French League - 'Ligue 1' 2016/17 | AS Monaco Champions!

Balotelli sauntered on and did virtually nothing. I knows he's clearly been told to stay as the one up top but you'd have thought that as injury time approached he'd have put himself about a bit, closed down or just made a nuisance of himself but, no, nothing. No urgency whatsoever. He'd piss me off big time if he was a team mate, the rest of Nice were scrapping for every loose ball like men possessed but he's a waste of space.

The amount of goals in recent weeks due to keepers coming off their line despite having a covering defender!

Mendy probably owes the entire team dinner after that. I like Jardim but Favre is even better.

Fair play to Monaco, they looked dead and buried after the second goal with only 10 men but they mounted a good fightback, Lemar was superb.

Interesting player but question mark about his speed.

He deserves an award IMO

2 or 3 new players expected to join PSG this winter including Lo Celso. Pressure on Emery

I think they need other goalscorers than Cavani who has been fine but other than him, who has been regularly on the scoresheet ? Whoever they bring, they better be sure he can deliver in terms of goals because it is not with their defence that PSG will achieve something.

@kouroux

I understand they intend to recruit a new LB and a new striker.

He scored 23 goals with PSG ~ 50% of the goals
Then you have Lucas 10 goals
and then you have Di Maria+Aurier+ Augustin +Verratti+Matuidi+Jésé+Ben Arfa..= 13 goals

This is the second spell for Emery away from Spain as a manager and it's not getting any better than the previous one (in Russia). It seems he is struggling to implement his ideas of football even with such a talented group of players at his disposal.. It makes me think that he can only be successfull with a club from his own country.. There are already rumours about his replacements - Mancini, Capello, even LVG..
What's the story in Paris - is he really close to get the sack or the owners of PSG will wait to see what's gonna happen till the end of the season?

This is the second spell for Emery away from Spain as a manager and it's not getting any better than the previous one (in Russia). It seems he is struggling to implement his ideas of football even with such a talented group of players at his disposal.. It makes me think that he can only be successfull with a club from his own country.. There are already rumours about his replacements - Mancini, Capello, even LVG..
What's the story in Paris - is he really close to get the sack or the owners of PSG will wait to see what's gonna happen till the end of the season?

Yes please. I'd love to see Di Maria's reaction if they appoint Vangle :lol:

Last year, Sevilla played more than 30 games away from the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium in all competitions: only four or five of those ended in a win for Sevilla, giving them an away win ratio of just 14 per cent. They lost 44 per cent of those away matches and drew 42 per cent. :nervous:

If PSG doesn't win his next game, he will be sacked this winter. Everything is possible here. It also depends on the availability of potential successors: Capello, Mancini...

According to Culture PSG (a reliable website IMO), Draxler & PSG reached an agreement for a move this winter.

I would love to see what can do with this team Fabio Capello. After his spells with England and Russia a lot of people think he's done as a coach. I don't think so. For me he was always more of a club type of a coach and not suitable for national teams. His methods works only on a daily basis with teams and hes probably the best tactician out there. PSG is a very talented side and needs some good organisation and tactics. Capello can offer both.

I think Draxler has been an overrated player for some time now. It sums up the type of signings PSG has made recently.

I think Draxler has been an overrated player for some time now. It sums up the type of signings PSG has made recently.

img-trois-hommes-dans-le-vent-1443022505_580_380_center_articles-203444.jpg

It sums up PSG without... Leonardo, former sporting director of the club (on the right)

With Leonardo: Ancelotti, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Maxwell, Motta, Verratti, Zlatan, Cavani, Lavezzi, Ménez, Lucas... joined the club
Since Leonardo left the club in 2013: David Luiz, Cabaye, Jésé, Ben Arfa, Krychowiak, Kurzawa, Aurier, Di Maria

Gap in terms of quality

What's up with Jesé? I think he hasn't played that much and so he can leave on loan in january.

What's up with Jesé? I think he hasn't played that much and so he can leave on loan in january.

Predictable mistake: 25 millions for a player who has proved nothing. It is no coincidence that Real Madrid let him leave.

I don't think he will move this winter.

Some Arsenal fans have an odd obsession with Draxler. They've been sure he's the new Henry based on... his position? I think. Anyway, good player. I'd have been happy to see him at Arsenal but I'm fine with him not joining the team.

I hope he does well for PSG - I'd love to see them win the Champions League.

Some Arsenal fans have an odd obsession with Draxler. They've been sure he's the new Henry based on... his position? I think. Anyway, good player. I'd have been happy to see him at Arsenal but I'm fine with him not joining the team.

I hope he does well for PSG - I'd love to see them win the Champions League.

They just have an obsession with any player under 23 :p

Pirès and Henry were faster and more reliable at the same age IMO. Curious to see if he will be deployed as a winger or as a central playmaker.

I really didn't get his signing. Such an odd one.

Mercato - 1st step: they spent a lot of time to attract a world-class player, especially Neymar.
Mercato - 2nd step: then, they tried to recruit a second-level player like Icardi or Bacca. Poor preparation.
Mercato - 3rd step: then, the club has 2-3 weeks to find 2 offensive players: Ben Arfa (free agent) & Jésé.

Regarding Jésé, the underlying rationale was certainly to say 'A young player on the bench at Real Madrid is necessarily a promising talent' and we were in a position to overpay because Leonardo hasn't appropriately replaced.

A little drama about PSG is gold for the French sport press. Emery for sure is under pressure but I think he'll stay until the end of the season.

Thinking of betting against PSG tonight. They are in very bad shape, aren't they?
PSG doesn't play that well atm and is missing some players but I wouldn't bet too much against them at home against Lorient.

Crazy Mario at it again. He got sent off along with Belhanda. 0-0 in the end for Nice, while Monaco and P.S.G. won.

Interesting end to a really good game between Bordeaux and Nice. Hard to believe Malang Sarr is 17 years old. One of the calmest players during the heated protests, he was actually holding his teammates back from doing more stupid things. I really think he could be Jose's Zouma for us. Nice should have taken their chances and they would have won the game. Cyprien and Seri were brilliant as well, with Cyprien completing 114 of his 121 passes.

With Leonardo: Ancelotti, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Maxwell, Motta, Verratti, Zlatan, Cavani, Lavezzi, Ménez, Lucas... joined the club
Since Leonardo left the club in 2013: David Luiz, Cabaye, Jésé, Ben Arfa, Krychowiak, Kurzawa, Aurier, Di Maria

Gap in terms of quality

It's funny. The first set of players (and Ancelotti) reads like an Italian football collection. With the exception of Lucas, all of them have spent a significant time in Italy while none of the second set has. But of course, the first set is more high profile, too. Maybe you Need to go shopping at Milan, Inter, Napoli and Roma again ;)

I don't think I've ever seen Meunier score an ordinary goal.