French League - 'Ligue 1' 2016/17 | AS Monaco Champions!

Good weekend for me up to now....

I like Al-Psg losses as much as I like our own victories -

And Falcao....Genuinely nice guy and would have him back tomorrow now he's properly fit.

Another game, another goal, another assist for Mbappe :drool:

What a fecking ball by Lemar, Falcao makes it 4-0...
This Monaco side are extremely clinical and entertaining to watch this season. Jardim has done very well, I just hope it ends in some silverware.

That Mbappe guy will probably be the next big export from France.

I see he is listed as a LW\Striker\RW on Transfermarkt, is he most comfortable as a striker or as a LW \ wide left forward?

I see he is listed as a LW\Striker\RW on Transfermarkt, is he most comfortable as a striker or as a LW \ wide left forward?

At professional level he is a very good young striker and at youth level he is an unplayable winger.:angel:

At professional level he is a very good young striker and at youth level he is an unplayable winger.:angel:

I see he is only 17, probably ahead of Martial at that age, but would you rate him as big a talent as Martial and Dembele?

I see he is only 17, probably ahead of Martial at that age, but would you rate him as big a talent as Martial and Dembele?

In my opinion, he is a bigger talent than Dembélé because he plays like an experienced player at only 17. He has the technique and the decision making of an experienced player, I don't see a difference between him and the other attackers outside of the fact that he is always dangerous.

In my opinion, he is a bigger talent than Dembélé because he plays like an experienced player at only 17. He has the technique and the decision making of an experienced player, I don't see a difference between him and the other attackers outside of the fact that he is always dangerous.

In that case, sign him up :drool: can't afford another talent like Dembele slipping.

Sounds like a perfect Wenger forward.

Sounds like a perfect Wenger forward.

Price might be too steep though, we've sort of set the bar with prices when it comes to huge French talent. Mbappe plays for Monaco as well, which is who we bought Martial from.

Wenger will try and buy him for £20 and a pack of frozen croissants.

It's been an absolute joy to watch Monaco this season. Adds so much entertainment to my weekends and I don't care how sad that sounds.

0-3 up at Bordeaux in the 53rd minute at the moment. Great win for them considering the PSG vs Nice game tomorrow night.

Fecking hell, am I the only one on here watching this PSG vs Nice game? It's a top of the table clash!

Emery choosing the "extreme caution" route. Playing four central midfielders (Motta, Krychowiak, Verratti, Matuidi) with Blaise on the left. As expected, Cavani and Di Maria looking somewhat isolated so far.

Emery seriously cannot afford a bad result here. He's under a lot of pressure.

Cyprien with an absolutely gorgeous free-kick, 0-1 Nice.

Ahh what a surprise. Verratti with a beautiful chipped pass finds Cavani one-on-one with the keeper...
...and you know the rest.

0-2 Nice :lol: Amazing, this is exactly the sort of result that instills genuine title-winning belief into a side. 0-2 up at half-time at PSG, smashed Monaco 4-0 at home. Well done Nice.

Emery is fecked.

Nicely created by Verratti and Aurier (the two reasons I'm even watching this match!)

2-2 :cool:

Nicely created by Verratti and Aurier (the two reasons I'm even watching this match!)

2 good reasons

This PSG squad has lost motivation. Needs to be rebuilt.

Unai Emery wants to implement his personal touch but it doesn't work.

Motta as a #6 + Verratti #8 is the DNA of the team.

If you change it, the team is no longer the same

2-2 :cool:

2 good reasons

Unai Emery wants to implement his personal touch but it doesn't work.

Motta as a #6 + Verratti #8 is the DNA of the team.

If you change it, the team is no longer the same

Verratti at 6 is also good, and although Krychowiak has struggled this season we must not forget how good he was the past few years. Midfield is the strongest area of your team.

I think it's simply a case of a team adapting to a new manager. That's natural. The problem with that is the expectations and impatience.

Verratti at 6 is also good, and although Krychowiak has struggled this season we must not forget how good he was the past few years. Midfield is the strongest area of your team.

I think it's simply a case of a team adapting to a new manager. That's natural. The problem with that is the expectations and impatience.

Verratti & Motta are friends inside and outside the pitch: if they play together in their natural position, you can be sure we will control the game and kidnap the ball.

Cavani is back. Some players were injured in the last weeks like Verratti, Aurier, Kurzawa...

Krychowiak is a good player but can't compete with Motta if the latter is in a good shape. However, I expect the latter to be tired from January 2017 (given his age and his last 2nd parts of season).

What are the weaknesses of that team:

1. Cavani-dependence. He is the only one player to score on a consistent basis.
2. The bench is limited. Bayern Munich has probably more than 25 great players while we we only have 15 or 16. Ben Arfa or Jésé are not world-class players.
3. Inconsistent Di Maria isn't a scorer and tends to disappear.

I believe in this coach and understand the club will spend a lot of money this winter.

Verratti & Motta are friends inside and outside the pitch: if they play together in their natural position, you can be sure we will control the game and kidnap the ball.

Cavani is back. Some players were injured in the last weeks like Verratti, Aurier, Kurzawa...

Krychowiak is a good player but can't compete with Motta if the latter is in a good shape. However, I expect the latter to be tired from January 2017 (given his age and his last 2nd parts of season).

What are the weaknesses of that team:

1. Cavani-dependence. He is the only one player to score on a consistent basis.
2. The bench is limited. Bayern Munich has probably more than 25 great players while we we only have 15 or 16. Ben Arfa or Jésé are not world-class players.
3. Inconsistent Di Maria isn't a scorer and tends to disappear.

I believe in this coach and understand the club will spend a lot of money this winter.

I truly believe Verratti is better as a #6 than people give him credit for. Although for as long as Motta is there, it's understandable for him to play with a more advanced freedom.

I never did understand the purchase of Jesé.

In my opinion PSG need to ditch the 3 in midfield and go for two holders and a #10, they should also invest heavily in top-class attacking players. Cavani is fine as a starting striker, however I'm not convinced with his partners. Nasser should keep an eye on Ozil and Sanchez's situations at Arsenal. Ozil behind Cavani with Di Maria and Sanchez out wide would be mouth-watering and it's not unrealistic. Lucas is much more effective off the bench with fresh legs and pace, and Pastore and Ben Arfa would be great back-ups, not great starters in my opinion.