Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would he be, nobody in for him and we have a sub 50M option. Its all on the premis they need to sell which is why this has legs. He does not want to go.

If they say higher you walk and sign the other guy.

I can't see that they need to sell, they have already raised funds from other player sales, and I'm sure they could off load a few more easily. They might want to sell as Bale would be on the bench but there is no way he will go for £60mil.

If he becomes available, all the top 4 / 6 will be in for him.

hes in for a wide player and if 50M for perisic is flouted 60M for bale could be good business.

And it seems that Real might be looking to cash in... Its a bit of a watch this space with Bale and Real
I'd rather get Hazard for 70mil.

I've had a feeling we've been trying to get a big name for the last few weeks so this would make sense.

I just don't think we'd be stalling over a couple of million pounds for Perisic and Matic, if they were Mourinho's first choice.

Even though we seem to have an unlimited budget, I assume the Glazers have set a threshold for which summer spending can't go above, which is probably fair enough. With this in mind, we can probably only get Bale, or we could get Matic and Perisic, but not any other combination as it would be too expensive.

My transfer muppet thought process then leads me to believe that Mourinho/Woodward are waiting to see how the Mbappe situation turns out as that will inevitably lead to a big transfer merry-go-round, in which they'll see if Bale to United is possible. If not then I think we'll see Perisic and Matic confirmed fairly quickly.

His injuries are a concern, wasn't it his ankle too which can be a bastard to heal properly.

After a quick search it seems the main injury was his ankle but then games were missed for other problems. Missed 29 games last season due to injury, that's quite a bit.

Hadn't had much issues previous to that though so maybe it was just a freak season.

Matic
Herrera - Pogba
Mikhi - Lukaku - Bale​

This side can very easily challenge for the title if not win it. I have been saying Perisic will add a very good effect as an out and out winger, so imagine Bale instead of him. He'll have *10 of that effect. He's capable of doing what an out and out winger do and can also cut inside. He'll excel in Jose's system and can see him becoming our best player in the season easily.

Talking about his injures isn't a big problem. We have Martial as a cover for him.

Damn it, I'm getting hooked in impossible dreams.

hes in for a wide player and if 50M for perisic is flouted 60M for bale could be good business.

And it seems that Real might be looking to cash in... Its a bit of a watch this space with Bale and Real

Selling Bale for nearly 30m less than they bought him for -especially in this current market- seems a funny way of 'cashing in'! Im fairly certain Perez is going to want more than double that for Bale.

Selling Bale for nearly 30m less than they bought him for -especially in this current market- seems a funny way of 'cashing in'! Im fairly certain Perez is going to want more than double that for Bale.
Perez will get €100 million and like it.

@carvajal
What is the opinion of bale amongst the madristas?
For what I read a lot of jokes about the injuries and people assuming that he will lose half of the season.
I think that fans appreciate him because he was very important for the team but they are as well a bit disappointed for his whole performance during these 4 years.
Probably they would get rid of Benzema but there won't be riots if Bale is sold.

Bale is a game changer. He's the sort of signing that could propel us right to the top. Lukaku and Bale in the Premier League could be a nightmare for other sides. I understand the injury concerns, but it's a risk I'd be willing to take.

His injury record might just prove to be a big factor for them. I read that with his problems he will always have problems and will miss games. So I can see why he says he's happy at Madrid because of the hot climate and a shit load of money!

I don't know how anyone would be happy with the climate in Madrid. It is one of the worst cities in the world weather wise. Surrounded by mountains it is absolutely freezing in winter. Then in summer the heat is ridiculous and arriving to uncomfortable levels 40-45C. There is a reason why everyone who lives in Madrid leaves Madrid in August. The only time it is pleasant is in the Spring.

On the money side I can't comment.

I don't know how anyone would be happy with the climate in Madrid. It is one of the worst cities in the world weather wise. Surrounded by mountains it is absolutely freezing in winter. Then in summer the heat is ridiculous and arriving to uncomfortable levels 40-45C. There is a reason why everyone who lives in Madrid leaves Madrid in August. The only time it is pleasant is in the Spring.

On the money side I can't comment.
Yes,in summer it's terrible and in winter it's cold but usually sunny.Near 3000hours of Sun/year, for which it's a very pleasant winter.

Great player but his injury record has to be a concern. He's 28, and spent most of last season out injured (at least it seemed that way).
Yes, and that players tend to decline after leaving Real. Perhaps they miss the special "rehydration techniques" used by the likes of Real and Barca.

Have you seen Bales jawline now compared to his Spurs days?

HGH. Sorry, HTH.

this looks like a madrid campaign to get a player out if I've ever seen one.

And yes the author is completely correct Gareth Bale is a open wound of PL football as he's the best British player applying his trade in Spain.

My problem is a week ago Mourinho said it was impossible to sign Bale so why is there a sudden change of tone in the media.

madrid can sign Mpapabe with or without selling Bale thats not the story here, I think Madrid have realised selling Bale now makes economic sense as if he doesn't get in the team next season much his price will drop down alot and they've experienced that for the James rodriguez deal where they've had to loan him out for 2 seasons as his market value was so low, what if this happens to Bale after Mpapbe comes so Madrid are thinking to cash out now.

I reckon £100 million gets him its up to the Glazers now

yep, his interview 2 days ago. Look it up on youtube. Said something along the lines of "Bale? I hear through contacts that he is happy and does not want to leave madrid"

That's my point it was 2days before the Mbappe news. If he was to say the same thing now that would be different.

this looks like a madrid campaign to get a player out if I've ever seen one.

And yes the author is completely correct Gareth Bale is a open wound of PL football as he's the best British player applying his trade in Spain.

My problem is a week ago Mourinho said it was impossible to sign Bale so why is there a sudden change of tone in the media.

A week is an awful long time in football.

Do you remember Willian had a medical at Spurs and that same/next day signed for Chelsea?

There's no way we should spend 100mil on him, and unfortunately that's probably what Real would want.
I'd drop that on Bale without a second thought.

There's no way we should spend 100mil on him, and unfortunately that's probably what Real would want.
In this market £100m for Bale is a good deal. It's that or £50m on Perisic.

I'd rather spend the £50m on Perisic if it means more playing time for Martial :nervous:

Bale loves Madrid. He's not voluntarily leaving imho.

I wouldn't spend the ridiculous amount of money for him that Perez would want anyway. His wages are also insane. The guy has too many injuries and that won't be improving with age. Besides, the moment he rocks up at United, the injuries will probably get worse knowing our record.

Rather invest a huge sum in a 'Veratti' type player.

Mbapp only moves to Madrid if one BBC goes.

Diego Torres is very very reliable.

Who the hell would take Benzema? I can't think of obvious takers off the top of my head.

Arsenal maybe?

But yeah, there no OBVIOUS teams out there. However, if Mbappe is coming, he's the only logical person to leave, as Mbappe plays in his position and not Bale's.

Could maybe see Benzema going to Milan who are still looking another striker.

Or Monaco who will have plenty of
cash and a striker short.

Status
Not open for further replies.