French Elections 2017

Per France 24:

Among conservatives 70% voted for Macron, 30% for Le Pen, and 22% abstained

Among liberals 94% voted for Macron, 6% for Le Pen, and 15% abstained

Among far-left sympathizers 80% voted for Macron, 20% for Le Pen, and 28% abstained

More demographic details about today’s vote:

Among rural voters, 57% voted for Macron, compared to 43% for Le Pen, with 23% abstaining

Among urban voters, 72% voted for Macron, 28% for Le Pen, with 27% abstaining

Christ, pretty much every group completely comfortably there.

Per France 24:

Among far-left sympathizers 80% voted for Macron, 20% for Le Pen, and 28% abstained

Among rural voters, 57% voted for Macron, compared to 43% for Le Pen, with 23% abstaining

The 1st 3 don't make sense, because they should average to 65.

Because every year there are more and more attacks and the government is doing nothing to stop it. I don't like Le Pen but I also don't like Macron. Scary how so many people are so supportive of a rothschild banker. However he would still be my pick over a facist.

The 1st 3 don't make sense, because they should average to 65.

Well presumably they didn't include far-right supporters/sympathisers, who'd make up the bulk of Le Pen's support...

For the people worried about the next election.

The French are simply not keen on her.

Per France 24:

Think this chart is interesting too. Links to the first three topics of your post.

C_PzaJPXYAIYUHh.jpg:large

Because every year there are more and more attacks and the government is doing nothing to stop it. I don't like Le Pen but I also don't like Macron. Scary how so many people are so supportive of a rothschild banker. However he would still be my pick over a facist.
Really?

Oh dear. What's your news source, Breitbart, Infowars or RT?

Please tell me what the government is doing right now and I don't know those news sources your talking about.
I'm not going to do your duties and inform you. You're an adult, find out for yourself.

I'm not going to do your duties and inform you. You're an adult, find out for yourself.
But you're implying the government is doing something about it. Can you give me even a little snippet of what the government are doing because if you can't then it's even more clearer that we don't know what their trying to do.

Not my best candidate, but you couldn't just vote for Le Pen. Let's see if Macron's strong europeism is gonna change the Europe for the better.

Please tell me what the government is doing right now and I don't know those news sources your talking about.
PS: This kind of blatant ignorance shows how much epistocracy is necessary. Thousands of people in the army, intell services, police, prosecutors etc etc etc have been and still are working millions of hours of overtime and you accuse them of doing nothing.

But you're implying the government is doing something about it. Can you give me even a little snippet of what the government are doing because if you can't then it's even more clearer that we don't know what their trying to do.
I can but I won't do your fecking duty as an adult to inform yourself. That's what being adult is about. Know where to find reliable information and not wait for somebody else to pass it on. Not making outrageous claims just because you're not informed.

People shouldn't get too complacent. Literally millions and millions of people still voted for that fascist piece of shit.

Voters by type of profession. MLP wins among blue collar workers by a relatively small margin, EM the rest.

I wonder about farmers. In which category would they be or haven't they've been polled? I would expect them to have voted for the fairy tale teller MLP.

C_P6e-1XcAApzqQ.jpg:large

Votes by religion. EM all the way.

C_P8X_8XgAEp2M3.jpg:large

Votes by income. Clear and expected correlation.

C_P7hwNXgAAbDDA.jpg:large

There you go. Also, doesn't it go without saying that you wouldn't know something if you haven't bothered to do any research on it? You're essentially admitting that your own ignorance worries you.

That's one of the mysteries to me. Why is FN so strong in communities close to the borders to Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and Italy? So many French people commute to Germany for work and yet these communities vote so strongly for FN.

C_P9WawXoAE5s8Y.jpg:large

That's one of the mysteries to me. Why is FN so strong in communities close to the borders to Belgium, Germany, Switzerland and Italy? So many French people commute to Germany for work and yet these communities vote so strongly for FN.

Maybe quite rural? I was in the East of France last year and it didn't seem too urban as such.

I have to admit I've just listened the first time to a representative of Nicolas Dupont-Aignan. WTF. As terrible as FN / MLP.

Nigel obviously thinks he's got a chance still.

Maybe quite rural? I was in the East of France last year and it didn't seem too urban as such.
It often is but overall Macron got 57% in rural areas. I'd need to check some of the communities I remember tomorrow when all results get reported but I don't get how people vote against the EU when they benefit from getting a job across the border but can still live in their home country.

It often is but overall Macron got 57% in rural areas. I'd need to check some of the communities I remember tomorrow when all results get reported but I don't get how people vote against the EU when they benefit from getting a job across the border but can still live in their home country.

57%'s often still quite a comfortable win but I'd imagine it's quite small compared to urban areas like Paris. I guess the question is how well those people are doing...they might benefit from crossing the border, but no guarantee those jobs are serving them that well. Still, that's not necessarily the fault of the EU or anything like that.

This trend was observed in one of the charts above already.

The purple part north-east of Paris was France's industrial heartland
The orange part south of the middle (my area) is the big rural area

Well done France for rejecting the politics of hate. Meanwhile in England we March on towards it.