Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully that survey by Real for their public is the start of a get out campaign against him

Would love to see Gareth Bale tearing it up at OT
With the way things have been going, all we would want to tear is the contract we would give him if he does come.

He doesnt want to leave Madrid, he would cost a crazy amount of money plus his injury record make this a bit less appealing of a transfer to me.
Having said that a fit Bale is the missing link that could lead us to the league title.

Im sure Robben and Sneijder didnt want to leave Madrid either but both excelled after leaving.

I am really surprised that Real fans would prefer to sell Bale and pay 180 Mio for an 18 yrs old with one great season.

Hopefully Perez thinks the same way and sends Bale into our direction.

I am really surprised that Real fans would prefer to sell Bale and pay 180 Mio for an 18 yrs old with one great season.

Real fans know that Perez will squeeze 100M from any Bale deal.

I dont really think they care though

So, Bale is a smokescreen for whom? It's like Russian nesting dolls...smokescreens on top of smokescreens, etc.

Bale is 28 and Mbappé 18. In addition Isco took his place in the line up, and possibly Asensio/Theo will compete in the future too. His performances have been good but not proportional to the 17m€ net that he earns.
Perhaps in another era would have been an inasumable risk, but the two consecutive European cups bring much peace, and encourage the club to continue with the project of bringing together the best young talents in the world, although on the other hand, as some journalist has said, a new top player might suppose breaking the "ecosystem" of the squad

Mourinho would welcome Bale's addition to a group that he believes has “to be better, much better” to compete on a level footing with the Champions League's “top teams”, sources say he does not expect United to exploit Madrid's willingness to cash in on the Wales international.

Sounds like a deliberately planted story from Mourinho about United unwillingness to spend that kind of cash.

I'd say Madrid will want £120mill+ for him.

If he is available, He is the best winger/attacking player who we could buy in this transfer window.

Signing Bale would be better than bringing Ronaldo back.

There, i've said it.

Id be really pleased if we signed him but looking at this logically he'd cost £100m+, is a 28 year old winger and only plays half a season because of injuries. If thats what we're after then we could pick up marco reus for much less.

Id be really pleased if we signed him but looking at this logically he'd cost £100m+, is a 28 year old winger and only plays half a season because of injuries. If thats what we're after then we could pick up marco reus for much less.
Because Marco Reus isn't also 28, would be cheap as chips and is never injured.

Because Marco Reus isn't also 28, would be cheap as chips and is never injured.
I cant tell if youre being sarcastic or indeed what your point is. Marco reus is 28, is frequently injured (21 appearances last season) and would be half bales price at most, not that im advocating buying him.

In my opinion Ousmane Dembele is superior to Bale right now. We've only lost one player to Madrid who made it no secret as a teenager that he'd like to play in La Liga at some stage and that was for £80m in one instalment in 2009.

I'm not talking in terms of the weather and it being a dream or talking about in terms of them being a better team right now. We have enough youth to develop we need an established SS/Winger not a kid with sometimish end product. Bale can come here and score 20 goals next season. Dembele can't.

I'm not talking in terms of the weather and it being a dream or talking about in terms of them being a better team right now. We have enough youth to develop we need an established SS/Winger not a kid with sometimish end product. Bale can come here and score 20 goals next season. Dembele can't.
There's no guarantee Bale will play 20 games for us, never mind score 20 goals

In my opinion Ousmane Dembele is superior to Bale right now. We've only lost one player to Madrid who made it no secret as a teenager that he'd like to play in La Liga at some stage and that was for £80m in one instalment in 2009.

Feck sake, the hyperbole over kids. Bale might be a crock, but he's been there and done that. Last thing we need is to buy Dembele and watch him score just 1-5 goals all season while everyone gets excited over some dribbles or footwork and claim he will come good. By which time, we will still be in transition.

Ditto for Weigl. He gets talked about as though he would be the next coming of Busquets while Matic suddenly becomes a human sieve who can't make a tackle in comparison to him.

Dembele, Weigl, etc are hipster signings. Experienced managers are not falling over themselves to get these kids, for obvious reasons. They may come good, but we need more proof of that, and as for United, we need instant impact.

We're in a slightly strange world where a fair amount of posters are "don't want, he's 28 & only plays 31 games a year".

He's still comfortably in the world's elite, and if available, and most importantly if he's interested then we have to move for him.

He'd immediately make us into title challengers and scare the bejesus out of the opposition. He's that good.

I've always thought this had potential to develop into something following the end to Real's season last year. Bale just seems surplus and then you see them relentlessly chasing Mbappe. Bale just doesn't fit anymore. His wages are huge. I wouldn't rule this out by any means. If it does happen I think it will be near to deadline day though (pretty sure Real will be pushing to have de Gea included in the deal). Also, I don't see him costing more than £100m. I think he could move for about £80m which would definitely be worth it for one of the best players in the world.

Feck sake, the hyperbole over kids. Bale might be a crock, but he's been there and done that. Last thing we need is to buy Dembele and watch him score just 1-5 goals all season while everyone gets excited over some dribbles or footwork and claim he will come good. By which time, we will still be in transition.

Ditto for Weigl. He gets talked about as though he would be the next coming of Busquets while Matic suddenly becomes a human sieve who can't make a tackle in comparison to him.

Dembele, Weigl, etc are hipster signings. Experienced managers are not falling over themselves to get these kids, for obvious reasons. They may come good, but we need more proof of that, and as for United, we need instant impact.
Hyperbole? I was against the signing of Depay when most on here were being led a merry dance by NL MAX on here. I'd like to see us sign 28yr old Perisic which also goes against the popular opinion on here.

Ousmane Dembele is ready to produce now and will absolutely explode in the future.

Hyperbole? I was against the signing of Depay when most on here were being led a merry dance by NL MAX on here. I'd like to see us sign 28yr old Perisic which also goes against the popular opinion on here.

Ousmane Dembele is ready to produce now and will absolutely explode in the future.

Dembele's great but it's definitely hyperbole to suggest he's better than Bale at this point

It's so quiet on the transfer front people in here need to bump up this non event. This is a non event too, Bale doesn't want to leave and showed no desire to come here. Zidane's comments are vague, he clearly doesn't control the transfer side of things at the club. Real didn't want to sell Morata to us, even though he wanted to come and they didn't mind him leaving. People looking at the possible signing of Mbappe, 2 plus 2= 40 in here. Speaking of numbers, hypothetically how much would Bale cost in this market?Considering how much they wanted for Morata. Ain't happening!

Dembele's great but it's definitely hyperbole to suggest he's better than Bale at this point
I think he's better than Bale at certain facets of the game already. I'd love to see his ambidextrous style at OT over Bale.

Hang on, are we all just accepting that some bloke from Anderlecht would improve us now?
Kompany, Lukaku were all once just some bloke from Anderlecht. De Bruyne used to be some
bloke from Genk, he is doing alright now isn't he? Watch Barca bid 80 million for
Tielemans in a few years time.

Signing Bale would be better than bringing Ronaldo back.

There, i've said it.

Not quite, but it'd be exciting.
I'm pretty certain the actual match going fans would go off their nut to see Bale in our shirt, whereas on this forum it's like we're discussing bringing Obertan's less talented much older brother in.

On what planet is 27-28 years too old for a player?
We'd atleast get 5 great years of him.

He doesnt want to leave Madrid, he would cost a crazy amount of money plus his injury record make this a bit less appealing of a transfer to me.
Having said that a fit Bale is the missing link that could lead us to the league title.

Im sure Robben and Sneijder didnt want to leave Madrid either but both excelled after leaving.
You think there's only one missing link?

Status
Not open for further replies.