Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange people think if Real buy Mbappe they need to sell anyone.

Why on earth do you think they need to do that?

They've already shifted James and Morata.
Because it's hard enough to balance the minutes between cristiano, benzema, bale, isco and asensio. Mbappé would command heavy minutes, too.

Because it's hard enough to balance the minutes between cristiano, benzema, bale, isco and asensio. Mbappé would command heavy minutes, too.

So how sure are you that Bale goes if you get Mbappe - which is looking likely.

I get the impression Benz is a Zizou favorite, so he may stay even if they get Mbappe. Bale on the other hand seems to be replaceable given Isco's contributions.

So how sure are you that Bale goes if you get Mbappe - which is looking likely.
I have no idea honestly.

Yesterday, i would've told you there's zero chance of bale leaving this summer. But i would also have said there's little chance of us going for Mbappé this summer as well...

I have no idea honestly.

Yesterday, i would've told you there's zero chance of bale leaving this summer. But i would also have said there's little chance of us going for Mbappé this summer as well...

Fair enough mate. Cheers.

I dont really hate him. But I dont want him. And I think he ll be more injured than often and be an average player.
And I also think Real will ask 100M for him which will be a big joke (regardless of whether Mbappe is going for 180M or not)
I don't hate him of course but it seems 90% of this forum want him. He has injury concerns and I don't think he's all that good so I hope he stays put.

I don't hate him of course but it seems 90% of this forum want him. He has injury concerns and I don't think he's all that good so I hope he stays put.

90% want him? I seem to read it as the opposite.

People mentioning him being too old (at 28!), Sanchez being better than him (despite one going for a fee of £86m was it? to a world powerhouse, and one going to ...Arsenal for less than half that, and never being linked with anyone bigger until this summer), and writing him off like he's Phil Jones more injured brother.
The only valid reason I wouldn't want him is that his salary is already way beyond our means, so we're not exactly going to be able to better it.

The very strange thing, is that we've had both Mourinho and Bale categorically say he's not interested/we're not pursuing it, yet if anything the speculation has increased since! For no real reason other than complete guesswork.

Because if they spend that much on one player he'll be in the first team and the player he replaces won't be a benchwarmer.

He's only 19.

Bale is injured half the season.

He'd get plenty of minutes.

Besides, Benzema is the one that is declining the quickest and he plays in his position. Obviously, he wouldn't fetch nearly as much a Bale though.

I think they will keep them all.

He's only 19.

Bale is injured half the season.

He'd get plenty of minutes.

Besides, Benzema is the one that is declining the quickest and he plays in his position. Obviously, he wouldn't fetch nearly as much a Bale though.

I think they will keep them all.
His age has nothing to do with it though, no way do Real Madrid pay that much for a player and not play him every game.

90% want him? I seem to read it as the opposite.

People mentioning him being too old (at 28!), Sanchez being better than him (despite one going for a fee of £86m was it? to a world powerhouse, and one going to ...Arsenal for less than half that, and never being linked with anyone bigger until this summer), and writing him off like he's Phil Jones more injured brother.
The only valid reason I wouldn't want him is that his salary is already way beyond our means, so we're not exactly going to be able to better it.

The very strange thing, is that we've had both Mourinho and Bale categorically say he's not interested/we're not pursuing it, yet if anything the speculation has increased since! For no real reason other than complete guesswork.
Perhaps my estimation is not accurate as this forum seem to have a real hard on for Bale. If it were to happen I just don't see him being worth what RM are likely to demand. That's just my opinion though and I may be totally wrong.

Why the hell do we have to be the mugs to take him??

why why why??

Mourinho would happily pay 50m for Perisic, 50m for Matic and 150m for Bale, it's not his money he doesn't give a shit.

This is really getting ridiculous now there is not a chance we are buying it even interested in Bale .

I just don't get why people do this to themselves here its not debating if there was never a chance of it happening the amount of threads and posts on players we were never interested in is insane

Him and Lukaku in a counter attack would be frightening for opposition.

One definite positive is Bale has now won La Liga and the Champions League. He has unfinished business in the Premier League. That's surely some added professional incentive.

Perhaps my estimation is not accurate as this forum seem to have a real hard on for Bale. If it were to happen I just don't see him being worth what RM are likely to demand. That's just my opinion though and I may be totally wrong.

It'd be a huge fee, and more worrying, the highest wages we've ever paid by far.
However, people seem to forget the way he ripped the league to bits last time out.

You could argue with Spurs current standing, why not just return there? I suppose the fact they couldn't afford him or his wages may be an ever so slightly massive stumbling block.

You could argue with Spurs current standing, why not just return there? I suppose the fact they couldn't afford him or his wages may be an ever so slightly massive stumbling block.
I look forward to Levy bidding £10 million, with £1 million up front, followed by installments.

From what I've read all this time(could be perfectly wrong) I think a while ago there was a talk about Mbappé. Zidane said yes, and Florentino told him that in that case someone would have to leave(Zidane chose Bale)
After that conversation and what appeared in the press (about Psg) Bale or his agent asked for a meeting to let the club know that he had no intention of leaving the club and less to go to France, making it clear that he would only leave to return to England.
However, on the other hand, it was also written that Florentino would have preferred to sell Karim, keeping Morata.
Benzema was his favorite, but he is almost 30 years old and the club does not feel like renovating him again, a fact that apparently has Benzema quite angry since other team mates already got renewals.
I do not think it's so much a tactical matter about who has to leave but work on a firm offer on any of them

And Jose told that in Spanish and Bale just smiled.
Looks like he didn't understand a word :p:p

He said it in English lol

Bale barely understands a lick of Spanish anyway.

Bahahahhaha.

Seriously hahahaha hahahaha

I don't see this happening but I can see how it makes sense on some level to everyone.

Bale - home, potentially PL title, promotes his brand.

United - he's a superstar. We need one badly.

Real - Big fee to get rid of massive wages. Question marks over his fitness.

People stating that we need a superstar badly, seem to forget we already have a mega star...Paul Pogba!

We need Bale as first team player first and foremost & anything else that follows, is a massive bonus.

Off-topic, but Beckham hasn't aged well. And the tattoos make him look weird.

Are you having a laugh, he's chuffin' gorgeous for his age. God help us all if that's aging badly.

I'd take Bale, he's pretty good, an actual winger too which is nice. Not sure I'm ready to believe we're in for him just yet but if the price is right I could see us going for him and I reckon he'd be up for the move, might be a chance for him to have a proper crack at the PL before he starts declining.

I won't believe it until he is holding the shirt in 1 hand and his crutches in the other

Edit: red, white, crutches, hmm a medical?

0_fah8tm0a.jpg

If United managed to get Bale then I'm convinced they'd walk the prem.

If Bale were to avoid injuries for the larger part of next season, I'm inclined to agree. When he's at his best, he's that good.

The if is a big one, though.

I'm not. He's been ravaged by injuries for nearly 2 years now, and superstars don't tend to excel at United.

We're better at creating world class players than we are at buying them.

With Lukaku here now, we need to make sure we maximise his ability to score goals. Bale would probably like to play centrally like he did at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.