Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------DDG-----------
------TonyV-Bailly-Jones-Shaw
---------------Matic-----------
---------Herrera--Pogba------
-----Rashford-Lukaku-Bale-----

This would be a solid side in my opinion.

Obviously. But Matic wasn't part of my equation. While you're at it, please add another solid fullback.

Obviously. But Matic wasn't part of my equation. While you're at it, please add another solid fullback.

We're not after a full back are we?

Matic will almost certainly end up at United, now that Juve are out of the race.

We're not after a full back are we?

Matic will almost certainly end up at United, now that Juve are out of the race.

I hope so as well. But this thread is about Gareth Bale.

How should I know if we're after a fullback? Wishful thinking, i guess.

I think we have rightly baulked at the prices for both Perisic and Matic. Not sure we will go for either now. Bale won't happen either.

Available or not - injury prone or not - bale would guarantee near 30 points a season by himself in this league - no one would come close.

Rather spend the 80m on Dembele who can be the world next best player in years to come.

I wouldn't be against signing Bale though. 80m for a player as good as him in good value in a market where Walker is 57m.

If you read the cafe as a collective there's basically no player that anyone wants. We may as well sign no one

Perisic? No way, 50m? He's average at best
Matic? Chelsea reject? He's almost 30
Bale? Sick note with bad hair?
Dier? Lost his place to that other guy!
Mbappe? He's only had one good season, what if he breaks a leg?

Weirdly the only player everyone seems to agree on, Fabinho, Jose doesn't want

Bring on September

---------------DDG-----------
------TonyV-Bailly-Jones-Shaw
---------------Matic-----------
---------Herrera--Pogba------
-----Rashford-Lukaku-Bale-----

This would be a solid side in my opinion.
Yeah would be unreal.

If this has to happen it has to happen this summer. He is 28 and his injuries are not helping him. I cannot see him staying fit like ronaldo or messi. I think he can give us 3 to max 4 top season if we are to sign him now.

Him moving to united this season could be best for all parties. Real madrid will get their money, bale will get to be the main man for a top club (which he deserves) and we get a ready made superstar who can help us win major trophies.

But I won't want him at the cost of de gea. No point taking that risk.

I'd love us to get him but it's not gonna happen. Doesn't look like has any interest in playing for us and that can only be a red light.

I'd love us to get him but it's not gonna happen. Doesn't look like has any interest in playing for us and that can only be a red light.

As long as he is wanted by Madrid - he wouldn't want us. If he wasn't then I'd doubt he would want any other club than us.

No player is bigger than the club and all that but Bale probably knows that United as a club and what it stands for in England - he knows its there as long as he is able to still be a WC player & arguably the best British player on top of that.

I had that feeling from the moment he left spurs for Madrid having veto'd the move that 8/10 top British players in the UK would make; by moving to us.

Why would you spend 80+ mill on a 28 year old player who relies on pace and power, who would then start to naturally lose their pace and power around 29/30 and who now has 2 dud legs.
He doesn't want to leave anyway, you get the impression Madrid would have to force him out.

I doubt that, Madrid and Manchester are very similar

except the weather

Goes a lot further than the weather mate. Have you been?

Many seem to think that climate is the draw. It's a factor of course, but so much more comes into it.

Manchester is never going to feel special in the way that Barcelona, London, Paris & Madrid can feel. It's an English City, not an International City. All Manchester can offer a footballer is a successful career or ridiculous amounts of money. Nobody is ever going to come for the City itself.

Why would you spend 80+ mill on a 28 year old player who relies on pace and power, who would then start to naturally lose their pace and power around 29/30 and who now has 2 dud legs.
He doesn't want to leave anyway, you get the impression Madrid would have to force him out.

Well Everton are prepared to pay 45 million quid for Gylfi Sugordsson who is only 2 months
younger than Bale.

So what is Bale worth then? He's 10 times the player.

Also, it's totally wrong Bale solely relies on pace and power. He's a hugely intelligent player with an amazing scoring ability. He's 1 in 2 goal ratio for Madrid as a fecking winger. You don't achieve those numbers by simply being a pace merchant.

Well Everton are prepared to pay 45 million quid for Gylfi Sugordsson who is only 2 months
younger than Bale.

Also, it's totally wrong Bale solely relies on pace and power. He's a hugely intelligent player with an amazing scoring ability. He's 1 in 2 goal ratio for Madrid as a fecking winger. You don't achieve those numbers by simply being a pace merchant.
Plus he has the ability to adapt his game, as he's shown in the past.

younger than Bale.

It's pretty clear his best attributes for the past few years have been his explosiveness, speed and just general power. I didn't exactly say he was some kick and rush merchant but he's no Giggs/Ronaldo in terms of intelligence.
Once his pace starts to fade, he won't be able to reinvent himself and keep to the same level.
Also it's a bit of a stretch to call him a winger, wide forward who prefers and excels most in free role is closer to the truth.
Shall we talk about the 5-6 different injuries to both legs he's picked up over the last few years?
He's the type of player you buy at 23-24 and have 5 or so years of his absolute peak, which Real & Spurs have enjoyed and we've missed, is my main point.

Plus he has the ability to adapt his game, as he's shown in the past.

Yeah totally true. He could easily play behind the striker as well later in his career. In fact I think he prefers to play there. I'm sure I've seen someone mention this.

Anyway, if we get Bale (and he stays fit) and Matic by some fecking miracle - we will win the league.

Rather spend the 80m on Dembele who can be the world next best player in years to come.

I wouldn't be against signing Bale though. 80m for a player as good as him in good value in a market where Walker is 57m.

Come on now, we give everyone else grief for Pogba costing £100m or Martial costing £57m. No need to add an additional £7-12m to Walker. £45m is still a huge fee for an undecorated 27 year old full back.

It's pretty clear his best attributes for the past few years have been his explosiveness, speed and just general power. I didn't exactly say he was some kick and rush merchant but he's no Giggs/Ronaldo in terms of intelligence.
Once his pace starts to fade, he won't be able to reinvent himself and keep to the same level.
Also it's a bit of a stretch to call him a winger, wide forward who prefers and excels most in free role is closer to the truth.
Shall we talk about the 5-6 different injuries to both legs he's picked up over the last few years?
He's the type of player you buy at 23-24 and have 5 or so years of his absolute peak, which Real & Spurs have enjoyed and we've missed, is my main point.

From what I've seen of Bale in the last few years is him being a complete player. He scored tap ins. Loads of headers. He vision and ingenuity are fantastic. You just had to watch him against us on Sunday to see that he's a class apart.

I'm not sure Giggs and Ronaldo have particularly fanstical intelligence. I mean Ronaldo had to change his game by simply becoming a number 9.

With Giggs - he lost his pace and he tucked into midfield - that's all.
Let's not making him out to be Paul Scholes who went from being a striker at the start of his career to being one of the best central midfielders England has ever seen.

And yes Gareth Bale has had injury problems but again let's not make him out to be Gascoigne or Ronaldo who basically fecked their
knees up. Bale with all his injuries does not look like he will be slowing down in the next 3-4 years.

Since 2009/10 Bale has averaged 31 games a season not including international appearances. It's really not that bad. I mean it's not great but for the games he does play - he's bloody fecking devastating.

As long as he is wanted by Madrid - he wouldn't want us. If he wasn't then I'd doubt he would want any other club than us.

No player is bigger than the club and all that but Bale probably knows that United as a club and what it stands for in England - he knows its there as long as he is able to still be a WC player & arguably the best British player on top of that.

I had that feeling from the moment he left spurs for Madrid having veto'd the move that 8/10 top British players in the UK would make; by moving to us.
I don't want United to be second choice. We need to start nicking players from Madrid, not buying their cast offs.

Many seem to think that climate is the draw. It's a factor of course, but so much more comes into it.

Manchester is never going to feel special in the way that Barcelona, London, Paris & Madrid can feel. It's an English City, not an International City. All Manchester can offer a footballer is a successful career or ridiculous amounts of money. Nobody is ever going to come for the City itself.

Not disagreeing, but for some, I still think being a United legend is a significant carrot. Not for all the modern day players but for some still think it means something.

How anyone could be against signing him is beyond me. Real Madrid would be fecking nuts to sell him ahead off Benzema.

From what I've seen of Bale in the last few years is him being a complete player. He scored tap ins. Loads of headers. He vision and ingenuity are fantastic. You just had to watch him against us on Sunday to see that he's a class apart.

I watched the game on sunday, he started lively then the last 15mins of the 1st half I forgot he was on the pitch

I'm not sure Giggs and Ronaldo have particularly fanstical intelligence. I mean Ronaldo had to change his game by simply becoming a number 9.

Ronaldo progressed into a world class inside forward, who'd beat people with pace and technical skills, only to lose his pace and converted himself into a world class no.9. almost box forward with a completely different set of attributes, you're giving him way to little credit. I can't remember that ever being done and keeping at a world, WORLD class level?

Giggs also had the technique and intelligence to change himself from a flying winger to an all round midfielder who even eventually started to take Scholes place in the side if you remember. You're giving both too little credit.

Anyway, I don't think Bale will be able to keep to his world class level when his pace drops off.

And yes Gareth Bale has had injury problems but again let's not make him out to be Gascoigne or Ronaldo who basically fecked their
knees up. Bale with all his injuries does not look like he will be slowing down in the next 3-4 years.

He's had numerous reoccuring injuries to both legs, both his legs are giving him problems and missed 27 games last season alone btw.

His wages are something insane before tax, he'd be a 150-200mill investment to the club and at 28 and injury prone, i'd avoid, we missed his peak, just my opinion.

Anyway I don't care, I doubt he's looking to move unless Madrid unceremoniously freeze him out, so i feel like me blabbing on about the pros/cons seems pretty uncessary.

I was partially joking but I do feel Manchester has a lot to offer. I'm a New Yorker so I have high expectations when I visit places and I thought Manchester was nice.

I watched the game on sunday, he started lively then the last 15mins of the 1st half I forgot he was on the pitch

Ronaldo progressed into a world class inside forward, who'd beat people with pace and technical skills, only to lose his pace and converted himself into a world class no.9. almost box forward with a completely different set of attributes, you're giving him way to little credit. I can't remember that ever being done and keeping at a world, WORLD class level?

Giggs also had the technique and intelligence to change himself from a flying winger to an all round midfielder who even eventually started to take Scholes place in the side if you remember. You're giving both too little credit.

Anyway, I don't think Bale will be able to keep to his world class level when his pace drops off.

He's had numerous reoccuring injuries to both legs, both his legs are giving him problems and missed 27 games last season alone btw.

His wages are something insane before tax, he'd be a 150-200mill investment to the club and at 28 and injury prone, i'd avoid, we missed his peak, just my opinion.

Anyway I don't care, I doubt he's looking to move unless Madrid unceremoniously freeze him out, so i feel like me blabbing on about the pros/cons seems pretty uncessary.

I know. It's all ifs and buts at the minute and anything could happen with Bale and the rest of his career. But I have to disagree that we should avoid him if he became available. Ah well we will just have to agree to disagree.

There's no chance he's coming here, let's be honest. Didn't Jose himself say Bale was staying put in a presser only a little time ago?

Spend the Griezmann money on him. He'll light up the wings again at Old Trafford like the original Welsh Wizard in his prime :drool:

what the feck is it with the ageism on here? His legs should be the issue not his age.

what the feck is it with the ageism on here? His legs should be the issue not his age.

It may have something to do with most of us experiencing Sir Alex last 20 odd years here, with the odd exception, like RvP or a Blanc, nearly all our signings/targets have been under 25. So you'd forgive us if we're a bit partial to the idea, having seen it give 20 years of success. :confused:

Also players like say.. Carrick who've never relied on pace are far safer bets to carry on a good level regardless their age, than a player who's best attribute has been pace, who's only a year or two off from when players start to naturally lose theirs.

Re: Hs legs, nothing to do with his age, it was mentioned in regards to to his worrying reoccurring injury history, in the same way Hargreaves knee should have been flagged for us, despite his age.

Last edited:
I was partially joking but I do feel Manchester has a lot to offer. I'm a New Yorker so I have high expectations when I visit places and I thought Manchester was nice.

Manchester is nice enough. I like it too. But it's still provincial.

America may have 2 or 3 cities that you could argue may be 'better' than London. It will have an endless list that rival/surpass Manchester.

My response wasn't necessarily wholly aimed at you. More to the commentary on weather. It's brought up a lot.

Perhaps Bale could be available is the reason that why we are not willing to pay over the odds to get Perisic yet

This would be the big one for this summer if Woody really wants to show off his massive cock.

It will look pretty average if Neymar both move for around 180 mill a pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.