Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no way Madrid and Zidane will go into the season with only 1 striker in Mbappe. Morata's gone, they cannot afford Benzema to go despite signing Mbappe who's still very much a question mark (1 good season, still very young and raw).

They've already coped well without Bale last season so i would say they would sell Bale.

This was interesting from the article:
"In principle it seems that he would be better suited to a move to England that staying in Madrid, where only Florentino's reticence to admit he got this one wrong is in the way. He wants to persevere. But many are advising him to take the money, which could be significant, and confirm the move for Mbappé, the great prospect of European football."

There is absolutely no way Madrid and Zidane will go into the season with only 1 striker in Mbappe. Morata's gone, they cannot afford Benzema to go despite signing Mbappe who's still very much a question mark (1 good season, still very young and raw).

They've already coped well without Bale last season so i would say they would sell Bale.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. With Morata gone, I can't see any way Benzema will leave as well. If one of the BBC are to leave this summer, it'd be Bale.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. With Morata gone, I can't see any way Benzema will leave as well. If one of the BBC are to leave this summer, it'd be Bale.

Especially, correct me if I'm wrong, Isco has recently renewed a contract and he was the one who was used in Bale's absence. By all accounts, the team performed better with Isco in the team rather than Bale.

Bale is no Ronaldo and nither robben. We should buy a younger fitter better player than bale.

He's not Ronaldo but I can't think of anything preventing him to be on the same level of Robben. I think even Robben has been criticized in the past years due to his injures.

Bale knows EPL well and will need no time to settle.

Believe it when I see it and Bale will probably fight for his place anyway, but I can certainly see Bale as the one surplus to requirements if indeed a player has to go. They did the double pretty much without him and Isco played well last season. Ronaldo loves playing with Benzema too.

He's not Ronaldo but I can't think of anything preventing him to be on the same level of Robben. I think even Robben has been criticized in the past years due to his injures.

Bale knows EPL well and will need no time to settle.

I dont think we should target players for epl now. It Should be Ucl specific , We can manage epl with decent players like griemann next summer. The way Top teams play in ucl a creative wide player is better for the final third.

ALso robben is lot more creative Holds the ball better in tight areas and circulates it , Bale should not be our choice anymore.

@Summit...
This is just my take on your question in the TWEET thread, BBC are GALACTICO'S who will not want to be benched week in, week out. Whereas Isco, he has proven he will bide his time on the bench.

Also, if you're looking to raise some capital to put towards Mbappe, those 3 would get you the biggest transfer fee.

I dont think we should target players for epl now. It Should be Ucl specific , We can manage epl with decent players like griemann next summer. The way Top teams play in ucl a creative winde player is better for the final third.

ALso robben is lot more creative Holds the ball better in tight areas and circulates it , Bale should not be our choice anymore.

What makes Bale not CL specific ?

He has no answers when pressed high. He doesnt exactly loose the ball but also creates nothing and is defendable.

He has excellent speed and very good shooting power with his legs. I agree he's not the kind of player that does tricks and skills but his dribbling speed can get him past any defender and we have seen that already when he was at Spurs.

His attributes will be a match made in heaven with Jose's plans.

Especially, correct me if I'm wrong, Isco has recently renewed a contract and he was the one who was used in Bale's absence. By all accounts, the team performed better with Isco in the team rather than Bale.
I'm not sure Isco has signed a new contract, but he will soon enough. And yes, Isco played incredibly last season, when Bale was injured and most Madrid fans preferred Isco in the team over Bale. This doesn't mean Bale will leave, but I reckon he's more likely to than Benzema.

Mou told yesterday in a interview that he didn't only want players with skills but also players that want to come here and be part of the team spirit hes building.

Bale don`t want to come here, we all know that and Mou knows it too, that`s why he told him that in a funny way.

there's a reason Woodward hasnt pulled the trigger on Persic and maybe Bale's it.

I'm not sure Isco has signed a new contract, but he will soon enough. And yes, Isco played incredibly last season, when Bale was injured and most Madrid fans preferred Isco in the team over Bale. This doesn't mean Bale will leave, but I reckon he's more likely to than Benzema.

Agree.

Mou told yesterday in a interview that he didn't only want players with skills but also players that want to come here and be part of the team spirit hes building.

Bale don`t want to come here, we all know that and Mou knows it too, that`s why he told him that in a funny way.

There's also that clip going around where Mourinho has said to him that he hasn't come for him, because he doesn't speak!

Also, why should Bale push for a move to us at the moment? If it becomes apparent that he is no longer wanted at Madrid, then is the time to see what happens.

On a side note, Lukaku never wanted to come here either, to begin with. He ended up here as he felt that wanted him more and therefore signed for us.

He has excellent speed and very good shooting power with his legs. I agree he's not the kind of player that does tricks and skills but his dribbling speed can get him past any defender and we have seen that already when he was at Spurs.

His attributes will be a match made in heaven with Jose's plans.

With Madrid it wont be any where below 100 - 120 m euros and also de gea could be part of those negotiations again. We Should take griezmann and try to throw bale money on sanchez who can walk for free as well if he does not sign a new deal.

Just Like Robben bale will be defended in ucl games and also the injury concerns are always there. Dembele will be an option too.

there's a reason Woodward hasnt pulled the trigger on Persic and maybe Bale's it.

Same with Matic IMO; both players have a defined price, which Woodward hasn't met despite Mourinho's displeasure at the lack of recruits....this suggests both are very much secondary selections, with Bale and Dier primary options who will be coveted right to the last few days of the window if necessary.

Bale is Bale, given a free role like he has for Wales he could destroy the Premier League once again, and surely make United genuinel title contenders.

Vetoing Perisic obviously leaves a bit of a lack of orthodox winger even with Bale, but I'd like to think Demitri Mitchell could be utilised to as the extreme wide left option Jose desires.

With Madrid it wont be any where below 100 - 120 m euros and also de gea could be part of those negotiations again. We Should take griezmann and try to throw bale money on sanchez who can walk for free as well if he does not sign a new deal.

Just Like Robben bale will be defended in ucl games and also the injury concerns are always there. Dembele will be an option too.

Griezmann isn't coming this summer and anyway, they can both be combined in a single formation with Bale and Lukaku it's not a big problem. Regarding the price we're going to spend anyway whether on Dembele or Bale or any world class player in this position it'll be +90m I believe. I'll prefer to pay such a price for a world class player proven enough and will be immediate success any time. If Dembele is available I'll never refuse him.

Christ I do hope not! There were plenty on here who (wrongly) didn't like the idea of taking one of Real's cast offs when we were in for Morata - a 24 year old rising star. In Bale we really would be getting a cast off - a player who relies almost completely on his pace, who has had a dreadful injury record and whose best days are unquestionably behind him. On a free transfer take him by all means, but please lets not be the club that circles the big boys in the hope that they'll sell us someone with a famous name for an eyewatering fee.

Christ I do hope not! There were plenty on here who (wrongly) didn't like the idea of taking one of Real's cast offs when we were in for Morata - a 24 year old rising star. In Bale we really would be getting a cast off - a player who relies almost completely on his pace, who has had a dreadful injury record and whose best days are unquestionably behind him. On a free transfer take him by all means, but please lets not be the club that circles the big boys in the hope that they'll sell us someone with a famous name for an eyewatering fee.

Surely, Its united who does that to madrid with beckham rvn and heinze.

Griezmann isn't coming this summer and anyway, they can both be combined in a single formation with Bale and Lukaku it's not a big problem. Regarding the price we're going to spend anyway whether on Dembele or Bale or any world class player in this position it'll be +90m I believe. I'll prefer to pay such a price for a world class player proven enough and will be immediate success any time. If Dembele is available I'll never refuse him.

We need to pass.

Bale - the Real Madrid cast off.

This place is full of feckwits.

We'd be fecking lucky to have him.

Are we pretending he hasn't been struggling with his health/fitness for the last two seasons and he'd come to a club that, as of late, is pretty much notorious for its players' health/fitness problems?

Wouldn't surprise me if Bale moved especially if PSG do get Neymar because that'll prove anything can happen

From Madrid's pov it'll be a good time to move him on as well what with Isco playing so well in his position last season and Asensio coming through

So I guess I'm the only Bale "hater" on this forum. Really don't want him and think he'd be a huge waste.

If he's genuinely not bothered about the possibility of joining United I'm not that fussed to be honest.

I think it was a massive mistake to allow him to leave the PL when he did but that ship sailed long ago.

If he's genuinely not bothered about the possibility of joining United I'm not that fussed to be honest.

I think it was a massive mistake to allow him to leave the PL when he did but that ship sailed long ago.

He plays for Madrid. If it was you I'm sure you wouldn't be too bothered either.

This move would make sense, assuming we could get him for not 90m and not on 400k a week or something absurd. He is a good player who would give us a new dimension.

He's said plenty of times that he doesn't want to leave Madrid, but I don't really know what anyone expects him to say when asked the question. The Madrid fans are notoriously fickle. Declaring anything other than 100% undying commitment would just have them on his back even more than usual. I wouldn't be surprised if he's open to a move and more game time.

So I guess I'm the only Bale "hater" on this forum. Really don't want him and think he'd be a huge waste.
I dont really hate him. But I dont want him. And I think he ll be more injured than often and be an average player.
And I also think Real will ask 100M for him which will be a big joke (regardless of whether Mbappe is going for 180M or not)

Torn on this one.

The Bale of old would be great, but he just doesn't exsist.

IF we would even be getting 80% of his former self, I'd be hands down in full muppet mode.. However there is probably only a 40-50% chance of that in my opinion.

100+ million is a massive fee for a gamble.

He'll remain at Madrid, he already said multiple times he is happy. Unless he is pushed out but I can't see that happening?

He's a player that relies on his physical attributes. Pace and power.
The number of muscle injuries he has is a worry.

Bale behind lukaku, martial behind rashford - would have a bit of everything - a top 4 clubs in the world strike force again aswell as having a level of flexibility in their positioning.

Just because Bale is injured alot doesn't necessarily mean he has regressed alot either. He easily has the ability to be the difference between clubs in the PL and the CL for at least 15 games a season even if that is all that he plays.

With the prices payed for some players these days & the prices being quoted for bale - it should be a simple decision; if available.

Bale - the Real Madrid cast off.

This place is full of feckwits.

We'd be fecking lucky to have him.

If he does leave Madrid, it'll only be because he's being pushed out to make way for a younger talent. All his comments to date seem to indicate that he loves Madrid, both the club and the City. So, an injury prone 28 year old, moving not to further his own career or take a step up, but solely because he's surplus to requirements at his present club. Does that not sound like a cast off to you?

We on the other hand would be paying through the nose for a player who we'd know right from the off would rather not be here, who'd likely spend a significant chunk of time in the treatment room and who long before the end of his contract would have become one of those players we don't really want but who are earning far too much for us ever to be able to get rid of. Lucky us!

Bale behind lukaku, martial behind rashford - would have a bit of everything - a top 4 clubs in the world strike force again aswell as having a level of flexibility in their positioning.

Just because Bale is injured alot doesn't necessarily mean he has regressed alot either. He easily has the ability to be the difference between clubs in the PL and the CL for at least 15 games a season even if that is all that he plays.

With the prices payed for some players these days & the prices being quoted for bale - it should be a simple decision; if available.

15 games out of about 60 to be played?

Yeah, fantastic deal that.

Status
Not open for further replies.