Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

How come it's taken them all this time to realise Emilia Clarke is a bit mental? She's not really acting any different than she always did. Talk loud and posh, then burn stuff. "Ooohh she's going to burn Kings Landing. She's a mentalist. Help! Help! She's a mentalist." Nothing about her character has ever suggested she wouldn't turn dragons on it if they pissed her off enough. It's kind of her thing. Before she was painted as bad ass, but now she's mental. It's weird.

I think it was presumed that once they met her, she was the lesser of two evils tbh. Now they are gonna crown, Jon my battle plans involve everyone getting killed while I shout at a dragon, because he's a good man. It all seems so rushed this season. I guess if they had time they could have played it out better. All the time they spunked on Dorne coming back to bite them in the arse.

According to Benioff; Rhaegal died because Dany "kind of forgot about Euron's fleet". The writer of the fecking script actually said that was the reason why that shit happened.

I've defending them before, especially last week, but D&D are fecking morons. Great at adapting work, but as good as I am when it comes to creating an original piece of work.

Wow... just wow.

Dany is on the dragon thinking "Euron just brought the Golden Company to support her so she has troops, but thank the Lord of Light Cersei has no seafaring allies and all those ship like objects that that I can see from up here on my dragon hiding behind that rock must be wreckage from the battle of the blackwater."

He fired a few shots and missed, eventually got one which barely impacted the dragon at all. He also took ages to reload.

They then made a big deal out of how ineffective the scorpion had been, and then this season the castle and the fleet got fully kitted out with Qyburn's Scorpions 2000.

No medieval artillery is that accurate firing at a flying target. They fired a few shots and basically all of them took the dragon to pieces in a few seconds. Game of Thrones' answer to MAC cannons.
No, he missed one shot then took the dragon down with the next. It sent Drogon into a free-fall which it just barely recovered from, and it wasn't even a good hit.

They've made a big deal of the weapon, and it's obvious from episode 3 they're not invested deeply in accurately representing medieval warfare.

How come it's taken them all this time to realise Emilia Clarke is a bit mental? She's not really acting any different than she always did. Talk loud and posh, then burn stuff. "Ooohh she's going to burn Kings Landing. She's a mentalist. Help! Help! She's a mentalist." Nothing about her character has ever suggested she wouldn't turn dragons on it if they pissed her off enough. It's kind of her thing. Before she was painted as bad ass, but now she's mental. It's weird.
To be fair, there has been several occasions where burn and murder could have been the easy option and she resisted. Though we can see she’s as mad as a hatter, most of the characters aren’t as privy to her various mood swings as we are.

To be fair, there has been several occasions where burn and murder could have been the easy option and she resisted. Though we can see she’s as mad as a hatter, most of the characters aren’t as privy to her various mood swings as we are.
She probably just forgot she had dragons or murder was a thing you could do. She's a bit forgetful.

I suppose you could say that most characters wouldn't have spotted it. I just have trouble with it taking Varys this long and Tyrion still hasn't copped on that she's kind of a dick.

No, he missed one shot then took the dragon down with the next. It sent Drogon into a free-fall which it just barely recovered from, and it wasn't even a good hit.

They've made a big deal of the weapon, and it's obvious from episode 3 they're not invested deeply in accurately representing medieval warfare.

They dismissed the weapon immediately after the battle. The arrow barely penetrates his scales at all, in this episode the arrow rips straight through him.

I'm pretty sure Jaime said something to the effect of 'Qyburn's scorpion can't stop them' after they lost the battle of the loot train.

Thought that as a good episode overall, rather enjoyed it.

- Jon Snow/Kit Harrington trying to shout was unexpectedly hilarious. The man can now john Aragorn/Viggo Mortensen as leaders of men that have a weird shouty voice
- Also he clearly painted that battle scar on right? Trying to trick his men into thinking he actually did something in that battle. He's smart is that Jon
- did he really think if he told Sansa she wouldn't say anything? He's not too smart is that Jon
- despite the sea attack being quite dumb... It looked cool as feck. Also I could see it, so bonus points.
- How exactly did they take Missandai!? That's some excellent sea kidnapping
- There's no way Cersi could have heard a word that Tycoon was saying... Especially as he made the weird choice of deciding to talk at a lower volume then be usually does
- Do common people actually hate Cersi? If so, why? Genuinely curious/ wondering.
- I think the show has actually done a pretty good job in showing Danearys decent in madness... Having her slowly lose everything around her and have it all go against her... It's been done pretty well. Sure she's always been power mad, but I don't think she's ever been this unhinged.

The funniest thing is if they had given us book (sorry) Euron then it would have been both more and less believable. I'm still adamant that the real mistake was setting up all of Daenerys' alliances at the very end of Season 6 Episode 10. No tension in Season 7 and made every move Cersei made to balance the scales look far fetched. The more I think about it the more I'm annoyed that the Night King was just another one of Cersei's balancing tools.

Thought that as a good episode overall, rather enjoyed it.

- Jon Snow/Kit Harrington trying to shout was unexpectedly hilarious. The man can now john Aragorn/Viggo Mortensen as leaders of men that have a weird shouty voice
- Also he clearly painted that battle scar on right? Trying to trick his men into thinking he actually did something in that battle. He's smart is that Jon
- did he really think if he told Sansa she wouldn't say anything? He's not too smart is that Jon
- despite the sea attack being quite dumb... It looked cool as feck. Also I could see it, so bonus points.
- How exactly did they take Missandai!? That's some excellent sea kidnapping
- There's no way Cersi could have heard a word that Tycoon was saying... Especially as he made the weird choice of deciding to talk at a lower volume then be usually does
- Do common people actually hate Cersi? If so, why? Genuinely curious/ wondering.
- I think the show has actually done a pretty good job in showing Danearys decent in madness... Having her slowly lose everything around her and have it all go against her... It's been done pretty well. Sure she's always been power mad, but I don't think she's ever been this unhinged.

I think they do, it was established early in the show, the only royal they really took to was Margaery when she was engaged to Joff and then Tommen. The rest pretty much treated them like shit. Not to mention Cersei had a reputation for screwing her brother and people believed she killed Robert. I'd give them a pass on this one. Also the walk of shame.

They dismissed the weapon immediately after the battle. The arrow barely penetrates his scales at all, in this episode the arrow rips straight through him.

I'm pretty sure Jaime said something to the effect of 'Qyburn's scorpion can't stop them' after they lost the battle of the loot train.
It penentrated his right wing/shoulder, to the point it was difficult to remove. That's why Dany almost gets killed by Jaime. On only the second time it had ever been fired in battle. It's obvious they're showing the weapon to be a big deal for 2 seasons now.

If I was Jaime I would have been using hyperbole about an enemy that just smoked my army as well.

She blew up the cept of Baelor which would be like a Medieval European monarch blowing up the most important Christian religious site. She also did that but with the High Sparrow and all his followers inside, which would be like murdering the catholic church all in one place. It's a miracle the people didn't revolt in disgust the day afterwards.

Oh, and most of the nobility also died in said fire. She then appointed herself Queen despite not really having an actual claim to the throne. This is also the woman who everyone hated to begin with because of her attitude to the poor and her incestuous/adulterous relationships which were made public.

Why would anybody like her?

The funniest thing is if they had given us book (sorry) Euron then it would have been both more and less believable. I'm still adamant that the real mistake was setting up all of Daenerys' alliances at the very end of Season 6 Episode 10. No tension in Season 7 and made every move Cersei made to balance the scales look far fetched.
He has dragon binder. Which while stupid, is less stupid than magic crossbows on magic boats. Take Raegal out with that would have been cool, would have given Emilia Clarke reason to flee and didn't need magic boats. It needed a magic horn, but nothing's perfect.

It penentrated his right wing/shoulder, to the point it was difficult to remove. That's why Dany almost gets killed by Jaime. On only the second time it had ever been fired in battle. It's obvious they're showing the weapon to be a big deal for 2 seasons now.

If I was Jaime I would have been using hyperbole about an enemy that just smoked my army as well.

It was portrayed as basically being like getting stabbed with a pin. She ripped it out and he was totally cool afterwards, it was basically an inconvenience. A hard to actually fire inconvenience.

They were ridiculously overpowered in Euron's attacks. Incredibly accurate, insane fire rate, seemed to reload after a few seconds and did serious damage to a massive, armoured dragon. They then tore apart another fleet within a matter of seconds.

a9KNv4Z_700bwp.webp
Only creature cards have power/toughness. A sorcery would also describe the effect to its target. It would make more sense to be a legendary vehicle with first strike and reach. Whoever made this doesn't play MTG.

I guess in defense of Dany s lack of tactics with the boats--she just saw another dragon get killed (her babies) and has gone off the deep end before when someone touched or took her dragons. Her not thinking rationally when it comes to the threat of the ships was sort of logical when you consider that.

Tyrion will turn on Dany and support Jon (even though Jon will probably die) - he s clearly had a weak spot for him long before Dany. In many ways he probably sees more similarities with his own plight..more than he ever could with Dany.

She probably just forgot she had dragons or murder was a thing you could do. She's a bit forgetful.

I suppose you could say that most characters wouldn't have spotted it. I just have trouble with it taking Varys this long and Tyrion still hasn't copped on that she's kind of a dick.

They sort of had realised it though given they were both clearly worried when she burned the two Tarlys alive. You also had Tyrion saying something to the effect that the difference between Cersei and Dany was that Dany picked advisors who would check her worst impulses. Tyrion knew/knows those worst impulses were there, he just desperately doesn't want to believe she'd give in to them. Plus, as this episode made clear, the fact that there is an alternative choice now in Jon changes their thinking somewhat.

Sooooooooooooooo why hasn't Arya just sneaked in to King's Landing and killed Cersei yet?

She can kill people and take their faces. Cersei has opened the gates to commoners, she could get in easily, kill a soldier and get in to the castle and work from there.

This is the problem with giving people mega powerful overpowered assassination skills, it creates plot holes. It's something she could clearly do but would be boring for the plot so they'll just have to ignore it.

She strolled past ancient magical beings and then assassinated the oldest and most powerful being in existence. Killing Cersei should be a walk in the fecking park.

I think they do, it was established early in the show, the only royal they really took to was Margaery when she was engaged to Joff and then Tommen. The rest pretty much treated them like shit. Not to mention Cersei had a reputation for screwing her brother and people believed she killed Robert. I'd give them a pass on this one. Also the walk of shame.

She also confessed to infidelity with her cousin and was spat at and abused by the whole city during her walk of shame. Also did blow up a part of the city too.

For all the criticism she gets I think Emilia Clark was pretty good with her acting last episode. Would rather see Daenerys on the throne than Jon but I know that wont happen.

Sooooooooooooooo why hasn't Arya just sneaked in to King's Landing and killed Cersei yet?

She can kill people and take their faces. Cersei has opened the gates to commoners, she could get in easily, kill a soldier and get in to the castle and work from there.

This is the problem with giving people mega powerful overpowered assassination skills, it creates plot holes. It's something she could clearly do but would be boring for the plot so they'll just have to ignore it.

She strolled past ancient magical beings and then assassinated the oldest and most powerful being in existence. Killing Cersei should be a walk in the fecking park.
Maybe she just kind of forgets she can assassinate people. Just kind of forgetting things is going around.

She confessed to infidelity with her cousin and was also spat at and abused by the whole city during her walk of shame. Also did blow up a part of the city too.

For all the criticism she gets I think Emilia Clark was pretty good with her acting last episode. Would rather see Daenerys on the throne than Jon but I know that wont happen.

Is it wrong I want to see them all dead because there is not a brain cell between them. Jon, Dany or Cersei all idiots.

They sort of had realised it though given they were both clearly worried when she burned the two Tarlys alive. You also had Tyrion saying something to the effect that the difference between Cersei and Dany was that Dany picked advisors who would check her worst impulses. Tyrion knew/knows those worst impulses were there, he just desperately doesn't want to believe she'd give in to them. Plus, as this episode made clear, the fact that there is an alternative choice now in Jon changes their thinking somewhat.
I suppose. It still just feels a bit naive from them given who they are.

Isn't that what she's going to King's Landing to do? She did have the distraction of a zombie army of the dead coming to kill her up until like the day before.

Isn't that what she's going to King's Landing to do? She did have the distraction of a zombie army of the dead coming to kill her up until like the day before.
I rather assumed that's where she was off to, yes. It certainly was before she detoured to the North.

It was portrayed as basically being like getting stabbed with a pin. She ripped it out and he was totally cool afterwards, it was basically an inconvenience. A hard to actually fire inconvenience.

They were ridiculously overpowered in Euron's attacks. Incredibly accurate, insane fire rate, seemed to reload after a few seconds and did serious damage to a massive, armoured dragon. They then tore apart another fleet within a matter of seconds.

How long has it been since the first time they used it? It wouldn't really be shocking to think that they've been able to upgrade the weapon so that it's capable of doing what it does now. The "only" thing they really need to do some serious damage with an arrow of that size is velocity.

The only problem I have with it is the accuracy of it. It looked like they went 3 for 3 to kill the first dragon where it would have been more believable if it went down with 20+ arrows being shot at the same time, but I guess realism sometimes takes a backseat in fictional stories about fire ladies, dragons and living dead.

How long has it been since the first time they used it? It wouldn't really be shocking to think that they've been able to upgrade the weapon so that it's capable of doing what it does now. The "only" thing they really need to do some serious damage with an arrow of that size is velocity.

The only problem I have with it is the accuracy of it. It looked like they went 3 for 3 to kill the first dragon where it would have been more believable if it went down with 20+ arrows being shot at the same time, but I guess realism sometimes takes a backseat in fictional stories about fire ladies, dragons and living dead.
It wouldn't have been 3 for 3 from one scorpion. Given the likely reload times, I'd guess that the shots were fired from different weapons on different ships. For all we know, other harpoons missed off-screen. There's not much point in the director showing shots being missed when the interesting part of the scene is the shots that actually make hits.

Euron's ships were hidden and waiting for the dragons (presumably the screeches could be heard them before either Drogon or Rhaegon could spot them in return). It's likely that the bows were trained in the general direction for a while. In any case, after the first shot got lucky, subsequent shots would have been easier against a slower target.

The last 20 min were entertaining, not a strong episode though. I don't think both Jon & Dany will survive this. She will probably die at some point, making things less complicated, allowing him to rule as the rightful heir. Either she will be betrayed or sacrifice herself for him in the end. That's my guess anyway.

Arya appears, Red woman appears, Euron appears, Bronn appears, Missy Worm appears.

...not a lot.

Them fecking dragons are more of a liability than an asset in battle. If it's so damn easy to shoot them in the sky before they spew fire, and if they are so fragile to any sharp weapon, what's the point of bringing them to battle? Armored soldiers last longer. Atleast in both LoTR and ASOIAF, dragons were made of tougher stuff and couldn't likely be felled by isolated spears or shafts.

The last 20 min were entertaining, not a strong episode though. I don't think both Jon & Dany will survive this. She will probably die at some point, making things less complicated, allowing him to rule as the rightful heir. Either she will be betrayed or sacrifice herself for him in the end. That's my guess anyway.

Varys will stab Dany when she turns on Jon. Or something more sophisticated, but clear as day he will be involved in her death. I think Cersei is a goner next episode along with Jaime, the Cleganes, Grey Worm, Euron and others. The final episode is likely to focus on Jon and Dany, possibly on opposite sides.

Am I the only one who thinks everything seems to be rushed?

HBO should've given this another season.

According to Benioff; Rhaegal died because Dany "kind of forgot about Euron's fleet". The writer of the fecking script actually said that was the reason why that shit happened.

I've defending them before, especially last week, but D&D are fecking morons. Great at adapting work, but as good as I am when it comes to creating an original piece of work.
:lol:

Just read that D and D aka dumb and dumber will be directing the season finale. If you were expecting a good ending, you haven’t been paying attention...

Why wait until night? She's on a dragon against a bunch of boats, she could just circle behind them since all the giant magic crossbows are facing forwards and burn them from there.
Hardly anyone would be around and no one would see it coming, almost impossible to aim in darkness

Also Arya has the silent assassin skill (Just ask the NK, may he rest in peace) and the ability to wear someone's face, with the gate open she could just wonder in and find her way to Cersei!

Last edited: