Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bale were to avoid injuries for the larger part of next season, I'm inclined to agree. When he's at his best, he's that good.

The if is a big one, though.

He'll need to not miss half the season through injury first.

Yeah I should have clarified, I meant disregarding his injuries. Under the assumption he'll stay fit I think you lot would walk the league, but it's a very big if.
I'm not. He's been ravaged by injuries for nearly 2 years now, and superstars don't tend to excel at United.

We're better at creating world class players than we are at buying them.

With Lukaku here now, we need to make sure we maximise his ability to score goals. Bale would probably like to play centrally like he did at Spurs.

I understand your sentiment, but I've always felt that Bale was a United-esque player, and I think United lack an x-factor in attack which he could definitely fill the void. I'm sure Bale could link up well with Romelu, as even if he plays out wide rather than centrally, he has an absolutely superb delivery from wide on him.

I'm not. He's been ravaged by injuries for nearly 2 years now, and superstars don't tend to excel at United.

We're better at creating world class players than we are at buying them.

With Lukaku here now, we need to make sure we maximise his ability to score goals. Bale would probably like to play centrally like he did at Spurs.

Yep.

Gareth Bale wants to play as Real Madrid's No 10. But what do the stats say his position is?

"It's my best position." That is Gareth Bale's assessment of his ability in a central attacking midfield role, having played as a number 10 during pre-season for Real Madrid.

After scoring against former employers Tottenham from a starting berth behind forward Jese - in the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema - this week, Bale is hoping to make the spot his own in Rafa Benitez's adopted 4-2-3-1 formation.

"When I played for Tottenham, I felt I played my best football there and, when I play for Wales, I play there and play my best football. For me, that's my position and it's where I want to play", argues Bale.

Source: skysports

Yeah, it really is his best position. Bale was never able to match his Spurs output due to Ronaldo having the side built around him.

I'm sure Bale is looking for similar treatment at his next club. A fit and firing Bale could easily score 30+ goals from a false nine position.

They messed us around with Morata but the media reckon they are going to play ball for Bale.

I thought his and Mourinho's reactions completely closed this matter. If that was all a front then I'm done predicting transfers.

I'd rather get Hazard for 70mil.
Well aint you just a hoot!

If he becomes available, all the top 4 / 6 will be in for him.
Selling Bale for nearly 30m less than they bought him for -especially in this current market- seems a funny way of 'cashing in'! Im fairly certain Perez is going to want more than double that for Bale.
But its not a case of whats more or less. They may want 90M for him but whos paying that?
City? no way over stocked as it is.
Arsenal? Only if sanchez goes but he wouldn't go after spurs surely, lets say only as a last resort and they wouldn't pay 90M
Chelsea? If chelsea entered the race, Real would demand Azzard and with him there with azzard they would see him as what pedros understudy? SO not them or Pedro would be on the market.
Liverpool? yea maybe but would they pay 90M? cant see it and they can not afford his wages anyhow and same for the Spuds he has out grown them and their wage structure.
PSG? Consumed with neymar.
Juve? Maybe and maybe he'd fancy the challenge and Bayern maybe the same but would they pay the 90M and wages? SO not bayern.
Of the 2 realistic clubs i see its us and Juve. And he might just fancy Juve over United if we are honest.

Bale loves Madrid. He's not voluntarily leaving imho.
Indeed indeed he does, but its Real that are "supposed" to want him gone to make room for the next new thing as they see Mbappe is set to be. When CR7 hands over the crown it wont be to Bale, as was supposed to be the way it would go. I think there is a shift in thinking that Mbappe is the new successor.

Their need to have him gone (again, the reason why this thing has new legs) to get the Mbappe deal done should see this(if true) getting done in a hurry up. As city are making serious noises and that loan back clause might be something Monaco would go for. Real do not hold the aces on this one. We have a sub 50m back up plan, 60M no more and walk

I'd rather spend the £50m on Perisic if it means more playing time for Martial :nervous:

Actually, spending £100m on Bale could also count as an investment i Martials development. Bale is guaranteed to do yoga with Jones and Shaw for at least 15-20 games next season.

Not that I know anything about Perisic, but I can't imagine him being made of the same digestive biscuits as Bale. Which means less time for Martial.

I can't see Mourinho sanctioning the purchase of a known injury-prone player after complaining so much about injuries last season.

I can't see Mourinho sanctioning the purchase of a known injury-prone player after complaining so much about injuries last season.

He literally a couple of days ago tried to tap up Bale in the tunnel.

Of course he would want him.

Bale instead of Perisic and Verrati instead of Matic. Extra 100m but it would take us up a level imo.

Wow, you've really stuck your neck out with such a bold opinion. Can't see many posters agreeing that Bale and Verratti are better than Perisic and Matic though. Those two are popular around these parts.

I really don't know why you guys are wasting your time in this. He's not coming. Get over it. Madrid have already made more than enough money in the sales of Morata and Danilo, and it's not like they're exactly struggling to make ends meet.

I really don't know why you guys are wasting your time in this. He's not coming. Get over it. Madrid have already made more than enough money in the sales of Morata and Danilo, and it's not like they're exactly struggling to make ends meet.

It's not got much to do with money though, does it? More to do with the fact that they won't pay the money Mbappe will cost to use him as a rotation option.

Isco can fill in just as well for Bale and they've already lost Morata so they won't sell their only other proper striker Benzema.

Think it'll be possible if they get Mbappe, no chance if they don't.

It's not about money. It's about keeping all those egos in check. Or is it eggos. Anyway, RM aren't going to spend 120m on a player and not play him. Who is the odd one out? I'd reckon it would be Bale as Zlatan is probably closer to his compatriot. Definitely won't be Ronaldo.

It's not got much to do with money though, does it? More to do with the fact that they won't pay the money Mbappe will cost to use him as a rotation option.

Isco can fill in just as well for Bale and they've already lost Morata so they won't sell their only other proper striker Benzema.

Think it'll be possible if they get Mbappe, no chance if they don't.

It's not about money. It's about keeping all those egos in check. Or is it eggos. Anyway, RM aren't going to spend 120m on a player and not play him. Who is the odd one out? I'd reckon it would be Bale as Zlatan is probably closer to his compatriot. Definitely won't be Ronaldo.

Do you realize Morata played more than 50 times last season? This notion of Morata getting barely any minutes needs to end. Mbappe would just take his spot at the very least of at least playing 50 times. Bale will be the rotation options and I'm pretty sure Madrid will have no issues with that.

Do you realize Morata played more than 50 times last season? This notion of Morata getting barely any minutes needs to end. Mbappe would just take his spot at the very least of at least playing 50 times. Bale will be the rotation options and I'm pretty sure Madrid will have no issues with that.
Morata averaged about 30' per match of those 50 appearances. Some players are happy with that though.

ZIdane basically said in the conference that he hopes BBC stays but till 31 august anything is possible, Also on the move for Mbappe he says, it is not for him to decide he is just a coach.
The public bashing of Bale should begin soon if they areserious about buying Mbappe and selling one of the BBC, i think we will see a public criticism of the one who is going to leave

In that pic above, game against us, he's wearing boots which are United colours. This is ON like Donkey Kong! :devil:

Very conflicted on this. If he's fit and given his preferred role we'd be devastating in transition, but he breaks down so much lately.

Very conflicted on this. If he's fit and given his preferred role we'd be devastating in transition, but he breaks down so much lately.

If he could stay fit, under Jose's counter attack tactics he'd win us the title imo. Can't think of many players who'd fit into such a system as well as he would. His whole game is pace and power.

If he could stay fit, under Jose's counter attack tactics he'd win us the title imo. Can't think of many players who'd fit into such a system as well as he would. His whole game is pace and power.

Bale and Lukaku would give us 50 goals. When you have players scoring that regularly the others will find it easier to score too as the games open up more often.

Lukaku - Martial - Bale - Mkhi with Pogba - Herrera behind sounds sweet.
Feck the search for a boring holding midfielder :D

Off-topic, but Beckham hasn't aged well. And the tattoos make him look weird.

c60dffdef3451be8f798475f56e0e826.jpg

On one hand, he's been injured a lot but a fully fit Gareth Bale is the best player in the league.
-----Herrera-Pogba-----
Mikhi----Bale----Martial
--------Lukaku-----------

That's a league winning front 6 :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.