French Elections 2017

It still makes no sense at all, one can easily set up companies to recieve fee for services at whatever that rate comes in at.
I agree that it makes no sense.

By the way, once the marginal tax rate in the US was ~ 70%.

Merci beaucoup, France! Merci, @JPRouve , merci to your wife, @Paul the Wolf, and everyone you know who didn't vote for this fecking lying greedy fake blonde bi*ch.

Deplorables.

Think May's congrats to Macron are hilarious. Finest brown-nosing. :lol:

Some on Sky News seem to be quite disappointed. Another possible anti-EU ally lost. :D

My wife says "de rien"

Looks like the Brexiteer clan are disappointed, shame!!

Haven't caught up yet but heard Le Pen is going to rebrand the FN - it will now be the cuddly bunny party who loves all foreigners - we won't be fooled again!

Those dissatisfied with the outcome are writing France's obituary. I suppose the same would have happened if Le Pen won.

I'm beginning to think Trump is as good as it gets for the right, their unbeaten run is over.

I skipped through after 2-0 - couldn't care less - first time I've said that - France won!!
Probably more important in the grand scheme of things. Finally, an election without a stupid outcome.

My wife says "de rien"

Haven't caught up yet but heard Le Pen is going to rebrand the FN - it will now be the cuddly bunny party who loves all foreigners - we won't be fooled again!

Not joking. It was rumored that if she lost the election the FN would change its political line and one of the main point would be to not be anti EU anymore. Lets see.

:lol:
kSmp83w.png

Those dissatisfied with the outcome are writing France's obituary. I suppose the same would have happened if Le Pen won.

I'm beginning to think Trump is as good as it gets for the right, their unbeaten run is over.

If anything he's warned people on the centre/left that lunatics can win, and his lack of genuine action thus far is reminding the right that people like him don't care about their problems, or won't fix them.

My wife says "de rien"

Youngest MP ever (or since Napoleon) with 'First Lady' 20 years older than him, beaten the rascist bi*ch comfortably - that's something to be proud of. And it is really nice to see happy, upbeat French people at the Louvre with les Tricolores and EU flags, not these hateful MLP disciples.

Reaction from the alt right :p

This guy is beyond delusion - unless he's suggesting that Putin will instigate / support a civil war because he didn't get his way.

Not joking. It was rumored that if she lost the election the FN would change its political line and one of the main point would be to not be anti EU anymore. Lets see.
Not anti-EU, only racist? ;)

Presumably recognised that for all their increased popularity as a party, France is still pretty pro-EU. A lot more so than Britain anyway.

Youngest MP ever (or since Napoleon) with 'First Lady' 20 years older than him, beaten the rascist bi*ch comfortably - that's something to be proud of. And it is really nice to see happy, upbeat French people at the Louvre with les Tricolores and EU flags, not these hateful MLP disciples.

This guy is beyond delusion - unless he's suggesting that Putin will instigate / support a civil war because he didn't get his way.

He forgot to mention the plague (just for Stan)

Doesn't Le Pen owe the EU a fair bit of money? With the possibility she might go trial if she doesn't pay?

The worry remains that this could just be another step on their path towards detox (whilst still being racist).

Per France 24:

Among conservatives 70% voted for Macron, 30% for Le Pen, and 22% abstained

Among liberals 94% voted for Macron, 6% for Le Pen, and 15% abstained

Among far-left sympathizers 80% voted for Macron, 20% for Le Pen, and 28% abstained

More demographic details about today’s vote:

Among rural voters, 57% voted for Macron, compared to 43% for Le Pen, with 23% abstaining

Among urban voters, 72% voted for Macron, 28% for Le Pen, with 27% abstaining