Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Tite would be interesting. Hadn’t thought of him. Still I’m sticking to my guns on Gallardo!
Very good manager but not sure he would accept unless they promised him a long term project. He's been refusing several offers since he left River Plate. Recently he was the first choice to manage Flamengo but rejected them (curiously Flamengo hired Vitor Pereira who is an almost ex-Everton manager :D ). And Flamengo can pay high wages even for European standards. Also rejected Sevilla when Lopetegui got the sack.

It would be the best option in the market, true. A manager that can instill a style and brings that argentine passion to the team.

Would you fancy Tite? I actually rate him, his career is actually very solid.
Thoughts on Gallardo?

I don't know enough about either to make a judgment as my interest in that side of the worlds football stopped post Neymar/Ganso at Santos era. I liked the way Tite set up Brazil at the WC and how they played but I just don't think that would work with our squad. I don't think it would translate well to PL football either if that's how he likes to play usually.

I don't know enough about either to make a judgment as my interest in that side of the worlds football stopped post Neymar/Ganso at Santos era. I liked the way Tite set up Brazil at the WC and how they played but I just don't think that would work with our squad. I don't think it would translate well to PL football either if that's how he likes to play usually.

Gallardo would do well. Argentine teams play with a lot of intensity, that's why Gallardo's River was one of the most sucessful teams in SA.
Tite is someone with a lot of sports science knowledge, pretty sure he would know what to do. His tactics at Corinthians were much different, they were a more defensive side but they were very flexible tacticaly. They would either play 3 at the back, but most of the time they would use a 4x2x3x1 or 4x4x2 to press high on the pitch.
And to make 6 seasons at Corinthians is an amazing feature. They are a club with a mad fanbase, it's not easy to manage them without fearing for your physical integrity (literally).

Gallardo would do well. Argentine teams play with a lot of intensity, that's why Gallardo's River was one of the most sucessful teams in SA.
Tite is someone with a lot of sports science knowledge, pretty sure he would know what to do. His tactics at Corinthians were much different, they were a more defensive side but they were very flexible tacticaly. They would either play 3 at the back, but most of the time they would use a 4x2x3x1 or 4x4x2 to press high on the pitch.
And to make 6 seasons at Corinthians is an amazing feature. They are a club with a mad fanbase, it's not easy to manage them without fearing for your physical integrity (literally).

Both sound like they'd be good, particularly Tite with that SS knowledge as we are particularly prone to injuries throughout the squad.

Hey. He wore driving gloves and cried when he beat Klopp once

I don't understand why he is rated so highly. :lol:

109 year old Roy Hodgson to manage the Ev next. You read it here first.

Everton once had Benitez and Ancelotti and they sacked both. They won’t get anyone better to manage them than these two

Everton once had Benitez and Ancelotti and they sacked both. They won’t get anyone better to manage them than these two

We didn't sack Ancelotti and Benitez had one of the worst ppg in our history.

They really should have got Dyche to begin with, and in their current situation it would be a no brainer.

They're got a load of players that aren't very technical, aren't creative, not many goals in the side so there's no point getting someone fancy for a "project." Address the here and now. Dyche on a 2 year deal. If not him than somebody that is solid defensively.

They need to go back to what Everton traditionally used to be. Horrible to play against, exploit set pieces, defend well, play at an intensity, especially at home. They've got the centre backs for this style, they've not got the attackers for an expensive style.

It's pretty cliché but a current Big Sam would rescue that side no bother.

Moyes and Dyche don't play the type of football that is progressive or in line with the future of football which is why I and many fans would be against them long term. If we want to get it right we need a manager and a board/backroom staff that are all progressive and work in that manner but that won't change until Moshiri, Kenwright and co. leave.
I think this is a dangerous thought process when you could go down, you might as well just keep lampard. Ideally you need someone to sure things up until the end of the season before appointing a new manager.

You are right about Ancelotti but surely Frank Lampard has the worst ppg in your history or whatever that means? I have no idea what’s ppg so i assume that is just some statistic

Points per game. I believe Lampard is on around 0.97 now and Benitez on 1.

I think this is a dangerous thought process when you could go down, you might as well just keep lampard. Ideally you need someone to sure things up until the end of the season before appointing a new manager.

I don't think it is. As I keep explaining, nothing is going to change at the club until the board and top backroom staff change. It will just continue the merry go round at the club. I don't think getting in someone like Dyche or Moyes will do anything for the future of the club, they'll just be people who plug away and help us survive each year but eventually clubs that do that get relegated. I genuiinely think we need a hard reset, whether that means relegation or not. Sunderland were like this a few years back. Spent way beyond their means with terrible board and staff and went down the leagues but now have a new owner and staff that 'get it' and they are making good progress as a club because they are making the right moves that start from the top of the club. Mowbary might not be the most 'progressive' and new age man in the world but the business model they're running at the club is the type you need now to succeed as a club outside the 'big 6'. If you still have the terrible board then I think the next best bet is to try and bring in a progressive manager to implement changes such as Ange from Celtic etc.

Take our signings this season for example. Coady and Tarkowski are straight forward in what you do with them, as is Gueye. Onana, Maupay and McNeil however are three players where it doesn't seem like we know what or how we want to use them. It's like we bought them because we had to fill the squad and get players in those positions and they were the only ones available. I don't think any of them are particularly shite players but we are making them look awful because we aren't utilising them correctly at all - that I can put on Lampard.

Last edited:
They weren’t going to sack him with such little time between games and zero substantial rumours of a replacement.

Soton, West Ham and then Arsenal are their next games. Those first two games are doable in terms of not losing considering those two teams are also in disarray.

Yeah was never gonna get the boot given the cup game against us on Friday. Afterwards more likely particularly if we were to give them a hiding even if their upcoming games bar Arsenal are dobale points wise

They weren’t going to sack him with such little time between games and zero substantial rumours of a replacement.

Soton, West Ham and then Arsenal are their next games. Those first two games are doable in terms of not losing considering those two teams are also in disarray.

The problem is that not many fans trust him to win those first two games considering we have lost 4 home games in a row and haven’t been beating the teams around us since we lost to Bournemouth just before the WC and Wolves just after. The Southampton game is absolute huge and we can’t afford to feck that up.

Rooney favourite to replace Lampard - doing the rounds on Twitter from some pretty reliable sources.

Just seen the list of £20 million plus players signed under Moshiri on MOTD. They’ve signed 18 of them! Not one would strike me as top 6 premier league quality - maybe Godfrey and Pickford at a push. Astonishingly bad investment over a sustained period of time.

I don't think it is. As I keep explaining, nothing is going to change at the club until the board and top backroom staff change. It will just continue the merry go round at the club. I don't think getting in someone like Dyche or Moyes will do anything for the future of the club, they'll just be people who plug away and help us survive each year but eventually clubs that do that get relegated. I genuinely think we need a hard reset, whether that means relegation or not. Sunderland were like this a few years back. Spent way beyond their means with terrible board and staff and went down the leagues but now have a new owner and staff that 'get it' and they are making good progress as a club because they are making the right moves that start from the top of the club. Mowbary might not be the most 'progressive' and new age man in the world but the business model they're running at the club is the type you need now to succeed as a club outside the 'big 6'. If you still have the terrible board then I think the next best bet is to try and bring in a progressive manager to implement changes such as Ange from Celtic etc.

Take our signings this season for example. Coady and Tarkowski are straight forward in what you do with them, as is Gueye. Onana, Maupay and McNeil however are three players where it doesn't seem like we know what or how we want to use them. It's like we bought them because we had to fill the squad and get players in those positions and they were the only ones available. I don't think any of them are particularly shite players but we are making them look awful because we aren't utilising them correctly at all - that I can put on Lampard.
I get the point you're making but is that a trade off you would actually take? Things got a lot worse for Sunderland before they got better, and it's been 5 years out of the Premier League for them so far.

I think you are right that the problems at Everton go beyond the manager though. Even in Ancelotti's (still feels mad that ever happened) only full season in charge, you just about scraped top 10 and from memory, the football was fairly dull. Your recruitment has been poor for years, it feels like the last kind of exciting Everton side was the one Martinez presided over with Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku etc.

Rooney favourite to replace Lampard - doing the rounds on Twitter from some pretty reliable sources.

Rooney would be just Lampard 2.0. Both inexperienced managers making the wrong career choices. Neither were/are really ready for a relegation battle which is why the naiveties of Lampard are so glaring. I still think there is probably a decent manager in there somewhere but he's made really poor career moves.

I get the point you're making but is that a trade off you would actually take? Things got a lot worse for Sunderland before they got better, and it's been 5 years out of the Premier League for them so far.

I think you are right that the problems at Everton go beyond the manager though. Even in Ancelotti's (still feels mad that ever happened) only full season in charge, you just about scraped top 10 and from memory, the football was fairly dull. Your recruitment has been poor for years, it feels like the last kind of exciting Everton side was the one Martinez presided over with Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku etc.

I'd rather get relegated and be guff for 5 years before getting better than being a relegation battler for 10 more years playing shite football, yeah. Thing is, we are so crap it's hard to make a decision of what to do. Any decision we make with the current board is going to not really matter I don't think. If relegation is what it takes to get them out I think you'd have quite a lot of fans who would take that hit.

Ange ain't going to Everton. Anyone saying that needs their heads looked at.

Can't see any plus, outside of maybe wage increase, and I'm not even sure if that's the case. Everton are a shambles, why would he leave a bigger club, that playing in champs league to go to a club that is rotten top to bottom. Deluded talk to be honest.

Rooney would be just Lampard 2.0. Both inexperienced managers making the wrong career choices. Neither were/are really ready for a relegation battle which is why the naiveties of Lampard are so glaring. I still think there is probably a decent manager in there somewhere but he's made really poor career moves.

Only benefit I can see of Rooney over Lampard is that he's experienced a relegation dog fight and working with his hands tied behind his back at Derby. Could stand him in good stead for the job.

Agree with this. People are extremely disparaging about his year at Derby, but although the results weren’t much better than Rowett’s he got them playing much more attractive football. I also find the notion that bringing in a load of Chelsea youngsters on loan is going to guarantee promotion from the gritty and unforgiving Championship somewhat naïve.

For someone who’s allegedly so intelligent, his career choices since then have been idiotic though. Another year at Derby would surely have firmed up his experience, which would have been far more valuable to him in the long run than a romantic but inevitably doomed move to Chelsea. The Everton move was evidence that however massive his IQ, it’s dwarfed by his ego. Which is a shame, as there isn’t exactly a glut of promising English managers.

I'd rather get relegated and be guff for 5 years before getting better than being a relegation battler for 10 more years playing shite football, yeah. Thing is, we are so crap it's hard to make a decision of what to do. Any decision we make with the current board is going to not really matter I don't think. If relegation is what it takes to get them out I think you'd have quite a lot of fans who would take that hit.
Yeah. However shit the Glazers have been at United, there was always hope that Ed Woodward might get replaced by someone who was less of an idiot. Your owner seems happy to make the bad decisions himself rather than delegate them to an incompetent underling, which is harder to fix.

Benitez was an absolute nightmare for Everton.

Benitez was an absolute nightmare for Everton.
He wasn't given the time, though.

Looking at this, only him and Sam didn't last 38 games total (the equivalent of one season).... And Lampard has now done worse than Rafa.

This includes Cup games....

Looking at this, only him and Sam didn't last 38 games total (the equivalent of one season).... And Lampard has now done worse than Rafa.

He didn't deserve the time and shouldn't have been appointed in the first place. He was fecking dreadful. Lampard being worse doesn't change that. He sold two of our biggest goal contributers in Digne and James which is one of the reasons we are bereft of any attacking quality now.

This includes Cup games....

He didn't deserve time, he was an abomination for them and sold their best player to a rival for no reason. Lampard being shit doesn't mean Benitez deserved time.

How are you feeling about the United match?

Hate that feeling when you naturally want your team to win, but realistically know that if they don't it might be much better in the long run.

Especially seeing the likes of Poch and Tuchel in the job centre right now

How are you feeling about the United match?

Hate that feeling when you naturally want your team to win, but realistically know that if they don't it might be much better in the long run.

Especially seeing the likes of Poch and Tuchel in the job centre right now

It's sad but I don't really care about it. The important games are Southampton and West Ham. Both in similar positions to us and winning both / getting at least 4 points from those is vital. I just hope he goes back to the 5-3-2 and keeps us in a consistent shape if he is going to be staying on.

I understand not wanting to throw a new manager under the bus with a game at Old Trafford first up, but surely after that it's time to get a grown up in the big chair?

Southampton are absolutely dire, but as he's shown in the Wolves and Bournemouth games, that's no obstacle for Frank "I'm a thinker" Lampard to find ways to lose to them. Get an actual professional in, hope you get a bounce for the 6-pointers, and give him the rest of the transfer window to work.

I understand not wanting to throw a new manager under the bus with a game at Old Trafford first up, but surely after that it's time to get a grown up in the big chair?

Southampton are absolutely dire, but as he's shown in the Wolves and Bournemouth games, that's no obstacle for Frank "I'm a thinker" Lampard to find ways to lose to them. Get an actual professional in, hope you get a bounce for the 6-pointers, and give him the rest of the transfer window to work.

They're making the same mistake they did with Benitez and having him on a rolling 1 game contract. Also probably don't have a replacement lined up either.

Everton just feels like one of those utterly poisoned chalices like Sunderland did.

A fairly big club with good history, but are smacking their heads on a glass ceiling of about 10th. And obviously anyone under that is fairly regularly at risk of getting sucked into a relegation battle at some stage.

Agree with this. People are extremely disparaging about his year at Derby, but although the results weren’t much better than Rowett’s he got them playing much more attractive football. I also find the notion that bringing in a load of Chelsea youngsters on loan is going to guarantee promotion from the gritty and unforgiving Championship somewhat naïve.
Not sure if I understand you correctly here, but are you suggesting that the youngsters that came on loan weren't as responsible as much as his managerial ability? I mean, obviously its harsh to completely ignore his own efforts. But Mason Mount alone was head and shoulders above the rest in the Championship, Fikayo Tomori is a PL/Serie A level defender, and Harry Wilson from Liverpool their top scorer. It wouldn't be harsh at all to say that these loanees carried them to promotion, and even then they barely scraped it.

I had high hopes for Frank because his time at Derby seemed more impressive than Ole's title wins in Norway at the time. But he quickly exposed himself at Chelsea.