Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Seriously can't remember a season with this many plot holes. Has it always been like this? Maybe it's because I've binge-watched all the previous seasons so I haven't really dwelled on these sort of things before jumping to the next episode.

What did people read into Missandei's last words? I half expected Drogon to rise up behind Cersei and start burning shit up :lol:

Or was it more of a subtle message to Daenerys to burn them all?

Latest episode currently rated 7.6 on IMDb, which is sure to plummet further the more time passes since its air time. On course to be the worst rated episode in Game of Thrones history. By a long way, too.

Says it all, really.
Not surprised.
  • The unecessary time spent on Jora (I mean, come on now, nobody cares) and Theon's deaths. Jon's speech. All very cheesy.
  • The scene with the Starks which was ultimate cringe, which ended with Jon saying "You tell them". Terrible writing.
  • Drinking celebratory scenes - good stuff.
  • Bron scene - jarring.
  • The final standoff - utterly ridiculous. Something out of a comic book.
  • Cersie - stop smirking.
  • Too much time spent on Jon .. or Dany.. or Jon. Even their romance just feels so forced

Personally I'm still hoping that big fcuking red meteor/comet (wasn't it mentioned in season 2?) is going to hit the planet at the end.
Only possible if turns out that Euron was in charge of it.

What did people read into Missandei's last words? I half expected Drogon to rise up behind Cersei and start burning shit up :lol:

Dramatic effect. They wanted us to feel a dragon would arrive.

Serious lack of convo regarding Jon being a cnut to Ghost. Hope he gets his fecking throat cut.

It was also a call back to season three when Daenerys said dracarys to torch the slavers who held Missandei. That's how i read it anyway.

I just don't get the show anymore.

Everything just feels so forced and disconnected.
Brienne and Jaime had to feck, because they needed someone to see him off when he went back to Cersei (for whatever reason). Even the way they set it up. Tyrion asking Brienne a pretty cruel question in the middle of an innocent drinking game?

Weird criticism. Jaime and Brienne have had sexual tension since the third season and there was always unresolved feelings in their relationship. Tyrion knew of their feelings for one another and was manipulating the situation to get them together.

The latter. It was the whole point of the scene.

100% this. It was clear as day what it meant.

It paves the way for Dany to go full mental, and the rest I think we all expect now anyway.

Cersei holding Missandei hostage and executing her was a bit lame imo. Did Cersei really know anything about Missandei anyway? Why did Cersei think Dany would surrender because of her? Dany should have held Jaime hostage for something similar.

Cersei holding Missandei hostage and executing her was a bit lame imo. Did Cersei really know anything about Missandei anyway? Why did Cersei think Dany would surrender because of her? Dany should have held Jaime hostage for something similar.

That was entirely bizarre all round, from why Missy to how they even knew she was captured.

Still also think it would have been much better if Cersei just pushed her off when she had her hand raised.

That was entirely bizarre all round, from why Missy to how they even knew she was captured.

Still also think it would have been much better if Cersei just pushed her off when she had her hand raised.

I think to answer why Missy - they must have known her to be an important pawn from the meeting they all had in Season 7.

I wonder what the relationship is like between D&D and Martin. I just wonder whether they were assured that the books would be finished so they could continue to adapt from them. I just can't see them signing up to write this if they thought Martin wouldn't finish the series. I don't think they signed up to write fan fiction.

I think to answer why Missy - they must have known her to be an important pawn from the meeting they all had in Season 7.

She wasn't really that important though. Her primary job was being a translator and good looking. In westeros she's doesn't have a job. It's not like she was the hand of the queen like Tyrion, who is absolutely bloody awful at his job and she could have killed him easily anyway. Well all of them actually.

That genuinely surprised me, I thought the obvious move was for Cersei to shove her off.

Weird criticism. Jaime and Brienne have had sexual tension since the third season and there was always unresolved feelings in their relationship. Tyrion knew of their feelings for one another and was manipulating the situation to get them together.

Even if we assume that Tyrion was trying to help things along he's supposed to be one of the smoothest talkers in the kingdoms, here he's acting with the charme and subtlety of a sledgehammer.

That genuinely surprised me, I thought the obvious move was for Cersei to shove her off.

Yeah. Maybe they wanted to bait us into thinking she wouldn't kill her after all?

Even if we assume that Tyrion was trying to help things along he's supposed to be one of the smoothest talkers in the kingdoms, here he's acting with the charme and subtlety of a sledgehammer.

That's nothing new since the book material ran out. Tyrion is probably the dumbest character in the show now despite his only known quality is wit and intelligence. Only Jon is dumber and he is really fecking dumb.

She wasn't really that important though. Her primary job was being a translator and good looking. In westeros she's doesn't have a job. It's not like she was the hand of the queen like Tyrion, who is absolutely bloody awful at his job and she could have killed him easily anyway. Well all of them actually.

And yet she was trusted to stand alongside Dany in the initial meeting when no translator was needed. She was seen to be an important pawn from then I guess?

Also - agree with the plot-hole of not killing everyone when Cersei had the chance at the end of the episode.

Euron is so dreadfully written. The past two episodes have been dreadful in hindsight.

Why wasnt there a scouting party sent ahead to Dragonstone? How did Dany not see Euron's fleet?

Its disheartening at this point.

And yet she was trusted to stand alongside Dany in the initial meeting when no translator was needed. She was seen to be an important pawn from then I guess?

Also - agree with the plot-hole of not killing everyone when Cersei had the chance at the end of the episode.

Still Missandei hasn't been shown to have any special use apart from being a translator and an envoy of Dany. The rest of her hands and advisors had some sort qualifications to give her military and political advice. Missandei is just good looking and obviously a good girl for screwing a guy without a cock.

Euron is so dreadfully written. The past two episodes have been dreadful in hindsight.

Why wasnt there a scouting party sent ahead to Dragonstone? How did Dany not see Euron's fleet?

Its disheartening at this point.

It's unreal that a show with so much money and fame can't hire some decent writers to keep the show somewhat believable.

It's kind of Euron's thing. He just pops up out of nowhere and takes all the glory.

I've never been one of those people who says if you dont like it, dont watch it but my god I'm convinced some of you watch this with the lights on and a note pad so that you can write down any minor inconsistency and then complain about it in this thread. The dedicated to do that at 2 am is incredible.

It really wasnt all that different. And I dont mind people criticizing it, I have plenty of times. It's just the absolute joylessness that amazes me. I've watched some shows to the bitter end that sucked way worse than this (sons of anarchy) and I just had them on while doing something else and fast forward liberally. I certainly didnt write weekly essays about every little detail.

If this level of nitpicking and criticism was applied to the earlier seasons it would be like "how did the dothraki cover all this ground in 4 episodes when according to the books the dothraki sea is X miles long and that should take at least 7 episodes?". How did Robert and his entourage arrive at Winterfell in such good shape, why havent we been shown the supply chain that kept them fed along the road?

Pretty much agree with all of this.

I don't take the show seriously but that was a shit episode :lol:

Admittedly with a few high points at the end.

So. Much. :wenger:

Not surprised.
  • The unecessary time spent on Jora (I mean, come on now, nobody cares) and Theon's deaths. Jon's speech. All very cheesy.

Two characters who have been in the show from the first episode and have significant relationships with the show’s protagonists? Really?

Two characters who have been in the show from the first episode and have significant relationships with the show’s protagonists? Really?

Agree. Jorah and Theon were actually some of the best written and acted characters in the show.

Weren’t they all hammered?

Nah Jon's speech was fecking naff. Shite actor.

Jon and his actor are just dumb. I find it hard to believe that Westeros would believe he is the son of Rhaegar who was one of the most intelligent and artistic of the lords and royalty.

Grey Worm had better end this on a beach in Narth after that.

I thought Missandei would die on the beach at Dragonstone in GW arms. A bit on the nose but probably better than rehashing the Euron takes a minor character hostage thing again.

Cersei pushing misandei before her last words would have had a right cnut feeling about it..
And misandei to drag cersei along with her, falling on tyrion breaking their fall, killing misandei but somehow tyrion fails to kill her because of sisterly love you know just cos..

They spent less clichéd emotional time mourning Ned Stark FFS. I mean, it's Jora. They already gave him the hero's exit at the end of the last episode which was nicely done.

Did anyone notice that when Tyrion was giving his speech to Cersei, he mentioned her baby - surely at that point Euron needs to question how Tyrion knows she's pregnant?!

Also, I don't get Sansa's hate for Daenerys... she's sacrificed most of her forces to help the north but Sansa hates her.

Euron must have caught that. We didn't get to see him when Tyrion was talking about it but surely that was deliberate so to not make it too obvious that he put two and two together?