Frank Lampard | Burnley?

You think Frank will stay in management if Everton go down? If Burnley win tonight I think it is likely that Everton will be relegated when you compare their remaining fixtures. It's a must watch tonight, hope Burnley win.
I have to agree. I'm looking for a Burnley win.

I don't understand Lampard entering a relegation battle and signing Deli Ali and VDB. If you want a mentally fragile team that's been mismanaged to overcome those hurdles and perform under pressure you don't sign those two. Seems he just went for reputation regardless of suitability.

I don't understand Lampard entering a relegation battle and signing Deli Ali and VDB. If you want a mentally fragile team that's been mismanaged to overcome those hurdles and perform under pressure you don't sign those two. Seems he just went for reputation regardless of suitability.

Lampard doesn't have a clue. They have decent enough players, but they have had injuries and no quality depth. Cannot get a point away from Goodison to save their life.

Hard time scoring and hard time conceding goals against decent opponents. Hope they go down and Lampard is sacked. Dude gets a free ride and it's undeserved.

You think Frank will stay in management if Everton go down? If Burnley win tonight I think it is likely that Everton will be relegated when you compare their remaining fixtures. It's a must watch tonight, hope Burnley win.
His media friends will save him. He may not get another shot in the PL for a while but everytime someone is sacked he will be the "favourite".

If he's really serious about his management career he should try another club in the championship somewhere safe in the middle of the table.

My god it's a big game for them tonight. They absolutely can not lose.

My god it's a big game for them tonight. They absolutely can not lose.

Forgot that was tonight.

Call me daft, but I'm strongly considering watching that over either of the CL games. :lol:

Forgot that was tonight.

Call me daft, but I'm strongly considering watching that over either of the CL games. :lol:

Absolutely, I think I will be watching it tonight. It's absolutely massive for both teams.

A draw is no use to Burnley really. I think both teams are going for the win.

Tempted to watch this over the Champions League games tonight, love a relegation scrap :lol:

I am actually surprised at how bad he's been at Everton. I'm probably in the minority, but I thought he did an okay job at Chelsea. They had a transfer embargo that first window and he brought through a lot of the youth players whilst finishing 4th. Obviously getting Tuchel in instead of him was the right call and he's a far better manager but I thought he'd fair better than he has. If he takes Everton down then I struggle to see him getting another role anytime soon.

Gotta consider calling time on Everton as a football club if they go down and Liverpool do the quad. Fully expect them to lose to a Dyche shithouse special tonight

Absolutely, I think I will be watching it tonight. It's absolutely massive for both teams.

A draw is no use to Burnley really. I think both teams are going for the win.

Burnley's fixture run is quite favourable. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for a draw only.

Loss for either side makes them favourites for relegation

I can't stand these entitled Premier League players who think they're too big for lower league manager roles even though they have zero experience. I really hope Burnley thump them tonight though it would just be typical of United to get hammered by them on Saturday. I would love nothing more than for Lampard to get the sack. Hopefully we can be that nail in the coffin.

I can't stand these entitled Premier League players who think they're too big for lower league manager roles even though they have zero experience. I really hope Burnley thump them tonight though it would just be typical of United to get hammered by them on Saturday. I would love nothing more than for Lampard to get the sack. Hopefully we can be that nail in the coffin.
He managed Derby for a season? But I get your point, he's not very good, I'd go as far to say he might be the worst manager in the league.

Everton have the potential to be Sunderland if they go down this year. Just can't see them recovering from it in the short term
Nah they're a big club. They'll be like Newcastle and always find a way to quickly bounce back up.

Assuming they can avoid the catastrophic financial implications that doomed Leeds for years that is.

Nah they're a big club. They'll be like Newcastle and always find a way to quickly bounce back up.

Assuming they can avoid the catastrophic financial implications that doomed Leeds for years that is.
They're such a mess at board level and have spent so much money, it's hard to see how they recover from it financially. Their Russian board investor has been cut off as well. They'll have to fire-sell if they go down

:nervous:

His media friends will save him. He may not get another shot in the PL for a while but everytime someone is sacked he will be the "favourite".

If he's really serious about his management career he should try another club in the championship somewhere safe in the middle of the table.
Yup. If he were as “intelligent” as his friends tell us, he’d get a job at the sort of club you suggest with ambitious but patient owners and a decent academy. There he could get by on the stuff he’s good at (attacking football, promoting and developing youth) while learning the things he’s not (organising a defence, man management) in a relatively low pressure environment.

Sadly that seems to be beneath him.

Yup. If he were as “intelligent” as his friends tell us, he’d get a job at the sort of club you suggest with ambitious but patient owners and a decent academy. There he could get by on the stuff he’s good at (attacking football, promoting and developing youth) while learning the things he’s not (organising a defence, man management) in a relatively low pressure environment.

Sadly that seems to be beneath him.

He can't manifest the perfect job offer from a club which doesn't exist.

He's got an above average IQ, he's not Dr Strange.

What does that have to do with Lampard, who took a "lower league" job at Derby?

He managed a Derby team that had finished 6th the previous season and with a PL budget and the pick of the Chelsea academy he managed to lead them to another 6th place finish. Not knocking the fact that it was a Championship job but it was not like any other Championship job out there and if you look at what he had at his disposal and what he accomplished he did not achieve anything that would suggest he was ready for a PL job, let alone a big job like Chelsea. When you consider how badly things ended up at Chelsea and the way the team soared under Tuchel just underlines how out of his depth he was, it is mental that Everton thought he was the right man for the job. I hate Big Dunc but for where they were at and what they needed they would have been better off leaving him in charge until the end of the season.

He managed a Derby team that had finished 6th the previous season and with a PL budget and the pick of the Chelsea academy he managed to lead them to another 6th place finish. Not knocking the fact that it was a Championship job but it was not like any other Championship job out there and if you look at what he had at his disposal and what he accomplished he did not achieve anything that would suggest he was ready for a PL job, let alone a big job like Chelsea. When you consider how badly things ended up at Chelsea and the way the team soared under Tuchel just underlines how out of his depth he was, it is mental that Everton thought he was the right man for the job. I hate Big Dunc but for where they were at and what they needed they would have been better off leaving him in charge until the end of the season.

He might be the worst manager ever but the accusation that he didn't take over a team outside of the top division is just false.

He might be the worst manager ever but the accusation that he didn't take over a team outside of the top division is just false.

I did not dispute that. Right now he needs to go back and do it again although there is a decent chance he can manage in the Championship with Everton based on the job he is doing so far :lol:

Getting relegated at Derby rather than relegated at Everton? I guess long term it's a smarter decision, given the situation at Derby.
Yeah I know, Derby is a free hit for Rooney though, even if they go down people won't blame him. Everton was a falling knife and we all know you shouldn't try to catch them

He can't manifest the perfect job offer from a club which doesn't exist.

He's got an above average IQ, he's not Dr Strange.
Ok I know sod all about the Championship, but surely there are clubs like that. Luton? I don’t know anything about their academy.

Derby looked like the perfect club at the time. I reckon if he’d stayed there AND it hadn’t been a house of cards he’d have done ok.