Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 games out of about 60 to be played?

Yeah, fantastic deal that.

I said he has the ability to change 15 games in to wins a season all by himself; even if that is all that he plays.

He may be injured alot - but you will need to prove to me that he is regressing in capability on what he does on the pitch also bearing in mind the difference between the state of Madrid now and the state of our club who are still treading water.

I said he has the ability to change 15 games in to wins a season all by himself; even if that is all that he plays.

He may be injured alot - but you will need to prove to me that he is regressing in capability on what he does on the pitch also bearing in mind the difference between the state of Madrid now and the state of our club who are still treading water.

I'm not saying he's regressing (although this seems to be logical when a player heavily relies on his physical attributes and he suffers from muscular injuries quite a lot), I'm saying there's a very little use in a player who might be incredibly talented (this I'm not disputing) but also very injury prone like him.

I know it is "no way" deal, clickbait, not in a million years and still i started dreaming bale with no7 on the right wing. feck....

I'm not saying he's regressing (although this seems to be logical when a player heavily relies on his physical attributes and he suffers from muscular injuries quite a lot), I'm saying there's a very little use in a player who might be incredibly talented (this I'm not disputing) but also very injury prone like him.

He needs pace on the wings where he is consistently played for Madrid; If he plays centrally like how he does for Wales - he has shown he doesn't need to adapt his game much in my opinion & still produces the good all by himself.

Theres a level of flexibility in our strikers if we got bale alongside martial, rashfprd & lukaku - pace, power, forwards who can play on the wing (not taking in to account wide midfielders), heading ability, fine finishing, power finishes etc.

If he does leave Madrid, it'll only be because he's being pushed out to make way for a younger talent. All his comments to date seem to indicate that he loves Madrid, both the club and the City. So, an injury prone 28 year old, moving not to further his own career or take a step up, but solely because he's surplus to requirements at his present club. Does that not sound like a cast off to you?

We on the other hand would be paying through the nose for a player who we'd know right from the off would rather not be here, who'd likely spend a significant chunk of time in the treatment room and who long before the end of his contract would have become one of those players we don't really want but who are earning far too much for us ever to be able to get rid of. Lucky us!

He will be pushed out not because he's not good enough for Madrid. It'll be largely to do with politics within Madrid. Benzema is Perez's and Zidane love child and Ronaldo is Ronaldo.

Also, there is no ill feeling if Bale would rather be at Real. So would other 90% of professionals. It's just stupid way of thinking.

Bale has a contact until 2022 that's 4 and bit years. Do you think Real would offer such a lucrative contract to a player they did not want? If Real are willing to have him for another 4 years why wouldn't Man Utd?

But it's just Real being Real. They see a shiny new toy and they have to get it. Unfortunately, for Bale, it'll have to be him who suffers -through no fault of his own.

They can't sell Isco. Cause he's Spanish and there would be a backlash so only other option is Bale.

Unlike di Maria, Bale already played in the EPL, where he was the best player. If he were to come back he'd be one of the best players again. He wouldn't need to adopt to the weather or the food etc. Considering he's British. So there is 0 chance of him sulking.

Bale has averaged 31 games a season over the past 7 years. And about 25 games since he moved to Real Madrid. He has his injury concerns but he's not a fecking Owen Hargreaves. In the games he does play he averages 1 goal in 2 games as a winger. Plus a shit load of assists. He'd be lethal here. He'd win us a lot of points on his own. So yeah we would be lucky to have him as he'd instantly be the second most talented player in our team.

If he is not injury prone then its a no brainer. Real are still wanna want close to or over 100m for him.

He will be pushed out not because he's not good enough for Madrid. It'll be largely to do with politics within Madrid. Benzema is Perez's and Zidane love child and Ronaldo is Ronaldo.

Also, there is no ill feeling if Bale would rather be at Real. So would other 90% of professionals. It's just stupid way of thinking.

Bale has a contact until 2022 that's 4 and bit years. Do you think Real would offer such a lucrative contract to a player they did not want? If Real are willing to have him for another 4 years why wouldn't Man Utd?

But it's just Real being Real. They see a shiny new toy and they have to get it. Unfortunately, for Bale, it'll have to be him who suffers -through no fault of his own.

They can't sell Isco. Cause he's Spanish and there would be a backlash so only other option is Bale.

Unlike di Maria, Bale already played in the EPL, where he was the best player. If he were to come back he'd be one of the best players again. He wouldn't need to adopt to the weather or the food etc. Considering he's British. So there is 0 chance of him sulking.

Bale has averaged 31 games a season over the past 7 years. And about 25 games since he moved to Real Madrid. He has his injury concerns but he's not a fecking Owen Hargreaves. In the games he does play he averages 1 goal in 2 games as a winger. Plus a shit load of assists. He'd be lethal here. He'd win us a lot of points on his own. So yeah we would be lucky to have him as he'd instantly be the second most talented player in our team.

Thats exactly it - the games he isn't injured in he would guarantee points that no one in the whole PL has the ability of doing by themselves.

Fair point...looks like Mourinho will go after him if RM get Mmmmmbappe. Laughing at Inter right now.

Will they sell him if they get Mbappe then? This seems to be the storyline.

If the unlikely were to happen and we signed him we'd be title favourites instantly

Fair point...looks like Mourinho will go after him if RM get Mmmmmbappe. Laughing at Inter right now.

And so he should. Considering the alternative is Perisic - who I like - but Bale is on another planet to him.

We get him and i d put us second favourites for the title, simple as that. With a full pre season and rest behind him he will be a great player. He tried to return early from the injury and hence kept getting re injured i think he will be a major hit if he comes. He is also woodward's dream. The best british player at the biggest british club.

He hasn't declined one bit in my opinion. In fact I think he's much more comeple player than he was then.

Getting Bale would be awesome but it would all depend on the price as to whether it's worth it or not, considering his injury record.

I find it strange people think if Real buy Mbappe they need to sell anyone.

Why on earth do you think they need to do that?

They've already shifted James and Morata.

Because if they spend that much on one player he'll be in the first team and the player he replaces won't be a benchwarmer.

Bale has by far the worst contract in European football. £600,000 a week before tax and signed through 2022, for a 28-year-old player that has lost much of the past two seasons to injury.

You can't think of a transfer with a wider range of potential outcomes. He could carry you to a Premier League title if he stays fit and recaptures his past form. If he loses a step due to age/injury and spends lots of time on the training table, he could singlehandedly eliminate much of the financial advantage (at least in terms of annual wage bill) United currently possesses over rivals while also posing Rooneyesque selection issues for years and years.

This is the biggest possible gamble you could make in the transfer market, one that would define Mourinho's tenure and likely that of his successor. Feel lucky?

Because if they spend that much on one player he'll be in the first team and the player he replaces won't be a benchwarmer.

Yup. Realistically, you don't spend 160m pounds on a player and put him on the bench.

Remember too that Zidane's preferred formation in big matches last spring was the 4-4-2 diamond with Isco at the tip of the midfield, which only left room for two of the BBC anyway. So Bale's role in the team was already under pressure.

£160m on one player...
They made up more than half of it, approx around 110m already with the sales of Morata, James and Danilo. Plus all their revenue and prize money from winning Champions League over the past two years can easily cover the cost. This is nothing for them.

Yup. Realistically, you don't spend 160m pounds on a player and put him on the bench.

Remember too that Zidane's preferred formation in big matches last spring was the 4-4-2 diamond with Isco at the tip of the midfield, which only left room for two of the BBC anyway. So Bale's role in the team was already under pressure.
And with the rumours of Bale wanting to come back to the UK maybe he will end up with us when Mbappe moves.

Mbappe has supposedly said he'd sign for Real only if one of BBC is sold. A lot of the speculation is based on that.

Most of his injuries are seen to be muscular. Predominantly a calf injury. I'm not physician but I thought players lose pace and power in knee and hamstring injuries?

I could be wrong but can't his calf injury be managed fairly well. He has never been out for longer than 45 days due to muscular injury. It's not as if he's done both of his ACL's in.

I've had a feeling we've been trying to get a big name for the last few weeks so this would make sense.

I just don't think we'd be stalling over a couple of million pounds for Perisic and Matic, if they were Mourinho's first choice.

Even though we seem to have an unlimited budget, I assume the Glazers have set a threshold for which summer spending can't go above, which is probably fair enough. With this in mind, we can probably only get Bale, or we could get Matic and Perisic, but not any other combination as it would be too expensive.

My transfer muppet thought process then leads me to believe that Mourinho/Woodward are waiting to see how the Mbappe situation turns out as that will inevitably lead to a big transfer merry-go-round, in which they'll see if Bale to United is possible. If not then I think we'll see Perisic and Matic confirmed fairly quickly.

Yep, sounds more likely to me. I have also been surprised by the continued lack of progress with the Perisic saga, since we have known for ages exactly what it's going to take to get him. So we are either simply stalling in the hope Inter will eventually drop their price, or as with the Morata deal, we are holding back awaiting something else to unfold. That makes far more sense to me than the current drawn out stalemate over a few extra £m. Because as you suggested, if we are waiting upon another target and it doesn't come off, we still have the reassuring safety net of being able to go back to Inter, pay them 50m, and still get Perisic.

I hope that is the case, i think it would show sound reasoning and a well planned transfer strategy from Ed. Would also suggest we have had our eyes on other options than just Perisic, which makes far more sense than the apparent 'Perisic or nothing' notion that has baffled and frustrated so many of us over the past few weeks or so. If we are looking to make that step up and make ourselves serious challengers on all fronts, then we should be trying everything in our power to bring in WC players like Bale first, before having to make do with a Perisic.

He'll remain at Madrid, he already said multiple times he is happy. Unless he is pushed out but I can't see that happening?

This is why this thread is so active at the moment. He potentially will be pushed out ton make room for Mbappe!

Always been a big fan of Bale. Although I think he is somewhat "wasted" playing as an inverted forward on the right side. He has a beautiful left foot and produces an amazing cross. For me, his best position is that of a left winger.

Bale has by far the worst contract in European football. £600,000 a week before tax and signed through 2022, for a 28-year-old player that has lost much of the past two seasons to injury.

You can't think of a transfer with a wider range of potential outcomes. He could carry you to a Premier League title if he stays fit and recaptures his past form. If he loses a step due to age/injury and spends lots of time on the training table, he could singlehandedly eliminate much of the financial advantage (at least in terms of annual wage bill) United currently possesses over rivals while also posing Rooneyesque selection issues for years and years.

This is the biggest possible gamble you could make in the transfer market, one that would define Mourinho's tenure and likely that of his successor. Feel lucky?

Nail. Head. Bang.

The only thing you left out is that he is keen to stay there rather than come to United. Paying a record fee and record contract for a guy that doesn't want to be here carries extra risk. If his heart's not in it, it could affect his attitude and his performance levels.

As you said, massive gamble. I'm risk averse personally and don't like such extreme risks. So I would pass.

We get him and i d put us second favourites for the title, simple as that. With a full pre season and rest behind him he will be a great player. He tried to return early from the injury and hence kept getting re injured i think he will be a major hit if he comes. He is also woodward's dream. The best british player at the biggest british club.
A lot of bookies already have us as 2nd favourites as it is.

What is the point of this thread? Theres no links and Mourinho himself has said that Bale doesnt even want to talk to United because he doesnt want to leave.

He wont leave so all this talk is literally pointless, move on
What is the point of any thread, to discuss. Bale has a very high chance of leaving if Mbappe gets signed and with it edging closer and closer this thread is not pointless. Managers and players say they aren't interested all the time, it doesn't always work out that way.

What is the point of any thread, to discuss. Bale has a very high chance of leaving if Mbappe gets signed and with it edging closer and closer this thread is not pointless. Managers and players say they aren't interested all the time, it doesn't always work out that way.
Majority of threads have merit and sources/links.

This literally has none and even Mourinho has denied it. We wont and shouldnt ever go in for a player who always saw us as Option B.

Hope his bald patch grows wider and he spends his days on RMs bench ruing the day he ever rejected us!

Majority of threads have merit and sources/links.

This literally has none and even Mourinho has denied it. We wont and shouldnt ever go in for a player who always saw us as Option B.

Hope his bald patch grows wider and he spends his days on RMs bench ruing the day he ever rejected us!
And this one was done on speculation from multiple sources that we were after Bale.

Like I said, managers deny stuff all the time and it still happens. I wouldn't put much in a manager or playing saying so.

Status
Not open for further replies.