Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Watching the Scotland game makes Frank’s management look even more questionable. Patterson looks a fantastic talent and cannot get in the Everton team ahead of the dreadful Seamus Coleman and league one level Jonjoe Kenny.

His interview for the job would have been interesting "can you get us out of this, keep us safe?" "yes, absolutely".
He's an intelligent bloke, no doubt, but the attitude that he's developed kind of undermines that in my opinion and I'd like to see how he fairs with the media if they get dragged right into it where it comes down to the last couple of games. I'd like to see how he gets treated, for me, he gets something close to a free ride from the media - I don't like to mention it, and I'm not defending him, but comparatively the media went after Solskjaer after one bad result, whereas Frank......
I don't think he's a good manager in the slightest and as others have mentioned, I think he needs more time at a lower level to find his style and that of players he manages.

Thought this bump was about the recent interview where Alonso roasted him

I still think Watford will get themselves relegated but the momentum with Everton is very worrying and they are starting to skate on thin ice with few games left.

I still think Watford will get themselves relegated but the momentum with Everton is very worrying and they are starting to skate on thin ice with few games left.

They have a very winnable game next, though. Might be the boost they need.

Can’t wait to see how great we’re gonna make their midfield look on Saturday.

We’re so weak in there that I back every team in the league to win that battle, with the exception of Leeds and Burnley.

Massive game at Burnley on Wednesday, lose that and skating on seriously thin relegation ice.

Watford have looked like a well coached team since Roy took over while Everton have been a shambles with Frank in charge. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Watford win a couple & put pressure on Everton.
If Everton don't beat Burnley they are in big, big trouble !!

I think Burnley have a better chance than Watford of staying up but they have to beat Everton next.

Everton fixtures (GP: 28, GD: -19, Pts: 25)
Burnley (a)
Manchester United (h)
Leicester City (h)
Liverpool (a)
Chelsea (h)
Leicester City (a)
Brentford (h)
Arsenal (a)
TBA: Crystal Palace (h)
TBA: Watford (a)

Watford fixtures (GP: 30, GD: -28, Pts: 22)
Leeds United (h)
Brentford (h)
Manchester City (a)
Burnley (h)
Crystal Palace (a)
Leicester City (h)
Chelsea (a)
TBA: Everton (h)

Burnley fixtures (GP: 28, GD: -18, Pts: 21)
Everton (h)
Norwich City (a)
West Ham United (a)
Southampton (h)
Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)
Watford (a)
Aston Villa (h)
Tottenham Hotspur (a)
Newcastle United (h)
TBA: Aston Villa (a)

His interview for the job would have been interesting "can you get us out of this, keep us safe?" "yes, absolutely".
He's an intelligent bloke, no doubt, but the attitude that he's developed kind of undermines that in my opinion and I'd like to see how he fairs with the media if they get dragged right into it where it comes down to the last couple of games. I'd like to see how he gets treated, for me, he gets something close to a free ride from the media - I don't like to mention it, and I'm not defending him, but comparatively the media went after Solskjaer after one bad result, whereas Frank......
I don't think he's a good manager in the slightest and as others have mentioned, I think he needs more time at a lower level to find his style and that of players he manages.
In my opinion, he he has almost no charisma.

Burnley appear to have the easier run in of the three & Everton look to have the toughest.

If Burnley beat Everton, I think Everton are in real danger of going down. Maybe more likely than Burnley.

Burnley's fixture run is pretty kind if we're being honest, and in Dyche they have a manager who has experience of being in such situations. Lampard for all the talent at his disposal, is a poor defensive coach

Wow, those Everton fixtures are brutal :eek: Other than the game against us then it’s difficult to see when they will next get points if the Burnley game goes against them in mid-week.

I wonder if he’ll do that head-shake look to the heavens “we wuz robbed” performance he often delivered as a player?

Getting a club like Everton relegated would be pretty shameful even if they were hardly brilliant under Rafa. Still think they won't go down though.

I think they'll go down.
They've got a few talented players but they're lacking that graft and leadership on and off the field and that's something you always fundamentally need if you're successful let alone fighting to stay in the division. And Lampard simply doesn't have the experience for a situation like this.

Burnley have the petty big advantage of the majority of their games being against teams who are bang mid-table with nothing to play for as well.

Watford actually looked good against Liverpool. Everton should stay up but Burnley have been in thus type if fight and Watford is well drilled now.

At least we have some entertaining games to watch.

Everton will beat United and it’ll give them confidence
I'm not so sure; it's such an inevitable result I doubt they will take much confidence from it, especially with the fixtures they have to follow immediately afterwards. But on the other side, if they somehow fail to beat us then that will surely finish whatever confidence they have left right now.

Everton are dreadful. Frank has somehow made them even worse than they were under Benitez.

Difficult run on their hands. I’d love Frank to be successful but he’s clearly out of his depth.

I think when they won that Newcastle game they celebrated like they had stayed up on the last day of the season, and mentally thought it was job done.

They are in serious trouble. They have a hunting pack behind them that are fighting for the lives......... Everton should be fighting for their lives but at the moment they are just lying down waiting to be put out of their misery.

Their fixture list is horrendous I have a feeling they will go down.

I think Burnley have a better chance than Watford of staying up but they have to beat Everton next.

Everton fixtures (GP: 28, GD: -19, Pts: 25)
Burnley (a)
Manchester United (h)
Leicester City (h)
Liverpool (a)
Chelsea (h)
Leicester City (a)
Brentford (h)
Arsenal (a)
TBA: Crystal Palace (h)
TBA: Watford (a)

Watford fixtures (GP: 30, GD: -28, Pts: 22)
Leeds United (h)
Brentford (h)
Manchester City (a)
Burnley (h)
Crystal Palace (a)
Leicester City (h)
Chelsea (a)
TBA: Everton (h)

Burnley fixtures (GP: 28, GD: -18, Pts: 21)
Everton (h)
Norwich City (a)
West Ham United (a)
Southampton (h)
Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)
Watford (a)
Aston Villa (h)
Tottenham Hotspur (a)
Newcastle United (h)
TBA: Aston Villa (a)

Everton's fixtures are extremely bad. Aside from United at home they are all difficult, mostly against teams with something to play for which this time of year is tougher than playing mid-table teams with more quality but no goal (e.g. Brighton, Palace, Newcastle). Burnley and Watford games are going to be very crucial and they are both away.

I reckon he's done at top level management after Everton. His comments after the FA Cup defeat were questionable, completely laying the blame on the players.

Responsibility always lands at the managers feet, in all forms of business. Thought it showed a really bad side to his character. The hiring of Lampard and the signing of Dele Alli show exactly why Everton are where they are. They are more terribly managed than United, and that is saying something!

Everton's fixtures are extremely bad. Aside from United at home they are all difficult, mostly against teams with something to play for which this time of year is tougher than playing mid-table teams with more quality but no goal (e.g. Brighton, Palace, Newcastle). Burnley and Watford games are going to be very crucial and they are both away.

:lol:

I still can’t imagine them going down. But the run in is terrible and Burnley can get a couple of wins under their belt. What on earth happened to Everton :confused:

I think this Everton situation has shown what bad club management and a toxic dressing room can do. They have a real fight, but I think they'll just do enough to stay up. Problem is, like us, they basically need to gut their squad in Summer of the toxic players and rebuild. What money will they have available after the Usmanov thing is finalized?

Funny part is how everyone is thinking Everton are going to beat us. Everton are bad but how hopeless are we ???

Funny part is how everyone is thinking Everton are going to beat us. Everton are bad but how hopeless are we ???

To be honest not really surprising, most around here think we are shite and going to lose every game. It's nothing new

Any confidence they would gain would be minimal. We’re hardly a scalp these days, more like an easy 3 points.
No we aren't. We're more likely to draw. That's been United's problem under Rangnick. Similar amount of wins to Ole this season but less losses.

I think if we beat them and then they lose against Burnley, Everton would inevitably sack Lampard and that would be the last we'd see of him in the premier league. Big preassure on him, hope we can take advantage of that.

They're not really going to get relegated though. All they need to do is not lose against Burnley mid week. That's all. And Burnley are far too crappy this season to avoid going down, they thoroughly deserve it too.

They're not really going to get relegated though. All they need to do is not lose against Burnley mid week. That's all. And Burnley are far too crappy this season to avoid going down, they thoroughly deserve it too.
If they lose at Burnley on Wednesday they will be in a very serious relegation battle that I don't think Frank or his team have the Cojones for. !!
I feel that a lot of their players are already planning their next move away. Most will move on if they get relegated.

You think Frank will stay in management if Everton go down? If Burnley win tonight I think it is likely that Everton will be relegated when you compare their remaining fixtures. It's a must watch tonight, hope Burnley win.