Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is up for sale, then it's slightly irrelevant how he feels.

We aren't talking about some who want settle, just sounds like we are being tight and Jose is trying to force the issue.
It's absolutely relevant given its him that's going to play for us on the pitch, not the cheque we hand over to Real.

Why would Mourinho want a "mouthpiece" that works at the Daily Record? Or at least releases most of his United based articles on there?

I know that he also works for the Times, but surely Mourinho would want a mouthpiece that writes consistently for a top selling paper?

It will be difficult for Bale to leave Real, even to Utd, they are on a completely different level to us, picking up CL's for fun - perhaps why Jose wants to talk to him, sell him the 'project'.

Though, I still see the article as a challenge to the Glazers to push the boat out for him - presumably this is why Perisic hasn't signed yet, and the optimist in me thinks we are working on something.
Yeah, I'm sure we are.

I thought he was 26 but he turned 28 this month. Even if he were available, is it worth spending 100m on someone who is injury prone and hasn't showed any real sign of top form for the last 18 months?

No expert on what we can and can't afford but his wages make him different than just a big money transfer.

We've sliced 300k from Rooney, plus an extra 400-450k from Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin & Memphis.
I'm anticipating Ibra will be re-signed so i'm not including his 350k either.

Again, we can comfortably afford him.

We've sliced 300k from Rooney, plus an extra 400-450k from Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin & Memphis.
I'm anticipating Ibra will be re-signed so i'm not including his 350k either.

Again, we can comfortably afford him.
Yes, we can. I wasn't saying we can't afford him, it was in reference to 2 Bales this summer, 3 more the next etc.

Who the hell would take Benzema? I can't think of obvious takers off the top of my head.
He still could face a lenghty blackmail trial as well
http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/sports/2017/07/11/benzema-wins-court-battle-sex-tape/
still going through appeal
Could PSG be an option (if they dont get Neymar)
Spurs - they have some cash - would depend if they wanted to switch to 2 up front?
But not too many clubs with CL football (which you would imagine he wants) the money and prestige

I hate that they call them 'the BBC'. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't have to resort to calling Ronaldo by his first name in order to make it work. I mean, it could have been 'BRB'. At least it would have made sense...
So calling Cristiano by his first name is wrong, but calling him by his middle name is fine? :smirk:

It's absolutely relevant given its him that's going to play for us on the pitch, not the cheque we hand over to Real.

My point is, yes he might love Madrid and in an ideal world won't want to leave, even to us, why would he... But if he is for sale, then that changes everything, he is still an elite level player and won't want to be stuck on the bench.

He would give everything for us on the pitch, yet, it seems we won't spend even if he is available which shows a huge lack of ambition.

If Castles is saying it then its from Jose.
Unless Jose has said that to Castles to make us all think it ain't happening because everybody thinks that if Castles says it it must be coming from Jose himself, like a double bluff, like what them spies do an that.

Yes, we can. I wasn't saying we can't afford him, it was in reference to 2 Bales this summer, 3 more the next etc.

Ah, got it, I was being purposely obtuse just to illustrate a point :D
Money isn't the concern in this transfer

I'd rather us give big money to Dortmund for Ousmane Dembele who will be absolutely electric at OT if we got him.

Yep just take him 3years to be worth the money. By then 3 successful seasons of mediocrity as a club waiting for him to be the finished product Madrid sniff around him and get his best years. I'll stick to Bale.

I just think for a player who's 28, is coming back to the EPL for the first time in a long time, has a game built around power and speed, and who has had niggling injuries for a while, it's too much money.

At 50 million, you take the gamble. At the numbers being mentioned, I think it's silly. That said, with him on the right side we instantly become a much more powerful and threatening team - but for how long? You worry that if he doesn't jump out the blocks this season, picks up a few injuries. and stumbles into next season via the Euros (if they get there) aged 29, how much use is he really going to be? Are we just going to end up with another Rooney?

Unless Jose has said that to Castles to make us all think it ain't happening because everybody thinks that if Castles says it it must be coming from Jose himself, like a double bluff, like what them spies do an that.

The crux of the latest Dunc article focuses more on Bale's unwillingness to move rather than Ed's reluctance to deal with Madrid. Jose released a similar leak for Ronaldo. Basically, if he feels there is little hope while trying, he hurries to douse the flames before the club gets embarrassed.

Its' a good tactic. My takeway from that article is that if Bale agrees wholeheartedly to move, our interest would also increase. Basically, we won't bid for him just because Madrid put him on the market if he does not wish to move --- it would create a di Maria mk2 situation.

I thought he was 26 but he turned 28 this month. Even if he were available, is it worth spending 100m on someone who is injury prone and hasn't showed any real sign of top form for the last 18 months?

He was on top form at the euros. It's simple. He can instantly take us to another level if he stays fit.

Would blow open our entire wage structure and soon we'd have the likes of Pogba come knocking for the same.

Also the injuries and transfer fee it would take.

Not worth it at all.

If we are unwilling to pay the going wage for the best British player, we are essentially unwilling to ever have elite players.

The going rate for the absolute elite players is £600k-1m.

We should have at least one or two elite players ("biggest sports brand in world" bs). So we should be willing to pay that.

Stop wasing your time folks, he is going nowhere.

That Castles article is so weak.

Everything suggests we would be all over Bale if he was available.

Nothing suggests he is.

That Castles article is so weak.

Everything suggests we would be all over Bale if he was available.

Nothing suggests he is.
Well the Spanish press are reporting 1 will have to be sold to make room for Mbappe. Isco seems ahead of him right now, I think Madrid will happily move him on and replace him.

If they do get Mbappe at some point in this window, then I feel the sale of Bale will become a neccesity rather than an option.

Get the feeling it will cost us £100m+ to make it happen either way.

This link to him doesn't make any sense. First of all, Perez hates us. Why would he want to sell Bale to us?

The guy is on a massive 5 year contract. His wage demands will be insane. If Perez wanted 80m for Morata, I can imagine he would ask 120m+ for Bale. Also the player probably does not want to leave Madrid, so question marks about the mentality if he does come here.

Spending 120m+ on a 28 year old who relies a lot on his physical attributes, who is also injury prone, is not good business.

Having said all that, if he does end up coming here , I'd be ecstatic. But I don't think he will be leaving Madrid.

Good, enough of the nonsense.
Madrid are using Bale as they did with Navas, as soon as it becomes clear they can't get their man they will proclaim their absolute trust in Bale and he is why they decided against signing Mbappe.
Always Madrids choice.

Am i the only one who read that article as united don't have enough budget left for Bale due to Glazers want to take home a hefty profit this season?

Am i the only one who read that article as united don't have enough budget left for Bale due to Glazers want to take home a hefty profit this season?
Yeah I think Castles said the same previously on an Mbappe related article. He said that the Glazers are trying to make profit, while PSG's and City's owners are trying to make the club elite by spending.

I see nothing in that article about profit?
If it were we wouldn't be spending 200m odd this summer

That is one of the worst articles I've read and that takes some beating with some of the utter shite written by so called sports journo's.

If Bale is truly for sale, I can't imagine for a second we wouldn't be in for him.

Yeah but no reports that Bale was for sale had surfaced yet.
They've been talking junk for a while now about how one of the BBC will have to be sold to make room for Mbappe. That's all this is, IMO.

I see nothing in that article about profit?
If it were we wouldn't be spending 200m odd this summer
That's what i inferred from it. Current budget's tight for a LW and DM after signing lukaku and lindeloff, Glazers don't wanna compete with city/psg in terms of spending ---> likely 'cause they wanna ensure big profits for the season

Yep just take him 3years to be worth the money. By then 3 successful seasons of mediocrity as a club waiting for him to be the finished product Madrid sniff around him and get his best years. I'll stick to Bale.
In my opinion Ousmane Dembele is superior to Bale right now. We've only lost one player to Madrid who made it no secret as a teenager that he'd like to play in La Liga at some stage and that was for £80m in one instalment in 2009.

Hopefully that survey by Real for their public is the start of a get out campaign against him

Would love to see Gareth Bale tearing it up at OT

Status
Not open for further replies.