Gareth Bale | Mourinho: "Game over. Now everyone knows he's going to stay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bale Conspiracy

What do we reckon, caftards?

In theory it makes sense but in terms of motivations of the parties involved, I just don't know if it's likely. I'd like to think Bale backs himself in a fight for his place in their starting 11 and Mou, being the pragmatist he is, probably won't want to smash the world record fee on a player until he's proven he can go a whole season fit after his recent injury struggles.

That being said, I'd love him here, think he's had the summer to rest and fully recover from his injuries and believe he'd immediately elevate us to the title and in that upper echelon of UCL teams who can realistically make the semifinals.

Theory is good. Can it happen? Of course it can.

However, what is certain, Perisic is a smokescreen. He would've been here by now, ala Moratta.

Inevitable that people would turn to Bale once the other big names started to look less likely. I can't see it.

Theory is good. Can it happen? Of course it can.

However, what is certain, Perisic is a smokescreen. He would've been here by now, ala Moratta.

I don't think we really pursue targets as a 'smokescreen' and all indications are that we actually want Perisic but are struggling to get the deal over the line due to Inter's demands.

Yup, a guy who cannot stay fit for two seasons at Real coming to a club where somehow Shaw, who had a near impeccable injury record prior to coming here, managed to turn into a perma-crock. On top of that, Bayol is heavily dependent on his physical attributes. What possibly can go wrong.

Common sense would say that we'd get him for roughly what real paid. He is older, not noticeably better and has large injury concerns.
Reality is they'd want 120m+
Never going to happen.....
But would be happy if it did!!!

If we got Bale, he could drag us to the title (potentially) - he's that sort of player. We get Perisic instead then we're in the mix for top four.

Common sense would say that we'd get him for roughly what real paid. He is older, not noticeably better and has large injury concerns.
Reality is they'd want 120m+
Never going to happen.....
But would be happy if it did!!!
Is it worth spending an extra £70m of the Glazer's money to win the Premier League?

Is it worth spending an extra £70m of the Glazer's money to win the Premier League?
Nah. I'd be happier if we spent a tenner on Zaha and the Glazer's used the rest of the money to treat themselves to a new super yacht.

It's hardly a cast iron guarantee though is it?
If it was then yep fine go for it.
As it is there may be better options for our 120m. Dembele springs to mind.

If we got Bale, he could drag us to the title (potentially) - he's that sort of player. We get Perisic instead then we're in the mix for top four.

Real only just this season won the title and he wasn't exactly crucial in that win either. He is injured way too often these days for him to be decisive in a league campaign. Cups however...

He's as injury prone as they get.

Real Madrid play better without him too.

At Real he has Isco breathing down his neck so the pressure he has at Real would be on a different level to what he'd have at Utd where Lingard or Martial wouldn't exactly be breathing down his neck eveny time he has an average game. At Real he has a genuine chance to lose his place in the team. At Utd he'd be untouchable like Pogba.

I think if we ever got him it would mirror how Robben was at Real and how he was after at Bayern. Robbin instantly became the main man at Bayern and they managed his injuries carefully and he was comfortably the 3rd best player on the planet for eyars from then on and sometimes even on a level with Ronaldo and Messi. But there's just no way I can see Real selling as they will need to rotate between the likes of Isco, Bale, Ronnie to challenge on all fronts again even if they add Mbappe

Real would completely rinse us and he could end up only playing half the season. Can't see the club looking at him.

People read into the Morata 'smokescreen' too much. Woodward's isn't that tactical, we genuinely wanted him.

Real only just this season won the title and he wasn't exactly crucial in that win either. He is injured way too often these days for him to be decisive in a league campaign. Cups however...
We don't compete with the likes of Barcelona and Atletico, which is very evident if you look at European games.
One can argue that peak Bale was in his last Spurs season and he didn't drag them to the title though.

We don't compete with the likes of Barcelona and Atletico, which is very evident if you look at European games.
One can argue that peak Bale was in his last Spurs season and he didn't drag them to the title though.
One would be wrong. Bale peaked in 2016

And let me reiterate the point: there is zero chance Bale moves this summer

Judging from what Bale has been saying in the media recently he has no interest in leaving Real Madrid.

Their main opposition has MSN. None of the teams in our leagues possess anywhere near that sort of threat. It would be a doddle if we had one star like that who remained fit. you are right though. He doesn't play enough league games. Its sad really.

Reading the caf today...

. . . . . . Lukaku
Neymar. Pogba. Bale.
. . . . Dier. . .Herrera.
Shaw. Bailly. Lindelof. Valencia.
. . . . . . . . DDG.

Sounds good... The joys of silly season. :wenger:

Madrid would shaft the feck out of us, Bale is injury prone coming to the Prem isn't going to change that, probably make it fecking worse.

I'd avoid especially considering Madrid will probably get Utd to pay more than what they paid for him. (Alot more)
He's worth less due to his current injury record.

The Bale Conspiracy

What do we reckon, caftards?

IIRC Bale has refused to play as a winger. Which is why he had issues with Ancelotti.
He only wants to play behind the striker.
So if Jose is after Perisic because he wants a pure winger, it's unlikely he will go after Bale as a replacement for Perisic.

Edit: Bale had problems with Ancelotti, not Benitez.

How do Madrid fans generally view Bale ?
Fantastic player, but gets injured way too much. Also, we seem to be better with Isco in his place

His best performances for us outside 13/14 came when Cristiano or Benzema didn't play, but at his best he's a worthy heir to Cristiano(as much as that's possible) in terms of his ability to win games by himself

Status
Not open for further replies.