Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Going to get boring if we just keep complaining about the shows lack of consistent internal logic. It’s lacked this since season 7.

The show has jumped the shark so bearing that in mind it was decent entertainment and it’s going to be interesting to see how all this plays out - Cersei is in a very strong position.

When Viserion was killed by the NK in season 7 it had an impact because it made the latter seem formidable as a foe.

Now it’s easy to kill one of them and any pirate with a few ships can do it. Rhaegal’s death was fairly meh for me.

Going to get boring if we just keep complaining about the shows lack of consistent internal logic. It’s lacked this since season 7.

The show has jumped the shark so bearing that in mind it was decent entertainment and it’s going to be interesting to see how all this plays out - Cersei is in a very strong position.

3 arrows took down Rhaegal, it really shouldn't be a contest.

Cersei should have pushed her. That would have been so much better writing and more fun.

When she had that hand up to drop the arrows. It should have been on Mel's back.
With a prolonged minute or so of comedy arm flailing right at the edge of the wall. Like when Sonic gets too close to the edge of a platform. That would have been very dramatic and might have given Missandei something to do that wasn't fecking awful after 8 seasons.

With a prolonged minute or so of comedy arm flailing right at the edge of the wall. Like when Sonic gets too close to the edge of a platform. That would have been very dramatic and might have given Missandei something to do that wasn't fecking awful after 8 seasons.

:lol:

I laugh because that's both funny, but also out of sadness for how true it is :(

They can try and make Dany out to be some mad Queen and she has done some major stupid stuff but I think she is and has been justified in her actions recently:

- It may be for her end game but she didn't HAVE to help the North. Could have done a Cercei
- She lost most her army which she singlehandedly built together
- She has now lost 2 dragons
- She sees Jon is more loved and absolutely spot on that Sansa is a bitch
- She just lost her bestie
- She literally had nobody on the show that is like family/to the same levels people like Jon and co have had

If anything, Sansa is the fecking villain here

Someone on Reddit said it better, but either way, glad I am not the only one thinking Dany isn't just being mad for the sake of it:

Picture this. Your oldest friend dies. You dragon child(Viserion) dies. Child 2 - Rheagal, dies. Your fleet destroyed. Your best friend - murdered. Your boyfriend - well he has a better claim to the throne, and people like him more. Even though he says he doesn't want the throne, it feels like things are moving towards that being a possible outcome.

All of these things would absolutely wreck a person emotionally. Further, every time you try and do something the way others want - it ends disastrously for you. ENOUGH.

Dany is alone, and tired. And I'll say this - Emilia's acting this episode was, to me, fantastic. I could feel the desperation with Jon, the sudden hardness and ferocity when she told him what to do - the pain of Rheagal's death - and in the end, the fury of Missendei's death.

That was fecking atrocious writing. The party, I was fine with.
The invisible fleet with deadly, wave riding accuracy.
The sending of a vulnerable target in Tyrion as envoy.
The non-attack by Cersei who had just thumbed her nose at convention, but decides to play a straight bat, so she can be attacked by a bigger force.
Varys who is a master-diplomat voicing his treason to the queen's loyal hand.
Dany's lack of empathy to her battle-weary army.
The Missendei must have been captured business.
The lack of return fire from the beleaguered fleet.
Missendei knowing what's coming, not trying to drag Cersei over the edge.
The kamikaze dragon dive without a hit.

I could go on, but that is enough to demonstrate that this episode was written by Prestige Worldwide.

Someone on Reddit said it better, but either way, glad I am not the only one thinking Dany isn't just being mad for the sake of it:

Here's the thing, she's not mad for the sake of it. The entire show right from the moment she's introduced gives her reason.

I don't understand why people could never see the turn coming, and why even if she wasn't even a Targ, she might be a little loopy after all that

At the same time I don't blame Sansa for not trusting her
She shouldn't cos Jon does cos she probably thinks Jon is an idiot based on battle of bastards

Fantastic episode. I didn't think they could top last week but they did, somehow.

Euron is a fantastic villain. He's added an important dimension to Cersei's push against Dany. Speaking of Cersei, she is arguably the perfect character. Everyone hates her, but we relate to her too.

Bronn is the character we don't know how to feel about, and this episode captured that perfectly. His scene with Tyrion and Jamie was gold.

The character development between Jamie and Brienne was brilliant. And Arya rejecting Gendry was perfect. The writers did a fantastic job in staying true to the characters and pushing the boundaries with them.

Best of all is how they develop the cunning side of Sansa and the despotic side of Daneris. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. It's poised on a knife's edge with 1 dragon left, dwindling support for Dany, loyalty divided with Jamie, and the North tired from the war.

Best episode of the season and top 4 of all time GoT.

At the same time I don't blame Sansa for not trusting her
She shouldn't cos Jon does cos she probably thinks Jon is an idiot based on battle of bastards

She doesn't trust her because she sees the games she was playing by getting Gendry onside.

So she then plays her own with the prostitutes.

She sees Dany for who she is, but she's also a cold calculating woman. That's the only interesting angle left.

I'm gonna fill in blanks and guess bran is the reason they know missendei got captured
Right? Right ?

Fantastic episode. I didn't think they could top last week but they did, somehow.

Euron is a fantastic villain. He's added an important dimension to Cersei's push against Dany. Speaking of Cersei, she is arguably the perfect character. Everyone hates her, but we relate to her too.

Bronn is the character we don't know how to feel about, and this episode captured that perfectly. His scene with Tyrion and Jamie was gold.

The character development between Jamie and Brienne was brilliant. And Arya rejecting Gendry was perfect. The writers did a fantastic job in staying true to the characters and pushing the boundaries with them.

Best of all is how they develop the cunning side of Sansa and the despotic side of Daneris. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. It's poised on a knife's edge with 1 dragon left, dwindling support for Dany, loyalty divided with Jamie, and the North tired from the war.

Best episode of the season and top 4 of all time GoT.

:lol: I couldn't agree more!

:lol:

I laugh because that's both funny, but also out of sadness for how true it is :(
:( We'll always have that time she fecked a eunuch.

Missendei, you'll always be missed. Not in any sort of meaningful way, but in the way one might miss a vase that looked nice in the corner but had recently been broken. A vase that once fecked a eunuch.

I'm gonna fill in blanks and guess bran is the reason they know missendei got captured
Right? Right ?

Said it in here at the time. How the feck did anyone know?

Btw, I still haven't seen any kind of answer to my Bran question about what exactly he's ever done for the plot. In fact, the only time his face served a purpose was when Jon threw the explanation ball right back at it...

She doesn't trust her because she sees the games she was playing by getting Gendry onside.

So she then plays her own with the prostitutes.

She sees Dany for who she is, but she's also a cold calculating woman. That's the only interesting angle left.

Yeah
I don't mind her and dany against each other
Dany tried to play nice but Sansa isn't having it
So dany plays the game but doesn't tell Sansa what happens to North once she wins
And now dany is crumbling - based on what is happening to what she wanted

Here's the thing, she's not mad for the sake of it. The entire show right from the moment she's introduced gives her reason.

I don't understand why people could never see the turn coming, and why even if she wasn't even a Targ, she might be a little loopy after all that

Exactly. From her point of view, it's pretty reasonable to be pissed off right now.

Another question I have - Cercei is meant to be ruthless, it's now war time between her and Daenery's. So why did she, at point blank range not kill Daenery's, Tyrion and Vary's? I miss Tywin more by the episode, he'd have ended this by now - the only smart Lannister (in comparison)

Another thing: why is no one talking about how OP Pod is? Apparently now he can fight, he can sing, pull a threesome anytime.

Talk about deuce ex machina.

Said it in here at the time. How the feck did anyone know?

Btw, I still haven't seen any kind of answer to my Bran question about what exactly he's ever done for the plot. In fact, the only time his face served a purpose was when Jon threw the explanation ball right back at it...

Cos of him Jon and thus dany know that Jon is actual heir (legit marriage right )
He confirmed or found out one part and Sam the other
Or he found out that Jon is son of lyanna.i think that's it

This is leading to conflict for dany

Exactly. From her point of view, it's pretty reasonable to be pissed off right now.

Another question I have - Cercei is meant to be ruthless, it's now war time between her and Daenery's. So why did she, at point blank range not kill Daenery's, Tyrion and Vary's? I miss Tywin more by the episode, he'd have ended this by now - the only smart Lannister (in comparison)

I've already asked that.

Best answer so far it "they aren't the same dragon killing ballistas!" Or something.

Cos of him Jon and thus dany know that Jon is actual heir (legit marriage right )
He confirmed or found out one part and Sam the other
Or he found out that Jon is son of lyanna.i think that's it

This is leading to conflict for dany

Sam figured it out without him, or always would have. Bran didn't know.

So, that's at best half a point. At very best. Even then, Sam did the work.

I've already asked that.

Best answer so far it "they aren't the same dragon killing ballistas!" Or something.

I am grateful there is only one episode left of this shit. I shouldn't be having more questions of this nature the closer we get to the end

Ghost is missing an ear, bloodied and hurt and you can't even give him a little pet goodbye?

Ride south and die, aunt fecker.

Ghost is missing an ear, bloodied and hurt and you can't even give him a little pet goodbye?

Yeah, that was unacceptable. Probably the coldest moment of the episode, followed by Arya shooting down Gendry

Sam figured it out without him, or always would have. Bran didn't know.

So, that's at best half a point. At very best. Even then, Sam did the work.
I think just the parent thing when he went and saw Jon's birth
And Sam figured out the marriage
Basically needed them both

And maybe to be night king bait :lol:

Glad ghost is going to the true north. The real hero