Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Bale has refused to play as a winger. Which is why he had issues with Ancelotti.
He only wants to play behind the striker.
So if Jose is after Perisic because he wants a pure winger, it's unlikely he will go after Bale as a replacement for Perisic.

Edit: Bale had problems with Ancelotti, not Benitez.
He hasn't refused to play winger(in fact, he did, a lot, over the last 3 seasons), he just realises he's much better in a free role and wants to play more down the middle. His performances in the role(whenever cristiano was out) confirm that Bale is wasted as a winger, or even as a wide forward when he's not given freedom to roam

Great player. Would be perfect for us.

But he will spend half this season crocked like usual.

He's on £300k after tax according to reports.

That's half of what Ronaldo is on so I don't think it's far-fetched.

Bale in behind Lukaku would be ridiculous. Imagine the counters.

Would love Bale. Never happen though, but he's much better than the likes of Griezmann imo.

I'm hearing: 'I can't buy you because you won't come' or '...because you don't talk'

The replies to his latest tweet

6yWa4vA.png

He's getting a bit of stick. Don't think this is a transfer that could happen this summer but next summer, who knows? Yeah, Cristiano would be 33 but I think with Isco and Asensio and possible signing of Mbappe next summer, Real would be open to selling him.

Bale in behind Lukaku would be ridiculous. Imagine the counters.

Would love Bale. Never happen though, but he's much better than the likes of Griezmann imo.

At his best he's better than Griezmann, but Griezmann has been better for the last 2-3 years imo. Far better

I think Real would've pursued Hazard quite strongly this summer had he not gotten injured which might've freed him up for us?

Either way, he would be treated like a king at United.

At his best he's better than Griezmann, but Griezmann has been better for the last 2-3 years imo. Far better
heh, dunno. Think they were about equal in 2016.

he say "I can't buy you because we don't talk". I am guessing its a joke based on the rumours that we are always buying him. i.e. I can't buy you if we aren't even in discussion.

he say "I can't buy you because we don't talk". I am guessing its a joke based on the rumours that we are always buying him. i.e. I can't buy you if we aren't even in discussion.
Maybe he is indicating that Bale needs to tell Madrid he wants to go? I hear, "I can't buy you, because you don't talk"

hmm just stuck it on really loud, it could be you or we, its too hard to tell. What he means is, as always with Mou, is hard to know.

José was actually talking about his injury problems, he said "I can't buy you because you can't walk".

We all know if Bale moves, he goes back to Spurs, and will happily take a massive pay cut to play for the best team in England
#Glaston
It would be a great signing, but the fact that it would mean buying off Madrid just really stops this ever happening I think. To much seems to have gone on for this to ever be a possibility.

Marca reporting Madrid have agreed 180m deal for Mbappe.

They'd sell Bale if they could get Mbappe imo:

Marca reporting Madrid have agreed 180m deal for Mbappe.

They'd sell Bale if they could get Mbappe imo:
I think I said earlier in this thread that I didn't want him, but I've changed my mind.

United need a star attacker like him to help out Lukaku. And seeing what city are building, we need to be ruthless.

I mean, shit.. Imagine being a defender up against Lukaku and just behind him you see Bale lurking. Two of Rashford, Mkhitaryan or Martial either side of you, with Pogba just behind them creating the danger..

Why would he take a 50% pay cut?

Why would we pay an enormous transfer fee for a player who can't stay fit?

If he stays fit and we buy Bale then we'll win the league. He's a match-winner at the highest level.

I'd love for us to take a chance with him. Injuries would be the only worry with him but If he overcomes that, we'll have the best player in the League

Injury prone and under performing.
No thanks
This. Let's not fund Madrid's new galactico transfer by taking on their crock for what would be an extortionate fee. Surely we learnt after the Di Maria debacle. He turned us down when he went Spurs. Made it clear he wasn't interested in us when at spurs and then chose Madrid over us. He's now a crock. Some other team can be the mugs that pays that fee and his stupidly high salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.