Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very conflicted on this. If he's fit and given his preferred role we'd be devastating in transition, but he breaks down so much lately.
As long as he doesn't cost over 100m euros, and we don't give De Gea in return, it would be a very good transfer for us. I mean, the alternative is Perisic. I would take Bale missing 20 matches per year (and costing twice as much) over Perisic every single day.

As long as he doesn't cost over 100m euros, and we don't give De Gea in return, it would be a very good transfer for us. I mean, the alternative is Perisic. I would take Bale missing 20 matches per year (and costing twice as much) over Perisic every single day.

Absolutely.

It will be worth Bale missing a few games during the season purely for what he will bring to the team when he does play; world class match winning ability that few players currently in the game can rival. The inevitable injuries Bale will sustain throughout the season wouldn't exactly be a disaster, Martial and Rashford are perfectly viable replacements and will appreciate the gametime. We also have Miki, Mata and Lingard as well.

If we can afford Bale and he's willing to come, I think Ed should pull out all the stops to make it happen. Even if that means losng De Gea.

Am I right in thinking that Bale hasn't historically needed much settling time after returning from injury to hit good form? I seem to recall him coming back in the team after a layoff and playing well immediately.

He has 5 years on his contract. If he really is on 300k post tax, there is no way we are signing him.. Not a fecking chance.

Not unless Madrid give him away for peanuts and we give him a 60m signing on bonus.. so basically, not happening.

Wow, you've really stuck your neck out with such a bold opinion. Can't see many posters agreeing that Bale and Verratti are better than Perisic and Matic though. Those two are popular around these parts.
Thanks for holding value in my opinion. Means alot :lol:

If there's a chance of making this happen we should do it. He's a goalscorer and a game changer of the highest level. Not too many of those around.

I'm sure we can tempt him with a 50% pay cut.

Don't know why you lot waste your time on such an obvious non starter.

I hate that they call them 'the BBC'. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't have to resort to calling Ronaldo by his first name in order to make it work. I mean, it could have been 'BRB'. At least it would have made sense...

Anyway, I'm not sure that we should break up the 'KLF' anyway. (That's 'Kaku, Lingard, Frenchguy btw.)

I hate that they call them 'the BBC'. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't have to resort to calling Ronaldo by his first name in order to make it work. I mean, it could have been 'BRB'. At least it would have made sense...
In Spain, Ronaldo is often referred to as Cristiano. Most of the time actually, I think.

Anyway, I'm not sure that we should break up the 'KLF' anyway. (That's 'Kaku, Lingard, Frenchguy btw.)

I hate this too, i also hate SAS, MSN and BK.
A whopper meal costs too much nowadays.

bit of a win-win if City fail to get Mbappe, he goes to Real and they sell us Bale. Other useful things: me winning $400m in the California Lottery, Justin Bieber saying yes to my marriage proposal and Donald Trump being swallowed up by a sinkhole

Last edited:

ZIdane basically said in the conference that he hopes BBC stays but till 31 august anything is possible, Also on the move for Mbappe he says, it is not for him to decide he is just a coach.
The public bashing of Bale should begin soon if they areserious about buying Mbappe and selling one of the BBC, i think we will see a public criticism of the one who is going to leave

So Zidane says despite winning CL twice, he has no say in who comes and leaves. And his guess is as good as the fans.

"Real Madrid fans have overwhelmingly voted in favour of selling Gareth Bale to Manchester United in a new survey.

Spanish publication AS asked more than 40,000 fans for their take on the Welsh star and a whopping 72 per cent said that they want to see him sold to the Old Trafford side."

Reported by a few news outlets today.

I was one of those 40,000. I voted he should be sold to us.

Would blow open our entire wage structure and soon we'd have the likes of Pogba come knocking for the same.

Also the injuries and transfer fee it would take.

Not worth it at all.

"Real Madrid fans have overwhelmingly voted in favour of selling Gareth Bale to Manchester United in a new survey.

Spanish publication AS asked more than 40,000 fans for their take on the Welsh star and a whopping 72 per cent said that they want to see him sold to the Old Trafford side."

The same fans who have booed Ronaldo.

The fans over there are clearly not fond of him (and yet he wants to stay). Was in Madrid for a La liga game in April and every time he had a mishap, the whistles broke out.

There is no doubt in my mind that United can get Bale if Mbappe moves to Madrid. It will only come down to if we desperately want him or not. Madrid will be eager to sell him off. They will have nothing to lose and a lot to gain by doing so. Isco is already ahead of him in the pecking order. Benzema has the backing of Perez, Zidane and Ronaldo and there is no way they will spend so much on Mbappe and put him on the bench.

Sounds more like a challenge from Jose to the board.

If we pass up on signing Bale, then we might as well give up on trying to get back to being an elite club, competing with Madrid, Barce and PSG.
Agreed, we can't really afford to be dipping into the bargain bin when our rivals are spending significant amounts to strengthen. If Bale becomes available to us and we pass up the chance to sign him in favour of going for an inferior but cheaper option we seriously need to consider what direction it is we're going in. Bale is the sort of player to elevate your team a level, he can be the difference between getting knocked out in the group stage to reaching the semi's.

That said, it does say in the article he's not shown any willingness to leave Madrid, there would always be a question of motivation hanging over his head. I don't want us to get drawn into having pay silly amounts for any player in the world (£50m for Matic/Perisic for example) however Bale is one of the few exceptions really.

Bale could be great for Chelsea too. And I think they still want to splash some cash.

I'd rather us give big money to Dortmund for Ousmane Dembele who will be absolutely electric at OT if we got him.

I know there's a temptation to go full muppet here, but at 28, with concerns about his injury record, and his struggle to fit into various systems at Real, and... and... oh who am I kidding, fecking sign him up :devil:

Sounds more like a challenge from Jose to the board.

If we pass up on signing Bale, then we might as well give up on trying to get back to being an elite club, competing with Madrid, Barce and PSG.
Bale has always been clear about loving Madrid(both the club and the city). If you believe the article, he does not want to leave. Considering his injury woes the last couple of seasons and the absolutely crazy financial package needed to secure the transfer, I'd absolutely understand if we don't want to risk it. Last thing you want is a 150mil signing on 600k a week whose heart is not in it and spends half his time on the treatment table.

I hadnt seen that clip of Jose saying that he would buy him, but he doesnt talk. Thats the Jose I like to see, getting the ball rolling.

Agreed, we can't really afford to be dipping into the bargain bin when our rivals are spending significant amounts to strengthen. If Bale becomes available to us and we pass up the chance to sign him in favour of going for an inferior but cheaper option we seriously need to consider what direction it is we're going in. Bale is the sort of player to elevate your team a level, he can be the difference between getting knocked out in the group stage to reaching the semi's.

That said, it does say in the article he's not shown any willingness to leave Madrid, there would always be a question of motivation hanging over his head. I don't want us to get drawn into having pay silly amounts for any player in the world (£50m for Matic/Perisic for example) however Bale is one of the few exceptions really.

It will be difficult for Bale to leave Real, even to Utd, they are on a completely different level to us, picking up CL's for fun - perhaps why Jose wants to talk to him, sell him the 'project'.

Though, I still see the article as a challenge to the Glazers to push the boat out for him - presumably this is why Perisic hasn't signed yet, and the optimist in me thinks we are working on something.

Bale has always been clear about loving Madrid(both the club and the city). If you believe the article, he does not want to leave. Considering his injury woes the last couple of seasons and the absolutely crazy financial package needed to secure the transfer, I'd absolutely understand if we don't want to risk it. Last thing you want is a 150mil signing on 600k a week whose heart is not in it and spends half his time on the treatment table.

If he is up for sale, then it's slightly irrelevant how he feels.

We aren't talking about some who want settle, just sounds like we are being tight and Jose is trying to force the issue.

We could buy two Bale's this summer, and buy 3 more next summer, and not have to worry about money.
No expert on what we can and can't afford but his wages make him different than just a big money transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.