Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
So fecking weird. Why does he have his one subreddit with little activity, when can just start those threads here.

He has an account here.

Real Madrid will not sell him this summer. They just sold a lot of players, including James and Morata. Granted, they are not starters, but I highly doubt they'd want to lose another attacker, certainly not Bale.

It's a strange transfer window, this. Usually we are linked with loads of players, but right now we are only linked with Perisic and pretty much nobody else.

It would be wonderful if we could get him
Bale to us
Mbappe to madrid
Sanchez to Psg
Coutinho to barca

The guy would cost too much for someone with his injury issues. 600k odd a week + the truckload of cash Real would ask for a transfer.

The guy would cost too much for someone with his injury issues. 600k odd a week + the truckload of cash Real would ask for a transfer.

I'd pay 80m for Bale than be held hostage by Inter for Perisic.

Real would be more motivated in the sale to get cash for Mbappe.

Why do you all keep quoting his contract?

So fecking what? We aren't gonna match it and they're idiots for offering it.

It should actually make it easier for us. We'd be easing their cashflow and giving them capital.

Don't think even we'd be stupid enough to give him £600k a week.

I'd pay 80m for Bale than be held hostage by Inter for Perisic.

Real would be more motivated in the sale to get cash for Mbappe.
There's no way they sell Bale for 80mil in the current market though, they're not stupid. Just look at their demands for Morata. Moreover, with Bale, the transfer fee is just half the story. 5yr contract at his current wages would amount to 150mil odd in itself.

Why do you all keep quoting his contract?

So fecking what? We aren't gonna match it and they're idiots for offering it.

It should actually make it easier for us. We'd be easing their cashflow and giving them capital.
:lol:

We're not talking about buying a car from them, there's the small matter of Bale agreeing to halve his weakly earning.

Don't think even we'd be stupid enough to give him £600k a week.
Yep, can't see it either. He's had big problems with injuries in the last couple of seasons. Too much risk for the financial commitment required.

His injury problems will be his downfall for sure and for that reason I don't want him. Take Wilshere for example, he had great potential until the injuries crept in and now look at the level of clubs linked with him.

He'd also cost us £70m+ and massive wages, I'd rather we spent it on Dembele who'd cost the same.

I guess it depends if Real want him off the books and would be willing to cut a deal in order to save themselves his wages.

I'd have him here in a flash and would be happy to pay him what we paid Ztalan.

Would he really want to sit on the bench in Madrid ?

I guess it depends if Real want him off the books and would be willing to cut a deal in order to save themselves his wages.

Even without Mbappe coming in, he may be confined to the bench. Real clearly play better without him imo.

Hell of a lot of cash for someone to keep Jones, Shaw and Smalling company in the sick room.

He's not a bench player at Real at all. He's just been injured loads.

Paying him what we paid Zlatan (350k pw) means he'd have to accept a near 50% pay cut. As mentioned many times he's on near 600k pw.

Also Zlatan had a 1 year contract which means little risk for us if he turned out to be shite in this league, or injury prone. Bale has 4 years remaining on his contract and he'll surely want at least the same length to guarantee the same income.

The total package for Bale (salary + transfer fee) would be well north of £200m. That's huge for a player with injury issues and no willingness to come here. Regardless of his world class quality, this is way too risky.

He doesn't want us, Real won't sell him and he's injured for half a season. Yep this one's a cert to happen.

I think they have made 2+2 = 65485 , but anything to keep muppet juices flowing.

He's not a bench player at Real at all. He's just been injured loads.

Paying him what we paid Zlatan (350k pw) means he'd have to accept a near 50% pay cut. As mentioned many times he's on near 600k pw.

Also Zlatan had a 1 year contract which means little risk for us if he turned out to be shite in this league, or injury prone. Bale has 4 years remaining on his contract and he'll surely want at least the same length to guarantee the same income.

The total package for Bale (salary + transfer fee) would be well north of £200m. That's huge for a player with injury issues and no willingness to come here. Regardless of his world class quality, this is way too risky.
It includes bonuses and image rights. They are paid seperatly to all the players. It was the propoganda of Marca to have highest salaried player in the world.
Pretty sure as per football leaks we were paying zlatan 425k/week including bonuses . I think its doable.

His injury record-

Season injury from until Days Games missed
16/17 Calf Injury Apr 24, 2017 Jun 1, 2017 38 days 8
16/17 Calf muscle strain Apr 13, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 7 days 2
16/17 Ankle injury Nov 24, 2016 Feb 16, 2017 84 days 17
16/17 Hip injury Sep 15, 2016 Sep 22, 2016 7 days 2
15/16 Disrupted Calf Muscle Jan 18, 2016 Mar 3, 2016 45 days 8
15/16 Muscle Injury Oct 19, 2015 Nov 5, 2015 17 days 4
15/16 Muscle Injury Sep 17, 2015 Sep 28, 2015 11 days 3
14/15 Hamstring Injury Oct 20, 2014 Oct 30, 2014 10 days 3
13/14 Muscular problems Oct 3, 2013 Oct 17, 2013 14 days 1
13/14 Mensical Laceration Aug 29, 2013 Sep 2, 2013 4 days 2
13/14 Foot injury Aug 12, 2013 Sep 2, 2013 21 days 2
12/13 Malleolar injury Apr 4, 2013 Apr 18, 2013 14 days 3
12/13 Hamstring Injury Dec 3, 2012 Dec 20, 2012 17 days 3
11/12 Hamstring Injury Feb 27, 2012 Mar 5, 2012 7 days 1
10/11 Torn Ankle Joint Ligament May 9, 2011 Jul 7, 2011 59 days 3

Last two years he has missed loads of games, last year he had a big ankle injury and previous year he tore his calf muscle. To be fair that is worrying but it could even happen to anyone as his previous record apart from last two seasons is very good.

No brainier I'll take Bale any time, will be an immediate success here but signing him is just daydreaming. Not gonna happen.

If we ever signed Bale I'd hope it's to play in a free role ala he does for Wales and his best season at Spurs.

Lukaku
Martial - Bale - Mkhi
Pogba - Herrera​

It won't happen but a man can dream! If anyone in the top 6 in England managed to add Bale to their starting 11 they'd be instant favourites for the league imo.

If madrid really are going to spunk >200m on mbappe there's no question in my mind they'll be looking to shift one of their front 3 with Bale being the most obvious one. I can't see him making it easy for them though, he clearly has no intention of leaving so it will be on his terms if at all.

i think he stays there personally giving madrid a huge financial headache

I can't see us doing business with Madrid for a long time now.

I don't think so. This is business. As long as right amount of money is thrown, anyone will do business with anybody. If Jose wants him and believes he is fit enough, then why not talk to them. If Madrid really wants sources for Mbappe, United will surely be in discussions for Bale.

I'm sure I read that Mbappe would only go to Real if one of the BBC was leaving.

Could be something in this. (although if I was Zidane, I'd be more inclined to offload Benzema to a PL club for sweet moolah)

I can't see us doing business with Madrid for a long time now.

I completely agree with this.

Bale would improve our team instantly. But doing business with Madrid will be impossible. They definitely will quote a price in the region of Mbappe's transfer fee.

Its more economical to wait a few months and get Griezmann for less, who is as good, younger and has a better injury record.

I'm sure I read that Mbappe would only go to Real if one of the BBC was leaving.

Could be something in this. (although if I was Zidane, I'd be more inclined to offload Benzema to a PL club for sweet moolah)

I don't think any EPL club is in urgent of signing striker. Selling Bale is easier from the business sense. The only problem is he himself don't want to leave.

The thing I'm afraid about is if he's forced to move to another club he may look at it as a downstep and becomes unmotivated, otherwise he's an instant success.

Yep, can't see it either. He's had big problems with injuries in the last couple of seasons. Too much risk for the financial commitment required.
Same things were said about Robben when Real were flogging him. In fact his injury record was far worse than Bale's but he somehow managed to sort it all out at Bayern.

I don't think any EPL club is in urgent of signing striker. Selling Bale is easier from the business sense. The only problem is he himself don't want to leave.

The thing I'm afraid about is if he's forced to move to another club he may look at it as a downstep and becomes unmotivated, otherwise he's an instant success.

Liverpool?

This is looking like a text book Madrid campaign to push a player out.

If they want a striker they would have pursue someone from the beginning of the summer. I think they're fine with Firmino.

In that case, I think they ARE desperate for a striker - it's just that Klopp doesn't realise it.

Id have Bale here in a heartbeat but this isn't happening. Madrid don't need to sell and if they really really need to sell someone then selling Benzema makes more sense. Im sure they could sell some more of their squad players considering they made over 100 million already from Morata/Danilo and whatever dodgy way Bayern are paying for James.

Status
Not open for further replies.