Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Barca don't have to pay FDJ if he leaves Laporte has gone on record that FDJ would still have to accept a salary decrease.

If FDJ did indeed agree to lower wages at the start of his contract in return for higher wages later on and Barca are now reneging on that too then FDJ is being screwed every which way by the club he "loves".

Even if Barca don't have to pay FDJ if he leaves Laporte has gone on record that FDJ would still have to accept a salary decrease.

If FDJ did indeed agree to lower wages at the start of his contract in return for higher wages later on and Barca are now reneging on that too then FDJ is being screwed every which way by the club he "loves".
I do believe there is much more than we know going on behind the scenes. It wouldn't surprise me if he was being advised to say he loves the club and doesn't want to leave in order to ensure he gets all the money he's entitled too,
He could shut down the rumours in minutes if he wanted to and put an end to it all quickly, but he's not.

There's a key point though, FDJ has no obligation to change his contract again. He can just sit on his wages and watch Barca squirm.

That sounds like BS. I mean in the end it's all about money in someone's bank account.
And if United are actually willing to pay they'll find some way for the money to flow.

Of course it's BS.
If there was a genuine willingness from United to cover the debt, then there are many ways that sum could be absorbed into the deal.
United could 'overpay', which could then inturn be paid to FDJ by Barcelona, United could cover it as a signing on fee, a loyalty bonus, or spread it over the term of contract.

This is such a weird situation though, where I don't think that anything can be taken at face value.

FDJ is calling their bluff, it's so obvious. We wouldn't stay in that deal for 1 second if he or his agent made it clear that he doesn't want to move.

:lol: :lol: I am sure these Lever Geniuses don't need any of my help. They can see a lever at every corner.

Or you can actually google and see where the money comes from.
Barca took huge financially risks and got punished a couple of years ago. Messis monster wage , Coutinho, Dembélé and Griezmann were three megatransfers that all backfired. It was an unacceptable risk to take imo but to be fair no one saw covid-19 coming did they? There are a lot of whining here about Barcas advantages but since LaLiga has a salary cap it limits Barcas action in a manner that the oilclubs/US laughing stock owners don't have to think about and covid-19 made that real obvious.

Barca has made a great transfer window when it comes to value for the money (you can just compare it for what United has got for their money the last five years of transfer) and in the short term I can't see anything leading to short term financial problems. It is just odd that people look at the debt figure without taking into account Barcas team value and exceptional positioning for creating revenue. As it has been presented Barcas current strategy is the right one imo. They have secured short and longterm financing for that strategy and uses the money to invest wisely instead of overpaying stars.
In the thread people also forget that Coutinho has been sold to Aston Villa and Griezmann extended his loan to Atletico Madrid. They were two of the best paid players in the world.

Barcas concern is now mainly about meeting LaLigas salary cap. I'm pretty sure De Jong has to leave to solve this even if it would be very important for Barca to keep him if we just consider what's good for the teams strength. But it is obvious that Barca has been counting on moving De Jong and some more players, Depay, Umtiti, and Pjanic probably being the first ones to come to mind, before the transfer window closes. According to my sources that would mean freeing up 50m/year just in wages and without weakening the team (except for De Jong).

Why do we have like a new Barca newbie every day writing in length how great and totally not responsible they are for the situation they're in?

Sure it's been answered and is probably a stupid question but why can't United subtract the amount from the fee and just pay De Jong the 17 mil.

Barcelona would have to agree to that. But it gets complicated due to La Ligas FFP.

The deferred wage is due to be paid out during the course of his contract. If Frenkie leaves without the money owed paid, he is essentially foregoing the payment as its due, not current debt. Barcelona owed Frenkie around £17m in deferred covid wages AND bonuses.

MUFC have already explored the option of simply paying Frenkie the amount owed, but the legal technicalities make it a non starter.

The only way this gets resolved is: A) Barcelona actually pays Frenkie the money owed in a lump sum B) MUFC gives Frenkie a giant salary to offset the wage owed, and Barcelona acccepts a reduced fee C) Frenkie accepts a smaller payout to be done with it.

In reality, Frenkies safest option, at least financially, is to remain in Barcelona and secure his money by playing out his contract. A contract Barcelona cant (allegedly) actually afford to pay.

Why do we have like a new Barca newbie every day writing in length how great and totally not responsible they are for the situation they're in?
Somebody must be printing them out in a factory.

Because they're trying to justify their clubs actions as absolutely fine, and the way they treat their players as perfectly fine too because they love their club.
It's stupid really, because everyone can see what a shit storm it is at that club, but they're living in denial it seems

A very long and insightful thread on Barcelona's financial situation.

I think they're going to run into significant problems again in a few year's time.

Barca has made a great transfer window when it comes to value for the money (you can just compare it for what United has got for their money the last five years of transfer) and in the short term I can't see anything leading to short term financial problems. It is just odd that people look at the debt figure without taking into account Barcas team value and exceptional positioning for creating revenue.

120m euros for a Leeds United winger and a 34 year old.
The new Barca ”value for money”.
Oh, and you got Chelsea’s reserve CB on a free whilst Madrid got the first team one.

And you’ve managed all of this by selling future revenue of 2bn + for about 500 mil. :lol:

I must be missing the value.

Even if we do, it’s Barcelona who still owe him that money. If @horsechoker owes me 20 quid but @Mr Pigeon drops me a pony next time we’re out on the lash, Horseface still owes me 20 quid next time I see him on road
How the feck am I expected to carry a pony in my fecking beak? And I suppose I'm just supposed to just magically fly around with it for miles?!

If I'd get almost the same that Barca promised me at another club that actually wants me and plays me in my favourite position I probably would. I don't know the numbers though. If what Barca promised him is much higher than what I'd get anywhere else I'd probably stay too. Hard to tell.

What I don't get: I was of the impression Barca already OWE him some money? Did that turn out not to be correct then?

Morally : 50/50

Legally : No

Let's say, you're on 150k / week. But due to COVID, I can't pay you 150k / week, instead I'm offering you 50k/week raising incrementally to 100k/week on 2nd year, and say 300k/week on 3rd year and probably let's assume 400k on the 4th / 5th year. CBA to do the actual math. But it's a whole new contract. So instead of a wage cut, you're getting your wage 2 years from now, which is fair enough considering it's COVID time.

You sign it, knowing that you love where you are, and understanding that it's COVID.

Now on your 2nd year, where next year you'd be on 300k/week. Would you move? And if you move? are you owed anything legally? The answer is probably no, if you move at your own will, it's not Barcelona's fault, they're honoring their deal. Its you who wants to move. Not their fault. You will still get your loyalty bonus (however much that is) because you didn't put a transfer request, and the club accepted a bid for you in good manner. You're not forcing your way out, neither the club forcing your way out.

Are you legally entitled to whatever the money you think you're own? Nope. You decided to sign the new contract willingly, with no guns in your head.

I think they're going to run into significant problems again in a few year's time.

Yeah I read that the other day. The TLDR of it seems to be that they're making a lot of decisions that pushes all the debt repayments a bit further down the road.

It still doesn't explain how they're going to register all these signings and keep under the La Liga cap, though, so I don't get that.

Even if we do, it’s Barcelona who still owe him that money. If @horsechoker owes me 20 quid but @Mr Pigeon drops me a pony next time we’re out on the lash, Horseface still owes me 20 quid next time I see him on road

Legally they don't though if he joins. At least that's what I'm making of what I've read so far. Therefore: This whole mess could be solved if he gets the same from us he would get if he stays at Barca.

Yeah I read that the other day. The TLDR of it seems to be that they're making a lot of decisions that pushes all the debt repayments a bit further down the road.

It still doesn't explain how they're going to register all these signings and keep under the La Liga cap, though, so I don't get that.

I think they have to sell off a lot of players and the sale of De Jong tremendously helps keep them under the cap.

I would be simply stunned if he's still a Barcelona player at the window's end.

1. I joined may 2019.
2. Me clearly stating that Barca took an unacceptable financial risk = "totally not responsible they are for the situation they're in"?????
3. How many newbies writing in length every day can you come up with? How many of them has stated that Barca is not to blame for their current situation? Just for fun can you post some names and dates as a lite fact check on your own?

1. I joined may 2019.
2. Me clearly stating that Barca took an unacceptable financial risk = "totally not responsible they are for the situation they're in"?????
3. How many newbies writing in length every day can you come up with? How many of them has stated that Barca is not to blame for their current situation? Just for fun can you post some names and dates as a lite fact check on your own?
Relax mate, I didn't even read your post :wenger:

I think they have to sell off a lot of players and the sale of De Jong tremendously helps keep them under the cap.

As would i.
Thats why i say it's likely that behind the scenes he's planning for a life away from Barca, but being advised to say he's staying and the sorts.

Makes no sense as to why he'd say he's staying when the club is obviously treating him like dirt and doing their very best to force him out in any way possible, all whilst telling the media he's very important and they want him to stay, but will sell if absolutely necessary. It's just stupid at this point

That was my take, too. But the simple fact is he can refuse to go, and that'll leave them fecked. Which means I do think they'll balk eventually and it makes sense that we are playing the long game here, as frustrating as it all is.

Whether we should have ever gotten involved in this shitshow in the first place is another story entirely..

FDJ is calling their bluff, it's so obvious. We wouldn't stay in that deal for 1 second if he or his agent made it clear that he doesn't want to move.

I cling onto that belief, because of the Ten Hag factor.
He has known Frenkie for years, and so must have direct access to the player, and also because United have been in contact with FDJ's agent Ali Dursun throughout the Summer negotiating the Malaccia deal.
Surely there must be encouragement coming from FDJ's camp over the past few months.
If this was a solid NO to United, this could have been bluntly put to United countless times, but it just doesn't appear that this is the case, at least privately.

Whether we should have ever gotten involved in this shitshow in the first place is another story entirely..

Tricky one that though, as the interview with the new manager clearly showed he desperately wants him.
So if ETH tells the board that he wants FdJ and that Frankie wants to come because of the financial mess at Barça, what can the board say? No?

As frustrating as it is, we’re backing the manager.

We gave them an extra 10m euros up front and they still expect FDJ to walk away. They aren't parting with anything by the looks of it.

Which they only get if he agrees to arrive so it's in their interest to solve this or risk getting nothing and him not accepting a new contract with lower salary which they need should he opt to stay

Coutinho has been sold to Aston Villa
Lovely post btw on how barca is a brilliant ran club.

Quoted this snippet because it made me laugh considering you still owe money to Liverpool for him.

This has been posted a good few times now, and yet people still ignore the revelation that they can afford to keep Frenkie and register all their new players for this season, and essentially gamble on getting back to CL finals to bring in more money going forward.

A wise man once copied another man when he said

“If it keeps on raining the levee’s gonna break”

Patience guys.

This has been posted a good few times now, and yet people still ignore the revelation that they can afford to keep Frenkie and register all their new players for this season, and essentially gamble on getting back to CL finals to bring in more money going forward.
Which stage would they need to qualify to?

It basically states that by activating all these economic levers they'll be able to register all their new signings. The plan seems to be to gamble on getting back to being a dominant team and increasing revenue that way as currently their revenue has dropped along with their declining levels on the pitch.

Yes but they don’t want to do that clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.