French Elections 2017

The Legislatives are on the 11th and 18th June, two rounds as per the presidentials.
The current number of seats out of 577 are 2 for FN and 0 for En Marche so could be anyone's guess.

Personally don't think FN will get many, no idea how many EM will get but believe the will be UMP, Mélenchon and PS will get a lot between them

As for polls I look in different places but one site seems to summarise the lot as below
http://www.linternaute.com/actualit...e-2eme-tour/#resultat-election-presidentielle
Excuse my ignorance here, but how many MPs has EM actually got standing for election, given it's a new party?

Jesus, Jean-Marie is going to love this :lol:

Also: Mayor threatens to resign after his town votes for Le Pen

4242017MayorCreditLAvenir.jpg

"It's possible that I will resign because I don't want to devote my life to assholes"

:lol::lol::lol:

Is he related to Cantona :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks, @Paul the Wolf, I'll check that out.

I had looked up the outcome of 1st and 2nd round of the 2012 parliament elections. FN had a bit more than 13% in the 1st round but 3.66% in the 2nd, suggesting that most of their candidates didn't even make it into the 2nd round. I hope for a similar outcome this year but realistically expect a bit more in both rounds and more than just 2 seats but of course not anywhere near a substantial share of the seats.

EM said he would have 570 - FN I don't know but I'll see if I can find out
Thanks. Presumably Macron lured MPs from other parties as well as finding new ones?
Does seem anyone's guess how many seats they'll get.

Thanks. Presumably Macron lured MPs from other parties as well as finding new ones?
No idea if that's correct but a German (now retired) journo who had worked as a correspondent from France and still spends decent amounts of his retirement in France said last Sunday that he met Macron more than once and that EM will have one candidate in every constituency, either a 'defector' from another party or someone politically inexperienced.

Thanks, @Paul the Wolf, I'll check that out.

I had looked up the outcome of 1st and 2nd round of the 2012 parliament elections. FN had a bit more than 13% in the 1st round but 3.66% in the 2nd, suggesting that most of their candidates didn't even make it into the 2nd round. I hope for a similar outcome this year but realistically expect a bit more in both rounds and more than just 2 seats but of course not anywhere near a substantial share of the seats.

I've seen a couple of articles where FN could be in a with a chance at 84 of the seats and estimates between 20-50 seats won

No idea if that's correct but a German (now retired) journo who had worked as a correspondent from France and still spends decent amounts of his retirement in France said last Sunday that he met Macron more than once and that EM will have one candidate in every constituency, either a 'defector' from another party or someone politically inexperienced.
Would make sense. Hard to rustle up that many candidates so quickly. Presumably there'll be ex-councillors and all sorts in there too.

Btw I think I'm the last person on earth to realise that Emmanuel Macron and En Marche have the same initials!

Btw I think I'm the last person on earth to realise that Emmanuel Macron and En Marche have the same initials!
Perhaps not: I realized it as 'early' as last Sunday ... :o

Can't see them on my phone. I assume they are DM-esque?
IF the French are willing to have A PEDOPHILE AS FIRST LADY, I will never travel to France , or be interested in anything doing with France or the French language.
macron was groomed by Hollande, his school teacher, globalist bankers and EU! -- he is an abomination/ Frankenstein's monster!
Macorn and all the lefties that support the EU actually support racism.Le pen is not racist she was against the war in the libya because of gold dinar african currency. She was against syria an arab country with oil. ,Hollande and Macorn are racist because the want to bomb a non european country syria because it has oil. They then want to destroy the native french people with migrants because of kalegri plan.That is a racist act and it must be exposed like that on live tv.Le pen will win with 90 percent.
Can you name any city in the world where brown people are being ethnically cleansed from their homes by mass immigration of white people?

Thought not.

So why are we accepting it?

I thought Le Pen quit

She pretended to step down as leader of the Front National last Monday - since when two interim leaders have been appointed although they're having great difficulty in concealing that all their members are xenophobic or racist. Trying to make her seem more friendly and sweet, an angry rottweiler would be more appealing.

Don't worry , she'll be back as leader next Monday after the second and final round vote

Can't see them on my phone. I assume they are DM-esque?

Pretty much. It's always surprising to see how unanimous they are in their backing of Le Pen, it really isn't realistic.

@Damien
Trying to understand the second to last one made my head hurt!

"Macron certainly looks like Jewish big time. You have to wonder why the Jews of France elected to mass immigrate millions of Muslims into France. Why in the world the French would vote for more of that is insanity. The muslims must be supporting it."

@Ubik I wasn't aware the English wiki collates polls for the French parliament elections, thanks, that's good to know.

"Macron certainly looks like Jewish big time. You have to wonder why the Jews of France elected to mass immigrate millions of Muslims into France. Why in the world the French would vote for more of that is insanity. The muslims must be supporting it."
:wenger:

Hopefully us in France only have six more days of this sort of nonsense, at least for the time being, pity the more intelligent people in the UK who have plenty more suffering to go through

Is this your way of admitting defeat, that I beat you to it? :D
I only realised earlier when I thought Paul was referring to En Marche, but on rereading I realised that he was talking about Macron. Penny finally dropped!

I only realised earlier when I thought Paul was referring to En Marche, but on rereading I realised that he was talking about Macron. Penny finally dropped!
I bow to you then. :D:angel:

@Damien
Trying to understand the second to last one made my head hurt!

The worst part of that comment is that it's extremely common on the internet. I wonder if we are witnessing bots, trolls or idiots.

The worst part of that comment is that it's extremely common on the internet. I wonder if we are witnessing bots, trolls or idiots.

I don't think it's a bot, because I can't understand where a bot would learn to not capitalise country names and get Macron wrong.

I don't think it's a bot, because I can't understand where a bot would learn to not capitalise country names and get Macron wrong.

That's a sad state of affair then.

Surely you can programme that in to make the posts look more 'real'.

Yeah, like the racist twitter AI Microsoft came up with.

Wasn't that because people realised it was learning what it was being fed, so they fed it a racist diet?
I guess it's plausible the makers of the bot "mutagenised" the text before giving it to the bot to learn, but I still think the lack of caps is a very human thing. Random mutations on text would hit capital letters with very low probability. OTOH, it might be that they fed such terrible stuff that they didn't need to mutagenise, the mistakes were all present already. (In which case I'm surprised it capitalises a few but not others).
Disclaimer: I know zilch about machine learning and have spent the last 13 hours straight, writing barely a few lines of simple R code (I'm a noob).

Marine goes a bit Melania