, yes, there's risks attached (injuries basically) but hell, you take the chance. We need to take a few chances and hit to get back to the top. Being too pragmatic won't win us a title.

Bale isn't going to leave Madrid... unless they force him out to fund the Mbappe deal... We're going to waste this window chasing him when we do actually need a winger and probably end up not getting one in the end this season.

Thing is some players are just injury prone. Medicals can do as much.

The bolded part can be something serious. Not every player keeps their fire burning winning everything. Bale by the sound of Castle & now his agent, he's content being at Madrid even if his place is under threat. It has the Di Maria feel to it. Being motivated is huge part to bring out the talent in full. If Bale's not 100% motivated, I would say we stay clear, since back to initial point, he may not work hard enough to overcome his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.