Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Missandei dying was for the better of Grey Worm. She was a bad influence on him. As an unsullied he needs to solely be focused on the task at hand.

What a shit episode. It's clear D&D are hack writers, who couldn't handle not having GRRM's material to rely on.

They have a few months to write what GRRM hasn’t been able to write in a decade with a much more difficult medium and very tough budget and scheduling issues to deal with. No TV writer on the planet would succeed in these circumstances. No shit that the narrative can’t hold up to what it used to be. It’s an impossible job.

If it was possible to triple the budget and make it 15 seasons instead of 8 there would be less plotholes. That’s not how things work though.

Criticism is definitely deserved for a lot of things. The constant negativity at things that are perfectly fine by people who hate watch the show is honestly ridiculous.

They have a few months to write what GRRM hasn’t been able to write in a decade with a much more difficult medium and very tough budget and scheduling issues to deal with. No TV writer on the planet would succeed in these circumstances. No shit that the narrative can’t hold up to what it used to be. It’s an impossible job.

If it was possible to triple the budget and make it 15 seasons instead of 8 there would be less plotholes. That’s not how things work though.

Criticism is definitely deserved for a lot of things. The constant negativity at things that are perfectly fine by people who hate watch the show is honestly ridiculous.

I don't hate the show, although the last two episodes have definitely turned me off of it. They had a chance to finish the series off properly, but after a decent and good start with episodes 1 and 2, episode 3 was visually pleasing but a storytelling disaster, and 4 was just plain awful. This is going to be like Battlestar Galactica for me. Some of the best stuff on television, until it wasn't.

You dont really need to be a genius to write the story not considering they can actually hire writers. Cersei telling euron that she is a queen not a whore but a queen and telling him that he has to earn her and then fecking him 30 seconds later.

b91n619t9lw21.jpg

:lol:
:lol:

Ill never understand why Cersei doesnt doesnt just ballista and bow and arrow em to death. Not like she's honorable.

Ill never understand why Cersei doesnt doesnt just ballista and bow and arrow em to death. Not like she's honorable.
That would be an anticlimactic ending that actually made sense, if team Dany and her advisory team of amoebae were dumb enough to simply walk into shooting range and even bring their sole remaining asset. Unlike the ending for that icy dude, whatshisname, liked to smirk, wasn't all that important

Gendry is no longer a bastard. So he's heir to Robert's throne now. King Gendry!

Have to say I'm fearing that as it would be dumb . Hardly seen him in 8 seasons and yet he would end up king . He wasn't even in 4 seasons .

That would ruin any re watch for me . Let's look at clues to how he won the throne . Who ? Where is he? who is he?

I actually didn't think this episode was as bad as people made out, which probably speaks more to the lowered expectations I now have, but once again there were a couple of moments which killed it. The dragon getting butchered so easily as Euron's ships appeared out of nowhere, especially after the dragons have typically been made out to be such a deciding factor in the war and yet now they suddenly become one of the most vulnerable creatures on the battlefield. Unless they quickly design some armoured plates for Drogon I'm not sure what worth he has now; alternatively, the next episode may revert to the narrative that the dragons are incredibly powerful and hard to kill. And then it was ridiculous how easily the ships were annihilated.

The closing scene was such a surreal scenario that it negated the potential for it to generate any real tension. There is no chance that based on the characters of Cersei and Euron that have been established that they would not just wipe out Daenerys and co when they stood so defenceless in front of the castle. What on earth would be the rationale for not doing so? Likewise, what on earth would be the rationale for Daenerys putting herself in such a vulnerable position, when she's literally already had one of her 'children' murdered very shortly before. It was far too baffling to have any credibility as a scene that was designed to be the climactic showdown of the episode.

Having re-watched episode 3, I did enjoy it a lot more than on first viewing. This episode, though, I feel will only get worse if I ever bother to rewatch it.

That would be an anticlimactic ending that actually made sense, if team Dany and her advisory team of amoebae were dumb enough to simply walk into shooting range and even bring their sole remaining asset. Unlike the ending for that icy dude, whatshisname, liked to smirk, wasn't all that important

Actually it would’ve been red wedding worthy. Tyrion a villain all along. Setting the scene for a final battle Jon vs Cercei.

Have to say I'm fearing that as it would be dumb . Hardly seen him in 8 seasons and yet he would end up king . He wasn't even in 4 seasons .

That would ruin any re watch for me . Let's look at clues to how he won the throne . Who ? Where is he? who is he?
It's going to be dumb. Deep down you know there's going to be a contrived twist to put someone stupid on the throne. It will be one last big pointless twist for shock value.

Yeah, Im glad she didnt of course, but any sort of negotiation seems entirely moot at this point. There is zero chance of any sort of mutual understanding.

Ah well, still excited for the last 2 episodes, but it's good that it's ending.

Up until two weeks ago I thought him and Podrick were the same guy.

Wildfire will be the last thing to touch the throne seat. Cersei and Dany will both destroy everything together in the battle.

Hopefully taking every one of them with it leaving some peasant to wander in and be king.

Wildfire will be the last thing to touch the throne seat. Cersei and Dany will both destroy everything together in the battle.

Hopefully taking every one of them with it leaving some peasant to wander in and be king.

Hot Pie, first of his name. Baker of bread. Stewer of stews. Server of ales. The unhungry. The breaker of belts.

Arya can just faceless man up to Cersei and kill her.

Easy, no bullshit.

Daenarys will go mad king, recognize she has become the tyrant she wanted to rid the world from. She will sacrifice herself for the greater good.

The hound will either save Aryas life, or avenge her death by fighting the Mountain.

Jamie will kill Cersei himself.

Hot Pie, first of his name. Baker of bread. Stewer of stews. Server of ales. The unhungry. The breaker of belts.

I like this.

No. It will spill over into the set of a musical cabaret like the end of Blazing Saddles.

I like this too.

Both better ideas than what we are going to get! Add Greyworm doing a weekend at Bernie's with Missy's corpse, and we are good to go.

Arya can just faceless man up to Cersei and kill her.

Easy, no bullshit.

Daenarys will go mad king, recognize she has become the tyrant she wanted to rid the world from. She will sacrifice herself for the greater good.

The hound will either save Aryas life, or avenge her death by fighting the Mountain.

Jamie will kill Cersei himself.

We are totally going to get a tag-team trash moment which ends in Mountain being set on fire and killed (irony lulz!), and the hound dying from his wounds.

Unreal to think after Episode 3 a lot of us thought that there would be too much time to stretch out the last fight against Cersei, and now all I can think is how rushed that was. No matter what anyone says, pacing DOES matter. It gives moments to reflect on, it allows time for characters to interact in situations that are not apparent in their importance to the story but merely there to enrich the universe. It muddies the water and builds suspense. Quite simply, that suspense is long gone. The plot points this episode are fine (Jaime humps and dumps Brienne, Bron negotiates a Trump style deal with Tyrion, Dany starts her descent into madness, Jon's secret spreads, Euron ambushes and kills a dragon, Tyrion and Qyburn parley, Missandei wins this week's Weight Watchers biggest loser) but it was all rushed through much like Dany at the gates of Qarth where the whole thing just felt like a pantomime.

No surprise Kit said this was his favourite episode. He's just as dumb as his character.

If that really was the goodbye to Ghost, that's the most unrealistic moment of the series. When I used to go to work for a few hours I would give my dog a more emotional goodbye.

I find Varys plotting against Dany a bit weak. He gave Dany his word that he would serve her after supported Robert in trying to assainate her, and now yet again he's plotting against someone he's sworn to serve.

Sansa as this great plotter and schemer just comes of silly. She's a bitch and the actress makes her sound so dull even though she's supposed to be cunning.

I don't see either why Dany wants to move on Kings Landing immediately. She could spend time replenishing her forces and try to get the rest of the big houses in westeros to join her claim since Cersei massacred her own allies. The lords connected with the baratheons should want to join her, as well as the minor houses connected with Highgarden and the Dornish as well.

I don't get why Arya just does not use her skills and magic to infiltrate Kings Landing and kill Cersei. It should be the easiest things in the world at this point and would spare thousands of soldiers and innocents from being killed.

Not sure what Jaime is up to. Considering he's just been told by Bronn that Cersei want's him assasinated I would find it difficult to believe he's going back to fight for her. Maybe maggie's prophecy comes true and he kills her. Don't know at this point.

Dragons suddenly killed easily. Don't really see what threat Drogon possess now.

Varys has always been for the realm. His word to her is based on her being best for realm.

Sansa learning from LF. Not that much of an issue.

Dany is worried about everybody finding out about Jon or people going for his claim. So she’s going in whilst its strongest in her opinion.

Well, Arya is heading towards KL. Her saying she will do this won’t stop Dany from attacking esp as Dany had two dragons and wants to be the one that ends Cerseis reign.

You’re using ‘you not being sure of Jaimes motive’ as criticism? hmm

Well the biggest dragon got hurt and dropped last season from one of those arrow.Three, including one to the head took one out completely.

I get that and agree that first 4, maybe 5 seasons were like that. But 7th one especially was uber brainless Hollywood stuff, I mean you had Dany swooping in on a dragon for a big save in same way as Arya in last one. So I am just surprised people are so disappointed now in this season while were fine with Season 7? Last great proper GOT episode was Winds of Winter.

With regards to the last minute saves, seen it in previous seasons. Less so with Jon being saved with wildlings thanks to Stannis.
Tywin coming in last second to save Cersei and Tommen from suicide. Its happened quite a bit.
Benjen last minute save after Battle of bastard.
Vale saving Jon in battle of bastards.

I didn’t mind Bronn scene. He’s been fcked off nearly every single time. He’s just pissed off and wants what he’s owed (but obviously thinks a side with a dragon as the best chance).

And the last scene at the end.
We’ve seen so many times that enemies come close by.
Jon/Ramsay
Renly/Stannis.
Sure they could have fired down, but there’s no guarantee for Cersei that the dragon is taken out as well as Dany. She’s giving herself less chance of a defence by attacking there imo.

Cersei could have fired upon Dany and crew, but I assume the Unsullied would have just jumped in front of her, Ballistas are not rapid firing after all. And Drogon sat far enough away for it to be believable that they wouldn't hit him automatically. Fair enough. :D It would have been funny in a sick way if she pushed Missandei but she didn't die, and just lay there moaning at several broken bones. :lol::eek:

Gendry could end up on the throne, you know. Most people alive in Westeros have only lived under Baratheon leadership, as far as they know. Robert was king for something like 2 decades before the first episode. Targaryens did invade from Essos, just as Dany is now doing. Anyone can theoretically take the throne if they can win enough support and hold it militarily.

I'm still #TeamCersei though. She's delightfully evil, and I love everything about it.

Cersei could have fired upon Dany and crew, but I assume the Unsullied would have just jumped in front of her, Ballistas are not rapid firing after all. And Drogon sat far enough away for it to be believable that they wouldn't hit him automatically. Fair enough. :D It would have been funny in a sick way if she pushed Missandei but she didn't die, and just lay there moaning at several broken bones. :lol::eek:

Gendry could end up on the throne, you know. Most people alive in Westeros have only lived under Baratheon leadership, as far as they know. Robert was king for something like 2 decades before the first episode. Targaryens did invade from Essos, just as Dany is now doing. Anyone can theoretically take the throne if they can win enough support and hold it militarily.

I'm still #TeamCersei though. She's delightfully evil, and I love everything about it.

Nah that's nonsense, they would easily have wiped them all out with one volley.

But I'm with you on team Cersei!

Sons of Harpy and Dorne stuff was worse than what weve had this season imo.

You dont really need to be a genius to write the story not considering they can actually hire writers. Cersei telling euron that she is a queen not a whore but a queen and telling him that he has to earn her and then fecking him 30 seconds later.

Was that really an issue? It showed how cornered and desperate she was.
She wants to act like a queen with class, but cant to remain in power.

Nah that's nonsense, they would easily have wiped them all out with one volley.

But I'm with you on team Cersei!

Were they all manned at the time? have to see it again. Just know they had arrows there ready to fire at Tyrion.

Sons of Harpy and Dorne stuff was worse than what weve had this season imo.

Was that really an issue? It showed how cornered and desperate she was.
She wants to act like a queen with class, but cant to remain in power.

Were they all manned at the time? have to see it again. Just know they had arrows there ready to fire at Tyrion.

It's not relevant if they were manned (though all had 3 guys around them) as the point is she easily could have. Especially as you had good old captain dead-eye right there.

Not that it would ever happen on tv anyway, but let's not bother making excuses as to why they might not have succeeded there. If this was in any way real, Cersei would have easily wiped them all there plain and simple ;)