Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he take a 50% pay cut?

Why would we pay an enormous transfer fee for a player who can't stay fit?
Mourinho has implied just recently that the only reason we haven't gone after him is because he doesn't want to leave. We've tried for him on multiple occasions pre-Mourinho too, so it makes me believe that we would be stupid enough to pay a massive fee for him.

Why does this thread always get bumped? Bale has said on countless occasions that he loves it in Madrid.

It's never happening - he has a lot to prove to Real this season as well, I don't trust his injuries. Another player like Rooney who relies on power and pace. Once that's gone, he isn't half the player.

Why does this thread always get bumped? Bale has said on countless occasions that he loves it in Madrid.

It's never happening - he has a lot to prove to Real this season as well, I don't trust his injuries. Another player like Rooney who relies on power and pace. Once that's gone, he isn't half the player.
Didn't they say the same about Ronaldo? Bale is a similar player to him and Ronaldo seems to be plodding on OK into his 30's

Would suit all parties. We need a winger. Ed wants a star. Madrid want the dollar. We have the dollar.

Plus Ed being the muppet of all muppets would just love to outspend City this window.

Think we'd be looking at £80m at least for Bale.

This thread keeps getting bumped and I continue to get excited, but if I'm being honest, I can't see us buying Bale.

That said, if Real get Mbappe, then they will have to sell someone, because you expect that Mbappe would start, having spent so much money on him.

Loads of time until the transfer window shuts.

There could be a surprise for us.

We aren't signing Bale. He doesn't want to leave. Mourinho even admitted he's not on his list.

At 28, he's by no means old, but it's surely a worry that he can't stay fit - played the equivalent of 16 league games last season, 19 the season before.

Fair play if they do value Benzema over Bale, would show intent that they really want to stick with their diamond.

It's going to be near impossible to get this to happen though, first of all; relying on Madrid's business and getting a decent price.

At 28, he's by no means old, but it's surely a worry that he can't stay fit - played the equivalent of 16 league games last season, 19 the season before.

Ugh, do not want. There's always a risk when buying expensive players but it seems more likely he'll get injured than not.

I'd be stunned if Real let Mbappe go elsewhere. He's the next big player in the game (according to the hype anyway).

The thing is even if Bale to us in somewhat on, if Madrid initially quoted us €100m for Morata, what would they quote us for Bale?

We don't need Bale. That ship has already sailed. Would rather invest in someone younger and less injury prone. Dembele perhaps??

Yeah let's keep chasing a man that doesn't want to come to us, sick of this nonsense. He's not even properly linked. Mbappe mania helping papers make up rubbish, nothing in it.

I can't imagine we'd be the only club looking at Bale if he was available.

Madrid already sold enough to buy Mbappe. Only reason he'd be sold is if he threw a fit after they sign Mbappe about playing time which would come midseason.

Gareth Bale seems to love Madrid (the place) so much that if Real didn't want him anymore he'd retire. The guy loves it there.

He's not coming to Manchester. Few would.

Source is Sammy Lee. He's spot on about City.

It's a caveat - City insiders think that in order for Madrid to get Mbappe they'd have to sell Bale.

There is only one place Bale will go if they do sell him. Liverpool.

Bale would be a magnificent signing. Cant imagine many 0-0 or 1-1 games with him in our side against Watford or Stoke. :drool:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_26_at_01_39_29.png
Screen_Shot_2017_07_26_at_01_39_29.png

Source is Sammy Lee. He's spot on about City.

It's a caveat - City insiders think that in order for Madrid to get Mbappe they'd have to sell Bale.

There is only one place Bale will go if they do sell him. Liverpool.
Cope and Marca are saying the same and they've clearly got briefed from Madrid's side. It doesn't mean it's true, but there might be something in it.

Cope and Marca are saying the same and they've clearly got briefed from Madrid's side. It doesn't mean it's true, but there might be something in it.

Yep we will just have to see the outcome in the Mbappe deal. Maybe that's why Mourinho is pessimistic about signing more than one player. Maybe he knows getting Bale relies on circumstances United can not control.

They've been trying to push Bale out of the door all summer; The player just doesn't want to leave sunny Madrid.

They've been trying to push Bale out of the door all summer; The player just doesn't want to leave sunny Madrid.

Gotta agree with this, he looks settled there, man-bun and all. I think if he could overcome his injury problems he'd be phenomenal for us, though. His pace and power behind Lukaku in a counter-attacking team would be deadly. Shame we'll most likely never see it.

State of that.

---------------DDG-----------
------TonyV-Bailly-Jones-Shaw
---------------Matic-----------
---------Herrera--Pogba------
-----Rashford-Lukaku-Bale-----

This would be a solid side in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.