Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Their run in is harrrrd. I think they might be banjaxed. Really enjoying Lampard's ego being deflated like a bouncy castle with a broken compressor though :D

If he loses to us on the weekend I think they might sack him and try to get someone else in.

Given Rangnick's latest talk about a lack of physicality and the desperate state they're in, I could see this being a game where one team is physically dominant and creates a (very very brief) springboard for itself.

We most definitely need Matic in our XI.

They play us next we all know they’re getting the 3 points

In all honesty they have terrible fixtures they’re on the verge of going down

For Lampard he didn’t get Derby up when they had one of the best squads in the league, got outshone by Ole whilst at Chelsea and looks like possibly getting relegated with Everton he’s probably the worst manager in the league.

If he can't beat us on the weekend he deserves to be sacked. We are a De Gea injury away from a relegation quality team at the moment

This will go down in legend if/when he relegates them :drool:

:lol: They got their man.

nVIgVJB.png

TswcXpk.png

What does that have to do with Lampard, who took a "lower league" job at Derby?
You know exactly what I mean. That was his first gig and as low as he'd probably have gone. You'd never see him at Forest Green, Fleetwood Town or Burton Albion like Jimmy Floyd. Bet they wish they had gone for Pereira now. Those fans must feel so stupid right now.

Can't see him lasting to the end of the season. Reckon if he doesn't beat Utd he will be gone.

Didn't Periera relegate 1860 Munich or was that another coach? I doubt he'd have done much better.

Ferguson until end of the season was probably their best bet. Guess it's still possible if they lose next three and decide to roll decide for last month of the season as they'll be totally desperate and probably 19th by then.

Not that I would attribute much good planning to Everton but they haven't had 12 managers in the last ten years.
Here they are; I realize that Ferguson & Unsworth were temps but I feel they still count.
Frank Lampard
Duncan Ferguson
Rafa Benitez
Carlo Ancelotti
Duncan Ferguson
Marco Silva
Sam Allardyce
David Unsworth
Ronald Koeman
Joe Royle
David Unsworth
Robert Martinez
David Moyes

Here they are; I realize that Ferguson & Unsworth were temps but I feel they still count.
Frank Lampard
Duncan Ferguson
Rafa Benitez
Carlo Ancelotti
Duncan Ferguson
Marco Silva
Sam Allardyce
David Unsworth
Ronald Koeman
Joe Royle
David Unsworth
Robert Martinez
David Moyes

Joe Royle was in the 90's...

Pretty sure he was manager when Paul fecking Rideout beat us in the FA Cup in 95

Frank Lampard
Duncan Ferguson
Rafa Benitez
Carlo Ancelotti
Duncan Ferguson
Marco Silva
Sam Allardyce
David Unsworth
Ronald Koeman
Joe Royle
David Unsworth
Robert Martinez
David Moyes

should have brought big sam back, not someone who couldnt get back to back wins with what turned out to be a champions league winning squad.

You have some strange days on the Caf

He's right.

Not that Rooney is dumb, he's not

But regardless of your qualifications (look, the only qualification needed is a UEFA Pro A License and it seems that Lampard has it so), when Everton in the PL call, you go for it. You don't knock yourself out of the running and go down to League 1 to "prove yourself" or "learn your trade". All this nonsense about Lampard needing to "work his way up from the lower league" (which he kind of did with Derby) is... nonsense.

And if you fail, so what? The PL is a carousel. Place yourself in a position to get the next opening.

Didn't Periera relegate 1860 Munich or was that another coach? I doubt he'd have done much better.

Ferguson until end of the season was probably their best bet. Guess it's still possible if they lose next three and decide to roll decide for last month of the season as they'll be totally desperate and probably 19th by then.

Ferguson wouldn't have done jack shit. He talks a good game and is a hard un but has shown little to prove that he could keep Everton up.

Big Sam? Now we're talking. Where is he nowadays?

They are a proper, historic PL club and I don't mind them at all. Probably the only fans that hate Scousers more than us and, hopefully, they go on some run after we beat them.
Rather Leeds go down in all honesty.

What happens to Lampard next if Everton goes down? Failed in three jobs in a row, jobs he really only got based on his playing reputation.

Surely either he has to drop way down to prove himself or go abroad?

What happens to Lampard next if Everton goes down? Failed in three jobs in a row, jobs he really only got based on his playing reputation.

Yeah I think failure is a bit of a stretch for what happened at Derby or at Chelsea. Everton he could argue was a bit of a poisoned chalice. Not saying he's faultless in all scenarios but no manager is perfect.

He most likely won't have to "prove himself". If he can present his experience in the best light to a PL chairman he'll be fine. There will always be a vacancy around the corner.

Yeah Lampard will get another chance somewhere. He just has to choose a better job if Everton ends up relegated.

Yeah I think failure is a bit of a stretch for what happened at Derby or at Chelsea. Everton he could argue was a bit of a poisoned chalice. Not saying he's faultless in all scenarios but no manager is perfect.

He most likely won't have to "prove himself". If he can present his experience in the best light to a PL chairman he'll be fine. There will always be a vacancy around the corner.
OK, let's say "underwhelming" at Derby (took over in 6th, left them 6th). Chelsea again underwhelming, true that he was hampered by the transfer bans, but the difference in that team after Tuchel took over is night and day. You might say Everton was a poisoned chalice, but another way to look at it is that he had the chance to turn around a squad that should be no-one near relegation.

All in all, 3 appointments and nothing you could hang your hat on as approaching success. If he walks into another top level job, he's conned someone.

Watford are always in need of a manager every now and then

They are a proper, historic PL club and I don't mind them at all. Probably the only fans that hate Scousers more than us and, hopefully, they go on some run after we beat them.
Rather Leeds go down in all honesty.

Evetonians are Scousers. Everton is the name of a football team based in Liverpool. There are about a 15 minute walk away from each other through the park.

Being from Liverpool makes the Scousers.

Yes, that list is not in chronological order.

It is aside from Joe Royle.

Moyes left in 2013 and was there from 2002 so he's the end point.

Joe Royle was a few before Moyes so he's the outlier.

You know exactly what I mean. That was his first gig and as low as he'd probably have gone. You'd never see him at Forest Green, Fleetwood Town or Burton Albion like Jimmy Floyd. Bet they wish they had gone for Pereira now. Those fans must feel so stupid right now.

Tbh, I'm not sure Pereira would have done any better. Everton are the only club that have been managed worse than us in the league.

:lol: They got their man.

nVIgVJB.png

TswcXpk.png
I couldn't understand why Everton fans wanted him and were so irate with the other chap publicly stating that he wants the job. Like, what was the Lampard hype even based on?

Evetonians are Scousers. Everton is the name of a football team based in Liverpool. There are about a 15 minute walk away from each other through the park.

Being from Liverpool makes the Scousers.
Yes I'm aware of that, I should have named them 'Liverpool fans' instead, my mistake.

Tbh, he doesn’t know enough about defensive-tactics, that’s his problem through career. He needs to fix it, if he wants to be a top level coach. His defensive approach is one of the worst that I’ve seen from any coaches.

Tbh, he doesn’t know enough about defensive-tactics, that’s his problem through career. He needs to fix it, if he wants to be a top level coach. His defensive approach is one of the worst that I’ve seen from any coaches.
Given that was his flaw at Chelsea, and obviously his lack of experience and pedigree, Everton have really shot themselves in the foot with this appointment.

It's all between them and Burnley now who must be buzzing after that win. But 3 points for any of the two in the coming games could make a big difference.

You really need experience for a relegation fight. I think he over-estimated himself when he took the job. I wouldn't be suprised if he is sacked today.

Tbh, I'm not sure Pereira would have done any better. Everton are the only club that have been managed worse than us in the league.
Yeah you may be right but it was just the way they slammed and dismissed the guy publicly in favour of Lampard who in football managerial terms is a nobody. Just didn't make sense and so they're getting what they deserve.