Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

If we get Cleganebowl then the show runners can feck off. If they go for the surprise and not have it happen then they can also feck off. Seriously, just feck the feck off and go back to writing shit action movies David Benioff. And "DB" Weiss - do you call yourself "DB" because it makes you sound more interesting than you actually are. Because that's your writing in a nutshell; skin deep.
Cleganebowl but it's literally a game of bowling

What, the part where Cersei could have ended them all there and then, yet went with "fan favourite" missandre?

I think Cersei is trying to make her emotional so she makes a big mistake rushing in. The only truly vulnerable one was Tyrion. And yes they could have tried to shoot at the dragon, but the dragon has just seen its brother shot so... I'm guessing it would be ready and move out the way?

I think they were supposed to take care of Greyjoy's fleet bringing food to the city, like they said earlier. They werent expecting Cersei to have the ballista weapons.

I mean she probably should have been ready for anything and not exposed herself, but at the same time during the show only the Nightking had been a real threat to her dragons in the air. And he just died. So maybe she thought now her dragons were going to be safe like all the rest of the time. Still arrogant I guess

True but then that's when her 'advisors' should have said Euron is some master sailor and not easy on the sea. And they know Yara loves Dany and taken control of the Iron Islands again - so why not call her in?

But my main bit that confuses me is I still don't get how 2 dragons and her flying around didn't see a fleet. The rock wasn't that big

Actually yeah thinking about it, nothing comes close. By far the worst episode of GoT. So much of it was dumb.
It's like they saw the harsh reactions to the Zombie Kidnap episode last season and thought "Shit, we need to find a way to stop people talking about it...". Sadly their approach to that wasn't "...so let's knuckle down do the best work of our careers in Season 8!" but is actually "...so let's proper shit the bed next time!"

Really pissed-off with them killing Rhaegal like that - after having him survive last week I thought they might actually have him do something useful rather than just endlessly focusing on Drogan, but no there he goes as pathetically as ever :mad:

Poor Ghost as well :(

I think Cersei is trying to make her emotional so she makes a big mistake rushing in. The only truly vulnerable one was Tyrion. And yes they could have tried to shoot at the dragon, but the dragon has just seen its brother shot so... I'm guessing it would be ready and move out the way?

Oh come on ffs. They literally just shot a moving dragon out of the air, from a boat moving on the waves, with 3 shots!

Even then, why not just shoot Dany?

True but then that's when her 'advisors' should have said Euron is some master sailor and not easy on the sea. And they know Yara loves Dany and taken control of the Iron Islands again - so why not call her in?

But my main bit that confuses me is I still don't get how 2 dragons and her flying around didn't see a fleet. The rock wasn't that big

The Night King's frost storm! ...oh wait that was the previous episode

Yeah I dunno. And when they were revealed wasnt there just Greyjoy on one of those ballistas? So how did he fire like 4 shots in quick succession when it needs to be constantly reloaded and set before shooting? Maybe I missed the other ones firing

Really disliked Brienne crying over Jaime. She is a much stronger character than that.

Emilia Clarke's best episode though, Dany was the highlight.

They can try and make Dany out to be some mad Queen and she has done some major stupid stuff but I think she is and has been justified in her actions recently:

- It may be for her end game but she didn't HAVE to help the North. Could have done a Cercei
- She lost most her army which she singlehandedly built together
- She has now lost 2 dragons
- She sees Jon is more loved and absolutely spot on that Sansa is a bitch
- She just lost her bestie
- She literally had nobody on the show that is like family/to the same levels people like Jon and co have had

If anything, Sansa is the fecking villain here

...I mean she probably should have been ready for anything and not exposed herself, but at the same time during the show only the Nightking had been a real threat to her dragons in the air...
Except for the small matter of the same weapon shooting her largest dragon out of the air last season.

I understand it would be jarring to just go from the battle of the dead straight to the battle against Cersei but fecking hell they spent about 40 minutes on a drunken winterfell party.

And, it took about 3 weeks to a month to get to Dragonstone.

Oh come on ffs. They literally just shot a moving dragon out of the air, from a boat moving on the waves, with 3 shots!

Even then, why not just shoot Dany?

Is she in range? If so why did they only prepare to fire on Tyrion when he walked right up to the castle?

They can try and make Dany out to be some mad Queen and she has done some major stupid stuff but I think she is and has been justified in her actions recently:

- It may be for her end game but she didn't HAVE to help the North. Could have done a Cercei
- She literally had nobody on the show that is like family/to the same levels people like Jon and co have had

Oh yeah, Sansa is a stone cold Bitch.

I understand it would be jarring to just go from the battle of the dead straight to the battle against Cersei but fecking hell they spent about 40 minutes on a drunken winterfell party.

I might be in a minority, but I really enjoyed that scene. I had a big smile on my face throughout the whole drunken party.

The Night King's frost storm! ...oh wait that was the previous episode

Yeah I dunno. And when they were revealed wasnt there just Greyjoy on one of those ballistas? So how did he fire like 4 shots in quick succession when it needs to be constantly reloaded and set before shooting? Maybe I missed the other ones firing

Yeah exactly, the storm I was OK with last time but this was a damn clear day!f If it was at night it would have been more acceptable

They showed the other ships having weapons but not sure if they were as powerful - either way at that point them shooting down the dragon with a water pistol would have felt the same

I actually didn't mind the varys/tyrion scenes

I'm guessing they were trying to portray that dany and her fleet were out of range of an attack hence why tyrion met half way with qyburn

:lol::lol: You're actually trying to use logic to explain anything that just happened. Fair play to you, but that's an uphill battle.

I mean... How else do you have a discussion about a tv show if not by using logic? I thought it was mostly okay, but still definitely some questionable choices

Me too :lol:

It was fecking stupid, just like having Jaime mount the mountain, but it was at least a bit of fun.

Yeah exactly. There are two episodes left of this show. We’re not ever going to see most of these characters again. We just got done with an episode that was entirely a big fight scene. I enjoyed a light hearted fun scene like that.

That moment when Tormund was telling the hound about Jaime coming north and taking Brienne was priceless :lol:

Sigh, im going to bed. That Dragon death and the scenes after were fecking embarassing.

Emilia Clarke did at least put in her best episode imo, but feck me it's all happening so fast for Daenerys.

Sansa's a villain because she doesn't trust Dany? :lol:

If you want to go over what Dany has been through, do the same with Sansa. Don't miss out the rape, forced marriage and having to watch her father be beheaded and have to pretend to like the man who ordered it.

Also I'm guessing this is now weeks after the attack from the dead and took several time jumps throughout the episode (which I'm fine with )

And Varys? How can it be said they haven't totally butchered that character too. Like the NK, he was a starting point and he ends up looking like a right dribbling moron :lol:
They’ve wrecked Varys and Vanilla Ice, after managing to make Tyrion and Littlefinger lame just previously.

At least Tyrion’s back on the sauce. Maybe he’ll be interesting again.

Why did Bronn accept Tyrion's offer? One minute he's all smart and switching sides, the next he's taking an offer that he must surely know Tyrion does not have the power to fulfil

Oh yeah, Sansa is a stone cold Bitch.

One of my main issues is that they have failed to do the character developments/reasonings other than top line 'i don't like them or they aren't one of us' crap.

Sansa and Jamie went on massive character arc's and have reverted to type. In the old seasons when characters flip flopped they always have proper or logical reasons

Why did Bronn accept Tyrion's offer? One minute he's all smart and switching sides, the next he's taking an offer that he must surely know Tyrion does not have the power to fulfil

Cos he believes that moreso than cerseis offer given that they had two dragons at the time

I mean... How else do you have a discussion about a tv show if not by using logic? I thought it was mostly okay, but still definitely some questionable choices
That would be a fine and noble goal if the show itself stuck to any sort of logic, but it doesn't. Things just happen because that's what the writers want. Like trebuchets in front of troops, defending a castle from the outside and the Dothraki charge. That's just one episode. They don't stick to any logic, they just make things happen.

Sansa's a villain because she doesn't trust Dany? :lol:

If you want to go over what Dany has been through, do the same with Sansa. Don't miss out the rape, forced marriage and having to watch her father be beheaded and have to pretend to like the man who ordered it.

It was a flippant joke. Sansa is hardly a villain but she has just reverted to type and become 'childish' again.

Jon pointing out she'd basically be dead if it weren't for her and saying something the equivalent of 'yeah but still....' is stupid.

To make Daenery's out to be a mad Queen now is absolutely fine, if there wasn't justification. If they made Sansa actually like Daenery's/trust Jon fully and she was just paranoid etc. then that fits the mad Queen narrative. Not when everything Daenery's has feared come true so far

That would be a fine and noble goal if the show itself stuck to any sort of logic, but it doesn't. Things just happen because that's what the writers want. Like trebuchets in front of troops, defending a castle from the outside and the Dothraki charge. That's just one episode. They don't stick to any logic, they just make things happen.

True enough.

Cos he believes that moreso than cerseis offer given that they had two dragons at the time
Oh yeah that part of it is fine, but Tyrion is only hand, he can't just give out one of the biggest titles/castles in Westeros to some sell sword that's already been jumped up.

Second half of the episode was decent, but why would Cersei let her walk away like that?! Those big arrow things that killed the dragon probably would’ve ended the war there & then...

Probably the last time we see Tormund & Ghost :(