Frank Lampard | Burnley?

It must be tough for him. On the one hand, a competitor like him would hate to lose his job and be considered not good enough. On the other, the time off would allow him to get that hair transplant.

You tried, you did well last season, started the season with promise and then let all your mistakes of the past control the rest of the season.

I think thats Jones's first win in the league this season?

Lampard is done.

What is your youth set-up like? Has Moshiri invested in that at all?
Shite. Loads of promising youngsters have left over the years like Thierry Small and Mohamed-Ali Cho. He splashes cash on the wrong things and the wrong ways. He isn't a football man and has no understanding of it. Hasn't let the football people do their jobs properly and thus we are in this fecking mess.

Rooney's shown to be able to motivate a team at the very least. Which is more than what Lampard is able to do. He cant possibly get another job after this. He's failed in the Championship for big team and for a mid-table Premier League side. Unless he wants to join Salford City or something, Lampard is cooked.

Shite. Loads of promising youngsters have left over the years like Thierry Small and Mohamed-Ali Cho. He splashes cash on the wrong things and the wrong ways. He isn't a football man and has no understanding of it. Hasn't let the football people do their jobs properly and thus we are in this fecking mess.

That's very depressing. Not even any medium term planning shown.

That's very depressing. Not even any medium term planning shown.

Nah, none. I think the Ancelotti appointment proved that. It wasn't with the thought that Ancelotti can grow with the club and we can build a long term vision but a thought of Moshiri where he thought oh this guy wins things, have some money, go win. It has always been a splash some cash and that will solve it hopefully job than a let's try to do this the right way job.

Worst manager in the league

Mediocre are Derby, crap at Chelsea and shite at Everton.

I liked his work at Derby but now looking at this, maybe he is not good enough to manage a club. Pundit it is then.

I liked his work at Derby but now looking at this, maybe he is not good enough to manage a club. Pundit it is then.

I dunno, I still think he has a bit of manager about him but he has clear faults that he seemingly can't address while in employment and he needs to have a very long look at those and try to fix them if he wants to succeed.

I dunno, I still think he has a bit of manager about him but he has clear faults that he seemingly can't address while in employment and he needs to have a very long look at those and try to fix them if he wants to succeed.
I can't see any other PL club hiring him. Maybe championship or league one. Same like Gerrard. The only reason both got some leeway is because of their playing stature.

I can't see any other PL club hiring him. Maybe championship or league one. Same like Gerrard. The only reason both got some leeway is because of their playing stature.

I agree he won't get another PL job but I can see a Championship club taking a punt on him.

How does he still have a job?

The only explanation I can see is that since the Usmanov sanctions, Everton don't actually have two buttons to rub together and can't afford to sack him and/or bring anybody else in.

Anything other than that is just dereliction of duty at this stage.

I feel like you've defended him so much over the past year that you're incapable of admitting you're wrong, but... Nah. There's nothing about him that shows "a bit of manager". He's terrible and he's getting worse.

I feel like you've defended him so much over the past year that you're incapable of admitting you're wrong, but... Nah. There's nothing about him that shows "a bit of manager". He's terrible and he's getting worse.

I think he’s shown in multiple games that he can set up a side correctly and get results but his arrogance and tendency to go back to a style that he believes is right gets in the way and ultimately fails him. I think if he goes away and works on that he could be a decent manager for a championship club. As it is he’s made terrible career choices. He should never have gone to Chelsea when he did and he should never have come to us.

I don’t think it’s wrong to back a manager at the time when you watch a club and team every week and see the things they’ve done well within the context of what they’re working with. At the time Lampard was doing a decent job, thus my comments. I then admitted, several weeks ago, before the World Cup, that despite that, results catch up with you and you can’t hide from them and he was making the same mistakes over and over again which was fecking us. Now his position is absolutely untenable and he needs to go.

I don’t think he’s a terrible manager or nothing about him shows a bit of a manager. If that was the case he would have lost every game he played at the club. Is he good enough for Everton or the PL, no. But at the time he was worth the punt to see if he could prove that he was or not. He started decently this season and then we fell apart completely and he showed he wasn’t good enough ultimately. I will always try to be fair in my assessments of my own club and others.

Last edited:
Sounds like you've been run even worse than United with Woodward overseeing things. That takes some doing. No wonder Everton are in real danger of relegation