Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd be mugs to sign him now. Real fecked up giving him an insane contract until 2022 last October and they know it, and are hoping we're stupid enough to take him off their hands. We'd basically be paying for Real's mistake.

Let's hope we are stupid enough.

Ofcourse they are. Isco has done brilliantly in his absence and they're about to add Mbappe who wants one of the BBC off before joining. Bale is easily the best bet to get rid off especially when you consider the mental money he's on.

Where do you think his realistic destination is?

Man City - I can't see Pep wanting him at all.

Arsenal - Kroenke would never sanction the deal with the figures involved. They can hardly keep Sanchez and Ozil, never mind signing Bale. Also no CL football.

Liverpool - Again, he'll shatter their whole wage structure.

Spurs - See above

Chelsea - I could see Chelsea being interested in him. I think their right wing could do an upgrade. I mean it's already quite good with Pedro and Willian but Bale would elevate them to a whole new level.

Barca - No way Madrid sells Bale to Barca.

PSG - They're after Neymar and Sanchez. I suppose they could end Sanzhez interest and go for Bale instead.

So that leaves 2 potential clubs who could but probably won't go for Bale.

If he leaves, I honestly only see him ending up here.

Where do you think his realistic destination?

Arsenal - Kroenke would never sanction the deal with the figures involved. They can hardly keep Sanchez and Ozil, never mind signing Bale. Also no CL football.

Spurs - See above

Chelsea - I could see Chelsea being interested in him. I think their right wing could do an upgrade. I mean it's already quite good with Pedro and Willian but Bale would elevate them to a whole new level.

PSG - They're after Neymar and Sanchez. I suppose they could end Sanzhez interest and go for Bale instead.

Yes, we'd be frontrunners to sign him if he's moving. As someone said though, Real fecked up by offering him the crazy wages he's on. We'd be giving them an out of jail card and then some.

Yes, we'd be frontrunners to sign him if he's moving. As someone said though, Real fecked up by offering him the crazy wages he's on. We'd be giving them an out of jail card and then some.

Why did they give him that contract, though? It's not as if they didn't know his injury concerns. They obviously had plans for him.

Perez was asking for at least 80-90mil euro from us for their reserve striker in Morata. Good luck trying to get one of the BBC from him. Perez clearly dislike us because of DDG saga and see us as biggest threat to be the biggest club in the world.

I get it that we are the richest club in the world but we're not fool to spend such obscene amount of money on a 28 years old, injury prone, declining player. This is not the way to build a team.

Perez was asking for at least 80-90mil euro from us for their reserve striker in Morata. Good luck trying to get one of the BBC from him. Perez clearly dislike us because of DDG saga and see us as biggest threat to be the biggest club in the world.

I get it that we are the richest club in the world but we're not fool to spend such obscene amount of money on a 28 years old, injury prone, declining player. This is not the way to build a team.

That's true. If Bale comes it'll be £100-110 million at least. Or they'll want De Gea in the deal.

Aye but he had injury concerns before last year so I don't know what they were thinking.
Yeah, fair enough but given he had a good record till then, you can forgive them for thinking the season was a one off. It's the repeat last year that raises concern.

Yeah, fair enough but given he had a good record till then, you can forgive them for thinking the season was a one off. It's the repeat last year that raises concern.

Yeah fair enough.

Why did they give him that contract, though? It's not as if they didn't know his injury concerns. They obviously had plans for him.
When the deal was agreed(summer 2016) he'd put together a balon d'or worthy half year, including the euros...

As for injuries, well, we hoped he could stay fit

When the deal was agreed(summer 2016) he'd put together a balon d'or worthy half year, including the euros...

As for injuries, well, we hoped he could stay fit

Right okay. Fair one.

How much do you think Flo will ask for Bale?

I don't think he considers selling Bale right now. But if it comes to that, no less than €120/150M

I don't think he considers selling Bale right now. But if it comes to that, no less than €120/150M
The problem with that is that Bale will only get sold if you guys actively want him sold. That weakens your bargaining position a lot, combined with his injury issues. As such I think your lower estimate of €120m is closest. Obviously still a very good amount, but a fully fit Bale would be worth a lot more than that these days.

Will playing in the super cup mean he'll be cup tied? If so, we'll know in 10 days if Madrid really want to sell him..

Looking at the stories, it looks like they're pushing him out now, definitely.

They use the same tactic every time they want a high profile player out.

Opinion pieces pop out in the Spanish media to rattle the cage but they use plausible deniability when the Pres and manager come out and say they'd like the players to stay whilst they are the ones briefing the 'football journalists'.

Believe they did it with Di Maria and Oezil.

Looking at the stories, it looks like they're pushing him out now, definitely.

They use the same tactic every time they want a high profile player out.

Opinion pieces pop out in the Spanish media to rattle the cage but they use plausible deniability when the Pres and manager come out and say they'd like the players to stay whilst they are the ones briefing the 'football journalists'.

Believe they did it with Di Maria and Oezil.

The strange thing being of course that seemingly the majority of the fan base wanted those two players to stay. I'm not sure if it'll be quite the same scenario with Bale.

Perez needs to be careful on this one, we probably are the only realistic destination for Bale and his brand. Based on the contract they gave him, I would say the ball is in our court. He isn't a necessity for us and if they don't sell at 28, his value will rapidly diminish, especially if he has another injury hit season. It's alright his agent saying he's happy in Madrid but once the club decide they don't want him, he's a goner. I can definitely see this happening.

Some of the justifications made to buy Bale are hilarious. The desperation for a galactico stinks.

He's a crock for feck sake, at Real Madrid. If he can only get fit for half of Real's game, expect him to be fit for far less with United's injury record.

It'd be even stupider business than Schweinsteiger.

Some of the justifications made to buy Bale are hilarious. The desperation for a galactico stinks.

He's a crock for feck sake, at Real Madrid. If he can only get fit for half of Real's game, expect him to be fit for far less with United's injury record.

It'd be even stupider business than Schweinsteiger.
I see your point.

If he were a United player right now and Sir Alex the United manager, I kind of feel Sir Alex would sell him this Summer. He was always quite brilliant at timing a big sale (except for Stam)

Over the next couple of years, he will probably decline rapidly.

Transfers will always play with the imagination though. IF a club can get Bale fit to play a whole season, they'll have some player on their hands for a while.

Basically as everyone says, a fully fit Gareth Bale would be worth a world record fee and would be incredible for us. A crocked Bale would be a huge waste of money. I'm not sure what everyone thinks, if we hypothetically had him fit for 70% of our games would he be worth it?

Basically as everyone says, a fully fit Gareth Bale would be worth a world record fee and would be incredible for us. A crocked Bale would be a huge waste of money. I'm not sure what everyone thinks, if we hypothetically had him fit for 70% of our games would he be worth it?

Yes, with the current state of our squad, I'd take him for 50% of our games honestly.

The most he's scored in a season (for Real) is 22 goals in 44 apps, in 2013/14. Other than that his totals are 17 goals in 48 apps in 14/15, 19 in 31 in 15/16, and 9 in 27 last season. And that's for a Real Madrid side that's scoring goals for fun. Hardly that impressive, and certainly shouldn't merit the kind of sums that would be needed to bring him here. Not to mention the fact that he's progressively played less and less games because of injuries these past few years.

Yes the desperation for match winners and game changing players is truly ridiculous behaviour, what has this place come to.
Well blow the £100m on a healthy Sanchez at two thirds of the salary

Too expensive for a player that is realtively injury prone. I'd rather use that money on Ousmane Dembele.

If we could, we'd have bought him by now, it's quite clearly not a goer.
We don't even know if Jose is interested in Sanchez.

My point is, there is far better value for money out there without the frustrations of injuries.

Spurs - See above

I agree with this analysis. Also Bayern would not pay such wages and transfer fees.

It is a gamble of course. On the other hand if he stayed fit he would immediately make us PL favorites and we would have realistic chances to reach the last 8 or even 4 in the CL.

Wouldn't be surprised if Madrid tried to offload him this transfer window. In his four seasons at Madrid he has been pretty underwhelming considering the transfer fee and wages he's on. At 28yrs old this is the right time for Madrid to sell because next season his value will have dropped quite considerably.

Spurs - See above

I stopped reading when Liverpool was part of your analysis. Thats just ridiculous.

Why is this thread so active? His agent has said its' a no-go right? Anything I am missing?

Agent saying he doesn't want to leave isn't the same as it's not going to happen. If Real push him out they have to pay up his 'loyalty' bonuses etc. If deal doesn't happen then he saves face with the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.