Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
She obviously put headphones on Drogon with a looped recording of her saying it... Duh
I like this idea. I hope she didn't use Airpods though, the dragon would look dumb with them hanging out of his lugs.

Plot armour couldn't save Jorah or Jaime.
His is stronger cos he had no dick.

Really? I thought he was deflecting the blows with his mean face.
His angry face was very angry.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Leaked footage from the final episode (Dany and Greyworm), open at your own peril.

Redplane

Massive moobs (planned for Christmas)
Jaime killing her would have been the most poetic outcome. Or Arya. Or Tyrion. Or one of the Cleganes. So many possibilities.
And how many of those outcomes do you think people would ve taken issue with? Cersei s end had no satisfying ending. In some ways the way out that no one wanted was arguably the best way for her to go imho.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I think they are setting her up to die and be easily accepted by the fans, it's easier to kill her if she is seen as pure evil
Definitely.

Two things I do like about this episode was Jamie/Cersei. First of all Cersei's acting was great and in the end despite the fact she's always been quite formidable the vulnerability when she realized that her actions ultimately cost her her child's life were spot on. She is a monster to a degree, but she also has a human side and that was shown. Also her dying under a sea of rubble is more GoT than GoT has been for a while, there was no showdown, no real punishment, she just died, scared and defeated, as people usually are before they die.

Also Jamie, he is a man who has the ability to care about the greater good, but in the end, it's always been about him and Cersei. I didn't mind him going back into her arms, because I felt like any man who is willing to throw a child out of a window for a woman won't ever truly stop loving her no matter what.

So yeah, it wasn't all shit or anything.

Also shout out to Qyburn, he really was the best hand in the series. Never betrayed Cersei, found ways to mastermind victories. I liked how brutally he copped it, such a brutal ending for such a smart character, once again... very GoT.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And how many of those outcomes do you think people would ve taken issue with? Cersei s end had no satisfying ending. In some ways the way out that no one wanted was arguably the best way for her to go imho.
Arya acting all badass only to give up at the last moment was very lame to me. Yeah she didn't wanna die but Cersei was close, this is what she's been preparing most of her life for.
Just like Jon Snow preparing to fight the Night King, the writers have really fecked up what could have 2 huge moments in this show.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Seems pretty obvious at this juncture that

Jon's gonna kill her.
The obvious answer is Arya, followed by Jon. But she just killed Jaime and Cersei and Tyrion will want some retribution and could become the QueenSlayer... the big question is how they'll deal with Drogon because right now with Drogon she's untouchable. The scene with Jon patting Drogon last season might provide us with that answer, he might not want to burn Jon if Daenerys issues the command. Greyworm spotted Jon trying to stop his soldiers attacking during the siege though so I imagine Daenerys might act first.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The obvious answer is Arya, followed by Jon. But she just killed Jaime and Cersei and Tyrion will want some retribution and could become the QueenSlayer... the big question is how they'll deal with Drogon because right now with Drogon she's untouchable. The scene with Jon patting Drogon last season might provide us with that answer, he might not want to burn Jon if Daenerys issues the command. Greyworm spotted Jon trying to stop his soldiers attacking during the siege though so I imagine Daenerys might act first.
Yeah I don't see a battle happening. Arya will prob do it with Jon walking in on it and ultimately taking the blame. Leaving Gendry, or the horse, the last legitimate heirs. Then we'll get some bullshit semi-political rant and end up with Bran doing something shit and deciding who should be king.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The melted throne.
I agree with the general sentiment that her killing all those innocent was OTT but the writers wanted to display the great destruction of King's Landing
It would have made infinitely more sense for her to go after the Red Keep to kill Cersei after destroying the walls etc and not give a crap about those caught up in the flames but going all out murderer of innocents was just stupid.

Redplane

Arya acting all badass only to give up at the last moment was very lame to me. Yeah she didn't wanna die but Cersei was close, this is what she's been preparing most of her life for.
Just like Jon Snow preparing to fight the Night King, the writers have really fecked up what could have 2 huge moments in this show.
A lot of the show and this season falls back on foreshadowing etc and also precedent. They said this one would rely heavy on S1 - in that regard the Hound telling her to run was great bc it was akin to Syrio telling her to do the same.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think since Arya killed the NK she is out of the equation to kill Dany. It would be overkill. Can't really imagine anyone other than Jon or Tyrion. Jon finally has to do something useful for once.

Kazi

If there isn’t a jousting tourney to celebrate the new Queen next episode, I will be bitterly disappointed

kouroux

I think since Arya killed the NK she is out of the equation to kill Dany. It would be overkill. Can't really imagine anyone other than Jon or Tyrion. Jon finally has to do something useful for once.
If he doesn't, I mean the guy would have robbed of pretty big moments this season :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Pretty sure Tyrion is getting cooked for freeing Jamie.

:lol:

kouroux

It would have made infinitely more sense for her to go after the Red Keep to kill Cersei after destroying the walls etc and not give a crap about those caught up in the flames but going all out murderer of innocents was just stupid.
Definitely. I would have liked it more if the destruction of the city thanks to wildfire stored all around it, was ordered by Cersei after realizing her defeat and the red keep being completely destroyed.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
A lot of the show and this season falls back on foreshadowing etc and also precedent. They said this one would rely heavy on S1 - in that regard the Hound telling her to run was great bc it was akin to Syrio telling her to do the same.
Nah, sorry not buying it. Cersei is number 2 on her list and with Joffers long dead she's been the number 1 focus. She's trained all this time to kill the people on her list and ultimately it was a load of shit because when she finally got in the position to do it, she bottles it and runs away. That's her character arc? Feels, a bit Tottenham.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The whole Jamie Lannister thing doesnt make sense. If he didnt end up killing Cersei then why do they call him the kinslayer?
Is he called the kinslayer by anyone? Or are you mistaking him for kingslayer? He called a cousin to escape his imprisonment by Robb so he is technically a kinslayers as well. He also fecks his sister.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Is he called the kinslayer by anyone? Or are you mistaking him for kingslayer? He called a cousin to escape his imprisonment by Robb so he is technically a kinslayers as well. He also fecks his sister.
That's a good point, I hadn't thought about the cousin. But people called him kinslayer even before that

Redplane

Nah, sorry not buying it. Cersei is number 2 on her list and with Joffers long dead she's been the number 1 focus. She's trained all this time to kill the people on her list and ultimately it was a load of shit because when she finally got in the position to do it, she bottles it and runs away. That's her character arc? Feels, a bit Tottenham.
Nah, bc Spurs are gonna beat Pool in the CL final.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Jon has been a sissy around both Ygritte and Dany, he wouldn't be able to kill her even if he tried.